Why doesn't Cartoon Network play Scary Godmother anymore?

Why doesn't Cartoon Network play Scary Godmother anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/1327932176/the-scary-godmother-doll
youtube.com/watch?v=AHPnrQXMsBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1GodFpqfRYc
youtube.com/watch?v=D5S6Tv_AuRY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Did you participate in the doll kickstarter, Sup Forums?

kickstarter.com/projects/1327932176/the-scary-godmother-doll

Why didn't I know about this?

bump

I hope I can make her commit lewd acts with my Chinese anime girls

Both are on youtube. youtube.com/watch?v=AHPnrQXMsBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1GodFpqfRYc

so low quality though

It aged like fucking milk. I loved the movie but if any kid today saw it they would probably be disgusted by the animation.

redo the animation
keep all the audio

Occam's Razor; they just don't feel like paying for it any more.

Because they can just run random episodes of whatever current show they have and get roughly the same ratings. Halloween Specials need promotion to get additional viewers to tune in and that's too much work.

I only wish I had the money to spend on this

or perhaps even frightened!

I was disgusted when it first came out

I wish they'd air it at least once. I want to see why it became a goofy in-joke here.

They haven't replayed OtGW either.

Too scary

im more upset about the fact that they didn't ruin over the garden wall this year

No Scooby Doo on Zombie Island either

It feel like networks don't really care about holiday specials anymore. Least not Halloween ones.

Several years

Several god damn years of replaying the same two halloween specials

It had to end at some point

It really didn't.

OtGW is considered a Thanksgiving special by CN, even though it takes place at Halloween. They'll probably air it as an omnibus on Thanksgiving weekend like last year.

l-lewd

I kinda want to get one

Everyone wants one but not everyone has the money

wait, isn't it already over?

>want to hot glue it
>want to do lewd things with it
>don't feel like dropping 50 bucks

That's dumb as fuck.

But it said 2014 on the page, didn't it? Isn't it already over

they know what they're doing

But they didn't mold or paint the nipples, did they?

This.

I remember at least Nick used to be decked out with holiday shit. Every promo would be holiday themed, thered be songs with all the nicktoons, theyd try to prioritize holiday themed programming and make new specials, it was almost slavish how dedicated they were to making the channel as Halloween or as Christmas as possible. Heck I even remember that one time they made use of the 4 day Thanksgiving weekend with special program blocks and movies days and shit for the whole weekend.

Now? Shit man, there's close to nothing. Maybe a promo or two. Some specials if they decide to air them. There's no real effort, it's extremely passive. That's what it feels like anyway. It sucks, it really sucks, and I don't even think this classifies as nostalgia, there is straight up just no effort now. It's sad. I can't be the only one who feels like holidays have become less of an event right?

It's the same for Disney and CN too but I don't remember their holiday brandings nearly as well to make a comparison.

Sorry, I know this is extremely off topic but I wanted to post it anyway. I used to watch Scary Godmother all the time, even back then I treated it as a joke. Wouldn't mind watching it again.

I didn't even know there was one, what am I supposed to hotglue now?

You failed me yet again, Sup Forums

No, I agree.

I missed the old stopmotion crossover shorts Nick aired between shows.

Remember the abominal starfish? Goddard the 2000 watt reindog? Or even the Nick holiday party where they showed the embarrassing spongebob scene patrick had a photo of in his secret box?

I do feel that the networks these day have lost their spirit on what made these shows actually fun to watch all the time.

Halloween just not being popular anymore aside, I think it has to do with how seasonal specials interfere with their scheduling and they just don't give enough of a shit to change things for a few weeks out of the year. They don't ask for specific Holiday episodes from shows anymore because that's an episode they'd have to take out of syndication for a majority of the year. They would have to make special ads for, again, a once a year occasion that they won't even be able to use the following year. It's easier to just sell them online so kids can watch them on computers or tablets.

Obviously between the two of them, though, Christmas is a lot more popular and still going strong. ABC still does 25 days of Christmas whereas their Halloween event got knocked down to 13 (I remember in the past it used to be a lot more). Halloween as a holiday is changing too.

youtube.com/watch?v=D5S6Tv_AuRY
This is the closest thing I can think of besides the Halloween variant of the movie theater bumps they had. Not the one in the theater.
The ones just outside the entrance of it.

Which CN era did you guys grow up in?

Shouldn't the era where it was mostly Hanna-Barbera reruns count as its own thing?

What caused the dark ages of 07-09? was it really the rescission?

also 92-06 should be split in half that is to big and to diverse of shows

>What caused the dark ages of 07-09? was it really the rescission?
It was CN trying to mimic Nick and Disney's success with live action shows and failing.

Yeah, I wouldn't lump 1992-2006 as one era at all. That's about three eras on its own right there.

Dark ages?

This show alone is better than all the crap being shoveled out today

Excuse me while I cry over no season 4

Change of CEOs which in turn, meant change of philosophy. They thought that all the kids wanted live action, not cartoons, which lead to the decline of not only CN, but all the other channels it attempted to copy.

Checkerboard, Powerhouse and CN City, right?

City era was too good, I wish I watched more CN at the time. I do remember all those bumpers surprisingly though.

Sad I can't find a single Halloween Nick bumper from the early-mid 00s to confirm to myself what I remember. I really strongly recall all the weird Halloween bumpers, sucks it seems no one saved them if Youtube is anything to go by. Al I see are more recent ones which I guess represent how lackluster it all is now.

City Era was perfect, if CN ever put out merchandise for it I would drop some real money for that shit.
Too bad that one shot of the entire city is only in real shitty resolution, could've made a nice poster.

Speaking of the decline of Halloween, does anyone know where the hell kids are getting their excitement from these days? Every kid under 10 that I know is still absolutely crazy over this holiday.