Diane was the red room all along Edition

Meanwhile:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HKfAb8nlKyQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately ("fuck you, albert", glove, andy and lucy, coordinates, riddles, ...)
>bad acting (Bell, Lynch, Horse, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>roadhouse scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>everything above is literally cringe-tier in concept and implementation
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the return" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>somehow the best thing in tv history

new season was a dud

sorry

Is this because of her dress sense? Red black and white?

Was Dianne Lil?

TOP HACK KINO

>MUH SOLIPSISM
Lynch sucks

>cooper's first experience of the red room was in a dream
diane is the dreamer confirmed

To the people who might have been confused by the end or think there's plot inconsistencies, while I won't go into any theories specifically or deny any criticism you might have. I do think it's important to understand several parallels drawn by David Lynch and where he took inspiration from to truly get what he was going for (or was trying to go for). I'm not going to explain any theory in and of itself, but I will try to lay a general line of thinking out on the table.

There's a clear inspiration taken by Lynch from a certain genre of anime, in particular the likes of Angel Beats (2010) and Charlotte (2015). Both heavily criticized for doing the exact same thing Twin Peaks did but it really does all fit together well if you're of an high IQ enough to understand and appreciate this type of story. I know this might come of as unbelievable but there's many similarities here and if you want a less complex version that might help you understand the Season 3 Finale of Twin Peaks I think it's best to have seen the aforementioned shows.
They might be a little rough, and things might seem odd. But that's exactly why it compares so well to Twin Peaks. You can see, going from the first to the second show the time that has passed in real time reflects within the show itself. AB (?) C (?). It's a rollercoaster ride much like Twin Peaks was (is? season 4?) and will likely help you answer many of the problems you might have had with the ending of the third season of Twin Peaks. They're diamonds in the rough. They're the crude oil running through the veins of our inner sanctum. But at the end of the day you can better understand Lynch as a person, a creator, and, most importantly, a human. What his eyes saw and what he tried to reflect. Through the works so brilliantly parodied by him that go beyond a subconscious mind.

If you've got 10 hours of free time, and want to understand Twin Peaks on a much higher plane, consume these 2 shows. Thank me later.

Was it just my imagination, or did Coop unnaturally lean forward before asking "what year is this?"

5th for OG fans who got lynched, and are now on suicide watch

Audrey was the dreamer you morons. Its literally revealed at the end of episode 16

>Laura Palmer wasn't just an unfortunate girl who's life was ruined before a violent end, she was a cosmic weapon meant to defeat the Thing From Beyond Space And Time

u wot m8

Can't decide which Diane was hotter, but I want to fuck both of them.

He did, I thought for a moment he was goinna fall over for some reason.

>all this time Kyle was just sucking Lynch's wrinkled old balls to get back into his good graces by endlessly complimenting him and acting like he always loved Cooper and assuring everyone that everything would make sense
IT HURTS KYLE
MY KYLEPOSTING FOLDER FEELS LIKE A BETRAYAL NOW

>implying the cliffhanger at the end of season 2 wasn't an even bigger kick in the balls than this ending

Thought he was going to collapse there

hot take

This is the biggest problem with this season.

Everything right in its place

>Booper had superhuman strength
>it didn't mean anything in the end

>Booper got revived
>it didn't mean anything in the end

>woodsmen ripped a guy's face off
>but didn't do anything to the people at the Sheriff's station

LOGIC FLAW AND INCONSISTENCIES

The synchronicity of the viewers and Coopers confusion&despair is one of the best things I've ever seen.

What year is it?

>lil and dianne were both secretaries with bright red hair working for the FBI

hmm

But it ended up being that random british dude

>tfw not high IQ enough to enjoy anime

To me coop seemed really fractured. He wasn't really behaving at all like himself since he announced that they were in a dream. Especially in how he was talking, he seemed/sounded a lot more flat and borderline booper.

>t. brainlet

>He doesn't like cliffhangers

Pleb detected

>carrie PAGE
Is this somehow connected to the lost page of Laura's diary?

yes because cooper merged with his darkness and they needed to show it

thanks for the recommendations, I will try to watch shortly.

I was so skeptical and let down by Part 17 and where it was taking the story, then Laura is violently pulled away from Cooper and Part 18 turns into one o the most austere hours of television I have ever seen.

