Webcomics thread!

So Sup Forums I only visit here rarely and today I have come seeking your advice and wisdom! I have a tendency to binge read and this has left me caught up with all my usual manga and webcomics, so I'm here to ask what YOU (you) like! What would you recommend?

And general discussion of webcomics. Please keep it civil, we're not here to dispute peoples taste, just share our own.

Other urls found in this thread:

paigf.thecomicseries.com/
skindeepcomic.com/
peteristhewolf.com/
blacktapestries.keenspace.com/d/20020711.html
imew.katbox.net/comic/imew/
alphaluna.net/issue-1/cover/
paradigmshiftmanga.com/ps/part-one-equilibrium.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Have you read unsounded?

Consider A Redtail's Dream. It is finished, fairly long, and very GOOD.

I have! It's up there in my list of current Webcomics. It's a shame it updates slowly, but the art makes the wait worth it.
I have not. I will check it out and add it to the backburner.

Recently went through a top 100 list of Webcomics and checked them all out, added like 10 to my bookmarks by the end. SITM and GRRL power were surprisingly good for ones I'd never heard of.

Also the OP image is of a Yinglet, from Out of Placers.

Other than Unsounded, K6BD and Endtown, I really find it hard to like anything else.
I liked Powernap, and Gone with the Blastwave, but I don't even know if they update anymore.

K6BD and Powernap are pretty damn good, I really hope Powernap gets back it's momentum. But I feel like it's gonna be a dead project or end up updating twice a year.

So, have you read The Guns of Shadow Valley? It's finished, so it's good for binge reading. Also since you appreciate good art, you might like this one.

Ooooh~ that's a new one. Also really fancy on the artwork, I love the stained parchment pages for chapter notes. Added to the binge-list.

megatokyo

Unsounded

Holy fuck that's a name I haven't seen in years, I don't even remember what it's about... all I know is I enjoyed it when I was in my teens somewhat.
One day we'll find out what she is. ONE DAY. I swear, she's one of the few young female characters I'm UNABLE to sexualize, along with Arale.

....So... Megatokyos art HAS improved in 16 years, but it's also become more difficult to understand what's going on in the panels. Too many lines and clutter, the early work was misproportioned but at least the simplicity kept it understandable.

The crazy action faces are hilarious. Unleash the fury Mitch!

Really gotta appreciate the faces. They're sufficiently over the top and hilarious, but they're still possible within the characters face. Reminds me of Paranatural and Ed, although he uses magic ink to make his faces possible.

Well, here's what I have bookmarked.

-freefall
-Darths & Droids
-Manly Guys Doing Manly Things
-AWKWARD ZOMBIE
-Harpy Gee
-Poppy O'Possom
-Paranatural
-Kill Six Billion Demons
-Camp Weedonwantcha
-Cassiopeia Quinn
-The Adventures of Dr. McNinja
-Whomp!
-Oglaf
-The Monster Under the Bed
-Magical Girl Neil
-The Lovely Ladybug
-Out of Placers
-Chaos in the Tropics
-PREQUEL
-Dragon's Burn
-Nedroid
-Camp Sherwood
-ShapeShifter
-Skadi

Some of them I wonder why I keep bookmarked.

Zebra girl, good wedcomic but i have to point that it has a fucking weird star, so much that one can see that its author had no idea what was he doing

Man, that's some bipolar list. Although it's nice to see another Out of Placers fan, I don't even know how I picked up it and Dragon's Burn, but I really dig them.
Damn, the art in that image's kinda cool and I could see myself trying it.... as long as I can get my mind to stop associating the rabbit with Jack.

Both of those I picked up because I saw them discussed around here a lot.

I'm not sure why I continue to read Dragon's Burn though.

WHOMP! is hilarious, and Lackadaisy is one of the best webcomics out there if you can handle having to wait upwards of three months in between pages.

>Some of them I wonder why I keep bookmarked.

i wonder why you keep PREQUEL bookmarked as well.

