Was actually really enjoyable

Been hearing a ton of hate for this movie, watched it and was really surprised. It was super enjoyable. Why are so many people hating on this thing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/v-NqnaKtXHc?t=39s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You know what pissed me off was the football team running off the field during practice because of the rain. What the fuck kind of shit program was that?

This movie has shown me that people on Sup Forums have terrible taste. So many threads defending this embarrassment of a movie. Never taking any suggestions from yall again.

It was a modern telling of Adam and Eve.

The one based in Seattle bitch boy

That's what I'm saying numbnuts. You think any football program in the Pacific Northwest of all fucking places would cancel practice due to RAIN? Suspension of disbelief RUINED.

Again, it's in Seattle. They needed to go inside and discuss fee fees and how the rain was systematically oppressing the

Congratulations! You've unlocked Level 6 Contrarianism!

theyre paid shills

Yes...yes you fucking moron they do.

Signed - The Pacific Northwest

Light isn't supposed to be babyfaced skinnyfat numale piece of shit

As someone who lives just miles away from Seattle, people in this area barely bat an eye at rain. We are always ready for it, because it lurks around every corner. It creeps in the shadows, waiting for the opportune moment. You can never escape it. You have to stick your hand out toward the sky, every day, before you can step outside, it's a like a curse.

>Why are so many people hating on this thing

Because it's a terrible movie, and if you unironically liked it, then you are a terrible person

You're either full of shit or they've really pussied up football since my day - Pacific Northwestier

>pretentious Burienfag
I thought I'd seen everything

Light was weak and Mia was all around terrible, but I think it's a fun movie to watch. I'd rather watch it over the anime.

Put the gun down Kurt

I also like the dark and rainy Seattle atmosphere. Pretty comfy.

Do I need to watch Death Note series or any Dead Note related stuff in order to see this?

Only if you want to increase your rage

Nah. It's a loose adaption and it's made to stand alone.

if you love this film then you must really think suicide squad and BvsS is amazing
shit acting,shit plot and a annoying edgy main character , I didnt even watch the anime and saw it expecting something shit and was not dissapointed
>netflix original movies ever being good

>>>>reddit

I enjoyed it, too, OP. Most of the hate is just shitposting and trollb8ing.

No, you don't, user. There are differences between the previous stuff and this movie.

nat wolff is the main reason i watched this movie.

I LOVE YOU NAT WOLFF!

Willem Dafoe was based but everything else can fuck off

Was anyone else happy when Mia died?

i'm glad she died. she's a psychopath. the director said that mia is not based on anime misa but based on the psychopath side of anime light.

what put me off was the music. what a horrendous choice for a soundtrack

This

Snoop Bitch is a punk

I'm tired of Sup Forums's mentality of trying to outcontrarian each other.

>contrarian calling non-contrarians contrarians

kek

>tfw when the movie is actually pretty good and these threads are always full of contrarians that haven't even watched the film, hitting it with strawmen criticism.

>it's "I'm contrarian and say that shitty X movie is actually great for replies" thread

You need to watch this before the main series since the movie is an important piece of a prequel to the manga.

it's only good as unintentional comedy. It's basically Dragon Ball evolution tier.

Turning Light into a wimpy little dork instead of a jock-genius-chad, removing the cat-and-mouse game between L and Light, the awful romance subplot for no reason, and Ryuk actively working against Light. All garbage.

while most of the "hate" are from contrarians just contrarianing, some are from butthurt anime wiggers who wanted a 100% copy of the japanese live-action movie of death note. just watch the jap movie, wigger.

And yet nothing I said is untrue. If you make changes, do it to make it better.

If the Note can cause people to succeed at nearly impossible things (making the girl drop the page so it lands in a fire neither of them knew of), why can't he just kill someone and add "fires a gun into the air, ultimately killing the man known as L"?

Because its fucking great. I cant stress this enough, the movie is deep and has amazing writing,acting,traditional effects and a decent plot. Its the best fucking movie of 2017, problem is that the faggots dont understand that its a flick that stands on its own. They expected a 1 = 1 adaption but Netflix went even further, let me explain.

Original Light is how he views himself. He thinks he is nihilistic,smart, handsome and righteous. The original work is viewed from Lights perspective, this is the most important part here.

Movie Light is how he actually IS. Its we, the viewers who see him now. We see Light objectively while Original version clouds our view with his bias and narcissism. This means that Light is portrayed in a sorry state like most emotionally distressed people are. Its realistic and gritty portrayal.

