>Culmination of the entire MCU, stretching across over 20 movies
>Hundred million budget, at least
>Two part, 3+ hour run time
>Climactic battle in space against the ultimate evil
>Ending arc to the plots of dozens of characters
>7/10

Why is the Mouse so arrogant?

Other urls found in this thread:

bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2017/03/01/dan-cathy-pinewood-atlanta-studios-hosting.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Non of the things you listed have anything to do with making the film good. Its the details that make the film not "it wraps up some story lines and is really long"

Real arrogance is trying to will a similar "cinematic universe" into existence without the caution and positive reception the mouse had. How many have come and gone now, with a couple others limping on with one hit and some flops?

I'm not going to see it

You know mouse shill

why black widow got white hair?

The point is that it's a climactic conclusion that is in all likelihood going to be forgettable and bland.

Scarlett has been making those movies for a long time now.

>>Hundred million budget, at least
Step your game up son, it's unironically $500M

SURE THING

>Hundred million budget, at least

Nigga are you high?

Just RDJ's salary ALONE for both films is $200 million.

Jesus. He is not even so relevant anymore

It's $500 mill for EACH half. It's a billion dollars for both.

All the others except the DCEU which is financially sound even though that triggers Sup Forums

His contract was up and he threatened to walk unless they gave him a massive raise for Infinity War.

Ended up working and he's walking away with the biggest payday for an actor in history. Almost a quarter billion.

How could it not be? The MCU as a whole is forgettable and bland.

If RDJ is as smart as I think he is he's going out with Infinity War. It's best to leave at the top of your game and the MCU will never have a high like Infinity War again

He dies. One of the main reasons is they were furious that he held out for such a huge paycheck.

Holy fuck imagining making the GDP of South Sudan for fucking around with your friends and reciting quips written by hacks.

>It's $500 mill for EACH half

It would have to make 2bil to be profitable if that were true

>Is the Mouse so arrogant?

Actually more. Don't forget marketing

Yes.

>bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2017/03/01/dan-cathy-pinewood-atlanta-studios-hosting.html

>Pinewood Atlanta Studios is currently hosting a film with the largest production budget ever, Chick-fil-A CEO and Pinewood Atlanta Studios co-owner Dan Cathy announced at an African American Film Critics Association luncheon Feb. 28.

>"We now have on the lot down there now the largest film production ever with a $1 billion budget," Cathy said.

>Due to studio agreements Cathy could not name the film, but Marvel's "Avengers: Infinity War" and its sequel are filming back-to-back at Pinewood.

>The film's budget is considerably higher than 2009's "Avatar," whose budget was $425 million, according to The Numbers.

You're telling me RDJ could buy a country?

If that's true, it's insane. And I doubt the Mouse is that insane.

Well so could Mayweather after the McGregor fight. He made $350 million after the ppv money was added up.

two avengers movies can make two billion box office, yeah probably.

be the home media and merchandise on top that will really make it worth the investment for the mouse.

Just one actor is making $200 mill for both films so I don't know why you guys are so surprised the budget hit $1 billion for the two.

Technically, yeah. I mean it would be an awful idea though

No just one film would have to make two billion if production alone was 500mil

no it's more like seven billion.

and homecoming was a flop!

Both halves were shot together in one go and then split in half. The budget for the whole thing was $1 billion dollars. The most expensive in history.

Don't be a retard user. That doesn't include marketing

This is why LOTR hired mostly "literally who's?" for the main cast

I want a tv show about the megacorporation who makes costumes for both heroes and villains (even Thanos).

That shit looks like it comes from the exact same factory.

>it's an the new exec at Clothes4U tries to push his weird rubber helmet idea and even gets Captain America to wear it but is then fired, not because it fucking sucks, but because it's a little too different from the usual product from the company episode

Not difficult.

Literally every other human being with access to a cinema is going to watch both movies when they come out. It's legitimately the culmination of 10 years of cinema, infinity war isn't even a movie at this point, it's simply a cultural event. Like the moon landing or the trump election.

so twenty-seven billion?

>Like the moon landing

Let's not go nuts

>Like the moon landing or the trump election.

kek

but yeah, it's not quite the same level but the same sort of thing as TFA, when that came out it was as much about the event of being a new star wars movie than the movie itself, or Avatar with all the 3d hype.

All of them except the DCEU which is proportionally as successful than Marvel or even more

*as Marvel

I think you're overestimating it
90% of normies haven't heard of infinity wars and will go 'oh is this the new avengers movie? Number 2 wasn't as good so this one'll problem be even worse' and go on with their lives.

You forget that we live in the age of click bait and that people eat that shit up for some reason.

>10 reasons why Avengers: Infinity War is going to be unlike any other Marvel movie

It's literally the #1 most hyped movie coming to cinemas bar avatar 2. Every normie and con goer is waiting to see it.