>chaos in the tropics
You mean that comic that went on hiatus in the middle of a fight scene and the creator no longer talks about it ever and has since moved on to a new waifu for him to creepily draw naked instead of Kiki?

I don't browse Sup Forums enough to have got them from here. I think I got Dragon's Burn from linkings through Prequel and I saw OOPs on /tg/ I think.

And you definitely continue Dragon's Burn for the same reason I do, genuine curiosity of where the hell the story is going. Like seriously, give us a hint.
WHOMP! is great, Ronnie is going places in life. Like the basement of a discount food store. Lackadaisy is another gem I enjoyed, but that update time killed it for me. With things like that I leave them to ferment for a couple years and then binge re-read.

I enjoyed commander kitty. then I caught up.
I enjoyed lackadaisy. then I caught up.
I (don't ask) read and enjoyed house of orr. pretty fun read. then I caught up. last update was february last year.

it's as if the only way for me to plausibly have fun reading a webcomic is for it to either have ended by the time I find it (as was the case with Bear and Tiger) or have some really long backlog of strips to sit through (like gunnerkrigg or KSBD). otherwise I drop it entirely if the story does nothing for me or continue reading in a 'no fucking way I'll drop it THIS far on' regardless of whether I enjoy it or not.

am I the only one?

I feel you. It's classic binge-reader. You gotta soak it all up at once. Thanks for reminding me to binge House of Orr. Given that a wide berth to steep.

And man, Gunnerkrigg has so much content and I just want to read it, but last time I tried I got to the point where they were suddenly at sea for school and it made no sense and my brain had had enough of the shenanigans.

my afro-american brethren, bear and tiger was comfy as fuck to read.

I wished there was something else to it, though.

I wished Scotty got more time and money to work on CK. that new Tom and Jerry show doesn't do it for him it seems.

You're a day late since the OOP thread for the latest page hit bump limit and fell off the board yesterday or the day before.

Sometimes I ask him about it when he shows up in Psu's weeknight drawing streams on picarto.

I know, I haven't even clicked on that one in months.

what are Sup Forums's thoughts on dreamkeepers?

sorry I don't have a pic to post alongside it, mainly wanted to ask since I never once saw there being a thread for it

I think it's okay in some parts, characters look kinda weird in design though. story on the main arc's still building up, don't know if the climax will pay up anytime soon.

I find the swearing to be incredibly jarring, 2bh it just feels kinda off

Dreamkeepers, the one based off that graphic novel series about magic furries by that couple? I think the webcomic is mediocre. The plot moves slowly, and focuses mostly on kids who do jack shit except talk and do shenannigans till plot unexpectedly happens. And when it does happen, it's slightly convoluted. Same to slightly lesser extent for the graphic novels.

Also, the authors have a weird hatred for modern society/bureaucracy/government that I can't figure out. It would make more sense if it were apparent what the alternative they desire is. They way things are show right now is that all of the Dreamkeeper society is highly dysfunctional for the sake of making the characters suffer. Their world is supposed to be a parallel to ours, so maybe that's the point? It's still annoying how there absolutely no good people outside of the ones obviously meant to join the "resistance"

prequel is enjoyable. the cease of censoring on the swearing feels awkward, and the predominance of it is even so.

actual graphic novels are a sludge in regards to pacing and tries way too hard to play off as this 'epic mature read' with unlikable characters that have close to no bearing in the world they inhabit to an extent, at least that's how I felt it. The world somehow feels disconnected entirely from what it was like in the prequel which is to be expected, but it just strikes me as poor. The story just drops you in the exact same environments you've become accustomed to, with the exact same characters you've become acknowledged with already (just a little older) alongside some literally who's, and the magic plot sort of kick-starts out of nowhere and boom, now they're fighting magic monsters, DEATH AND DESPERATION. enjoy the ride.

the new characters are CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL as fuck. there's this Shadow the Hedgehog-tier faggot who's apparently responsible for Paige's death and what do you know, he's edgier than a fucking D20 and wants the MC to fight the same creature who killed his friend at the beginning of the story by force. There's some resistance stand type of deal straight out of 343 going on, and Tinsel's even more of a cunt than before.

