/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

Americana edition

pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Meanwhile

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zXhKSssqNUg
youtube.com/watch?v=bUFWXpYJKaI
alternativenation.net/twin-peaks-julee-cruise-calls-finale-slap-face-emperor-david-lynch/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i cant believe i got lynched this fucking badly

David Lynch is a pseudo-intellectual.

So what happened to Donna and why didn't the mention her at all in season 3?

MAKE MORE EPS RIGHT FUCKING NOW

The absolute fucking shanty town that is reddit

>It (Judy) is in our house now.
>It all cannot be said aloud now.
>Remember 430 (miles).
>Richard and Linda.
>Two birds with one stone.
>You are far away.

>cooper defending a women from being touched by rednecks is out of character

lol ok

>Laura was attacked

>Before she died she dreamed

>She dreamed a life

>Cooper helped wake her up from her dream

>By waking up it killed her

>Cooper's face when Laura tells him he killed her

Vedder is Transcendent Truth

This final episode was for the fans of Inland Empire and Lost Highway. I am blessed.

>There is a world that is sleeping and you must guard against it.
>For by the sword I mean the dual nature.
>For by the word I mean animal life.

CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT OUR GUY RAY WAS LITERALLY A GOOD GUY THIS WHOLE TIME?

HE TOLD GORDON ABOUT MR C WANTING THE COORDINATES.

TRICKED YA FUCKER!
R
I
C
K
E
D

Did anyone else notice how uneasy this shot felt? It made me think of the Evolution of The Arm for some reason

because she was the shittiest character

If Judy has entered the White Lodge, does that mean the world is fucked?

/ourguy/

>Did Miss Judy check in?

Explain this is Judy is actually JAU-DAI. Lynch went full Lucas with these two eps.

not canon

superimposed coop is the sickest shit of all time.

Post more milf Laura

>feds
>good

>literally everyone but Laurafags got BTFO

DAVIDDD

Forget about trying to decipher exactly what "happened", exactly what everything "means"

What I'm left with is a sense of finality and tragedy

Laura can't be saved; at that moment when she turned her back on love to save James' life, she crossed the threshold. Coop bent reality itself to bring her back, but nothing can bring her back. Just when we were about to get her back, she vanished into the mist again.

And that fucking hurts.

quick rundown on cruisepill?

how so?

is sarah palmer the little girl in the 50s?

It really makes you think but unironically.

It was a good shot. You could feel the looming finality for sure.

The Missing Pieces aren't canon?

Carrie a QT

>>It (Judy) is in our house now.

It looked like Judy was chasing Cooper.

youtu.be/zXhKSssqNUg

so dude in a suit is really called richard and the twin peaks universe was all his delusion?

fucking great finale

>>It all cannot be said aloud now.
Just like when Jeffries all of a sudden couldn't talk about Judy.

She's a dumb whore who ruined everything around her

Musicians are mentally unstable.

>confronting the klan

Sounds pretty badass to me.

post VASTLY under utilized characters

youtube.com/watch?v=bUFWXpYJKaI
I wish that I could turn back time
because now the guilt is all mine

Who cares?

>Cooper: Phillip?
>Phillip: Please, be specific
>Cooper: The date, February 23rd, 1989
>Phillip: I'll find it for ya
>Phillip: It's slippery in here
>Phillip: It's good to see you again, Cooper
>Phillip: Say hello to Gordon if you see him
>Phillip: He'll remember the unofficial version(???)
>Phillip: This is where you find Judy
>Phillip: There may be someone
>Phillip: Did you ask me this?

>Phillip: Cooper remember...
>MIKE: ELECTRICITY
What exactly did they mean by this?

>it was all a dream
>coop used to read word up magazine

I've seen a million different interpretations to the final scene that all seem equally plausible

>We never even saw Billy

>Richard and Linda weren't even Richard or Linda.

>everything to do with Audrey

Naido being the real Diane was the only satisfactory twist.

she had to bear a lot of pain, and in the end she did the right thing

she saved james by sending him away, and she refused to let Bob possess her like he wanted to

she received her just reward in heaven

coop face shows up with bobe and fully fades when he kisses diane. I don't know dude i'm just reporting like my favorite twin peaks character Cyril pons

oh jesus

So simple but such a great and unnerving fucking trick.

Are you retarded by any chance? Literally a scene was shown of a world where she wasn't dead. The final shot pretty much implies that she wakes up at home. The other likely interpretation is that she's the hope to fight against JUDY. There nothing tragic about any of these interpretation brain let.

Anyone else fucking scared shitless from the ending? Like what if there is a black lodge equivalent in our world? Holy fuck I'm scared you guys.

>It's slipper in here

yfw Lynch got Bowie's corpse and greased it up to put inside the tea pot to film those scenes to give true authenticity, based Lynch is a kino master

Do you want more TP? If so, what format?

strawpoll.me/13857084

>donna was irrelevant
>shelly is still the same 25 years later, jumping from bad boy while raising a daughter terribly
>audrey only exists to further the dream metaphor, completely irrelevant besides showing she's nutty now

The only other girl who got a remotely decent end was Norma.