Jut try and name one upcoming movie with more hype and word of mouth behind it than infinity war. I'll wait.

normies don't even think about Marvel movies in terms of quality, they watch them out of habit and to have stuff to talk with other normies abot. saying that any Marvel movie is "not that good" is frowned upon in normie circles. as user said, those are events, not just movies

They need something to have an excuse to go to theaters for or to have conversations about their trips to theaters to see at work. They don't discuss the film.

It's fucking retarded, Widow, Hawkeye, Iron-Nigger and flying nigger wouldn't do a jack shit against Thanos, he could wipe them the fuck out with precision never seen before.

Last MARVEL movie I've seen was Civil War and that left me so sour I am never going to see another capeshit unless it's Snyder.

What's Visions power when he loses the mind stone or whatever fucking stone he has?

>Literally every other human being with access to a cinema is going to watch both movies when they come out. It's legitimately the culmination of 10 years of cinema, infinity war isn't even a movie at this point, it's simply a cultural event. Like the moon landing or the trump election
>this is what marlets believe

frozen 2

that got cancelled

not him but I don't know any normie that doesn't watch Marvel movies, and I don't even live is America

What sort of cultural or historical event would have to happen in order to change normies' approach to life and kill this fad already? I noticed that nowadays people are all about nostalgia, pretty much any project that's unknown to masses due to lack of brand recognition is doomed to fail no matter whether it's good or not. I'm not a psychiatrist but I'm very curious why exactly XXI century made people so fucking nostalgic.

>dude lets establish a cinematic universe but instead of building each character up, lets just focus on one and then kill him so he's absent for most of the film lmao

Everyone is afraid of the future because they'll lose their job or get nuked

If people become optimistic they will look forward to new things, not back at the past

times post 9/11 are shit. we no longer have our safe western countries, now we have terror attacks every few weeks, are aware of corrupted politicians that go unpunished, massive goverment invigilation we can't do anything about, we're basically owned by corporations that are above the law, with year we have to work more for less pay. world is shite, we basically live in a dystopian cyberpunk reality but without all cool cyborg shit, no wonder we're looking for things that remind us about good old days

What's the problem with that, it's working just fine

man RDJ is really fucking the Mouse on profits. I wouldn't be surprised if he "relapses" and "suicides" once Infinity War is over. The Mouse never forgets.

Social Justice Leage. Everything Batman-related.

I havent seen a capeshit in years. Im burnt out and im sure many others are too

Unironically? War would have to break out.

The reason society is in this hole of regression and childishness is because of a creeping unease within the general populace regarding safety. Acts of terrorism, a large recession caused by the people we're supposed to trust our money to, job insecurity on a global scale, disillusionment in the government and similar establishments due to their horrific schemes and dirty dealings coming to light, the pervasiveness of social media and the lightbulb moment for normalfags when they finally realized that every corporation is spying on them. All of these factors came together to create a zeitgeist where populations across the world and all demographics are clamoring for heroes and safety. The other half of this is a large upswing in alien movies because they represent those same fears and the terror of the unknown.

Really, it's not all that different from technology scare of the 90s which resulted in a massive increase in zombie and disaster movies.

A new fad will have to come to push capeshit out. But capeshit is just a codeword for "CGI heavy quips+action turn-ur-brain-off-bruh flick" and that shit will be popular forever, so the new fad would have to have it covered too.

Shills used to be subtle

Fun Fact: the second Infitiy War movie is a dramedy about the early years of Marvel Comics

Capeshit is still being made? lol I thought all these posts were trolling satire.

How much change do you have in your pocket? You could probably buy a country with that in Africa.

His contract has been renewed a couple of times now I reckon, they could just have let him go after IM3 if they wanted.

I think IM2 was when the big problems with him started. I think he requested more tony scenes and less iron man for 3 (cause he's not made of cgi) and that whole thing was glorious capitulation.

'Financially sound' is just another phrase for 'we broke even', or 'we made a little bit of profit'.

You are so edgy

Groot, Im already a demon

movies like this are what is killing the film industry

That's good enough

Depends on how they want to play it. An exec who hates the project can kill 'break even' shit before even factoring in merch and video.

'we broke even', or 'we made a little bit of profit' is just another phrase for "everyone involved made their fat multi million chceck and we have money to repeat same scheme with another project.
so it's good enough

the only DCEU movie that was a resounding success was Wonder Woman, Man of Steel and BvS, while still profitable, didn't make nearly as much as WB was hoping.

Is James Cameron literally shaking right now?

Man of Steel made a lot of money and cost almost nothing for WB.

It'll still please millenials enough to see profit at the box office and spark interest for chinese investors to make other super hero movies.

>Muh Muh WW!

i just love that desperation...its a nice detail that is a movie that the Zack The Hack didnt directed