It's an incredibly mediocre read.

Habits and Meg Mogg Owl.

Both are dead, but comfy stories about life's failures and living on the fringe of society.

I go on comic rocket and collect links to comics im interested in for five years, I have a massive hoard of them, then I logged on one day to find them all gone.

The worst part is when you catch up and then things take a swerve in a bad direction. happened to me with paranatural, blaster nation, and this one comic about a girl traveling with an enchanted bull.. actually that one turned to shit JUST before I caught up. fucking pronoun shit started happening

- Awful Hospital
- My life at war
- Thorsby's assorted comics
- Sleepless domain

I still like Faux Pas. It's difficult for most people to follow, since each update is in a three-panel newspaper strip format. They often don't have punchlines or jokes in them, as it's story heavy and one strip leads into the next.

It currently has just shy of 2,000 strips. It's been updating since 2001.

eh? don't most animals have a specific mating season? I thought cows pretty much told bulls to go fuck themselves until that one time of year

All the ones listed mate year-round.

The rabbit does not know much.

what the fuck is with that cow behavior then. are they just bitches?

Beats me. I'm not a zoologist.

Cows are polyestrous. So they do have an estrous cycle, but it recurs often (once or twice monthly in this case). Compare to foxes, which only have one breeding season annually.

Empowered.

I have lost even more respect for cows.

Already see a lot of stuff I read mentioned.

Order Of The Stick. Mainly D&D oriented humor, but you can enjoy it without knowing the game. The writer is a fan of the Wall'O'Text storytelling method, and the artwork is stick figures. Pretty much anything involving the lawyers is boring as fuck and can be skipped, and some of the running jokes aren't worth being running jokes, but overall the comic has decent humor and a serviceable plot. 5/10, worth a shot to see if you like it.

I never see Chopping Block get mentioned. The person behind it tends to vanish for periods of time with no updates, and hasn't made an update since Dec 2014 when he got a new job. Still, single panel gag comic about serial killer who dresses like Jason Vorhees with dark humor. First strip was in 2000, updated Monday to Friday in large sections, three times a week for a while, once a week for a while, and sporadic sections of random updates. Still, pretty large archive to binge through. 6/10, nothing amazing, but consistent quality and humor.

I know of more shitty webcomics but I wouldn't recommend reading them.

There was just a webcomic recommendation list yesterday or the day before, so I'll just copypaste my list from there.

Stand Still, Stay Silent (very good, same person made A Redtail's Dream as a practice run)
Blindsprings (pic related)
Scary Go Round / Bad Machinery / whatever by John Allison
Nedroid
Whomp
Perry Bible Fellowship
Hark! A Vagrant
The Meek
Power Nap
Endtown
The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal
Octopus Pie, if you like slice of life hipsters with a slash of magical realism
Captain Excelsior, (renamed Capt. Stupendous but Excelsior url) old but good
Gone With the Blastwave
Abominable Charles Christopher
You're All Just Jealous of My Jetpack (Tom Gauld, it's printed but has some online)

Shattered Starlight (former magical girl trying to rebuild life might be good, not sure yet)

I personally also like Hemlock a lot, though it hasn't updated in a year and might be abandoned (the creator posted just today that she's ultra busy with having graduated animation and getting actual jobs, so it might start to update on a page per year type basis, alas ;_;)

Also new additions for this message are:
Bouletcorp
Kill Six Billion Demons
Gunner
Camp Weedontwantcha
Necropolis (it already has a publishing deal with Image and casterman when it'll be completed, apparently, though the first page was posted may 2015)

Isn't The Meek dead forever or something? I thought she dropped that like a sack of bricks.

the "Gunner" stands for Gunnerkrigg court, but apparently I got distracted halfway writing the name, or whatever. I'm sorry, I haven't had my coffee today and am very, very tired

>Isn't The Meek dead forever
Yes, for a long time, but it recently miraculously returned from the dead and is updating again

>what YOU like
ErfWorld is my favorite webcomic. I love the writing.

