Why did Rose do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hLAQcbCvCqc?t=213
youtube.com/watch?v=0jD7tHmC1MU
youtube.com/watch?v=CWILhrSzw5o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>hey the earth is pretty cool look at all this life XD
>stop killing yous guys :(
>look I can turn gems into rocks for ever but I'm not going to do that cause you hurt my feelings ;_;
>I smashed your leader so go away now D:

Nothing wrong.

So that the Crystal Gems could live and be free, of course. Didn't you watch the show?

Why won't Rose do me?

Why did Rose only save three of her followers? Why is she so awful at the whole leader of the rebellion thing?

She really disliked Bayonetta, and felt it was one of the weaker Platinum titles. Having to look at Oink Diamond all the time was driving her crazy.

I mean, she was gonna shatter a bitch anyway to free the Earth from being hollowed out, but this just means she enjoyed it a little.

>an entire war
>only 4 people on your side survived
>"winning"

what choice did she have?
bubbling? ineffective according to the writers
prison? you would need to devote possibly dozens of able bodied gems to ensure she doesnt escape
repentance? the diamonds see themeselves as "good" and is about as likely to see themselves as wrong as the heroes are

>bubbling? ineffective according to the writers
What? Also, isn't it the same as being imprisoned?

i dont have the link
but when asked why they didnt bubble pink diamond they said something to the effect of
>bubble a diamond?haha

>Pink was the youngest of the Diamonds
>Earth was the first colony that she got to manage all by herself
>Some stupid subordinate got too enamored with the local fauna and grinds her to dust

No wonder YD wanted to destroy the place

Wasn't it Matt "The Liar" Burnett who claimed it?

>Rose only "won" because she annoyed the diamonds long enough that they didn't feel like Earth was worth it

>Why did Rose only save two of her followers?

Unless you count Ruby and Sapphire as separate Crystal Gems.

Or include Bismuth as 'saved'.

Those were the only ones who fit inside her force field.

>said subordinate later goes full furry

Grew too relax around that yiffer.

>murdering someone's sister
>only sort of bothering them

I have more respect for furries than anyone who would copulate with Greg

>Pink Diamond has a fanbase and waifuposters even though we haven't even gotten a flashback scene of her yet
Goddammit, people. Waifuism was a mistake.

>"wow out sis was a puss puss, couldn't even defend herself"
>"fuck lets just leave, it was pinkys idea to come here anyway"
>"yeah fuck earth"

to be fair at the time the time he was a prettyboy musician

>"yeah fuck this gay earth"
You had one job.

it's easy to predict what she's going to be like though

obviously she's going to be at least somewhat sympathetic or else the whole Rose shattering thing wouldn't have been such a big deal

Probably a bit naive too, maybe Rose just asked to speak to her and then broke her right there in her own throne room

>Cries and sings about it
>Results in mineral holocaust.

>Pretends they could resist the Murdercock

Yeah, sure.

>we haven't even gotten a flashback scene of her yet

I really thought it was legit.

...Could be true. The wails of a diamond inducing madness in gems.

The corruption was caused by a song/noise

Rose did it to liberate the proletariat, Garnet said so

>All these edgelords

if thats the reason than she failed miserably

if she did it to save life on Earth she still almost failed, if it wasn't for Steven always being really nice to everyone no one on the planet would have realized that there's a giant millenia-old bomb inside it just waiting to go off

>not recognizing a superior species when you see them
>actually subscribing to HOOMANS FUCK YEAH

>Superior species
>Literally developmentally challenged
>Leaders are too stupid to exploit a vulnerable planet because MUH EMOTIONS

the whole lot of them need to be Murdercock'd.

Until Peridot started looking at a cluster's growth no one even knew any survived
They had no reason to to stay because the goal was to destroy the mud ball out of spite and experimentation of a new super weapon
However this begs the question how stupid homeworld is if after losing two shuttles, 5 rubies, 1 jasper and 1 Peridot defecting that they don't make a more serious response to what's going on with Earth.

Yes, I know. It sounded like YD's theme.

youtu.be/hLAQcbCvCqc?t=213

youtube.com/watch?v=0jD7tHmC1MU

So basically... Steven was born...

youtube.com/watch?v=CWILhrSzw5o

>superior
>they lost

Youre basically a neo nazi user

>All of humanity and gemanity subsumed into a glorious new race of hybrids

Well... I guess the question is: just how short are they of manpower?

>just how short are they of manpower?
Peridot implies manpower is there just not as powerful as before, that said I'm lost how they can't just use ships like the had that have a on board laser and just cook the planet. Creators already stupidly stated no major wars nor nuclear weapons were made in their world so it's not like earth defense is an issue

It doesn't take a lot of imagination...

