Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Cyber Bullying Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close...

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Cyber Bullying Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/mockingbird-writer-issues-statement-after-leaving-twitter-due-to-harassment/
thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/09/04/men-are-harassed-more-than-women-online.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fun part is Cain herself said she wasn't being harassed.

i saw females also shitting on her for being a garbage writer on twitter and facebook
>hey boys stop with the hate
lmao

It wasn't just males though

>Since when is harassment acceptable practice for being a fan of a thing? Anything?

Harrassment from fans has been acceptable for comics since at least the 60's judging from bullpen letters. Video games since the 80s, MMOs have always had harassment of the devs over sudden creative changes.

Chelsea Cain wasn't provably "harrassed"

Obviously, anyone who was allegedly harrassing Chelsea Cain wasn't a fan.

The fucking writers are terrible

t. not a fan

>Since when is harassment acceptable practice for being a fan of a thing?

Agreed, harassment is only acceptable practice when applied against people who have incorrect opinions.

How many threads are you idiots gonna have about this. Who cares either way.

>less than 1% of tweets towards you are harassing
>quits twitter and abandon all your fans because of a couple splinter trolls

Is this all the websites' spin or do the players have a part in the way it's reported?

Because this happens every time. They websites lose their shit over something but it's never like they're reporting.

>yfw she said if you've been raped, you are weak

Even Cain herself doesn't seem to care that much. But people on Sup Forums keep posting these dumb articles that have probably ignored her blog anyway to paint the picture that she was abused when it was just normal twitter shitposts (still wrong but not a personal thing) that she grew tired off.

>Quits Twitter

South Park on point this season

Online harassment is fake until said trolls get bored enough to find your personal information and start dropping hammers on you at home, work, and on all your family members.

You can read her statement here.

cbr.com/mockingbird-writer-issues-statement-after-leaving-twitter-due-to-harassment/

I know what she said. My question is how much of the reporting is the "journalists" just making shit up or are Cain/Marvel/whoever helping them spin this in their favor

Also, Mockingbird was a glorified tie-in for the Agents of SHIELD show, and was probably wrapping up within 12 issues anyway.

I can't really figure out when things went off the rails. It seems like she never said it was anything truly bad but everyone assumed tweets that would upset someone enough to leave would be truly harmful/threatening rather than just being annoyed because social media is dumb. So they started this campaign around the idea that something serious was happening to her when it wasn't.

That's literally what she did, though.

I really really dont get it

How hard is it not to be sexist or racist? Like is that how some people were raised?

Yeah sure and it wasn't just angry misogynerds who called Rey from the new and greatest Star Wars movie a "Mary Sue" or hated Ghostbusters

Welcome to Gamergate 2014

THIS ISSUE CERTAINLY NEEDED A 4,567TH THREAD!

She did just walk away from the screen. Literally. Her whole statement was basically, 'I have better things to do than read this."

Anything and everything is offensive nowadays.

Yeah, but the fact that she made a long winded post about it is only fueling the shit too.

A simple statement would have sufficed.

Except that's not what she did.

I'm just waiting for this thread to get pruned and deleted like the countless treads that was.

I don't know why we're not suppose to talk about this when this concerns everything that is Sup Forums related.

That doesnt answer my question at all wtf
Did you mean to say like "Nothing is really sexist and racist, its just easily offended people"

She did make a simple statement. Are you illiterate or something?

It's retarded though. Why are people arguing about a hypothetical that never happened when she literally clarified that nothing personal went on? Literally, why?

Except that's exactly what she did.

A lot of it initially was straight from people's comments on twitter.
That's where I assume the "journalists" got their headlines and built their stories.

Most being of the assumption that she was being harassed over the cover for Mockingbird 8, which, after I did a twitter search, seemed to be very few and far between.

The bulk of what she was getting was anger over the retcon. Quite a few of the comments were by women as well.

So they weren't "making shit up" so much as "being completely lazy and unprofessional" (shocker) and going off of unconfirmed and unsubstantiated knee jerk hearsay.

