Why does everyone hate him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=74BzSTQCl_c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hate who?

Purge the shills!

Brain Micheal Bendis

Hate Bendis?

I hate that he does two-page scenes all the time so I have to zoom in every other page.

He's this generation's Stan Lee, and on Sup Forums even Stan Lee can't get any respect, so how much respect do you really think anons will give him?

Yes, everyone hates Bendis

Dick too big. Can't handle it. Jealous

Those look amazing in the actual print comics.

When there are six of them per issue it just looks like he can't work within established format.

He's popular
He's successful
Nuff said

he's an asshole

EVERYONE hates him?

Go away, Brian Michael.

EVERYONE!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=74BzSTQCl_c

He's shit writer who ignores previous characterization of the characters he writes. Sure, he forgets continuity too, but that's not as bad as a character virtually being someone different when he writes them as opposed to previous comics.

These are lies.

People who post these lies usually aren't shitposting as much as they simply just don't know their comics canon.

He puts his own ego first. Telling a story is second, maybe not even that high up on the list. Constantly having to inject OC characters that are never good enough to stand on their own so they have to take on the mantle from someone else's work. All these characters sound the same as every other character, OC or not.

Fuckers on Sup Forums telling me, always in Marvel threads
"Bendis ain’t bout this, Bendis ain’t bout that"
My boy a scripter on fucking Iron Man and them
He, he they say that nigga don’t be putting in no work

SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Y'all niggas ain’t know shit
All ya motherfuckers talk about "Bendis ain’t no writer, Bendis ain’t this, Bendis a fake" SHUT THE FUCK UP

Y'all don’t live with that nigga!
Y'all know that nigga wrote Alias and Powers
First good comic adaptations
Nigga been on best-sellers since fuckin, I don’t know when!
Motherfuckers stop fuckin' playin' him like that
Them niggas savages out there
If I catch another motherfucker talking sweet about Bendis I’m fucking beating they ass!
I’m not fucking playing no more
You know those niggas roll with Brevoort and them

So what? Bendis is shit now.

Why is he so bald!?

Secretly everyone is a Bendis fan. Sure people here like to feel they have superior taste by calling him shit, hack or whatever they want. They feel better knowing their current indy darling is way better than the top dog at Marvel because it somehow validates the comics they are reading and that's fine.

And yeah the things people complain about Bendis are true as well. He likes to write for trades with slow pacing arcs and his characteristic dialogue. Not to mention putting the stories over any kind of continuity fans want to be acknowledged.

But it's also true that what he does is exactly what Marvel needs. He actually puts some effort in trying to change and advance these characters. You people always criticize his changes because you don't want your characters to advance that fast. Maybe if a change is teased and slowly build then in ten years you will accept it but Bendis doesn't have ten years. He wants to move forward himself not wait until his grandsons do the job for him. You hate him for that but it's what Marvel need. His stories also appeal to the readers. He writes what they want to read. Compare Guardians of the Galaxy against Inhumans. Both had the same number of variants but Bendis still won because he writes the team of Guardians people are interested in reading, accuse him of waifuing or whatever but people accpeted Kitty as Star-Lord because Bendis sold her to them in the first issue. He also put the Avengers on the map and some might say he did it by using gimmicks and events but he was the one who dared to pull these gimmicks and events, and they worked. People liked it. Bendis does know what people want. Sup Forums of course has other ideas, and most likely those ideas would send Marvel into bankruptcy again.

Bendis works, and Sup Forums loves him. All the hate messages are just the way they have to show their love.

What title is he on right now that's so disappointing?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nigga, do you even know who you're talking about? He's the master of Marvel, the king of comics, the future Editor-in-Chief. He has 2 shows based on his creations, Powers and Jessica Jones, and someday Mile Morales will be the next Spider-man in movies or TV.

Sorry mate, but Bendis is the King of Marvel. Those on Team Bendis will guard any and all storylines created by Bendis, or expand on it. I mean look at this shit Once he finally runs Marvel, we will enter an era of Bendis continuity. As long as there's a franchise with a movie or TV show, it won't be safe from Bendis Continuity.

He's the future Editor-in-Chief of Marvel, and the other writers at Marvel know it. The ones that aren't with him are off doing Star Wars.

Kryptonite poisoning.

Civil War II

The return of a classic.

Typical anti-Bendis brigade. You guys are the worst of the worst. Always crying because Marvels best writer is reinvigorating comics with his top selling stories. I bet you guys are the same idiots crying about the X-men too. Well too bad, his X-men run is highly praised everywhere else like reddit, and will go down as one of the best. Issue 600 took old and boring characters and reinvigorated them into a new progressive age. You guys need to catch up instead of staying stuck in the past.

And there is nothing you can do to stop the Bendis train, lol.

>Secretly everyone is a Bendis fan

How the heck can he possibly move character progression too quickly when a single storyline will take six months to finish?

What is there to like about him

And since he can't be ignored as long as you're reading Marvel shit, hate is the only reaction left.

>O5 x-men's condition instantly reflects on their future selves, yet they were never sent back and history is still the same
>Brotherhood from the future travels back in time once, but there were multiple encounters in the past

Reading his x-men is painful

x-23

read his Moon Knight run and then say that again

Guardians of the Galaxy is fucking awesome. I cant even fathom the amount of shit it's getting on Sup Forums

Its just like the movie, which got good reviews, and its one of the highest selling comics in the world right now and for good reason

>b-but its not MUH GUARDIANS!
lol fuck off. Nobody cared or knew who they were before the movie. Consider actually having fun once in your life, thats what the run is, fun. Since when is NOT MUH a valid criticism? They're basically taking the gotg name and making it something better, there's nothing wrong with that.

