Don't lay a hand on a thug other than to tie him up and interrogate him

>Don't lay a hand on a thug other than to tie him up and interrogate him
>Alfred scolds me "YOU ALMOST BEAT THE MAN HALF TO DEATH, BRUCE"

holy shit fuck you so hard, TellTale.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EObZ-F9NShc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, that's TellTale. Characters will get pissed at you no matter what you do.

>Don't say anything to Vicki when leaving the GCPD in episode 2
>In Episode 3 Bruce and Alfred talk about how Bruce gave Vicki Montoya's name

What is this shit

>Don't shake hands with Falcone
>Shit talk him as much as possible
>Say publicly in front of every news station how he is not an affiliate of mine and I want nothing to do with that thug
>"BRUCE WAYNE'S FAMILY TIES TO THE FALCONE MAY STILL HOLD UP TO PRESENT DAY AS WE REVEAL THAT FALCONE WAS A GUEST AT BRUCE'S PARTY"
>They zoom in to me not shaking his fucking hand

I guess my guests didn't remember that.

It's Telltale. In GOT there was a choice to take a guy with you, or leave him behind to protect your castle. No matter what you choose, he gets captured by Ramsay and flayed alive. Even if you take him with you, he somehow teleports ahead of you for long enough to get mutiliated.
None of your choices matter. Story is always mediocre. Gameplay is non-existent.

I love how in Until Dawn they literally have to scream in your face "YOUR CHOICES FUCKING MATTER" because no other game in that genre had done it correctly

Out of the blue they hire fucking cobblepot to replace Bruce as CEO for some reason

I was so happy playing the first The Walking Dead series they did. Oh my god, I get to shape the game by choosing what to do is what I told myself. Sure, there's essentially no gameplay, but this was such a great new experience I was really glad about. I get to the the end and guess what.

>literally nothing I did mattered

The whole value of their games disappears once you realise this. It's essentially a movie.

They don't need to have all their choices matter in a long-term sense, aside from one or two bits like "who do you save?". The point of the choices is that you made them and that reaction people have around you in that one moment.

So like, take Walking Dead that started all this, Lee is going to die no matter what. That doesn't change the story. But it changes your emotions on whether you want Clem to kill him or leave him, and that's the point of the choices. That's totally fine. The problem is when Telltale makes aware their game engine strings by having characters have the same reaction regardless of what you did, and even worse, LONG after the fact.

So take scenario. Whether or not you beat the assassin doesn't matter. What matters is Gordon's reaction, he takes notice that you were non-violent or he looks horrified. That's all it needs to be. But what ruins it is having Alfred's reaction afterwards which doesn't change because he's on a rail to continue the story and the story demanded that "Bruce be lectured right now". If they just removed that whole bit with Alfred giving you a lecture and left it entirely to "What was Gordon's reaction?", then that's fine, I would feel good personally because I didn't break the dude's arm or smash his fucking head open.

They explained this in the game. The Children of Arkham cleaned up Oswald's criminal record and Wayne Enterprises saw hiring him as reparations for Thomas fucking over the Cobblepots.

youtube.com/watch?v=EObZ-F9NShc

Walking Dead S1 and Wolf Among Us are the only good things they've made.

>What is Tale from the borderlands?

Someone hasn't played Sam and Max, Back to the Future, and Strongbad.

At least the later episodes are better about choices than the first one.

Seriously, there were too many variables in episode three, if anything.

shit

>we'll never get another Sam & Max or Strongbad

I still can't believe they didn't get Tom Wilson back for BttF, considering he's mostly a voice actor these days. Almost ruined it for me.

>They don't need to have all their choices matter in a long-term sense, aside from one or two bits like "who do you save?". The point of the choices is that you made them and that reaction people have around you in that one moment.
Okay shill, don't market it as a game where choices matter then. What's the point of even making choices if the game plays YOU? If you want to play these "games," then pirate them. This trash company doesn't deserve a single cent.

"Games" like this are a disgrace.

They do matter, the fact that a character even changes their reaction at all means it matters. It doesn't matter in some grand scheme of things in your life and the story doesn't branch out, but your decisions do matter because person A and person B could have two very different experiences with the same game despite it having a linear story.