>Feminists who don't read comics are buying Mockingbird in support of Cain despite the stupid, practically misogynistic retcon in the last issue of the book
If you idiots hadn't thrown a tantrum over the cover this wouldn't have happened. I'm disappointed in literally everyone here.

When you're a writer having an online presence is probably pretty important

>why can't we have our circlejerk.
How many people here actually read mockingbird?

Probably BECAUSE Spencer started making insane rants on how misogeny is "winning" with Rebirth, and the only hope to fight it is to buy Mockingbird RIGHT NOW.

> Male Members

Men. The word is men. Boys even, if you want to be insulting about it.

>Nothing is really sexist and racist, its just easily offended people
Congratulations, you have a functioning frontal lobe.

Guys, one question - Is this writer ugly?

>MUH SOGGY KNEE
Like you guys actually give a fuck.

>Fandom
Has this word ever being used in a non-vomit inducing context?

Fucking, we bully SJWaid, but you don't see him "ablooh-ablooh, I can't just walk away from the screen like close my eyes", even though we wish.

And before you go Joss Whedon, it was feminists who bullied him into quitting.

People like being offended. It's millennials' favourite pastime.

She literally did though
She deleted her twitter because she didn't want to deal with it

The cover was months old when the issue came out and we actually read solicits so it wasn't new to anyone on Sup Forums.

She still has an online presence on her own site, just not on twitter because she was finally smart enough to realize that level of fan interaction is not really useful as the most you'll get is shitposting 95% of the time.

You're not obliged to participate in the discussion. You can filter the thread out or not click it, you know. Let those who want to have a discussion have one.

This is becoming a really damned if she does and damn if she don't.

I understand we like to be contrary here but this is just silly. Long winded and simple cannot be the same thing.

I'm just saying this isn't really Sup Forums related.
>you're not talking about the book
>you're not talking about the character
>you're not even really talking about the writer either.

>Stop attacking woman creators
Maybe when they start making good comics.

Or say nothing. It's like that simpsons episode where the ads come to life, if you ignore them it goes away.

I hate this day and age. I miss when you had to go to cons to harass writers. Virtually no one did it, but when they did, it was just "you suck" they did in an articulate way, to their face, and you had some damn courage to do it.

>The cover was months old when the issue came out and we actually read solicits so it wasn't new to anyone on Sup Forums.

That's the part that confused me at first. It seemed like some people were trying to blame it on the cover when it's been out for a while. It's a lazy cover but I mean a character that is a feminist doesn't necessarily have to be a badly written character.

You can disagree with a character's motivations and still find their story compelling.

IMO the fundamental disconnect between the usage of the internet between males and females is that females are accustomed to a vastly different level of interactional experience with people in person than what they find online.

I'm a guy and people tell me I suck all the time, in real life and online. Nobody softens their critiques for me, if I screwed up I hear about it, if I merely do something right but in a different manner than someone else personally prefers, I'll be told how screwed up my way is.

Women aren't encountering sexism online, they are *accustomed to the pervasive beneficial sexism in real life* where every male they've ever met was a little nicer to them than they would have been to them if they weren't a potential mating partner. Women think that soft sexism is the norm and are baffled by people online from halfway around the world telling them straight up how things are. "why are these internet people being so mean to me??", but they aren't, they'ree being *normal* to you, the real-life people are all babying you and having grown up with it your entire life you think playing on Easy Mode is the baseline Normal Mode.

Honestly, I don't know how to ever resolve this problem, it might only be a perceptional issue but the perception is there, right or wrong. It'd require a societal change in coddling females less, at the very time when society is moving towards more and more coddling for everybody (except cis white males, they're evil of course).

Require an Internet Drivers License, where folks are taught that negative feedback harassment?

I was exaggerating for effect, but retconning a rape victim into being a consensual cheater and cold blooded murderer who lied about being raped sure as hell ain't feminist. It's just infuriating to me that they're giving money to something that they're nominally against because Le Writer Bullied On Twitter.

Because it's negative

If all the posts in this thread were "yass queen"s and #grrrlpower then it would be stickied and we could talk about it for days on end

>it ain't feminist
No but it's interesting.