Its basically the exact same for Kitty Pryde. Reinventing a C-list character into a badass renegade which is also selling well and everyone is enjoying it aside from you Sup Forumsntrarians. Why is that exactly?

>I was only nine years old
>I loved Bendis so much, I owned all his comics and merchandise
>I pray to Bendis every night, thanking him for the dialogue I have been given
>"Bendis is love," I say, "Bendis is life"
>My dad hears me and calls me a faggot
>He is obviously jealous of my devotion to Bendis
>I respond "I'm a faggot?"
>He says "Yes, you're a faggot"
>I say "But I'm not gay"
>He says "I meant faggot as a generic insult, not to call you gay"
>I respond "It's still pretty homophobic"
>He punches me and sends me to my room
>I am crying now, because I wasn't finished talking
>I go into my bed and it's very cold
>I feel a warmth moving towards me
>I keep feel a warmth moving towards me for 5 panels
>I feel something touch me
>2 page spread
>It's Bendis
>I am so happy
>He whispers into my ear, "Wanna read my latest comic?"
>"Your latest comic?"
>"Yes"
>"You came to my room to show me your latest comic?"
>"Why else would I come?"
>"I thought you were gonna have your way with me"
>"You're 9 years old, anyone who could possibly think that would be a twisted freak"
>"A twisted freak?"
>"Yes"
>"Can I just read the comic?"
>"Go ahead"
>He grabs me with his chubby nerd hands and puts me on my hands and knees
>I'm ready
>I open the comic for Bendis
>He wasted several pages on characters eating and doing nothing
>It hurts so much, but I do it for Bendis
>I can feel my brain tearing as my eyes start to water
>I push against his force
>I want to please Bendis
>He laughs a mighty laugh as he ignores established continuity
>My dad walks in
>Bendis looks him deep in the eyes and says, "It's all over now"
>"Who the fuck are you? I'm calling the cops!"
>"You were supposed to say "It's over now?""
>Fuck you, what are you doing with my son?"
>"You're no fun"
>Bendis punches the wall and leaves to write about his waifu some more
Bendis is love, Bendis is life

Sentry.
And fuck you for implying I did not read his Avengers runs up until Dark Reign and through Siege.

He took a interesting character that I liked, ported him to 616, misunderstood what made him interesting, used him as a plot device stripping him of all the qualities that made said character interesting in the first place and then made him into a Murderer and then killed him dead.

Even now, the character hasn't been used in pretty much anything, Uncanny Avengers had to rebuilt him to something else - That I do enjoy, but it's a new character entirely, and he was a supporting character there.

We will probably never see the character again thanks to Bendis.

He was less damning on certain characters (Bucky Cap) but he commited the same sins that user just described and made reading that character painful.

The idiots are going to be crying a lot more about X-Men soon.
Bendis was setting up X-Men storylines for years on multiple books and then *- POOF! -* ...
He's off those books, placeholder writers are running them now, Bendis is off setting up the story for IvX and Ressur(X)ion and that's going to be a franchise relaunch event.

The anti-Bendis is going to be record-setting when that hits.

>Not to mention putting the stories over any kind of continuity fans want to be acknowledged.

He didn't even know what Battleworld was about when he wrote Ultimate End.

I was actually waiting for this image again so i could make the edit. Thanks senpai

X-23 was a blank slate of PTSD in the past, for God's sake, she didn't even go by the name Laura!
What were the established character traits that he got wrong?

Moon Knight? Your complaint is that Bendis didn't write the multiple personality schizophrenic ... in character?
What were the established character traits he got wrong?

Sentry... That guy was all Bendis. That character was Bendis's baby from start to stop.
Isn't it at all possible that you thought there was a take on the character that wasn't the character?
And Bucky-as-Cap was ill-fitting, I'll give you that. But was that out of character or just a wrong situation fit.
What were the established character traits that he got wrong?

1/5
>Marvel will never permanently kill off characters
>status quo is god
>pandering is even more god though
>Bendis cannot write characters to match their tone
>Bendis cannot write intelligently
>implying capeshit is ever good

Dark Horse Master Race

2/5

you know what got redicilious with the 2 page spreads
batwoman

4/5

Hate him?

even the final issue of mockingbird helped fix some of civil war 2s shit

4/5

Aye, I understood that reference! Points for you, user.

You can't judge an unfinished story. The ending, especially if it's a twist ending, is the most important part of a good story.

You may as well complain that Romeo and Juliet is just a typical love story where everyone lives happily ever after.

Because he writes a two page script for a 32 page comic book. Worst yet, to fill those 32 pages, every other page is a two page spread or just the same picture copy and pasted to show awkward silinces.

Everyone should read Illuminated Comics. When it's that easy to make fun of a comic run, the writers should re-examine themselves.

>What were the established character traits that he got wrong?

She was reserved and formal, not sassy and hysterical.

This complaint goes well with the previous complaint that he progresses character arcs too quickly.

I too do miss cold and mechanical socially awkward Laura, but "sassy and hysterical" is just the wrong read of her current dialog, I see her as just awkward in a new way: this is "trying too hard" Laura.
A lack of interpersonal kills has always been her problem.

And WTF is up with that Mini-Me clone? How can she have a "bubbly" personality with her background?

I fucking hate him, and his cancerous fingers all over Marvel. Fuck his OC creations too

>wrong read of her current dialog

No it's not.

And in case you're talking about her own ongoing, she's written the same "trying too hard" way in her x-force flashbacks, which really tells how much Taylor understands her character.

forgot pic

See the 3rd panel and 4th panels, this is actually succeding what Bendis tries to do. The rythm actually works. I even laughed.
Panel 5/6 take it too full on parody to work, it's too close to reality.

And that makes me angry.