The movie is amazing once you realize what Netflix wanted to do. Its a shame that most people arent smart enough nor do know the original material well enough

and they did make it better.

what you don't realize is its actually the third reboot of fantastic four

>Movie Light is how he actually IS
But original light was how original light was, an all around excellent student, great at sports and extremely bored with life.

Original Light spent half the series struggling and failing to find L's name, while Netflix Light was seconds away from finding it with a single Note entry. What did they mean by this?

I prefer what the director did separating anime Light into good movie Light and psycho movie Mia. The ending is much more satisfying.

The Death Note can't do physically impossible things like a shark attack while target is sitting on toilet. The page landing on fire was not planned by either of them.

This is probably c/p but, the main point is correct.

This movie is squeezing hundreds of manga chapters into 90 minutes. Light Turner is what any basically decent person will realize Light Yagami is by the end of the manga, without the good looks, money and bravado to mask his true nature.

>The page landing on fire was not planned by either of them

??? Light literally writes that the page will fall on fire on the note.

Oh. I must have missed that. Maybe he knew a fire will result from the explosion.

Anyway, a gust of wind pushing the page so that it falls into a fire is within the realm of possibility similar to the sequence of events that led to a ladder decapitating that boy.

As for firing gun into air, if L was within the bullet's normal range then it's possible but if he's in another city then that would fall into shark-in-toilet-bowl territory and would violate the rules.

Also, I don't think Light plans to kill L. So far the only ones whose name he's listed are evil people. He had no intention to kill L's mentor. It's Mia who's willing to kill anyone like the FBI agents. I think Light planned to use L's name to bluff/blackmail L into backing off.

>The Death Note can't do physically impossible things like a shark attack while target is sitting on toilet. The page landing on fire was not planned by either of them.

Fuck you for making me open this movie again to double check

1:30:50; he writes in her entry that the page is "ultimately consumed by fire." with no specifics. It wasn't physically impossible for her to drop the page in just the right way that it drifts into the nearest fire, but it's improbable to the point that she could not have done if she intended to with her own abilities. This Death Note is capable of making people utilize knowledge they don't have and skills they don't possess.

>Maybe he knew a fire will result from the explosion.
The fire barrel was clearly not related to the "explosion."

>As for firing gun into air, if L was within the bullet's normal range then it's possible
If he wrote that someone successfully kills L in this way, it would happen. If L was in a different city, then the person would go to that city.

>into shark-in-toilet-bowl territory and would violate the rules.
This rule doesn't even mean anything. Light wrote that the Ferris wheel would "mysteriously collapse" and a fucking demon showed up and used magic to make it happen.

>"ultimately consumed by fire"

Ah. I was confused by your previous post because the holder of the Death Note only specifies the name of the target and how that target dies and your saying (in your previous post) that Light wrote that the page will fall into fire is not in line with that. Now I understand. The "ultimately consumed by fire" refers to how Mia will die not to the page burning in fire. Since Mia had the page then the page will also burn. What you write in the Death Note is just the name and how they will die (like electrocution, etc).

>Light wrote that the Ferris wheel would "mysteriously collapse" and a fucking demon showed up and used magic to make it happen.

Ryuk uses magic in all the deaths. What the rule means is that it shouldn't be something physically impossible like a large shark coming out of a toilet bowl to eat a target. It's physically possible for a ferris wheel to collapse. People investigating will be able to come up with several theories how it happened but not with a shark coming out of a toilet bowl. I guess that's Ryuk's intention with that rule so that people will accept the accidental death as an accident, a very weird accident but something that they can accept as happening normally as opposed to the shark-coming-out-of-toilet scenario which will make people wonder if magic is involved.

improbable yes, magic yes. but the point of the rule is not to make people suspect a demon is involved. so all the deaths may be improbable but they will think they're just megafreak accidents.

Haven't seen the movie, but from what I've heard Light Turner isn't a narcissistic maniac by the end.

Light was such a pussy, he should have just died and let Mia take over.

>Why are so many people hating on this thing

Because it's not exactly like the original comic, like the five other times it's been adapted so far

>The "ultimately consumed by fire" refers to how Mia will die

But that isn't anything like how she died!!! I don't know why I'm bothering responding to you when you're arguing when you don't remember any of the basic details of the movie

>not to the page burning in fire

Here is the line:

"Mia Stutton is killed when she accepts the Death Note from her boyfriend. As the Northwest Ferris Wheel mysteriously collapses, she pulls the page with my name on it from the note and it is ultimately consumed by fire. Although her boyfriend lands safely in the water, Mia strikes the shoreline, dying instantly."