Maybe if they bought it when it was releasing like marvel thinks they are doing it would've helped but the comic is already canned.

How is it interesting?

Spraying DDT on children and Thalidomide were also acceptable in the 60s.
Shit does, and needs to, change.

>Remember, men. You're the problem that this whiny feminist define crude criticism as harassment wand wrote a shit book which then got canned

Oh, boy. Thanks Liberals!

The main issue is not really anything you're saying and you might want to seek help if you think that's what it was.

Fact of the matter is that unless the creator has agreed to engage you then you shouldn't really be tagging their account into discussion of the book anyway where they directly get everything into their mentions column. That's just not polite and everyone on twitter knows this already. Similar to how if the creator self-searches (and they should if they're doing online marketing) they shouldn't get offended by someone discussing the book good or bad because they were not invited to that conversation.

But of course harassment is a loaded term. This whole thing was more rudeness than harassment.

Because it's a contradiction and you're soft in the head if you don't think that it's intentional.

>by keisha Hatchett

LOL

GTFO

A few things to consider, you yammering jackal.

1. Unlike in the '90s or early '00s, there really is no separation of "online" and "real" anymore. What is said online has a way of making its way into the real world. Doxxing, for instance, isn't just a matter of "haha, I know where you live!", it's a matter of "haha, now everybody knows where you live!" and could use that to effect further harassment, which could range from prank deliveries to SWATing, or worse.
2. The screen comes with you today. If you're getting harangued on twitter by dozens if not hundreds of accounts, you're going to be getting bombarded with notifications. Even if you don't want to engage them, just to continue to use the platform, hell, just to continue to use your phone, you have to clear through all that mess yourself. Because twitter's moderation duties largely fall to the users.

While fandom harassment of creators is undoubtedly a unisex phenomenon, the harshest and most vocal harassment of late often seems to come from men, and is aimed at women.

Sup Forums you're a bunch of plebs and casuals

Nah, creators are always going to be harassed and I wouldn't have it any other way.

It separates the wheat from the chaff.

I think he's speaking more generally. Making a female character a flawed individual generally is more interesting than the alternative, but the whole thing was just a poor choice. You can retcon out rape without making her lie about it. It's possibly more troubling than just having rape in the backstory itself.

It is just the leftists websites and writers who follow the narrative of misogyny in order pander even harder to tumblr.

Even the writer said it wasn't harassment in a later letter despite some tweets indicating the opposite before she deleted her account.

Wouldn't suprise me so see them revive the book to just show dem darn MRAs who's boss.

>the harshest and most vocal harassment of late
There is NO harassment. A dozen or less men and women calling out Cain on her stupid retcon is not harassment. When they start making phone calls to her home daily, THEN we can talk harassment.

>spraying DDT is the same as writing angry letters to the creators of throwaway newsprint preiodicals

the fuck outta here you lefty horn-rimmed glasses-wearing polka dotted hamplanet. Jupiter's mass should have altered your orbit and kept you from posting anywhere near here. Go oink and moo in your subreddit safe space you triggerednigger!

>How hard is it not to be sexist or racist?

Define sexist and racist. Some people use it to mean people they don't agree with which means that the act not being sexist and racist is indeed a very thing not to be in today's world.

>I'm just saying this isn't really Sup Forums related.
>>you're not talking about the book
>>you're not talking about the character
>>you're not even really talking about the writer either.

So we're not supposed to be concerned about the state of the industry? Ok, then. Comic Industry is not Sup Forums related.

This is indeed very much like GG, but in comics and to a lesser degree.

>While fandom harassment of creators is undoubtedly a unisex phenomenon, the harshest and most vocal harassment of late often seems to come from men, and is aimed at women.

Are you forgetting the massive shit that the artist of the Riri cover got?

Or the Nazi Captain got by tumblr shippers?

Or with Cho?

The difference is that people don't call out the harassement against them, they call it justice. Social justice.

>i-it's totally intentional, I swear
Oh, you again.