Sorry you're so angry at a video game that you pirated regardless and invested probably only a couple of hours of your life in. I know you would have much preferred spending that time shitposting or jerking off. I mean, you only really need one hand to play these games, no reason why you couldn't have done both.

I remember that. Glaringly bullshit.

>They do matter, the fact that a character even changes their reaction at all means it matters
Quite an equivocation on the word "matters." To do a trick like that would land any other advertisement a false advertising lawsuit. You could say "life-size statue" and have it at 5 inches. "Well it's in real life so it's life-size, get it?" Or the Spongebob joke where Krabs gives Squidward the brochure instead of what was advertised on the brochure. Jokes shouldn't be ways to sell things; that's dishonest.

I personally do not play these games, for reasons I have previously stated, but I am sympathetic for those who DO play these games, and in fact purchase them thinking they would be something they are not. This is a grave injustice, and I hate injustice. Clearly you don't care about other people though. Or maybe you work for that company?

Well I mean, by all definitions your post is a post even though it's really shit and bait, but it's still not inaccurate to say "This is a post", isn't it? You should probably spend more effort on self-pity than sympathy for others if your life has gotten to the point where you're so angry at a gaming company that you consider it to be an injustice. It might help you grow in life if you were a little bit more self-aware. Then companies wouldn't have to pass off 5-inch statues as life-sized because they can't just use you as proof anymore.

Where is this post even going? Where am I?

Also first episode for Batman Telltale is free on Steam until Nov 7th go play it everyone, I'm a shill.

>TellTale
>not being Lazy faggots

They just got around to building a new engine.

Did I just break this guy? Calm down, buddy.

>holy shit fuck you so hard, TellTale.
You're on Sup Forums.
You've seen how characters, and even "fans" treat Batman.
Did you expect it to be any different?

Batman needs to be loved and protected. I want my awesome martial arts, world's greatest detective, decent engineer, high level scientist, fun-loving, justice-yearning, caped crusader back.

Not Jobby McFriends-a-lot. Delete half the batfamily. Make him strong again.

>Being this black and still insulting the kettle
Holy shit. Maybe you should check back to your own post where you claim Telltale is a scam who is committing an injustice. I was simply responded to retardation with equal retardation, but not surprising you didn't get it.

Normally baiters just stop when they realize they aren't getting the reactions they want, I'm so upset that your post and opinion is actually genuine.

I'm so sorry for you.

>claim Telltale is a scam who is committing an injustice
You never countered that claim and started sperging out. Hence, my response. You definitely got broken, perhaps blinded by the truth.

TellTale is awful.

They've got fewer branching paths and less choices that actually matter than those weeb visual novels on steam.

>there are actual telltale fanboys defending this shit

lol

Because it's a stupid fucking claim, you dolt. They make entertainment, people like their entertainment, they have some flaws but ultimately still a big fanbase who like what they're doing and buy games where they know how they're going to play out because they've been playing out the same way for like six fucking years. By all definitions, that isn't a scam. A scam is selling your tech demo that can generate 16 quintillion planets for $60 and making claims that each planet has its own ecosystem and then that is never included.

Your choices in Telltale do matter because they give you different reactions and sometimes entire new scenes, that means it matters. They didn't say the story changes, just your choices matter. In Borderlands, you can play the game siding with Jack or Fiona and however you play will affect dialogue, jokes and even entire scenes that you get. You still have to find the artifact is, go to the Moon, and fight a monster, but the little details in between is what makes it fun. You feel good because Gordon approves of you or because Harvey Dent is your pal, not because you heavily changed the story. Sure, Telltale fucks up their own choices sometimes and I've even complained about that, but it still matters then traditional games like Mario Galaxy which play the same exact way every single time.

The fact that people even go back and pick another option "just to see what happens" means there's some value to what they're doing.

But the reason I didn't respond with this is because your post saying Telltale are scam artists was so autistic, I figured it didn't matter, and this doesn't matter, and that you're going to continue to sperg out how Telltale is committing atrocities on the gaming community because you're just dumb and can't be convinced otherwise, sorry.

You're also one of those people who argues the semantics of "what is a game" and probably doesn't consider Stanley Parable or Papers Please to be games.

Could be worse. They could coin that laziness as "Telltale Time" then keep throwing it around in interviews as a joke rather than a real answer for where the fuck is your third installment of your original flagship game you pieces of shit.

