/trek/

Gilf Crusher edition

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Fifty-Year-Mission-Generation-Uncensored-Unauthorized/dp/1250089468
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bajoran workers, your attention please.

>'CA̵U̡SE ͠I͞'V̵E G̷O̷T̸ F͡AITH̨ O̴F ́T̷H̡E ́HE͜EEA̸A̸AÀA͟R͜T͢,͢ ͡I'͝m going wh͠e͝re my ͟hea͞rt wi̡l͠l̢ ta̸ke̸ me̵, ̶I͢'͡V͝E͜ G̶OT̸ ͞FA͢I͡T͟H̢ ́TO͘ ͢BÉLIĮII͞I̛EE͜E̶E̡EEEVE,͞ ̵I c̀an͟ ̴do an̨yth̸įńģ, I'V͟E ĢOT̨ S̡TRENG͟T̷H ͝OF TH̨E ̀S̀OOOO̸OO͜O̧ŲUUUU̴U͝U͘U̕ÚU̴L,͡ ̛n͜o̴ ̛on͡e̷'s ̶gonna͡ ̀b͟e̶nd o͟r br͡eak ̕m͝e,͠ ͜I̡ C͞AN REA̛CH̷ ANY͡ ST͢AAAAAA̡AAAAAA̡R͡, ̵o͘h͟ ̷I'v̶ę ̸got f̢ait̨h́ ̨(I͢'v̡e ̀g̴ot I'v̀e ̴g͝ot͞ I'̡v͟é g̸ot͝)̢, I̸'ve ̵g͢ot͜ ́fai̸aìaia̷ia͠i̷t̕h̢, f͝a͡it̵h ̀of̡ ͜th͢e h̀eaęaear̶t̸!

*blocks my path*

It was worth it to post my second trek general.

My first was the enterprise destruction thread a couple days ago.

What are some essential Garak episodes? I watched DS9 back when I was young, and he and the Cardassians were my favourite part of it. I want to watch some after finishing TNG.

Just start the whole series from the beginning. Episode #2 or #3 (depending on if you're watching in production order or airdate order) is about Garak.

Thanks. I'll settle in for the long haul, hoping for Garak or any Cardassians each ep.

DS9 season 1 is kinda weak, but you have to power through it. The penultimate episode of season 1 (Duet) has the best Cardassian guest star of the whole series. Good luck.

Like above user said S1 is a bit weak but overall still stronger than TNG s1, and then it only gets better with each year. Plenty of Cardy shit in there.

Past Prologue
Duet
Cardassians

For some early season stuff

Fucking spoonheads.

>DS S1 is weak

What makes you say that? Sure, it had some rather inconsequential episodes (as had the followeing seasons) and most of the characters (apart from Odo, Quark and O'Brien) were basically still non-characters by the end of it.

But apart from that, there was already quite a lot of depth to it. Actually, the whole premise – difficult diplomatic relations, dealing with power vaccums, reconstruction, personal trauma, religous leaders basically providing a form of government – is really more relevant today than it was during the time the show first aired (with the real-life influences back then obviously ranging from the Iranian islamic revolution of 1979 to the fall of the Soviet Union) and they're not discussed in a naive or inconsequential manner but with a very realistic outlook.

While the later seasons were richer in plot, a lot of that depth unfortunately got lost.

I've always been annoyed by Troi. You know because her job was to state the obvious in many situations. But on a rewatch of TNG I'm like extra annoyed by realizing that Guinnan does a lot of the *real* counseling to the crew and she totally could have done the rest in the rare occasion that Troi does her job. It seems redundant in terms of the show to have two council/wise type characters. Why in the hell didn't they just delete Troi early on?

Hey, this actually looks good when you get rid of the shitty music.

I'm halfway through season 1 and I haven't seen her do any counseling at all.

>we want the chinese audience!

Holy fuck this show looks bad. I know JJ Trek movies get a lot of flak, but at least they visually look like updates of TOS. Bright and distinct uniforms and lots of light and minimalist interior design. STD just tosses that shit all out the window in an attempt to look like Mass Effect.

