If the Gem Empire and the Irkens went to war with each other, who would win?

If the Gem Empire and the Irkens went to war with each other, who would win?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TZWzBncwVtQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We haven't seen a ton of current gem stuff or if they have Geode weapons (which I guess would be huge fucking weapons)

Given current implied status, Irken would probably win

unless Zim was involved, then nobody wins

They have starships and are able to create more soldiers through harvesting resources out of the ground. That's a pretty good starting point.

I think Peridot said that there resources are pretty bad hence why they need to cut back heavily

and Irken have a fuck ton of weapons / ships

She said that Gems were now relying more on advanced tech than magical abilities.

Plus, Lapis said that everything on Homeworld is advanced as shit, to the point of confusion.

It doesn't matter, they both will be purge.

WE SHALL SEE, FOOL

Well again we haven't really seen what they are packing while we saw Irken have giant death bots, a fuck ton of huge ships, and a bunch of other shit

>ruby squads
>small scouting ships
>gem harvesters
>gem starships
That's all I can think of, honestly.

The Massive survived flying directly through a star in the episode Backseat Drivers from Beyond the Stars.

Fuck never mind I just realized how the gems could win

The Diamonds are mother fucking TALL. Like REALLY TALL

The Massive can fly through planets without taking any damage at all. The Gems haven't really shown anything on that level.

>unless Zim was involved, then nobody wins

Depends on how clear his orders are really. If he has a clear goal and is specific instructions, Zim is brutally competent. It's when he's given agency and open-ended goals that the wheels come off.

We'll fuck 'em both up.

The gems are a dying race, while the Irkens are like germs. Irkens likely have greater numbers and can produce new soldiers magnitudes more quickly. We've seen the kinds of rush jobs gems do, and while a gem could probably take an Irken 1-on-1, they'd get BTFO if any number of Irkens worked together. I give it to the Irkens. Gems are supposedly a conqueror race but I have no idea who they could be conquering besides themselves. Everything about them seems designed mostly to fight other gems. Setting up shop on Earth is like us chopping down the rainforest. An aggressive act, sure, but not really conquering anything.

it depends entirely on whether or not Irken follow the tallest beings regardless of species or only the tallest Irkens.

The gem empire logo is literally just a flip of the lab safety label.

Fuck is SU lazy

XENOS DOESN'T STAND A CHANCE AGAINST THE MIGTHY OF EMPEROR

>inb4 chem symbol is from the Gems invading earth

I don't think its a matter of follow but it would probably mess with their morale

It could be a thing that could help the gems win although not much

I mean the tallest seemed genuinely surprised how humans were tall but stupid

imagine them seeing a fucking Diamond

roger roger

Of course the forces of Big E would smash filthy xeno heretics

If either of them came to Earth, Desperado would blow them the fuck out.

>They're gems, atomically composed crystalline lattices
>Symbol is based around chemistry

Kinda neat toobh

This. Geodes and Clusters are the wildcards. If the gems have enough of them, they MIGHT stand a chance.

The biggest issue is The Massive. It's literally FUCKING HUGE. It dwarves most planets and plunged through a star with minimal damage.

As long Zin is kept away, Irkens win

A challenger appears.

>He doesn't know about Hank Diamond

PRAISE THE EMPEROR!

Well by the time Zim was through with it it was pretty banged up (of course after plowing through a few solar systems or something)

best chance gems have against that (barring Geode weapons being really fuck huge and having enough of them to jump it) would be to hijack it somehow

they would never win based on the way they are written in the new show

can barely take them seriously anymore

I've never seen Steven Universe, but the Irkens (or at least its leadership; although, given that said leadership is granted purely on the basis of height, that doesn't bode well for the rest of the species) are pretty damned stupid, and appear to have conquered as much as they did by coasting on the even greater stupidity of everyone else. The Gems, from what little I've heard, at least appear to be competent.

This thread again?
We already agreed on Gems winning because the Diamonds are taller.