>how stupid homeworld is if after losing two shuttles, 5 rubies, 1 jasper and 1 Peridot defecting that they don't make a more serious response to what's going on with Earth.
There are more pressing matters to attend to most likely. It's not like the entire universe revolves around what is happening on Earth.

Why cook the planet when there's a Cluster in making?

>actually subscribing to HOOMANS FUCK YEAH

Gems are more humanity fuck yeah than humanity in this series. Humans are the blue indians analogue, if anything.

See back in season 1 I agree with you but the writers are starting to look rather dull in their approaches, I wouldn't bat an eye if they have no issues going on outside of the greed of expanding and nothing else.
The writing has dived since mid season 2

long live the king

Counter-argument. Why would the CGs know or would care to know about what is happening on Homeworld?

This would be a well worth plot twist if it could work but it can't
They have painted Rose to well for a dictator in disguise, the Bismuth 2 parter made sure that twist could never work.

Well... if Homeworld decides to turn its full attention on Earth, if even for a little while, to secure its interests there, the planet is fucked.

They lost against themselves tho

Rose kept many secrets, even from us

Maybe she changed.

...Let's face it, we understand very little about gem psychology. Going by 'Babysitter Greg' Rose may well have been the Crystal Gem with least situational awareness.

>TFW Pearl was actually the smart one in that relationship

That's why the CGs are trying the best they can to hide from or otherwise misdirect everything HW sends after them. Though right now the CGs are failing miserably at it.

They did to a point that much is shown in season 1, however it was also made clear they were hiding and with no knowledge of the Cluster they had no reason to risk exposing themselves to the Homeworld we see that as much in the episode of Peridot's appearance, they get completely frighten at the idea of being caught and smash the warp pad, this follows into the episode where the drones do remote work for Peridot and Crystal Gems hid from her monitor.
Homeworld at the start doesn't have this issue for a several reasons, biggest being the fact they just want the cluster to wake up, however as my old point after losing 7+ of your own soldiers and 2 ships as well as never seeing the cluster wake up this should lead to a much larger response to a planet you basically wipe out with some sort of fusion song.

They probably will, remember gems move on a pretty slow timeline their response will probably be delayed, but it will be heavy when it comes.

We're still in a wait for that response desu

I'm not sure what you are asking then. Your counter question was about the CGs "Why would the CGs know or would care to know about what is happening on Homeworld?" I answered it.

You mean the writers.They are not that slow, there was an episode between Peridot appearance with smashed warp pads and then sending drones for her, less then 5 episodes later they send a shuttle after that to deal with the Cluster and to deal with those that interfere with it. After that it's over 20 episodes later and all is sent is Rubies to deal with Jasper even though Yellow Diamond knows the cluster project was compromised when the lead engineer on it says "no I won't do it"

It's a fun show but it's right up their with 80's cartoon plots of inconsistency.

>One more such victory and we are done for.

But then there is a question if HW sees Earth a really all that imporant in the grand scheme of things, besides sentimental value. Maybe the Crystal Gems aren't really that important these days. Maybe it's only YD who's still anal about Earth after all these years.

Im still on the fence about Rose killing Pink Diamond.

There was a thread a while ago that came up with some pretty interesting theories on it, like PD killed by WD.
The mural in the temple shows Rose using a pink gem to fend off what looks like White Diamond, and there's a theory that only another diamond can kill a diamond...

It just make me anxious

That's my point however
She was willing to send a worker there
When issues happen she was willing to send a weaponized ship with a veteran warrior captain with said worker in less than a week in world time to deal with the issue. After she lost contact it's months later in world time her engineer calls back and basically goes "no to cluster I quit" and then it's weeks to months after that she sends a bunch of rubies to pick up commander and now two months later still hasn't sent anyone or anything to check it out?
That's where this shows flaws shine is its lack of pacing.

I don't think it's wise to build a fan theory off another fan theory

I agree that pacing is one of the weakest points of SU, but hadn't it been like a couple of days between Message Recieved and Barn Mates?

But that's just a theory...

You mean why did Pink Diamond body swap with Rose and then shatter the gem that used to be her own? Guess we'll have to wait and find out

That's how most successful revolutions go. The American Revolution, for example.

Her shield was really small and the Diamonds decided to just GTFO and nuke the planet from orbit.

Pinky was going to destroy the Earth. Nothing is unjustified in defending Earth. She had to die.

That is pretty fucked up, given the fact that bubbling is a thing there's really no need to ever shatter except to save time in the thick of it

>She was going to destroy the planet
>There was no way to mover her to Rose's side since the diamonds can already do anything they want unlike their drones
>It would show lesser gems that the dimonds aren't all powerful gods they're made out to be
>Too many gems are way too obsessed with their diamond and would never allow themselves to be liberated if she was still alive
Revolutions generally don't spare the enemy leaders, it only leads to problems

This is my headcanon
>Earth was a Diamond biological preserve
>Pink Diamond governed Earth
>Pink Diamond created and taught Rose Quartz about the beauty of Earth
>resources began to run low
>Homeworld ordered Pink Diamond to turn Earth into a stage 2 colony
>Pink Diamond grudgingly did so out of duty to Homeworld
>her right hand gem and best friend Rose Quartz started a rebellion and ultimately killed PD

I like it when the villain is understandable and not simply a mustache twirler. Destroying a planet is extra mustache twirly so you've got to go the extra mile to make them likable.