I can't even tell you if I was lynched or not yet, I just know I was in a trance for that entire final hour

maybe he didn't have superhuman strength anymore or the other guy was just stronger.
maybe it meant anything and we don't know it.
maybe the woodsmen had their reasons for this.

you can do anything when you write only complete bullshit.

Kind of reminded me of how Phillip Jeffries was acting in his FWWM scene. Maybe Jeffries went through the same shit.

could someone post those russian leaks? want to see how they matched up in the end

So image linked was a fake?

Audrey is stuck in a coma, in her own dream. She's been in a coma since the bank explosion.

Is Audrey the Arm? They both said the same line
>is it the story about the girl

I'm just saying the OG fans are no stranger to cliffhangers

Did you not watch Part 18 or something? I feel like that pretty much shut down any fantasy that things can be salvaged and that anything has any grander meaning

>Especially in how he was talking, he seemed/sounded a lot more flat and borderline booper.
yeah i thought they established pretty well that as soon as evil cooper died, cheerful cooper ended and we got a much darker, more monotone rendition of a cooper who had seemed cheerful and sweet moments before

or Laura Palmer's soul was sent to some version of Odessa, Texas The Fireman for unknown reasons after her ascent to the White Lodge

and yet she's familiar with how the modern roadhouse looks

If you stuck around in the threads that posted it you would realize that Kyle is shopped in from Desperate Housewives.

>Laura wasn't an abused girl who met with a tragic fate because of supernatural forces who saw her as a prime target, she was the White Lodge messiah all this time
>Cooper wasn't a normal, quirky FBI agent with implied psychic powers, now he was always part of this super secret supernatural task force and he always knew about this eldritch creature threatening the world even before he was Lodge'd
>Gordon Cole wasn't just this wacky gag character meant to be Lynch's way of having fun with the audience, now he might as well be the protagonist in terms of importance
I don't care how many of you retards dogpile me for this. The Return took a very simple, effective story and fucked it up with MUH CHOSEN ONE MUH HIGH STAKES bullshit.

17:47:15
17:47:15
twin posting gone too far

Same here. 17 was a let down for me. How everyone just ended up in the room with literally no purpose at all, I really didn't like that. But 18 was interesting.

dream/time travel/alternate realities/transcendental meditation
ie you are like the cuck

>facebook and plebbit mad because they didn't get a cute finale with Cooper and Audrey eating cherry pie and coffee at RR

Audrey was never even in it other than dreams

>people who didn't like the last episode right now

So delicious.

All supposed "leaks" in the form of photos other than the ones from episode 5 were shoops. One other episode (15 I think) actually leaked, but no one recorded it.

It looks pretty much the same. I don't think Audrey was in a coma though, I think she was just crazy and institutionalized

>ywn live in an alternate timeline where season 3 was produced as originally planned

>The Return took a very simple, effective story and fucked it up with MUH CHOSEN ONE MUH HIGH STAKES bullshit.
yes it did but the vegas dougie storyline was still some of the best television in a long time

He anticipated this would happen when he was in the car with Diane. I think he was affected by the reality shift and is trying to keep hold of his old identity and memories, but who knows how long that'll last?

So, a brainlet question.
In the end of ep.17: Coop's face in the background, his "We live inside a dream", and Laura whispering somethinginto his ear during the end credits - how do I interpret this? Was it all just a story told Cooper by Laura in the Red Room?

This guy was the dreamer.

>MUH CHOSEN ONE MUH HIGH STAKES bullshit
Wrong.

Holy fuck I love that ending.

What did the red hair symbolize in FWWM?

This is my only and large problem with The Return. Everything could have existed without this Lucas-esque shit. I'm really interested in finding out whose idea that was.

>le epic cgi showdown

>We didn't get NEARLY as much wacky dougie+crooked gangsters fun time as we needed

i honestly thought it would end with coop taking laura home and then getting a slice of pie at the diner

So what the fuck was episode 8? Some of that shit wasn't touched up on again

Has anyone yet made the connection that Carrie Page's house is the red room?