It's kind of hard to tell because we honestly don't know a whole lot about the current state of Homeworld or the extent of their technology. I mean... they had fucking time travel and intergalactic warp technology 5,000 years ago, who knows what they fuck they have now.

The problem with the Irkens is, well... they're all fucking morons. All of them. And not just them, everyone in their reality is a damn idiot. So while they likely have the technology to go toe to toe with Gems, it's hard to tell how they would fare against an opponent that isn't as retarded as they are.

A new challenger approaches

>Plus, Lapis said that everything on Homeworld is advanced as shit, to the point of confusion.
They were an interstellar culture when she was put in the mirror, and she spent 5000 years there.

Of course she's lost, technologically.

The problem is you're comparing a universe that is entirely comedic to one that has (semi) realistic boundaries.

I wouldn't say they are all idiots as you have those like Dib, Tak, and Stooge(?)

>baby krogans
aaaaaaaaaaaaa so cute

Zim build a time machine, and he's the dumbest Irken there is. Not only that, only three Irkens have been show to be stupid (the Tallest, and Zim) And both have shown a level of competency when they get their head in the game. Not only that, but Tak isn't stupid, and if Zim didn't screw her up, Earth would've already be taken, and she would've been on another mission. And when the Tallest reviewed the progress of their invaders, most of them conquered their planet, with maybe one of them failed. So it wouldn't be a blow out.

The real question is if max power level Dib could take on the gem empire.

Zim's not dumb, he's just overenthusiastic and loses sight of the bigger picture. Gets skewed priorities.

/thread

at least it should be, but this issue keeps coming back like mildew.

I just remembered the episode when he made gir smarter than him and in that episode, zim was a fucking moron and handled the situation poorly.

Mind if I cut in?

Please, MY empire could easily drive both races into oblivion if I were to decree it.

Let me show you how a REAL galactic emperor handles business.

>We already agreed on Gems winning because the Diamonds are taller.

Humans are taller than Irkens and that hasn't caused Zim any problems.

Both of you are pathetic, galactic domination is child's play compared to what I have planned for those empires.

About as "neat" as creating characters based on horoscopes.

You MUST be joking.

Irkens
VS
Gems
VS
Skrulls
VS
Daleks
VS
The Empire from Star Wars.

HEAVEN OR HELL

A wandering culture ship floats by and laughs at everyone.

Zim was a scientist before he was an "invader". He's not stupid in the intellectual sense, he's just lacking in common sense and lets his own ego get in his way. Basically he's a high Intelligence low Wisdom character

* Simulation

How come stories about Aliens resisting Human invaders are not as popular as Humans resisting Alien invasion?

Less believable. We can barely get six guys from our planet to the moon and back without dying horribly. What kind of invasion force could we feasibly muster?

But Humans are greedy and warlike.

Zinyak is the fucking best

Because it's more relatable.

The Zin could fucking pummel the Gems and the Irks.

Humans are usually biased toward human characters.

You all are terrible comedians

Older generation gems can shapeshift, which can aid in infiltration and morale damage.

Though will Irkens be able to detect the color difference?

Thw true superior race will stomp the meatbags

I mean, the gems built a time machine five thousand year ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=TZWzBncwVtQ
The one with knowledge of world engine tech

I mean, the supposedly perfect warrior of gem kind got BTFO but some fat mutant midget, that's not really a great sign of Gems being superior to Irken's, I mean, even one of their most incompetent members is terrifyingly destructive.

Basically, the issue stems from SU trying to portray the gem empire as somewhat grounded in reality while the far more over the top Irkens are just walking, talking "fuck everything up" machines.

oh yeah I'm terrified

help mommy my hot wheels came alive

Uh, guys? I don't think this is the monster truck rally.

>non brain powered robots
enjoy becoming chaos

Probably Gems because they are Mary Sues

Nah, only the crystal gems are, all the regular gems get BTFO by a fat kid.

But the real question remains, could Steven befriend Zim?

He literally did

What is Avatar for 500?

You're a little LOST there, eh friendo?