Vattu's pretty good, but I can't stand reading individual updates, so every month or so I scan the most recent page to see if a scene has changed, and then go back and read it.
When I read individual updates I'm always left feeling wanting. It's so unsatisfying.

>What would you recommend?
That really depends on the person. Some people have no taste and can't appreciate good writing, instead only liking cheap emotional drama.

Whomp, Awkward Zombie, Nedroid, and Oglaf are deservedly very popular, with few detractors.

I just tried Kill Six Billion Demons. I'm out. It's easy for me to overlook things like intentionally putting in PoC characters {yeah. good job. yet the heroine is A FUCKING WHITE {FE}MALE!} but the heroine is just intolerable, switching from pathetic, meek, babbling idiot, to unreasonably domineering bitch. "Get off my ship"??? After being fucking rescued and having a ship acquired, she says that? I'm done. I'm so done. Fuck your bullshit. Bad enough it's literally a story of a generic weak Plebeian gaining the superpower of a god. Superpower stories are a bad bet. They're supposed to be analogies to the power that exists in real life through memetics, resulting in skills and social networks, and yet too often they're just fantasy wish-fulfillment. I'm getting too old and weak to have patience for this escapism.

what do you guys think of shadoweyes?

blindsprings' art got worse? that's.. unexpected. did the artist go study under DoubleFine?

You have some serious fuckin' hangups my dude.

don't feed the troll

any webcomics to satisfy my TF fetish?

The one in the OP, Out of Placers, has TF as a small but integral part of the plot.

quite a few actually

paigf.thecomicseries.com/
skindeepcomic.com/
peteristhewolf.com/ (NSFW)

blacktapestries.keenspace.com/d/20020711.html

thanks, any more? (is shadoweyes good?

imew.katbox.net/comic/imew/
alphaluna.net/issue-1/cover/
paradigmshiftmanga.com/ps/part-one-equilibrium.html

I think thats all i have for now

Fritz Fargo is good trashy gay romance in 80s Canada, and it does pretty good abusive relationship writing. Its about an asshole and the band he is sort of in.

The Sisters is an urban fantasy comic about three girls dealing with the fact that their Dad ran a Satanic cult and the fallout of that. Feels like the Dresden Files if Harry were an egotistical ginger bitch who gets called out all the time.

Jasper Gold is a good western with animal characters, has a unique style that lets it all work, and it understands what it is doing within the genre.

Suihira: The City of Water is like Avatar the Last Airbender meets Aladin. Pretty good stuff, but not super far along.

Steve Lichman is brilliant.

I like it, but it's definitely not for everyone. I love the art but the character design it's all over the place and the story has go that far to really say that something is happening, I find the creators pretty based tho. Give it a read and then decide for yourself, also, prequel it's ok too if you want a more comedic tone.

I don't see how they're a problem.
I don't think that would help enjoy it any more if I start reading Vattu with forgettable updates.
I already said I could overlook the PoC thing.
Are you getting personally offended because I don't worship cape shit?

I knew I shouldn't have brought up the PoC thing. You fucking pigs continue wallowing in shit. I wish I could get out of here.

metal gear bad guy isn't right, metal gear writer guy is wrong for writing him as wrong.

I've been into Poppy O'Possum and Scalie Schoolie for a while now, and I think I'm getting into Critter Coven.

I might be turning into a comfyfag, but the comics put a smile on my face no matter how hokey some the jokes can get.

>Jasper Gold
My nigga.

Stand Still, Stay Silent is bloody amazing.

Well, since I trust you so much, I'll believe what you say.

I think i remember you from another K6BD thread.
You had a really skewed definition of what a Mary Sue is.

>comfyfag
I don't blame ya. Comfy comics are great. Octopus pie was one of my favorite that fell under that category.

Here's a new one that just recently started. It was on a short hiatus due to the creator being busy with a convention. But I hear it'll begin updating again.

thanks again

What Nonsense is good but the pacing is slow and it's not helped by the sporadic updates.