>the harshest and most vocal harassment of late often seems to come from men
factually incorrect. More men are harrassed on twitter than women.
thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/09/04/men-are-harassed-more-than-women-online.html

What about xir, zu, ky and clom? What are you, some kinda transphobe?

Or #FireRemender, that was farce in its purest form.

>you again.
Nope, I'm a complete different user then whoever you're thinking of.

>writes shit "take THAT, men" book
>somehow it tanks
>people tell her she's a shit writer
>throws a tantrum and "quits" twitter
>suddenly it turns out she was the victim of harassment
>job offers flood in

dont forget to donate to her patreon guys to show those evil online misogynists you're not one of them

So what you're saying here is that they are oblivious to their own privilege?

She said that she wasn't harassed, this seems to be more of a problem of "journalists".

We're specifically talking about creators here user.

What a giant fucking cuck.

they absolutely are

it's why their feelings seem to get hurt so much more online

But (((men))) often use the word female online.

Which we should care about more. I think. The book is garbage. Why are they lying? What good is it to them?

Well views obviously. No one should stand for this bullshit reporting.

Honestly I feel kind of bad for her at this point because people are ignoring what she's said to continue the narrative that will slander her in the eyes of people like .

The book wasn't good, but she has behaved fairly reasonably to this situation.

That's exactly what Cain did. She deleted twitter and walked away.

It's SJW "fan" media that's been making a federal case out of this.

Imagine not being anonymous online and being constantly owned? thats what cyberbullying is. Just all of the Sup Forums hate and edgy irrelevance focused on the real you, not a faceless proxy of a human being that you interact with here

>How hard is it not to be sexist or racist?

Really hard when SJWs and the media call disagreeing with women "sexist" and opposing privileged treatment for minorities "racist".

>and being constantly owned? thats what cyberbullying is
talk shit get hit, fag

In the end it's the same shit as always. People who don't truly care about comics trying to write about them anyway. Doesn't really matter because people reading these articles and blindly believing them don't buy comics anyway. Actual comic fans should read the post on her official website and stop worrying about the situation.

What's the difference between what she got and what Bendis gets?

She has ever right to quit. I'm not saying that. Why is it different when it's a woman getting it to reporters?

>I’ve blocked 8 people in my many years on Twitter; 7 were on Wednesday. The first person I blocked, several months ago, had this to say:
>“Thanks, @chelseacain for ruining my favorite character with your feminist crap.”
>I engage with a lot of people on Twitter, even those with criticism. But that tweet is not looking for a discussion. It’s not brutal or sexually threatening. It’s just a quick elbow to the gut.
>I got used to a certain level of take-down tweets after that. Every time an issue came out. I’d get lots of love and support. And a handful of people who seem to thrive off making sure strangers feel hated. I guess it’s a way of being seen. It’s not different than what most comic book writers deal with, especially female ones. The tweets that bothered me were never the ones concerned with content; they were the ones that questioned my right to write comics at all, and were disgusted by the idea of a female hero having her own series.

EIGHT PEOPLE

E I G H T

EIGHT PEOPLE IS ALL IT TAKES TO CRUSH THE FEE-FEES

A-BLOO-BLOO-BLOO
Wednesday, I had a bubble of these types of tweets. Mockingbird had been cancelled, and they were really celebrating. Understand that this is not me looking for mentions. These are tweets in my feed, people who tag me. It is not trolling. I was not being targeted. It was just a lot of people being jerks, per usual, but in greater numbers.

Who gives a shit? It's just fucking words. Only way they can hurt is if they're true.

In reality is is not different at all but people assume because she is not as retarded as Bendis to stick around that it was worse. Because there ARE women who get shit like this daily in the media (mainly ones on TV though like sports reporters) so that's where their minds went first instead of actually trying to figure out what happened.

Although I'm pretty sure hundreds, or even dozens of people being rude to you at once feels a lot worse than plain old ordinary "rudeness".

see

it doesnt matter that she didnt say it herself, the narrative is in place, and people either dont know, or dont want to know the truth