What did Sup Forums think of this scene?

What did Sup Forums think of this scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6A0rwG39Jzk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pointless "entertainment" fan service trash that defeats the purpose of this entire character.

>defeats the purpose of this entire character
What exactly was his character then?

How

>What did Sup Forums think of this scene?

kino

It was cool.

This speaks the truth. You see Vader comes right at the last minute, only to kill some people to make people go "yeee". Thats it. It was so obvious. It's like disney saying "oh we forgot vader action, here you go."

Thing is it worked and everyone loved it, even i loved it 2bh because i missed vader. But it could've been much better. He's in Mustafar for fuck's sake, was it too difficult to give him one scene where he goes around his deathplace? Would it be too much for retarded normies disney?

Fuck these movies.

>defeats the purpose of this entire character
I know you think you know what his "purpose" is but that was ruined in Revenge of the Sith.

In the theater I actually felt the temperature rise.
It was pretty cool.
What about THIS scene?

Hated it

It shows us the start of the warpath Vader is about to tear across the galaxy because he is very fucking serious about getting those plans back, especially considering he doesnt even like the DS anyways. He had to get dragged away from tubby time at his castle because Krennic was a retard and got betrayed by his waifu galen

>MUH FAN SERVICE

Dude, this is Star Wars. Everything around it has been fan service since Ep.5 came out

And then an hour later when he boards Leias ship he's calmed down, doesn't use his light saber and lets the storm troopers do the killing?

RLM go away

WAS FUCKIN GREAT

HE SLASHED UP THAT WHOLE HALLWAY FULL OF SCRUBS

ROGUE ONE WAS UNIRONICALLY BETTER THAN THE MAIN MOVIES

TFA SUCKED AND THIS LAST JEDI THING IS GONNA BE A SHITSHOW

Maybe he was getting a diet coke from the breakroom and the machine wouldnt take his dollar

>facing an opposing fleet with no idea where the plans are
Vs
>successfully cornering the one small ship he's sure has the plans
Wew

The only good part of the movie 2bqh

Shit, as it's not needed.

Devastator wrecking the rebel fleet was great.

Death Star doing a couple of low powered shots was also great.

>chief enforcer of the Emperor kills rebels who launched a massive offensive on an Imperial base
>defeats the purpose of this entire character.

Didn't make sense because Vader was too powerful and important to waste his time for killing some random rebels. He had entire stormtroopers unit for that, just like in the beggining of New Hope.

I GOT DA CHILLS MON

AND MY SOFT DICK

FLACCID FOR NEARLY THE DAY

WENT COMPLETELY ERECT

BUT IT WAS KINDA GAY

Mouse shills can't accept logic user

would have been GOAT if he had killed all the rogue team instead of some nameless soldiers

Is this what butthurt looks like?

sad, like with rebels cartoon he only shows up to boost interest after the show runners are done covering everything in shit. next gen is going to see vader how we see General Grievous

Whiny, sulky teen who hates sand and goes, "Yippee!"

>purpose of this entire character
sell merch?

it was time sensitive

Rogue One was a good mo--zzzzzzzzzzz
(even the sentence was too boring lol)

Why does this give me the creeps? Is it CGI? Getting some real uncanny valley vibes

Dumb fan service scene written in when they realized they forgot to actually include him in the movie. He should have been the one to kill most of the team.

>such a brainlet you need big explosions and lightsaber duels to enjoy Star Wars
It has one reason to enjoy it.

Nice projection there, user.

>projection

>millennials embrace Lucas pussy-fying Vader
>Xers remember when he was a big black guy choking niggaz out for his data tapes
>or just for lulz

youtube.com/watch?v=6A0rwG39Jzk

BET YOU THOUGHT PROMETHEUS WAS BORING

>It has one reason to enjoy it
YEAH, THE CGI

Literally only in the movie to get a lightsaber scene in. The fact that it's Darth Vader just makes it convenient and seem necessary.

You have to be over 18 to post on this website.

Why didn't he use the force to yank the data card from the guys hand?
He actually had plenty of time to do this because he got stuck at the door.
Obviously we knew he was going to be able to get the data card to safety but they made it look like Vader was massively incompetent, or just careless.

By the time I got to the end, I didn't really care about anything.

Why couldn't they just find a look-alike instead?

only good part of the flick

>being this much of a fag you have to defend this scene

wow

CGI human characters are nearly fine until they speak.
Lip syncing always gives the game away, I imagine it must be the toughest task for any animator.
We are just so well trained at interpreting lip motion by virtue of witnessing it every day of our lives that anything that even slightly diverges from being natural and instinctive sticks out like a sore thumb.

The scene was SAFE fan service. Imagine if the same scene occurred but instead of Rebel nobodies, it was our plucky band of Rogue One's who were trapped in the hallway. THAT scene would have been an emotional gutpunch. To watch this group of brave and resourceful heroes get utterly erased by an enemy so far above their paygrade that you feel bad for simply watching.
But of course, such a scene would never be filmed. Darth Vader is too iconic and valuable a character for Disney to risk damaging his reputation with a cheap bit of fan service. He is the villain people love and cheer for. But they can only do this because he never shown doing anything especially villainous.
He tortures Leia and Han, but that occurs offscreen.
The only named characters he kills are Obi Wan (who let him win), and Biggs.
The few other Rebels are nobody mooks.
The rest of the time, he's threatening and executing Imperial characters!

People might not clap so loudly for him (or buy his toys) if they see him casually cutting down a cornered and helpless Jyn Ordo, or dicing a blind monk who just wanted to be a Jedi.

They did, they just CGI'd Leia's face on top

taking 40 years to get a character done right

Thats the only criticism of the scene I can get behind. I love the scene as it is but I agree it was playing it safe. Letting Vader kill most or all of the heroes in the movie while still allowing them to fulfill their mission ie beamng the plans to leia would have been more ballsy and have more of an impact.

how scary is it to think that in a few years they will be able to replicate any politician or president using CGI, they could replace the president and give live addresses using cgi, and none of would be the wiser

Man, I just want to see movie/series focused on Vader where he isn't a giant pussy like in the new trilogy.

I want to see him kill people that matter, and do so in the most callous, unforgetting manner, except when he tortures them for information.

SW used to be for fucking adults, but thanks to all that merchandise, it's become a show for kids and manchildren who adopt Jedi as their fucking religion.

Gareth Edwards is a kino director.

This. Would of loved to have seen him chew through blind Asian man and his heavy BF

Watch Return of the Jedi or the Christmas special and tell me if it was made for adults