>Not only that, only three Irkens have been show to be stupid (the Tallest, and Zim)
So the leaders of the entire race are the dumbest?

Also, Zim's time machine couldn't take out a gem because they don't have any organs or things you could replace
Besides the gem
And even then you'd just be moving the gem to a different place where they could reform

Peridot was pretty much diet Zim honestly, full on Zim would tear her apart.
I mean, he stole organs and became a bloated mass of guts just to fool a school nurse for fucks sake.

dawww baby krogans look so cute

Dawww Lil Wrex

Space Bazooka, Gundan Heavyarms, Random cop with a M16, and a Dragoon all on one team. What is this?

He was literally spawned to be an invader and sent to duty minutes after hatching.

Earth Defense Force

Irkens would not even fight this the classic way.

A single random invader with a red plastic gen glued to his forehead would land on Homeworld and sabotage the entire system by spreading rumors of gems calling other gems fat, making snide comments at other gems getting them to hate each other, forming super exclusive cliques and not letting certain gems join which ruins their self esteem, pretend to be friends with a few gems like Rubies then make fun of them in public declaring that he was never their friend at all, then encourage other gems to ignore them. After the entire civilization has fallen into complete ruin of infighting and emotional bullying, the Massive comes in with a complete sweep of the surface nearly all life unopposed.

What happened to you,daleks? you used to be cool,mang!

My guess is Gem society grew too large and is beginning to collapse in on itself. To reproduce they need a planet with a living core and desirable mineral composition so what probably did thousands of millions of years ago is genocided most nearby habitable planets and turned them into gem worlds. However theres only so many gems that can hypothetically be born in any given star system meaning they need to continually expand from planet to planet to increase their numbers. This is bad and probably frequently leads to issues like the rebellion because troops and citizens would be spread out.

Did any of the participating entities file the proper paperwork? I doubt those multicolored ones did, they're from another galaxy.

>Should we let that Gem race in on the Council?
>God no. We already have one all female race, plus our main enemies are races who are inorganic.

>Implying they would fight
They'd see how enormously tall one of the diamonds was and immediately attempt to join ranks

Humans are shorter than the tallest.

I never understood what the point of the initial infiltration was. The Irkens could easily just shit on any planet they come across.

God that fucking swimsuit armor is just fucking ridiculous next to the other people.

Meanwhile, everyone loses to Phyrexia.

Especially if Yawgmoth is still alive.

The Tallest are 6'5", I think it was officially recorded somewhere?

The sweeper canon only obliterates organic life, if I'm not mistaken, and I don't think the gems would count as such. Could pose a problem for the Irken.

Better

Irkens
VS
Gems
VS
Skrulls
VS
Daleks
VS
The Empire from Star Wars.
VS
The Borg
VS
The Kree
VS
A united Cybertorn
VS
Space Dandy

Team ups and assimilation allowed.

That Depends.

Is this movie Borg or TV Borg?

So Homeworld is basically the Roman Empire?

Could be difficult to say

Irken tech is ludicrous in some ways

> Capital ship that can withstand being driven through the center of a sun
> Planet cracking tech
> Individual soldiers have access to ridiculous amount of resources (Zim was ignored and stupid but still managed to have access to a fucking space station)
> Controlled by near-omniscient AI

Downsides:

> Decadent leaders more focused on candy than conquering
> Entire universe-conquering scheme foiled by single incompetent soldier (admittedly one using their own tech)
> Reliant on slave races for tech and engineering

Gem empire

> Teleportation tech
> Planet cracking tech, but apparently it takes thousands of years to grow and be effective
> Ability to fuse into war machine forms
> Apparently currently depleted of resources
> Internal dissent, apparently kicked off a planet by a small batch of rebels

I have to give the edge to the Irkens just for their sheer bloody-mindedness and the competence of their AI leadership and quicker response time to threats, by the time the Gem leadership had figured out that an enemy empire was threatening them the pretty-much indestructible Irken capital ship would be laser-carving the Irken symbol onto the face of their home planet

A challenger appears.