>White Horse
>Dead guy is BOB

>his "We live inside a dream"
Originally it was Phillip Jeffries phrase
youtube.com/watch?v=HKfAb8nlKyQ

Right.
Or did you forget the entirety of episode 8 and Margaret's HAWWWWWK LAURA IS THE ONE and all the foreshadowing of Laura's importance in saving the world?

that was incredible ridiculous
post yfw

take a guess

Like what?

I'll be honest I don't really like the way they dealt with BOB, seemed a bit disrespectful to Frank just shopping his face into a floating orb and having some shitty video game battle with a literal who britbong

>You can't be fucking serious, that looks like shit

Was all this just a ploy by Frost to get us to buy his books?

Maybe she's important on a local scale, but on a global scale there are thousands of Lauras.

Lynch me once, shame on me. Lynch me twice...

Laura and Gordon's new importance was definitely Lynch, and I'm assuming all the Blue Rose/Coop shit was Frost's. Though I fully believe they both had an equal hand in the final episode, maybe Lynch a little more than Frost.

You guys, things are allowed to be disconnected and nonsense. These characters have now been revealed to live within a dreamscape and the shows tonal shifts and chaos can be explained that way.

>everyone pretending a retarded person is normal
>BEST SHOW EVA

It really turned me off how prolonged that scene was.

PART 15: "Nadine breaks up with Ed. Cooper's doppelganger meets with Philip Jeffries. FBI searches for Douglas Jones. Log Lady calls Hawk for the last time. Audrey Horne is worrying about her missing lover."

PART 16: "Jerry sees a meeting between Richard and Cooper's doppelganger. Hutch and Chantal spy on Dougie Jones. Cooper wakes up. Diane tolds everything to Cole."

PART 17: "Cole makes a statement. Cooper's doppelganger arrives at Twin Peaks. Sheriff Truman gets an unexpected call. Freddie fulfills his destiny. Laura runs away from James in the past, and Pete goes fishing."

PART 18: " title="Dougie returns to Janey-E. Cooper and Diane go into the motel, but she dissappears next morning. In Odessa, Cooper finds Carry (Carrie?) Page and takes her to Twin Peaks."

To be fair, Fantastic Four are shit anyway. There's only so much you can do with that dumb premise.

Twin Peaks was always shit

the fact that it took you retards 28 YEARS to realize it just proves you all have single digit IQs

Did anybody get fucked up by this scene? I wasn't even sure who I was watching, was this supposed to be Cooper and Diane or are we seeing another story told through these characters?

The note was from "Linda" and she supposedly had sex with "Richard"

god i love that saying

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN

Stayed away from /tpg/ until today, can somebody fill me in on the theories regarding the nuclear bomb episode?

Green glove lad fighting with the primordial seed of BOB was fucking great and hearing Frank Silva's dialogue over it all just clinched it

l-lynched ahah
nevermind that this is normie shit, it was made for some artistic porpouse even though it clashes with the past 16 episodes completely you're just L Y N C H E D AHAHAH

>This mischievous, sublime, affirming, altogether discombulating continuation of Twin Peaks just kept getting bigger and bigger — until it seemingly didn't. It appeared things were winding down all of a sudden á la Breaking Bad, each loose end vigorously tied in an avalanche of payoff. But Lynch did what he always does, proving yet again that his beguiling career is interesting because of its boundless mystery, not in the solving of it. He's asking us to surrender to the infinite and let go. It's very much the work of an old man.

Man I'm glad I dropped this at episode 9 before it ruined Twin Peaks for me altogether
Gonna be comfy rewatching the original soon

Lads -are we only a bit lynched right now or could it be lynch blew it a bit after ep 15?

thanks friend but I already found them on reddit :^)

So Dougie is basically Coop since he was cloned from him?

>she was a cosmic weapon meant to defeat the Thing From Beyond Space And Time
from where did you get this
reddit?

After episodes 17 and 18 I have no desire to rewatch any other part of season 3. So much screentime that amounts to nothing in the end, episode 8 was great when it aired but nothing ever comes of it so what the fuck, the whole Coop returning arc was fucking wasted by the horrible rushed sheriff's station scene, fuck everything.

>Laura and Gordon's new importance was definitely Lynch

As for Gordon, without a doubt. Laura, I'm not sure. It seems a little heavy handed for Lynch but then again I can't imagine him allowing Frost to come up with basically a recton of Laura's story given how much Lynch loves that character. Seems it has to have been Lynch, yeah.