What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Too much pissing about.
The show used to be nothing but goofy adventures, and it worked fine.
Then they decided to implement plot, except they only followed up on it maybe twice a season at best.

That and the writing got really stale. It became too dependent on status quo and "EPIC SPACE MUFFIN" type humor.

There's parts of it that I like, but I'd be lying if I said I remembered the last time I actually cared about it at all.

The show's not that great

Like Regular Show it fell into the relationship meme

At least this last season of Regular Show has been pretty damn funny

stopped being about wacky fun adventures of a boy and his dog.
I don't what it is but re-watching S1 felt so much energy and fun in them

It tried to do "muh deepest lore" when it's a show about a kid with his shape shifting dog friend

Great Mushroom War went from a little hidden thing in the background to a massive fleshed out even, Ice King went from a goofy parody of you basic "bad guy kidnapping the princess" trope to an Alzheimer's allegory to the reincarnation of an ancient super wizard, etc.

The writing

Went from Adventure time to relationship time

Creator gave his team too much freedom and didn't put his foot down when he was supposed to and effectively got walked all over on as his creation warped into something entirely different than what he planned

Chucked finn over every possible limit and no plot for a long time

7 seasons.
2 more on the way.
What went right?

You hate it and shit post it isn't the show's problem.

It was never good to begin with. I hated it since day one because it was clear it's a product for hipsters and it gave birth to loads of other insipid style over substance shows. There's just something incredibly whiny and tasteless about it that goes beyond its pathetic stickfigure artstyle and baby pastel colors. It was like watching cartoons die in front of you and revert back to their most primitive forms.

It was incredibly bland. I still don't understand why people liked it. I blame it for giving birth to a whole era of cheapness and memetic humor that we still struggle against. Merely seeing it conjures images of that adult baby fetishism and safe spaces. It and cartoons of that kind make me very uncomfortable on some basic level I can't really explain. Like they're infantilism of sorts, but in that depressed, sad way like the Teletubbies.

A reminder that if not for Adventure Time, we wold still be dealing with CN real till this day

fag

And Steven Universe stole its sugar

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

you are just butt hurt they got rid of CN Real

This. It was clever sometimes but none of the main characters were particularly funny or interesting outside of Ice King.

Also,

I never bothered to look up what Pen looked like

Why are cartoon creators universally weird looking people?

The project was spread out over many people, who all got a lot of freedom including doing less silly stuff. This creates three issues

Not all those ideas are as good as each other, bee rape
Each idea has to be able to fit with every which way the writers are pulling the characters, Jake has kids but they just sort of disappear until someone wants to write about one
Real change is difficult to happen leading to lame conclusions that piss off people who liked a direction, any relationship drama

People saw it as a launching platform like for Jewboy Sucrose. Thus they were more concerned with showing off than actually making the show good, which is why we get a lot of side character has sad backstory cause they don't see Finn or Jake as that interesting but want to create their own.

>Why are cartoon creators universally weird looking people?

Because those are the only people willing to waste their time with animation
All the attractive people go to live-action where they get paid more for less work

The people here whining about how it was never good are stupid. Most people thought it was charming and fun, they are the direct minority vocalizing themselves. Adventure Time came directly after the end of CN Real, which was abhorrent and copied Nickelodeons format like iCarly and etc. The fact that more and more cartoons came in to fill the void left by CN Real was a great thing, and the fact that we got Adventure Time at that moment when it was a simple, fun going adventure of a boy and his best dog bro was more than enough to cater to the masses. It blew up in popularity because it handled itself well relative to cartoons. Yes, it brought an onslaught of terrible stylized horseshit afterward, yes, the plots and story deteriorated when they went for 'deapest lour" and retarded half sense philosophical plots. But the show was good for the majority in the beginning. To say it was never good is from the words of neckbeards and adults who watch cartoons with spite.

I feel as if that last paragraph rings true the most. People are more concerned with getting brownie points from the fandom and trying to branch off like Sugar did at this point.

You should really get a trip.

You show up in every thread criticizing AT writing these long winded posts about how it doesn't suck complete ass. You're painfully transparent.

breh I actually criticize Adventure Time now for being such complete dog shit than what it once was. You got the wrong user and I know exactly who you're talking about. He's retarded and excuses the creators of the show all the time, which I didn't even do in that post.

I can understand why you think that post was him though.

>The fact that more and more cartoons came in to fill the void left by CN Real was a great thing,

This is 100% true but the flip side is there is another minority that praised AT Gumball etc as nectar from the heavens and have kept up that trend with newer CN cartoons as well resulting in over-hyping them into oblivion because they had a modicum of continuity and character development as the unfortunate "SO DEEP" argument.

Not to mention we live in an era where we can directly talk to these people via social media and thus inflate their egos to maximum. Rebecca Sugar is fine talent wise but people bowing to her on Twitter because she made an ok cartoon leads to this/ She's just the exa,ple I used.

The flipside to this is we get cool moments like the staff of Titmouse coming to our livestreams and watching Motor City with us.

It's a blessing and a curse

You can't blame stupid people latching onto something because it's new and cool. You can blame the showrunners for appealing to them directly much later in the shows run though

It's like Star Wars, it already appeals to everyone so the social changes they're making in the new trilogy make no sense other than to pander to a wider world view of "look how progressive we are!" It's sad.

Yeah, pretty much. I suppose the blessing is we'd have to have gone to a con or emailed them somehow to get in contact beforehand. Now we can just @ on websites and engage in conversation. There's a lot of dick sucking, but I'd still take this as a win because we get lots more interaction with voice actors like Grey Delisle. :^)

LOOK AT HIM!

WHAT DO YOU THINK WENT WRONG?!

I should really filter you.

Stop making fun of my manbaby. He wasn't even most of the problem with what happened. You can blame the ones who took over for the majority of the shit we have.

It's funny how AT now is quite clearly the direction SU is heading

What is it with these Calart types and the inability to keep a plot focused/engaging?

Once they get their niche audience that loves everything they spit out, they don't have to try anymore

Man, Daniel Bryan got fat.

He stopped caring and quit production

Bullshit

>What went wrong?

CN Real got canceled

CN Teal was shit user.

*Real

Interesting buildups with lackluster payoffs.