Papers Please has actual gameplay.

Have to admit, I like the Harvey twist. If you choose to save him in episode 2 then his face stays unburned. (Even though he starts becoming mentally unstable after the events)

I don't like how you can still romance and have sex with Catwoman if you let her get shot. That should have been the end of the relationship and she should have been straight antagonistic after that.

Bitches love Batman.

The fuck did you expect? Telltale's choices-mattering simulators are shit. They haven't been good since Sam and Max

>Choices matter because they seem like they do but they don't

You'll not be getting my shekels this day shillstein

So is this like Elseworlds or something because it certainly feels like it
Also why is it badly optimized compared to Telltale's other stuff

Anyone else notice that is is basically just key points from Morrison's run with The Black Glove just way earlier in Bruce's career?

Didn't they get him for the rerelease or something?

Thats retarded. If Selina didn't understand that you saved Harvey because he was defenseless and she could take care of herself then it would have been extremely out of character. Batman rarely assist her when they are out together because she can handle herself, he always trys to save the victims first.

Has the usual shitty bugs but I really like this Harvey. I really want to protect him after this episode.

>forgettable

With as shit as TellTale's scheduling is, I'm surprised they've been knocking out Batman the way they have been

They've actually done a really good job at getting the episodes out at a decent pace. Interested to see how Bruce gets out of the Asylum but my money is on Catwoman breaking him out.

Still waiting on Wolf Among Us season 2

>i don't like games unless they have loud flashing things in my face and i get to shoot non-stop and kill enemies with little effort

nothing wrong with enjoying call of duty but don't knock people who like their boring point and clicks, either.

Well thats dumb considering they said that was a stand alone from the beginning.

what if hush was behind everything again

Wasn't aware of that, well shit

Wait, is there even a consequence to letting her get shot?

My money is on Hugo, especially with them introducing Arkham Asylum next episode and all the ties to it so far. I bet hes also Harvey's therapist.

That'd be stupid because he would of came out of no one where and there hasn't been any hints towards him.

>Harvey still gets mad if you don't bang her
I hate this game.

Kill yourself you tasteless contrarian

Trash

Doesn't notice Bruce is bandaged and (optionally) there's these weird gadgets on the table

Welcome to TellTale, the games where everything's made up and the choices don't matter.

Reminder that if you support TellTale in anyway, you are killing the video gaming industry

If Alfred blows half his face off after he goes full Big Bad Harv I'll fucking lose it. I don't want that at all for the guy, but it'd be a fucking crazy remix of his story...

You can't be serious. C'mon boi, grow up.

>itt autism

Sup Forums please leave. Telltale's games are about how your choices impact the relationships you form. The fact that the plot doesnt change has nothing to do with it. I know autistic people can't understand human interactions and emotions so you can't relate to them but thats your personal mental issue not the games' problems.

Nah, Oswald already does most of Hush's beats.

Lady Arkham is the overall mastermind, but I can see some villains for future seasons being teased.

The whole point of the thread was characters having the same reaction to your choices no matter what you do.

Nah it'll be Hugo for sure. There have already been plenty of hints like Harvey's therapist and it all coming full circle back around to Arkham.

>I know autistic people can't understand human interactions and emotions
Ya it's real good when you can treat a character like fucking shit the whole time and they'll still fuck yah. Real realistic.

Thats not true at all though. It'll end with you either getting Harvey to turn himself in or having to beat him into submission and Catwoman leaves and abandons you after this episode if you chose to treat her like shit.

Why only four colours
Why purple but no green

>but I can see some villains for future seasons being teased.
Imagine if they start their own Dc universe, because everyone wants to make a universe now

Kek are you retarded? Women love to be treated like shit and Catwoman explicitly states it was just sex if you let her get shot. Also letting her get shot to save Harvey was not "treating her like shit." Shes a big girl she understands and knew the risk and didn't expect Batman to save her in the field. Shes not some damsel in distress.

See

>casual

They are all colors Batman is traditionally known for. Blue and yellow are obvious, red is murderbats and purple is classic.

The only "hint" is just a throwaway line about a therapist. I would love an appearance by Hugo, but you're grasping at straws.

As long as that encourages decent Superman vidya again, I'd be fine with it.