Also holy shit any time that Asian lady opens her mouth to speak. Jesus god make it stop.

Well, shit. looks like I lost the warp-effects compilation.

Any ideas for future threads? Think you might venture outside of the strictures of "generals" one day?

You know that Troi was basically supposed to be Tasha until very shortly before they started shooting.
Looks like, at some point, they had to decide which of the characters to kill off and Tasha obviously lost out to Troi.

I know about that, but it isn't a strictly "either/or" situation. They still could have written off Troi after killing Tasha. Literally all she does is dilute screentime from characters that aren't garbage.

Oh yeah. I'll probably do a "Star Trek V is kino" edition with pic related.

>think you might venture outside the strictures of generals
I've made lots of threads here. Just never done a general until a couple of days ago.

Note how they basically hang a lampshade on it in the final episode when Q accuses Picard of having listened to Troi's "pedantic psychobabble" for seven years.

troi is picards preemptive mutiny alarm. The most important job on the ship.

the initial sequence was actually rather promising... of course EVERYTHING about the movie took a real nosedive right afterwards.

Looking forward to it!

>I've made lots of threads here. Just never done a general until a couple of days ago.
Any non-general Star Trek threads? In any case, would you mind linking to the best threads you've made here? No homo, but I really like you and I really like your threads.

Agreed, although the movie is kino pretty much throughout.
I don't think I've ever made a non general Trek thread.
>would you mind linking to the best threads you've made here
I thought they got lost forever after they leave the archive. If there is a way to find old threads I've made I don't know about it.

Also
>I like you
Someones likes old Crusherposter, huh? Interesting.

wew this looks terrible. the JJ abrahams disease is spreading throughout hollywood

Alright lads, how would you have fixed VOY?

They should've given Seven a science uniform right from the start, they gave all the fucking terrorists uniforms.

I don't really find Gates attractive but the butthurt and memes left in the wake of posts about her is quality amusement.

>"we've got to write a frenchman that isn't captain picard.
>make him eat baguette and be a winemake.r"
thanks a lot burgers for this totally new insight on french culture.

siskos dad should have made hamburgers.

Don't forget The Wire

Or shrimp.
You can do a lot with shrimp.

What's the best episode of Voyager and why is it Course: Oblivion?

The camera work is pretty dynamic. A little overdone, but we'll see how the full episode pans out. Definitely JJ Trek visual direction, though.

this is something unironically I can cookup with blender

Everything looks like JewJew Abrahams now

Wow, these last several posts haven't been good at all! Can we get back to earnest discussion?

This chart is actually pretty good, most alignment charts I've seen are complete crap. It's a real shame that Dukat actually fits into chaotic evil, the writers kind of ruined him starting about halfway through season 6. It's genuinely hilarious how cartoonishly evil he became, it was entertaining to watch but not at all in keeping with how well written he was up until that point.

>Lawful Good

they were mad that people actually liked dukat so they made him go full chaotic. plus when jadzia's actor wanted to quit they just made him hill her and he went full evil

I guarantee that a Creole chef was pimpin' the shrimp.

Is it okay to be racist and also like Star Trek?

>dutch angles and lenseflare: the show

go ahead you won't be the first terran empire apologist to be found in trek threads

Jadzia's actress didn't want to quit. She wanted a reduced role, like Nog or Garak or Martok. She was forced to quit by Rick Berman.

Only if you hold yourself to idealistic consistency.

Well there's certainly a place for you in the Federation.

Where's this from? GRIS ain't givin' me shit.

Waifu. A 21st century term popularized on Japanese Animation, or Anime, image boards back on the primitive world wide web. If I were to use it in a sentence I would say "Captain, you are waifu a shit."

Too bad.

Only if you have alien scum

But Vulcans are cool

Changlings are always lawful. Odo just became lawful neutral later in life. Actually, I would argue that he was always lawful neutral. He did evil acts when the Cardassians called it Terok Nor and he did good acts when the Federation called it ds9. But no matter, Odo strove for order.

