Late night storytime of: The Prowler #1

Hey there kids, The Prowler has an ongoing again! Except his first arc is a Clone Conspiracy tie-in! How long this series will go, no one knows~!

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/San_Francisco
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Seriously though, How long do you guys give this?

No idea who the fuck Prowler is, but I like that design.

Basically an inventor who got inspired to build his own suit after seeing Stilt Man. While he was fighting Daredevil.

Hey look, some old C-List friends.

That's pretty neat, and I'm on board. I take it he's not so popular?

>How long this series will go, no one knows~!

Be honest though, how many of you remember Mirage, Montana, and Kangaroo?

AND THEY'RE ALL CLONES

AND MADAME WEB IS A CLONE

AND THE MAIN CHARACTER OF THIS BOOK IS A CLONE

BRAVO DAN SLOTT, YOU KILLED ANY INTEREST IN THIS BOOK ANYONE COULD HAVE HAD

Eeh It's the whole first ever issue tieing into an event that get's me a little worried. And Prowler is a B, Maybe C-list vigilante that has me worried. He did have a limited ongoing though.

Well ain't this just a son of a bitch.

Is this dude playing Prowler? Seems less than genuine.

Well Jackal is known to have a streak. Especially when it comes to betrayal so most likely.

yeah, I was more interested in picking it up before Slott did that dumb clone twist.

That window/panel thing is pretty neat.

The art is pretty good, why is it being wasted on a book that's never gonna sell

you realize this book wouldn't even exist without Clone Conspiracy, right?

4 issues.

And that is all.

Spider-Man's black friend.
Ha ha! Visual metaphors.

Thanks OP.
That was better than I expected. I hated Ryan on Nova, but this was pretty enjoyable.

It will be retconned into a 5 issue tie-in miniseries

Jack'o Lantern, Massacre, Montana, Tarantula
Who are the 2 others?

i dont really like the new look, i used to like the old suit becuse it was all raggi and shitty it really fitted the shitty life prowler had, i dunno, but my dad only brought me prowler and piderman comics back in the day

The writing was okay and I liked the art, but like said, it's hard to care now that they're all clones. Thanks, OP. Also, fuck Slott for killing of Max and replacing him with this cunt .

Pity bump.

Hoping it lasts at least as long as spiderwoman, which started basically the same way. Prefer Hobie to Jessica.

>Boomerang did kill the real mirage

I mean we knew he did but it makes it a bit funnier

Really, I'd be content with this as a single-trade mini. It's enough for me that Hobie's getting any spotlight at all.

I love bootleg spider-man. This was pretty good, although the art seemed a little inconsistent. The first pages with the van were really good, then it lost a lot of detail.

They brought back Montana? I hope we get the other two back as well.

How fucked is she when Max comes back to life?

I'd like to say completely fucked, but I think it's more likely that either he'll forgive her and they'll become partners or she'll somehow beat him.

>it's already connected to Slott's shitty clone event

Fuck, and I was liking it up until now.

>All I know is
>I have no idea what I'm doing
OK a No Prize to whoever first posts these as reaction images.

Wait, when did Prowler become a mercenar?

I like how Mirage dying and coming back is just a running joke at this point

So it's clear Jackal is Kaine, right?

>this man killed me so when brought back I'll dedicate my life to looking like him
why?

>its already connected to its entire reason for existing
wew lad, you're a bright one aint ya?

Is there any way this art team will be consistent? How long before the first fill in?

He's the villain. Of course he's playin Hobie.

the fuck you on about son

I mean, I didn't hate the issue or anything... but fuck, pretty much nothing happened in this.

Gotta say, the art is great, though.

>she'll somehow beat him.
...and then Max teams up with Spidey and becomes a good guy?

The Spectacular Spider-Man #169-170 is when first teams up with Wild Pack. He does some odd jobs with them through the 90's Clone Saga.

Its the popular fan theory. Keep up.

First off, Its PAINFULLY obvious that NuJackal is actually a Peter Parker clone.

But the theory goes as such: Kaine comes back in the next issue of ASM. He encounters Carrion again in ASM #23. Likely doesn't have his The Other powers anymore because of the Web of Life fuckery from Spider-Verse (just like how Silk's powers are all wonky now).... gets infected by the Carrion virus, which activates some latent Jackal programming.

