>one guy is stuck-up beta faggot
>the other is a complete douche
>they both treat her like shit
>she always picks one of them, and never realizes that she can do better

>one or more male leads
>female lead is shoehorned in long after the show started

>two male leads
>one female lead
>male lead #1 never makes a move at all or even hints at wanting more than platonic friendship
>male lead #2 does, and gets the girl
>male lead #1 doesn't seem to mind, she wasn't "his" girl to begin with
>fandom expected male lead #1 to get the girl, and is still butthurt about it over a decade later
Name the show.

You poor lonely thirsty motherfucker.

Not at all, actually. I'm just sick of seeing this incredibly boring and predictable cliche all the time.

is it anime?

>nothing but female leads
>lesbian undertones almost every scene
>end of season/show
>suddenly male love interest for all the girls

Maybe in the past. I feel like with the modern progressive movement you'll start to eventually see homosexual couples in cartoons.

Nah, OP's right. It gets old, especially if they get together solely because they're the leads and not form any chemistry between them or sensible plot reasons.

OP isn't talking about absent chemistry, that's your own addition. He's just salty that there's a fictional male spending a lot of time around a fictional female causing bonds to form, which is something he can't relate to in his own life.

Doin' a bit of projecting there, bud?

someone get user an armchair.

real life

Only if the romance is shoehorned in. I'm a sucker for it if it's done relatively well.

However
>it's a love triangle series
Fuck love triangles, get threesomes.

personally I think this kind of thing doesn't really age, its been used since time immemorial, and whil probably outlive us. it would "get old" about as much as simple things like "hero vs villian" or "people make friends". like the heros journey, its the not so much a cliche as it is simply a writing tool, only as good or bad as the one using it. indeed it has persisted for so long because something about 2 leads getting together that resounded amongst people from different times ir different places. while you are entitled to the valid belief that you have seen it too much, do understand that most people actually do prefer it, despite or even because of, how stable such a tool is

lmao

How am I projecting if seeing people who spend all their time in each other's company hook up doesn't bother me and does bother him?

It takes a special kind of person to think a universal component of the human condition is "cliché" and "predictable".

You always see that one asshole on the internet who complains "why does every show/movie have to have a romance subplot?" or something similar and they always say the same thing about why it bothers them, it's forced, it's unnecessary, they just want to see stuff without love stories interjected in them...but it's the world's most common form of happy ending for a reason.

it's a universal experience, an essential element of human life.

You, me, and they themselves know why they're really bothered by it. It's because they've managed to squeeze themselves out of everyone else's universe and don't get to have all the common human experiences that TV shows capture, so they think "I've seen it a million times but I don't recognize it as important, so to me it's an unwanted cliché."

See, now this guy gets it.

He just said it in a way that doesn't call OP an autistic faggot.

>the two leads are related
>shipping intensifies

I'm going to go on a limb here and guess you've taken a couple hits or got shouted at for saying stupid shit before.

see? now we're even!

you wasted yourself on some retarded explanation nobody wanted based on a nil assumption you made up.

let that sit in.

>he doesn't want Starco

Harry Potter?

I know it's a book, but it's all I can think of.

OP here, got exactly what I was talking about right.

On another note, in response to, , I actually don't, I'd rather see him end up with Jackie or Janna instead.

I absolutely agree with this. Unfortunately, that's very, very seldom done these days, mostly they just go with "they're friends, I guess that chemistry?"

Starco is for plebs. Tomco is the truly patrician ship.

Are there any mediums with two female leads?

>Beast Wars
>All the romance took place between secondary characters

Loved that.

It's naruto but it doesn't even fucking matter because all the characters were shit and they all had zero chemistry. I don't get why shipers were butthurt when those characters were godawful. Especially fucking sakura, you could have replaced her with a blowup doll and gotten the same result.

There's no way it could possibly ever be that. Biggest reason of all being that the post said fans are still upset a decade later, when Naruto only ended a year or two ago.

>Main character has an obvious love interest
>they get together at the end
>Fandom still riots

>the two lead characters are a male and a female
>they have great chemistry and generally would look fantastic together
>they never get together
>they meet up years later and both visibly regret never being with one another, but don't say anything and split again, this time forever

The character relationships miss half the points in their the post or are the opposite, the fandom part is wrong, and the timeline is off.

I'd say Harry Potter's a better fit but it isn't a show.

I love that shit. Even better is if the series continues with them as a couple.

