The Wild Storm #1 Standard Cover Revealed

Sauce: archive.is/wf1rK

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/31578-ellis-reveals-2-year-plan-for-wildstorm-revival.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh shit we back niggas!

What do you think of that issue whose cover you uploaded?

Morrison you hack, Wildstorm set back is because of your incompetency and disinterest.

>Morrison couldn't completely kill off Wildstorm
That's too bad

I have not read it yet it was the first in my folder.
Mostly because the cover looks great.
I am still working my way through alot of the Wildstorm stuff.

I hope they eventually release the rest of it, if the new Wildstorm line-up proves to be successful.

Also, sidenote: Why is that every unsuccessful Jim Lee title gets shelved and completely forgotten ( i.e. All-Star Batman & Robin ) ?

>DC's long-dormant WildStorm line is being relaunched in 2017 with one of the line's most recognizable writers, Warren Ellis, at the helm, according toComic Book. Described as a "pop-up" imprint similiar to DC's deal with Gerard Way for Young Animal, the WildStorm line's flagship title will be the ongoing monthly The Wild Storm by Ellis and Clean Room artist Jon-Davis Hunt debuting in February, with rebooted versions of characters such as Grifter, Voodoo, the Engineer, Jenny Sparks, and more (click here a gallery of characters revealed so far).

>"After long reflection, I couldn't turn down the invitation to renovate the house that Jim Lee built, and refit its unique combination of cosmic paranoia and paramilitary conspiracy for the post-political space madness of the twenty-teens,” said Warren Ellis, whose last work for the publisher was 2010's Planetary #27. “Looking back to look forward."

>In addition to writing the core The Wild Storm title, Ellis will curate other titles for the line including WildC.A.T.S., Zealot, and Michael Cray (the real name of WildStorm character Deathblow). No creative teams for these books were named.

>“There are precious few visionaries in our business and fewer still like Warren who can elevate mythos with both stylistic panache and idiosyncratic spectacle," said DC Co-Publisher Jim Lee. "His work at WildStorm remains the tone which best defines and reflects the WildStorm Universe. I know I speak for WildStorm fans the world over when I say I can’t wait to see what Warren and Jon have in store for fans in February!”

apparently 6 issues written so far, planning for 24, has a third year (36?) in mind
8 are probably gonna come out

Jim Lee brings bad luck i guess.

>C-23 quickly forgotten
>Superman Unchained has to be concluded over delays

Superman Unchained went on for 9 issues just like Allstar Batman and Robin.

I' m looking forward to this!

But unlike ASBAR Unchained has a set ending.

Someone should storytime something to celebrate this.

zealot muh waifu

Cool

I thought the numbers at the top were related to the issue number? At least that's what I thought Ellis said in his newsletter.

It's the cover for issue #7?

So Wildstorm now is Earth-7?

The subject says "The Wild Storm #1 Standard Cover Revealed"

That's the number of the universe, i guess.

I think it is the art for #1, they forgot to tweak the cover dress

Why would they have a line for 1-24 when there's 51 universes? It's the issue number

I like that design. The red square is the imprint logo. Good solid font and design choice for the title. Really neat and clean, which is good for something that has a lot of paramilitary aspects.

I'm going to assume the cover dress is correct but OP is wrong here. The article doesn't even mention an issue number.

Wait. This cover here: newsarama.com/31578-ellis-reveals-2-year-plan-for-wildstorm-revival.html

Has number 7 too? Is this some sort Ellis/Wildstorm fuckery?

No that's the Marvel Ultimate universe pastiche that got destroyed in Multiversity. Even though a universe gets destroyed, its place in the map of the multiverse doesn't get taken by other universe.
The Wildstorm universe is probably one of the 7 mysterious universes created by the Monitor Magi.