Was this show ahead of its time?

Was this show ahead of its time?

It was proto-reddit the show. Most episodes were unfunny and relied on hamfisted pop culture references.

it's comfy desu desu

You're being too kind.
The show was complete and utter rubbish, and never should've seen the light of day!

Very of its time which makes it seem ahead of its time when compared with most shows which are painfully behind the times.

The only thing i remember from this show is the joke about no one knowing what "Kafkaesque" meant.I still don't know what it means.

The episode about "The Real World" was pretty meta.....and it had a song by Cake as the intro so that's a +1

www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6f3SmfZSII

Kafkaesque is bureaucracy nightmare mode. random evil shit happens to you because the universe hates you and the whole thing feels like a weird fever dream where nothing is fair and you're constantly powerless and losing your sense of self.

hated this show

Sounds like it's just normal life.

Psuedo intellectual: the show, covered with a layer of irony and 90s slacker and pessimist attitude. It's basically what and said. It had a couple laughs I guess. That being said, if it somehow came out for the first time now and on Netflix, it would be huge.

i have never herd of it so it can't be any good

One of my favourite shows of that era.

Andy's rant about how he was led to believe his generation was rejecting the system so he slacked off while everyone else progressed probably rang true to a lot of people later on.

no it was the dude. perfect in its time.

if you had been born yould know this. go back to plebbit.

This show is so Reddit to me

So was Clone High USA

Beavis and Butthead was truly Sup Forums

>mfw finally turned Andy's age recently
>my life isn't so different

>Was this show ahead of its time?

It was OF it's time. I mean, I wasn't a young adult in the 90s, but I think Mission Hill really shows what it's like then.

t. redditor

The Simpsons had almost no teenagers or 20-somethings

it's kids, middle age people, or old people.

Bill & Josh made a show with only 20-somethings, and it was awful it was awful

TV shouldn't have any characters younger than 40. And no women.

>The Simpsons had almost no teenagers or 20-somethings

Bart and Lisa are basically teens or twenty somethings depending on the storylines

I BELIEVE THIS MEME IMAGE WAS CIRCUITOUSLY INSPIRED BY MISSION HILL

It's extremely comfy and mellow. It evokes/encapsulates the 90s in a way for other pieces of media can.

I don't think it was ahead of it's time i just think it was too specific of a demographic in a time where everything on tv was much broader

Too corny if a lil comfy. The Oblongs was much much better and should not have been cancelled so soon.
Undergrads was worse than Mission Hill in every respect but actually more comfy somehow.

NEGATIVE, NOT COST EFFECTIVE, TERMINATE SELF