Ensign, what is he probality of Discovery sucking ass?

So Data is fully functional, right? That means his butthole gets loose and floppy after hundreds of repeated plowings, right? Becuase some people are into that and that's the way buttholes normally function.

Section 31 isn't humanocentric, it's Federation-centric.

>choosing to live like a human gives them superior strength, toughness, smarts, and ears, as well as psychic abilities
>choosing to live as a vulcan gives them superior logic due to comparatively quiet human-influenced emotion
Vulcan/Human is the future.

Could you post them all por favor?

HOW TO FIX STD

Step 1: Replace the entire cast with Jeffrey Combs.

STD is now fixed.

>section 31 isnt humanocentric

You don't think that they'd chuck any race under the bus, if necessary, to protect humanity?
When was the last time you saw a non-human in Section 31?

Sensors are picking up a body of organic material, approximately 12 AU in diameter, corresponding to... Fecal matter. I advise changing course towards the Orville system, maximum warp

>he probality
Posts like this make me optimistic for Discovery, because I see that the biggest haters are Pakleds.

>tfw STD won't ever use him

Interdasting, any more where this came from? Poor Behr, you could tell he really could've kept it together. He's my ds9 guru.

Given that all we've seen of Section 31 is one operative and two toughguys I'd don't think there's enough information to conclude that a Starfleet organization isn't trying to protect Starfleet.

Get the book.

amazon.com/Fifty-Year-Mission-Generation-Uncensored-Unauthorized/dp/1250089468

I don't know. I'm a Tripfag not a doctor.

that would be stupid of them to not include super logicians like the vulcans or empath and telepaths like the betazoids considering their mission

>implying Orville won't be worse

We have the /fatriker/ meme but what about /fatkirk/?
Although he was sexy sometimes.

This. Section 31 is explicitly Stafleet and historically a human organization. They predate any significant human-alien alliances.

There is no Section 31

"No."

>Given that all we've seen of Section 31 is one operative and two toughguys
Watch Enterprise

I liked the Deltans and regret that they only showed up in TMP.

I made a mistake watching ENT before VOY. I actually enjoyed quite a lot of ENT but VOY is wearing me the fuck down.

Is Sisko REALLY Chaotic Good? Redpill me

Trek was created by idealists who didn't know, believe or care about things like race differences, dysgenic breeding, natural antipathy or indeed the entire fact that human behaviours is genetically determined to a large degree. Basically they operated under entirely wrong premises as to what humanity really is (or indeed, sentience as a whole... consider the endless stories about robots "finding their humanity"... but I digress).
That doesn't mean we can't enjoy the stories, the general optimistic setting, or the enlightened morals. We have to accept that we are what the trek authors would consider the primary obstacle to their utopia... except we, of course, know that it could never become true and would rather live in reality than chase a dream. So yes, I did and do like star trek despite having become a racist by any sense of the word since I first watched it. It does not faze me because my opinions are well founded and reflected and I can stand being at odds with some admittedly well meaning sci-fi authors.

C'mon, do a nigga a solid.

>pic related

>he hasnt seen ENT

>trusting other species mind powers
Humanity has its own psychics and autistic human machines.
Remember Bashir & Co?

Nice to see that someone knows their shit!

Best girl

His solutions to the Maquis problem and the Romulan problem were tough pills to swallow but ultimately the correct solutions for the greater good.

I actually like the addition of Section 31 to Trek lore. Fight me.

have you watched the show ? the man is on the verge of breaking down and even sometimes break down Am I speaking about Avery Brook or his character ? We may never know...

>The virgin producer
>The Chad tits-man

no that means you're probably a white male.

Are rumours of Avery Brooks' insanity real or fake?

THEY'RE REEEEAAAAAAAL

I always assumed that Trek operated under the premises that the Eugenics Wars, WWIII, and their aftermaths acted as a eugenics programs and that its view on sentience was that after a certain level of complexity the only thing that really changes in a mind is storage, processing speed, and memory access ability.