What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SoqhDHte1Y8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i wish there were more batmanxbatgirl scenes

Fuck off, Timm.

Majority of redesigns were fucking terrible - only Batgirl and Bane really benefited from them, the rest of the characters degraded. I like the original artstyle much more.
Also, I don't like the Batfamily, and I did not like their inclusion in the series. Sure, Robin was present in BTAS sometimes, but in the new series Batman had two sidekicks with him in every fucking episode. If they had to include all three in the series, why not keep only one sidekick with Batman in the majority of the episodes? Sometimes Tim, sometimes Nightwing, sometimes Barbara.

As far as going stylized, nothing. They were good and served as the foundation for more refined designs in the following Timmverse shows. Now you're not going to get that fluid animation like with when Clayface lost control of his morphs but the new animation is still solid. Also, best Scarecrow design.

As for writing, nothing. There were some duds in terms of episodes but there were still some great ones and having it paired with Superman was smart and honestly helped that show get the attention it needed. Let's not pretend the original show was flawless.

Solid series just like its predecessor.

No Dami .

Pretty much every episode was Batman working with someone. Robin/Batgirl/Nightwing. Heck he teamed up with Catwoman in one. No episodes of Batman alone fighting criminals. While BTAS had these episodes as well, many episodes were just Bats vs the bad guy. Much more personal and dramatic IMO.

TNBA didn't have an episode with a more personal, dramatic story like "Never Too Late", and it was all the worse for it.

Batman is more of an asshole than he is in Batman the animated series.

They thought it was a good idea to give Joker an oversimplified design

No Riddler episodes.

Yeah, I liked this show, the only thing I would change was Tim Drake being Jason Todd.

This. Homeboy went full aspergers and ceased to be likeable at all.

The redesigns were to cut production costs, not just for the sake of it.

i liked it

OP, go suck a sack of dicks

I loved this show, just wanted more Catwoman episodes, I liked that they made Catman into the leader of a religious Cat Cult.

i thought they were done to match Superman TAS?

It's both.

Superman definitely had a higher budget than TNBA

I loved it, and just like TAS, it had it's ups and downs. Despite everything, I don't really think of it as anything but another season of TAS.

Am I the only one that actually prefers the redesigns? They looked nicer and sleeker imo

Made them easier to draw when I was little

this always gets me in the feels

youtube.com/watch?v=SoqhDHte1Y8

Nothing. It was great. Probably an even better good-to-bad episode ratio than the original run. People just got triggered by the new aesthetics because, surprise, people who grow up and still watch cartoons are generally childish and superficial about things.