Why would you feel the need to "confront" somebody who disagrees with you? This would be like if I went up to every Jew and started yelling at them while people heeped praise on me for it.

this was the most confused I was watching the episode.

Care to unwrap this friend

>literally a Beatles rip off
>weebs think this is anything but lazy hack Japs trying to make money on children's cartoons

To the people who might have been confused by the end or think there's plot inconsistencies, while I won't go into any theories specifically or deny and criticism. I think it's important to understand several parallels drawn by David Lynch and where he took inspiration from to truly get what he was going for. I'm not going to explain any theory in and of itself, but I will try to lay a general line of thinking out on the table. There's a clear inspiration taken by Lynch from a certain genre of anime, in particular the likes of Angel Beats (2010) and Charlotte (2015). Both heavily criticized for doing the exact same thing Twin Peaks did but it really does all fit together well if you're of an high IQ enough to understand and appreciate this type of story. I know this might come of as unbelievable but there's many similarities here and if you want a less complex version that might help you understand the Season 3 Finale of Twin Peaks I think it's best to have seen the aforementioned shows. They might be a little rough, and things might seem odd. But that's exactly why it compares so well to Twin Peaks. You can see, going from the first to the second show the time that has passed in real time reflects within the show itself. It's a rollercoaster ride much like Twin Peaks was (is? season 4?) and will likely help you answer many of the problems you might have had with the ending of the third season of Twin Peaks. They're diamonds in the rough. But at the end of the day you can better understand Lynch as a person, a creator if you have seen the works so brilliantly parodied by him.

If you've got 10 hours of free time you can understand Twin Peaks just so much better by consuming these 2 shows. Thank me later.

just choose whichever one you like the most and go with it my guy

but you said everyone

>windows on a mac
fake and gay

>Phillip: He'll remember the unofficial version(???)
Oh shit, is this why that other user was saying Gordon would remember the original timeline or something?

Admittedly my first thought on hearing the line was the disparity between FWWM and TMP's version of the Jeffries encounter.

>all those fucking plotlines that went nowhere
>dude it was all a dream lmao

tree and the top of the light is the arm.....

>disagrees with you
Or, in this case, wants to literally LYNCH you

alternativenation.net/twin-peaks-julee-cruise-calls-finale-slap-face-emperor-david-lynch/

definitely a time trick since they kiss and both look at the clock and it's not moving. all this to coop's face implying that a version of himself is frozen in the moment a la when someone gets picked to the lodge (?)

True kino. In the end, we're faced again the the mystery, and Laura's painful fury.

Didn't think there were many anons ITT hot for a 70 year old but I could be wrong

also forgot about Gersten being BTFO as well

WE LIVE INSIDE A DREAM

David Lynch is the Donald Trump of film makers

Yeah except the KKK aren't, like, an interest group or something.

I think you are the brainlet. They were clearly in a dream world you knucklehead. I don't think Cooper actually changed the past, why would the Janey-E scene be there? Why would they have frantically hugged Dougie if those events never happened? (They couldn't possibly happen if Laura Palmer never died). The point is the past scene wasn't what you think it was.

>that scene of Pete finally getting to go fishing
I haven't seen anyone else mention it but I nearly cried it was beautiful. A great tribute for Jack Nance.

/ourguy/

What's badass is the old black guy who's been making friends with KKK members for decades trying to get them to leave the klan and see the error of their ways. Some nog going up to a bunch of klan members and being all like 'ayo hole up' isn't badass, it's just a nice picture for a newspaper headline.

So he's /ourguy/?

WHAT DID IT MEAN

you aren't making any fucking sense.

>plebs don't realize the mystery is the best part of twin peaks

ending was great

Richard wanted to eat out Judy

Kool Aid is a human right. She was probably a Nazi anyway.

David Lynch is a faggot.

>every time Cooper tries to help Laura he just makes things worse
>every time we demand Lynch make more Twin Peaks he makes Laura's life worse

You mean like how Jews want to ethnically cleanse western countries of white people? Should I confront pic related? Should I drive to NY and start screaming at the black Israelites? Would I be praised like a kid in the retard olympics?

I don't get the people reacting this way to the ending.
This is child's play compared to Evangelion or the Prisoner's ending

fuck it, that face cuts to coop and diane. I dunno man here's rod.

It wasn't all a dream, just most of episode 18. I bet you're one of those retards who thought they were dead all along in Lost even though everything on the island actually happened and they were only dead in the season 6 flash sideways

>one ok nog
>whole race is great, see your errors
yeah, mhm...

>25 years later sheryl lee can still scream like an 80s horror queen

He's part nigger (look at the nose), so not surprising.

This. It makes you think we are all just pieces in a chess game between greater beings.

The GOAT?

>Literally a scene was shown of a world where she wasn't dead.
And even then she still couldn't go back, she couldn't undo what had happened to her

>The final shot pretty much implies that she wakes up at home
that's a fuckin stretch

>The other likely interpretation is that she's the hope to fight against JUDY

i don't disagree, but that would have to wait for season 4, it clearly didn't happen here.