So the Diamonds aren't ordinary gems and there's no reason why they should be treated as such?

she was a tyrannical monster who was gonna wipe out all life as we understand it and destroy the planet
you're all letting waifuism get out of control for a character you've never even fucking seen

>tyranical monster
>chatacter we've never ever seen
Nice assumptions there, friendo.

It's not "waifuism". It's the desire for a villain with relatable motives.

NEW EPISODES FUCKING WHEN?

Thanksgiving.

Yeah and Abraham Lincoln went to war to free the niggers right?

If you defeat a thousand enemy soldiers and bubble all of them, then if they're ever freed or escape you have to fight another thousand enemy soldiers you wouldn't have to otherwise.

>killing one of the 4 most powerful individuals on the enemy side
>make them inmediately run back to their HQ
>achieve complete landmass control

>what is a pyrrhic victory

>not subscribing to HOOMANS FUCK YEAH

Spotted the fag

So was the corrupting light from space the aftershock of Pink Diamond shattering or do you think it was Homeworld retaliating after Pink Diamond was shattered?

He has the curly hair and pouty lips...

More like spotted the xeno or xeno fucker.

I'll never understand human haters. Humanity is great.

It seems that way.

Why else would she? To preserve the political union of Earth and Homeworld? What motivation would Rose have to turn against her own people? And how would sacrificing her own life by humping a plains ape figure into that?

We don't know that humans are fuck yeah. We don't really have anything to compare ourselves to.

"What? It took you almost three thousand years after the practical application of iron to build practical space craft? Great Rao... I mean, well done, well done..."

>Humanity is great.

Not hating on my own species, but 'great'? Compared to whom or what?

Compared to everything known in the universe.

In practice, that means 'nothing' in our category.

Gem kind at least.

That's a race made up of a bunch of infantile slaves and their trio(?) of immature despotic sociopathic leaders atop the pyramid.

What are you even trying to say?

Yellow Diamond looked like she was busy when Peridot called, and gems are immortal so they probably measure time differently. YD probably has to get through a lot of paperwork and red tape before the Earth issue rolls back around.

At least, I hope that's what's going on. Because if it isn't then she's just straight incompetent.

Boy, that would just be the cherry on the shit sundae, wouldn't it? Sugar hypes us up like Homeworld is some big threat, and then it turns out that the space giraffe not only looks stupid but she's a damn moron to boot? I think that would be it for me, guys.

>pyrrhic victory

Until you realize that, if they had the time to launch the fuck-you-beam that corrupted every gem on Earth, they could have used that time to blast the entire planet into debris. The only reason they didn't do that was that they had planted the Cluster.
The CGs won the battle, but the Diamonds are still playing the long game.

>When did Rose do it?
>Where did Rose do it?
>How did Rose do it?

I'm pretty interested in these questions. I feel like "why" is less important in the grand scheme of the rebellion. Pink Diamond was a Diamond and the de facto ruler of Earth, so she inevitably had to fall or return to HW disgraced.

That 'Humanity fuck yeah' is irrational.

...How is humanity better? At least the gems know what they are FOR.

The whole Humanity Fuck Yeah thing is cringe because it's basically a person making a contest where practically he is the one and only contestant and all the other contestant names were made up by him.

The whole thing is a reactionary movement to fiction where humans are portrayed as "inferior" to other fictional species.

Now user, the worst Gem we saw in the show was a space dictator that wanted to destroy an entire planet because it triggered her.
The worst human we saw in the show asked a girl to dance.

Which one is the worst?

Obviously the latter. He didn't pay for the car wash services.

Hold up. Ronaldo was ready to feed Lars to what he had to assume was a murderous ghost. Doesn't that make him worse than some rich douchebag?

>Superior species
>Got BTFO by a handful of rebels that were outnumbered and outgunned.
>humans weren't even there to witness the invasion
Lol, gems are bottom tier when it comes to hostile invaders. Even irkens a better job invading planets with aliens that have tech on their level.

Nobody takes Ronaldo seriously. Also, Pearl watching Steven fall to his death is enough to surpass that.

>Superior species
>Got BTFO by a handful of rebels that were outnumbered and outgunned.
>Lol, gems are bottom tier when it comes to hostile invaders.

I could make a Vietnam joke here, but those aren't trendy anymore.

comparing the age-old commander of an intergalactic race to a 2 dimensional plot device is a bit much

>Bismuth has left the library