>Bendis is becoming better
>Inhumans are more relatable and well written
>Cool new event
>Tv shows are the best cape on tv now
>Dr strange looks like it will reach suicide squad numbers or more

Marvel is becoming more based

>bait: the thread

>Civil War II is surprisingly good.
CWII is bar none the single worst event Marvel has ever put out.

posting in a b8 thread

>CWII is bar none the single worst event Marvel has ever put out.
It's the single most unnecessary event, but it's nowhere near as shitty as Ultimatum or Age of Ultron.

Marvel has fallen like Icarus
While DC has rose through the ashs like a Phoenix

or Fear Itself or Secret Invasion

So, Bizzaro World thread?

Ultimatum is at least fun to read in a so bad it's entertaining fashion. Age of Ultron didn't have anything happen so there really wasn't many lasting effects.
Fear Itself and Secret Invasion both lead to interesting status quos, and the events themelves, while not good, weren't mind numbingly bad.

Civil War II is worse written, it's affecting multiple characters in multiple franchises (and not in a good way), and the new status quo spinning out of it looks absolutely awful. It's a trainwreck, and not even an entertaining one at that.

Original sin still holds the title of worst event for me personally.

For real.
It is BY FAR the shittiest recent event that Marvel has done.
Civil War II does take the cake for the most creatively bankrupt one, though.

>It's the single most unnecessary event
What was Fear Itself?
What was Original Sin?
What was Age of Ultron
What was Infinity?

It's not even in the top three of most recent user.

>It's the single most unnecessary event, but it's nowhere near as shitty as [...] Age of Ultron.
As much as I hate Bendis, at least his Age of Ultron story had potential. He barely scratched the surface of that potential in favor of doing more bleak post apocalyptic world building for the first half of the story, but at least it got interesting towards the end. If anything, it should have gotten more insane as the narrative went on. Have the murder of Hank Pym by issue 2 or 3, and then you can squeeze in enough time to do have the characters visit more crazy else-worlds before the end of the story. Hell if everyworld they reach is worse than the last, Logan and Sue could end up accumulating more Time Travel buddies as the story goes on. By the end they could have enough dudes around to get a new Exiles team off the ground. That would also tie up what the hell happened to AoU Logan and Sue. They just kind of disappeared in the last issue.

>Original sin still holds the title of worst event for me personally.
At least Original Sin had some weird, out there idea to play with in the first few issues. I mean, the Orb stealing the Watchers Eye, that's pretty nutty. But it suffered from too much "Mystery OOOH!" nonsense that it never managed to make a compelling narrative. It was just guys going places for reasons they didn't understand, to find out that Fury Sr. killed the Watcher for reasons that weren't made clear all until Fury finally whispers something that we still don't know to make Thor's Hammer mad at him. And then Fury turns into the new Watcher or something, but it doesn't matter since nobody has seen him since. And also the Orb goes around with a Watcher's Eye grafted to his chest freaking people out.
Still better than Civil War II though, that's for sure.

>What was Fear Itself?
>What was Infinity?
Shouldn't have been events. Marvel just expanded what were self-contained stories the authors were doing to make more money.

So basically ... ALL events?

(not that user)
Age of Ultron wasn't that great in my eyes,
First thing: it wasn't a dystopian future in that beginning - the dialog said it was only a few days after Future Ultron attacked with a time machine.
Second thing: The whole killing Pym alt-universe timeline adventure was the main story, the whole point was that superheroes were using their time machines irresponsibly.
And at the end of the story time itself is broken ... and so now we have a Babyclops in Champions.
Third thing: Why is Wolverine the main in all of these?

>First thing: it wasn't a dystopian future in that beginning - the dialog said it was only a few days after Future Ultron attacked with a time machine.
Which is why they just should have had that part be an issue of two.

>Second thing: The whole killing Pym alt-universe timeline adventure was the main story, the whole point was that superheroes were using their time machines irresponsibly.
Exactly! That should have been the main story. And I can see what a fun idea that is. I just regret that it didn't get the same spot light the rest of the story did. Especially if they kep going back to try and fix it and kept making worse mistakes. Like instead of killing Hank Pym, the second time they just knock him out and erase him memory. So you end up in a world with Pym, but no Vision. See how that timeline plays out. I guess it's less that I enjoyed Age of Ultron, and more I could see what a fun story it could be with some tweaking.

>And at the end of the story time itself is broken ... and so now we have a Babyclops in Champions.
Age of Ultron didn't do shit. Time's always been fucked up in the Marvel Universe. Welcome to the Canonical Sliding Timeline! (Pic related)

>Third thing: Why is Wolverine the main in all of these?
Because Bendis only knows how to write about Wolverine for some reason. I know it's disappointing. That is why Bendis' Age of Ultron is more properly titled Age of Time Traveling Snikt-Bub. See if they had advertised it as that, there wouldn't be some many angry Ultron/Pym fans who felt the event was shit.

at least Fear Itself gave us Journey into Mystery

so, bizarro Sup Forums thread?
cause im sure glad that shitty Rebirth event at DC is failling, to bad theres some hacks like King kicking around
that last Vision issue was like, literally, ugh so misoginist

>2 marvel books made it into the top 10 this month
guys i think this is sarcasm not bait

When's the original wolverine and Thor coming back? Cause I dropped marvel after the "WHAT DID YOU SAY" thing

So yeah, Bizarro Sup Forums thread.

I can't wait to read the end to Civil War, and I appreciate how Marvel kept a timetable for releases that didn't give anything away.

>Civil War 2 is surprisingly good

>Dr strange looks like it will reach suicide squad numbers or more

Frankly I would consider Doctor Strange a massive failure if it doesn't beat Suicide Squad because SS didn't open in China

>or Secret Invasion

Nah, Secret Invasion was dumb but not terrible. And it gave us Dark Reign, which was a lot of fun.

b8 images thread?

That very short list is nowhere near all the events Marvel has done, even recently.

Bendis has done such a good job in recent years I hope he gets elevated to EIC of Marvel so he can continue molding their stories for decades to come.

Everyone is focused on hating the idea of a person that doesn't exist

>Civil War 2 is surprisingly good
the first line ALONE

Secret Invasion was the tail end of "Bendis as good writer." The conclusion was pretty weak, but the year-or-so-long leadup to it was genuinely interesting and good storytelling. And Dark Reign was one of the most interesting periods in modern Marvel history, so I'm willing to give that event kudos.

This is now a bait images thread