>What you write in the Death Note is just the name and how they will die (like electrocution, etc).

And as demonstrated by the ending, just about anything else you want to happen as long as it is related to the person. . Hell, Light even specifies he "lands safely" and it happens.

i would have hated the movie if that happened.

the edges. they're full of rust.

>Hey bros, thanks for joining my stream of me reacting to the death note movie AHHHH THAT WAS SCARY, did you see me scream haha?!

Reminder that this is what passes for acting in a big budget movie

It was shit no matter how many threads you make about it.

>Here is the line:

We're talking about different things regarding "line" then. I'm referring to what is actually written on the Death Note (the name and a few words describing manner of death) while you're referring to what is being narrated/described by someone not what is actually written. He's not reading what's written on the Death Note. He's narrating what happened afterwards.

I really liked it and i also like the original IT

his acting was great. you're just trollb8ing. here's your (you), user.

it's not shit. you're also trollb8ing. here's a (you) for (you).

I know you're baiting, but his "terror" at seeing Ryuk was fucking awful
>I'll just smile and scream, that's what fear is right?

either you're b8ing or you're autistic

this bitch took the "Daisy ridley" course of acting. His blond dyie makes my blood boil too

>He's not reading what's written on the Death Note. He's narrating what happened afterwards.

You're fucking with me. Did all the shots of him writing looking at the Kira Website as he narrated what the criminals would do not make sense to you?

Do you think they just mixed in him saying the things WE SEE WRITTEN ONSCREEN with unrelated things in the same sentence just to confuse things?

I'm not responding to you again, go watch the last few minutes of the movie again if it's really that confusing to you.

Why did he kill pedophiles?

>Did all the shots of him writing looking at the Kira Website as he narrated what the criminals would do not make sense to you?

we see him writing name then just one word "electrocution" and then he narrates what actually happens. are you new to watching movies?

>I'm not responding to you again

lmao you've just realized your mistake and just pretending

because you are a disgusting cancer on the face of the earth.

Wow, you're right, the doc keeping him in a coma for days and the other dude deliver a notebook he's never seen before to a person he doesn't know is all just a huge coincidence and not what was written in the notebook, you huge fucking retard.

Stop responding to shitposters.

youtu.be/v-NqnaKtXHc?t=39s
Yagami was never a bitch like this

so why did they turn light into a fucking bitch?

is this how you appeal to american audiences? you make every good main character into a loser?

It's a Hollywood trend that has bee, going on for a while. Female characters are systematically smart independent, stronk and fearless. Male characters are dumb, weak and cowardly. It's called demoralization.

I feel like the movie was marketed specifically to edgy whiny teens
>For no reason light has tumblr hair
>He's a loner in high school who thinks he's a lot smarter than he really is
>He gets beat up for trying to stand up to a bully
>His first kill is literally a bully
>He hates his dad for not killing his moms murderer, which best case would result in his dad getting arrested, or worst case both him and his dad would get fucking murdered by the rest of the mob
I mean he's just all around unlikeable unless you're an edgy whiny cunt like him

Why didn't they give Light his cute imouto?

>She got mind broken
Sad

Pretty much this.

Death Note is a really bad movie, but despise its many flaws, it wasn't unwatchable, unlike "fun flicks" like Suicide Squad.
I'm just gonna greentext everything I hated about it:
>Light was corrupted before he found the Death Note (homework cheating)
>He was the only student having detention
>The movie never really adressed Light's ascent to godhood
>Light finds the Death Note, and decides to show it, which is a fucking stupid thing to do
>Light and L as opposing masterminds doesn't gain the rivalry respect for one another that they should have
>L is horribly miscast - Diversity over accuracy!
>L is made into an emotional little bitch
>Ryuk just looks weird
>Light doesn't gain the comradery with Ryuk like he should have
>Ryuk is just an oppositional taunting ass instead of the pseudo-mentor he's supposed to be
>Ending sucked, no closure, no result
>Ferris wheel thing wasn't believable
>After using the Death Note for a log time, he underestimates its accuracy and writes Mia's name in it like it'll just never happen

I understand this movie was suppised to be its own thing, but these are things I found quintessential