Also, NuJackal wears a scarlet red suit.... you know, like Kaine's Scarlet Spider costume.

The original Prowler was killed by a female Electro to make this clone book? How fucking pointless.

>The original Prowler was killed by a female Electro to make this clone book?

You haven't actually been reading Spider-Man lately, have you?

Fuck no, just poking my head in to see how bad things have gotten with Slott.

Is that a Ross cover? Doesn't look very good, should've drawn muscle definition on Scarlet's chest

thats a dumb theory desu

Its a completely logical theory when you're dealing with a Slott written story.

>its slott so my stupid theory is fan

>fan
Do you even english, friend?

no

Is that Jason Macendale Jack or the new Jack from Venom?

Wait a second. Isn't the original Jack o Lantern dead? Unless he's another brainwashed average Joe like in agent venom, but that was a different Jack. Right?

I really don't see the damn problem with clones. It's literally the same person in a new, identical to the old body.

who the fuck thought people would want to read about Prowler?

Pretty sure that it's Macendale

No, see, this is a clone of the Prowler, and therefore compelling, because everyone loves clones.

Most likely Macendale, since Punisher killed him back in the first Civil War. Pretty sure new Jack O is still running around somewhere.

He's a clone.

Might as well just say:
>I'm a complete and utter casual newfag who has never read any Spider-Man related comic in my life.

I mean, I would want to read about Prowler. But not in a clone story.

Oh.

That's cool I guess. Although I don't know how there's any of him left after tusslin with Ghost Rider.

I wonder if he'll go try to get revenge on Roderick Kingsley and become Hobgoblin instead.

Wasn't that a different guy entirely? Macendale was killed by Kingsley while he was stuck in jail.

Did they ever reveal the origin of the Jack in Venom? If so, in what issue?

The whole event is about Jackal cloning dead people, like all storylines involving Jackal.

>Wasn't that a different guy entirely? Macendale was killed by Kingsley while he was stuck in jail.

You're correct. I was misremembering. I just looked the Jack O in Civil War was Steven Levins, not Macendale.

Yeah, I thought this was going to be about Hobbie passing the torch, then I would evaluate the new guy over a few issues. Fuck this clone shit.

>Did they ever reveal the origin of the Jack in Venom? If so, in what issue?

In issue 11/12 iirc. It''s included in the circle of four trade. Jack is one of the best parts of that series, if you've not read it I'd highly recommend it.

I've read it and loved it, new Jack included, I just don't remember them giving him an origin.

Sadly, my computer fritzed out yesterday, or I'd go check that right now.

San Francisco has other superheroes?

>THE CLONE CONSPIRACY WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT SPIDER-MAN

Yeah, to shit. THANKS SLOTT!

Yeah...

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/San_Francisco

Oh, my only exposure to the clone stuff was some episodes of the 90s cartoon. All I know about the clone saga is that's infamously not good.

Best Scarlet Spider costume tho.

Sweet. Both versions of Jack are awesome.

Sounds awful enough that it's probably the most likely outcome. Sucks, I loved Kaine as Scarlet Spider.

So Murderclop's X-men and that's it?

That's not a ringing endorsement.

Wait a second, Mirage died again? When? Last I remember he was alive in Spectacular Foes.

For that matter, when did Montana, Kangaroo, etc die?

Will get a boost because of Clone Conspiracy but may end up around Spider-Woman's sales afterwards. A shame really because the art looks nice but I'm not sold on the Clone Conspiracy shit.

It has a high probability of being pretty accurate. Already a buttload of clues supporting it.

Plus, its Slott. Who thrives off of pissing off his readership to generate buzz. That would tick off a lot of people.

>All I know about the clone saga is that's infamously not good.

Most of it sucks. But contained within are some genuinely excellent stories, though. Some real diamonds in the rough.

I'd argue that ASM #400 is one of the best Spider-Man stories of all time, for example. That was part of the Clone Saga.

Both Ben Reilly and Kaine were consistently awesome, too.

Prowler isnt a clone????

>gets webbed up
>by someone who's hacking into Nu-U's systems to find out what's going on

So that's Peter standing in front of him, isn't it...

Wtf why is he a clone???? He is already alive from contest of champions

Read a comic, faggot.