I want to hear it again, what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pmz6pd_hr_4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was actually really enjoyable: Been hearing a ton of hate for this movie, watched it and was really surprised. It was super enjoyable. Why are so many people hating on this thing??

I think the general consensus now is that it's a shit adaptation but a fun and entertaining film albeit a bit flawed.

It was boring despite having an interesting premise.

>take a franchise
>change everything that made it good

everything except the nigger L

L was shit

Nigger

Light was pretty fucking fantastic. Great actor, and the part was written well. Very entertaining to see Light Turner in action. That scream, lol!

Mia was amazing. Very sexy, and unexpectedly a mastermind! Great twist and a good spin on the original story. Wonderful, wonderful character.

Shame about that nigger L

Weebs

bad b8 m8

they somehow managed to produce something more cringeworthy and retarded than a japanese movie shot like a soap opera, that's a feat

>*unsheathes autism*
>BACK THE FUCK OFF!?!?!?

>oy vey, I could write 6million names in this death note goy
>WE WAZ GENIUS DETECTIVES WHO EAT CAKE
fuck this trash, would rather watch the jap adaption.
Do these people not know the Internet exists ?
We don't need or want shit adaptions for Western audiences because we can watch the original.

It was terrible. You are a colossal faggot if you liked this movie. I've never even seen the anime nor am I at all familiar with it. I went into it completely blind and stopped 45 minutes in. It's garbage. Only edgelord teens can possibly think this tripe shit is good.

Didn't read the manga, didn't see the anime, and didn't watch this trash. Anyone who likes it is stupid. Weeb fucking fucks. Fuck all of you. Death Note (2017) is available to watch on Netflix.

It was an okay movie that played with some of the typical Death Note conventions while blending it in american society.

But it wasn't done well. I think if it was a mini series, it could have more time to let people breathe while it explained it's story a bit better. I like the idea behind why this version of Light was a killer. Being a weird /robot/ was fun to watch. L sucked. Anime mannerisms look retarded in real life. He never really did anything that made me think he was some great detective. I think literally anyone could play him so I don't think anything of the actor. Mia was forgettable.

William Dafoe was the best. He worked really well as Ryuk. Great voice and acting was put into the character.

Overall, it's a bummer the plot was so rushed and weak. You're better off watching the anime.

>Weeb fucking fucks

None of the weebs like this movie because it doesnt match the source material.

I enjoyed it.
Not a lot of movies entertain me these days.
Death Note had me laughing.
And I hate comedies, but this was funny as hell.
My favorite part was the song that was playing when Light and Mia were falling from the Ferris Wheel.
I laughed my ass off but I really liked it.

Nigger was supposed to sound smart. Swootie swoot swoot.

@87299724
muh astroturfing narrative
I will call everyone a fucking weeb and you will fucking tolerate it

do we have japan's reaction to it yet

>It's a "user can't accept the fact that Keith Stanfield was cast as L because he's a legitimately fantastic actor" episode

le sigh

Exact same problem and I know the answer. Mix of Sup Forums being upset because of Lakeith as L and weebs being upset by Light being a pussy instead of a chad.
It was a great movie that genuinely suprised me. Glad I didn't listen to Sup Forums

Thanks for proving my point only weebs hated this movie.

The main issue is the creator had no interest in the cat-and-mouse battle of wits battle between Light and L which is literally the driving force of the entire story.

This movie actually made me start watching out for him. I can't wait to see him in more movies.
How is Atlanta?

Somebody looked at the quick rehash of the manga and said:
>Hey, let's do a scary movie out of this.
>A-OK boss.
and so they did. It was a weak parody of the original, that never understood what made the anime outstanding in the first place.

>Anime is 37 episodes of "I know that he knows that I know that he knows that they know I that I know that we know I know he knows, and that's all according to plan"
>""""Adaption"""" ignores this and throws the show's core ideas out the fucking window
It wasn't even that bad as a standalone thing but it really failed to do anything interesting with the Death Note concept.

no one likes thsi movie, its 4/10 on the normiecore sites like IMDB and RT,

ur only being le ebin Sup Forums contrarian

youtube.com/watch?v=Pmz6pd_hr_4