It's great, but only if it's done right, which it unfortunately never seems to be and is just tacked on.

im still mad about that

>multiple male leads
>heroine always ends up with the most attractive one

>MC has a love interest
>MC's love interest is interested back
>MC's love interest gets a new rival
>MC's love interest gets a 3rd rival
>MC's love interest gets a 4th rival
>MC develops a relationship with all the different rivals
>Intro new character that happens to be gay
>MC now gay and goes off with NC

>mfw all the salt flows

Can't be Naruto because male lead #1 got a better girl.

>one male, one female
>one is optimistic, happy and maybe slightly naive
>the other is sarcastic and/or cynic
>will they, won't they
bonus if they belong to enemy fractions

if that means being a pleb, so be it

>Enemy fractions
It's going to be pretty damn hard if they can't reciprocate.

You chumps, he's talking about Zutara.

> What are raging hormones

>Two characters outright fucking hate each other, and shares no chemistry, or even slight hints at them maybe having a thing for each other
>Gets shipped with each other more than anything

>two male characters are friends
>five million clickbaits about how they should be gay

I'll take What Is Dave Strider.

Name them.

But fujoshits are retarded and the worst part of any group. Only someone with brain demage would call it good.

QFT

Supernatural fanbase should get burned alive

Although Zuko isn't one of two male leads, never shall I EVER understand that ship. It makes zero sense, has no ground in the canon, and is just plain dumb.

Did TLA really end a decade ago? Now I feel old....

Hate fucking is the only reason to ship characters like that. It makes it hotter.

A little over eight years ago, user may be exaggerating a bit. Also I would argue that Zuko was the co-lead of that show from season 2 on.

>character says they are not a homosexual
>fanbase refuses to accept this

Who are they, Sup Forums?

Adventure time

People need to fucking chill.

Dude it was going to be canon actually look it up. the end of the book 2 is what started the ship tho

kek

what indication is there that Bonny and Marcy aren't gay/bi?

The proof that the show has given us is that marceline had a boyfriend and PB used to date a guy too.

gay they are not and there is no evidence saying that they are bisexual.

>female lead and male best friend
>Doesn't get with male despite having chemistry because he's already got a wife/lover
not sure how to feel about this.

>no evidence saying that they are bisexual

youtube.com/watch?v=vLyGQnKMeLU

If this isn't a breakup song, then what is?

I need to know.

Also I wished that Kim Possible went that route. Instead they got together in the end because ???

Didnt Rebecca write that song after a bad breakup too?

You are a liar and a blackguard, it was never intended to be canon and Zutarans were already insufferably ubiquitous among the Avatar fandom well before the season 2 finale.

its great because its unexpected.

yep. ignoring chemistry and blowing off a story route is great because some hipsters think its unexpected.

sigh.

Eventually?

>the two lead characters are a male and a male
>they get together in the end

Being in a relationship makes you like shoehorned romance?

Having never been in a relationship is what makes you think romances are "shoehorned".

I don't think all romances are shoehorned, I just assumed OP was complaining about romance between a male and a female being inevitable regardless of whether it's fleshed out or they're even a good match for each other.

DIGIMON

the pain doesnt go away

If he didn't want to sound bitterly opposed to romance in general, maybe his post should've been more than two sentences long.

i dont see the problem, conservation of detail means that the ones who spend the most time together are the ones most likely to end up together, especially since them ending up with people we've never seen always looks like an asspull

Yeah, it's too predictable and obvious at this point

muh negro with exquisite taste

Correct, that's exactly what I was talking about.

Name the show were this happened

>cartoon with anthropomorphic animals
>a female is of the same species as the male lead
>gee, i wonder if they get together at the end

>The two lead characters are a male and a female
>They have great chemistry and generally would look fantastic together
>They do end up together
>Then one of them dies

Name one instance where this happens.

Fuck you man.
I was over it, and you just brought me back.

Or maybe you shouldn't project so hard

That's not what "projecting" means. Projecting is when you are a thing so you accuse other people of being that thing. This is the direct opposite.

dont worry, we are hard at work making sure every character has an optimal pairing

You're implying that I think you're in a relationship though

>"He-he's not my boyfriend!"

This is why I thank God for Sega never allowing Sonic and Amy to get together

>Show has epilogue after they get together
>Daughters look exactly like female lead
>Sons look exactly like male lead

That is not how genetics work.

This hurts me Everytime.

>two characters have to pretend to be dating/being married/together for whatever reason
>there's no romance between them and nothing but a stronger friendship results

Would you rather have the Daughter's look exactly like the Male Lead?

You forgot the part where the boy has the same color hair as the mother and the girl has the same color hair as the father.

The most hilariously ironic part comes in when you find out the creator of Digimon deliberately didn't put Tai and Sora together precisely BECAUSE he wanted to avoid the typical Main Guy x Main Girl ending

>son/daughter doesn't look identical to the father
>'he got cucked!'