They could do a lot with the Question, Flash, and even Green Lantern, if they remember that the GLC is ultimately space police.

>grasping at straws

Ive never been wrong before at predicting anything Batman related and I highly doubt I'll be wrong this time. Guaranteed the "Children of Arkham" work for Hugo.

The Outsider should be the final boss.

>Ya it's real good when you can treat a character like fucking shit the whole time and they'll still fuck yah.
LOL

That's exactly how it is. Post all the fedora pictures you want but women love assholes.

>Question, Flash, and even Green Lantern
Would play.

Those boring point and clicks have puzzles to solve, which require actual thinking and can be funny (Discworld, Grim Fandango), challenging (Myst, Starship Titanic) and entertaining. Hell, some of them have actual lifebars and there's wrong choices or items that'll hurt you (Goblins, Fable by Simbiosis). They all tell stories too, obviously.
In Telltale games you are just clicking on text boxes and that's all, nothing flashy and(or) challenging.

Fucking Hellblazer man, I would play a Hellblazer game

>Forgetting Sam and Max

Get Matt Ryan to voice Constantine and you have a deal

Telltale used to do traditional point and click puzzle games but switched to basically choose your own adventure book-styled games. There's very few branches in story, most of the wrong choices are death and you have to "go back to the page before you died", and there's really only a couple of ways to play. But they succeed in making me care about characters. Like, I want to protect Harvey with all my heart now which I've never really cared for him before in other material.

Overrated character and he's KILLED the magic side of the DC universe. No one wants the other characters to have magic adventures and flesh out the supernatural side of the world, they only want sarcastic Brit adventures.

I see, thanks for clarification.
>I want to protect Harvey with all my heart
Even if it'll still play the same in the end?

Its not about the destination its about the journey.

This is really the crux of Telltale games. If you can't deal with this fact, then the games simply aren't for you. I can enjoy them for what they are but I get why some people can't.

>TellTale gets huge money from Walking Dead Season 1.
>They double the size of their studios.

>They proceed to shit out more games at a time instead of fixing the problems with their games.

The entire company is cynical and shitty.

Batman is my first TellTale game, so excuse any ignorance of mine if I'm missing shit that has been obvious since Walking Dead or whatever, but...

>brutalizing falcone was the only bad thing i did
>everyone hates batman

>do nothing but help gordon
>gcpd hates me and thinks i'm a criminal

>save harvey every chance i get
>randomly acts schizo and totally ignores that bruce wayne's upper torso looks like spaghetti with bandages
>end of the episode he suddenly wants me in arkham even though i helped him in selina's apartment and he apologized

>alfred says something about bruce giving vicki information
>i told vicki to fuck off every chance i got

>vicki fucking vale kicked batman's ass and is the major villain of this series

I'm not getting episodes 4/5. I had to wait on the PC version to get patched before I was able to play at anything above 20fps. Went to my buddy's to watch him play on his PS4 and that shit can't even maintain 30, and stutters like fucking crazy.

I'm more pissed that they're completely addicted to shitting out single seasons then proceed to do jack shit afterwords while using the same 5 VA's they got in speed dial

Walking Dead and Wolf Among US weren't THAT bad, but generally TellTale games are fatalistic: everyone WILL hate you and everything WILL be your fault, you just choose how it happens.

YOU GUYS THINK TWD, BATMAN, ETC. ARE BAD?

I AM A JURASSIC PARK FAN.

THANKS TELLTALE!

no prob dawg

>end of the episode he suddenly wants me in arkham even though i helped him in selina's apartment and he apologized

To be fair, he could probably be playing it up for the cameras.

Also, interestingly enough, he's slightly more sympathetic to Bruce in the preview if he's scarred than with his full face.

Tales from the borderlands didnt do that as much, you actually got to be cool and befriend cool people.

Maybe it was having two protagonists, or the lighter tone? i dont know.

Goat. I love you man.

Hiring I can understand, but making him the fucking CEO overnight?

At this point, it's not the choice thing that bothers me the most about Telltale games. The thing that is absolutely infuriating is that they don't even offer anything beyond poorly designed QTEs and walking for gameplay.

omg i totally love vicki vale in this. totally trust her in doing the right thing and help take down oswald

I thought Harvey referred to his therapist as a she. Or was that just Bruce?

It had a nice story at least.