Age of Ultron Had No Set Up?

How was Age of Ultron set up before it happened? Seems like Ultrons AI was introduced and then went suicidal because reasons.

*homocidal

It went on the internet.

What I mean is were there any hints of Ultron at all? We're there any hints of him becoming crazy? We know he's evil as comic readers, but how would fans of the movies even be able to predict it from previous films? I'm assuming I'm missing something from Iron Man 2

lol

>but how would fans of the movies even be able to predict it from previous films?
Ultron wasn't IN the other films, I'm not sure why you're bringing it up.

Ultron is programmed to protect Earth, as soon as he went online he saw the humans are fucking nuts and decided that the best way to protect Earth was to fuck us up.

How did you miss that?

This is like, THE "computer made to protect us turns against us" backstory. Come on, OP.

The problem was that Ultron was trying to be self contained. Where as Phase 1 had the previous 5 films set up the Avengers, Phase 2 didn't have any of the films set up AoU. Like, remember when Iron Man 3 ended, and everyone thought that Tony was going to build drones instead of using his suits? They could have had the Avengers get the staff, come home, and Tony is tinkering with Ultrons.
But instead, we had a film that had noticeable cut scenes (Like how Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver enter the church to find Ultron), with lots of teasing to future films (Ragnorok, Infinity Wars, Black Panther) and somehow the film felt overstuffed at 2 hours and 30 minutes.
What the hell happened?!

So Tony thought it was a good idea to active an experimental AI with exponentially increasing knowledge and leave it alone? Like what the fuck was he thinking? He was basically fucked a whole city just to show Bruce how big his dick is.

And this AI never had any mentions or test runs in previous Iron Man films? It's just happens?

Where did the Ultron AI come from? Didn't they get it from Loki's staff? So that means that there was already a thinking mind in the mind stone? And it turned out to be Ultron? But then how come Vision isn't Ultron when the gem powers him and the Ultron mind came from the gem?

>So Tony thought it was a good idea to active an experimental AI with exponentially increasing knowledge and leave it alone? Like what the fuck was he thinking? He was basically fucked a whole city just to show Bruce how big his dick is.
Protip: Stark is a mess.
>And this AI never had any mentions or test runs in previous Iron Man films? It's just happens?
Protip: They didn't have the mind stone in a majority of them
Protip: You were TOLD they've been working on it, just offscreen. It didn't "just happen" in the movie's setting.
Protip: Serialized fiction is not always planned out in its entirety from the beginning.

Ultron is a combination of Stark's work in progress and the mind stone, with attempts by Jarvis to guide it. Vision is a combo of the mind stone and Jarvis, who was complete and functional.

BECAUSE THERE WAS FUCKING ALIENS THEY CAME THROUGH A PORTAL FUCKING JESUS IT WAS SCARY, OK?

OP I ask this not as an insult, but with genuine curiosity:
Do you have some sort of mental condition?

Yeah so just because they were like "oh btw we've been working on this humanoid super robot AI in between films", we are supposed to be cool with that?

That's terrible pacing, it would have made more sense to just have his AI fuck up shit and introduce actual Ultron in Civil War or Iron Man 3 or something.

This all seems rushed and it was a waste of a good villian. Theoretically they could bring him back by saying he stored his memory on USB drive or some shit but still this movie felt like a waste.

Self diagnosed autism

>Yeah so just because they were like "oh btw we've been working on this humanoid super robot AI in between films", we are supposed to be cool with that?
YES
THIS IS TYPICALLY HOW SEQUELS FUNCTION

>Theoretically they could bring him back by saying he stored his memory on USB drive or some shit

no

JARVIS blocked Ultron's access to the internet (and therefore to other computer systems) and then the Avengers killed every last one of his drones TO ENSURE THAT THE AI DIDN'T ESCAPE

God damn son, you're a fucking idiot if you can't understand a Whedon movie

>When'd they set up the rebel base on Hoth? This is bullshit. TESB is the worst film ever.

Well I understood Man of Steel and Superman v Batman and Suicide Squad perfectly so maybe Civil War and Age of Ultron made me lose brain cells.

if you rewatch the movie, Stark and Banner left Jarvis to run all the tests for the ultrasonic AI and once it was successful, Ultron immediately shuts that shit down

thats kinda what he said. The built up was how defenseless they were when the invasion came

Really.

I mean, Tony, wording is everything to literal thinking AI.

You couldn't say it's job was to protect humanity?