I tried to get into it but I couldn't get past all the visual clutter and overall busy page design. Which seems strange? since I'm okay with KSBD at the same time.

on a unrelated note, I despise how everyone in the comments section (and the comic too to some extent) like to babble on about OMG LOOK AT THAT CUTE KITTY ISNT IT THE CUTEST OMG ^^ so fucking much. I mean it doesn't shove it into your face directly, like, ever, I just find it to be incredibly annoying. especially since I know a good bunch of cat lovers who are just like that too. they never shut up about their cats and how batshit insane they are over them.

West tree academy of heroes is a pretty good read. Has plenty of content too.

Spider Forest has a nice selection of comics. I have yet to read What Nonsense, but it looks promising from the art alone. Currently been reading Cosmic Dash. It's like Star Trek meets Futurama.

the majority of cat lovers are annoying cringe meisters, don't let that get to your generally view on the pets themselves through.

they're nothing special.

like you don't do that for something

what do you mean? I'm simply stating my opinion.

everybody gets embarrassing and cringey when certain things affect them that way. it's how we're programmed. unless you're some kinda robut

>Steve Lichman
Is there a place I can find it with the book strips posted? I don't have enough dosh to buy the $50 tier for the first and second volume for their new Kickstarter.

Maude is CUTE!

The cutest

the sexiest

Careful anons. Don't want the mods deleting this thread.

yeah no comics allowed on the comics board

he's talking about the cheesecake though...

that last one DOES have a bikini. wouldnt want to offend our muslim advertisers

straysonline.com
Main character is a qt reverse trap and a wifwolf,

widdershinscomic.com
Each chapter deals with different characters in a psudo victorian setting

I'm not 'offended' mate, I just kind of pity you. You sound like you've let some personal shit seriously tinge the lens through which you view fiction. You should maybe relax? Challenge yourself by thinking more deeply about what something says inside it's own narrative. But whatever man, I'm not here to talk you through correcting your low integrative complexity. You like Erfworld! Good for you, that's a good comic.

>You sound like you've let some personal shit seriously tinge the lens through which you view fiction.
let's face it, we're all like that. we just don't all let it cause us to spout off so much. but if you really think your lens isn't tinted, you're just as b- ... you're -also- bad.

Been into Sleepless Domain. It's basically a critical look on a society that depends on magical girls for survival.

that sounds neat and looks slightly less neat
what was it.. there was another comic I tried reading in the last year.. about magical girls.. one of them quite reluctant.. I can't remember much but it was messy and kawaii and i got bored with it over time

>I despise how everyone in the comments section (and the comic too to some extent) like to babble on about OMG LOOK AT THAT CUTE KITTY ISNT IT THE CUTEST OMG ^^ so fucking much.
Well the comic itself has a sort of reason for it, as supposedly cats are able to sense the trolls so it makes sense they'd be seen as good luck, but having spent some time in the comments last year I think it's just the communal fandom feel kicking into overdrive. They have drinking games and whatnot, and resident poets and stuff, and I felt the screeching about the cats is a sort of fandom meme. There definitely is/was a certain overexcitement that was just used to build the atmosphere. (I thought, at least)

It's true that a lot of cat owners seem to be sort of weirdly into cats and hyped about them though. And not their own cats but just CAAAATTSSSSS in general. As if they were literally these magical beings that walk the earth and grace us with their attention.

Reminds me of a similar one, Daisy Owl. Also dead. Been dead since 2010. But it has some good humor.

daisy owl isnt DEAD dead, it just ended. and the guy is doing other projects at least. fuck i love that comic.

Was? Isn't octopus pie still going on?

I wanna fuck the sexy rabbit

Zodiac Starforce?
How I Loathe Being a Magical Girl?
Magical Girl Neil?
Agents of the Realm?
Shattered Starlight?

It is, satan, but is apparently winding down.

Sure is Satan. But I kinda stopped reading after Hannah got dumped. I need to catch up.