Other urls found in this thread:

ohmy.disney.com/insider/2016/02/15/inside-the-decision-to-end-gravity-falls/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ln3Jm55Abl8
youtube.com/watch?v=I-9I8oanNnk
youtube.com/watch?v=2-Sf_jBXCwY
gravityfalls.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=rule_63
themarysue.com/gravity-falls-rewatch-soos-and-the-real-girl/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

By "my friend", she meant Wendy, as Wendy was directly next to her at the time. We can deduce that the girls already know each other quite well.
By "thinks", she means that a mental operation was being performed. In this instance, the mental operation is associated to her friend.
By "you're", she meant to imply that the previous mentioned mental operation was directed at the protagonist Dipper, or possibly at Mabel, both of which are off-screen at the moment.
By "cute", she intends to indicate that the nature of the previously mentioned mental operation was of a nature meant to indicate a visual attractiveness being observed. More specifically, a type of harmless beauty.

That had Wendy been a boy and dipper a girl, they would have ended up together.

Double standards

That she and Wendy had a great relationship until she discovered phones and her life went in a whirlwind of nothingness, until a 12 girl made her fall in love with a loser that was barely in her circle of friends.

>phone shirt

I never noticed that before. It's the little details.

Hummmm

Gravity Falls would have been 1000x better if Dipper and Mabel were gender swapped.

>12 y/o calling 15 y/o miss

who writes this shit?

And why do you believe that.

>DUDE SHIPPING TWO TEENAGE CHARACTERS WITH A 2 YEAR AGE DIFFERENCE IS THE SAME AS SHIPPING A TEENAGER WITH A TODDLER YOU CREEPS LMAO

what did he mean by this

Because I want a smart waifu.

And I think mabel would have been more interesting as a male, simply because a flirty, slutty male twin would be unique.

Ok, this is something I can get behind.
More?

She is a big girl.

Women are naturally impulsive and emotionally driven. You don't want a smart waifu. You want an effeminate husbando.

>tfw we never got an episode of Wendy and Tambry acting like actual best friends

Then Sup Forums would be complaining about the girl genius always saving the day while her brother is just the retarded sidekick.

That's all I'm afraid.

Fake!Wendy not showing up as Dipper's age to tempt him made me very disappointed. It was even set up that the real Wendy wished she was 12 again.

Are we getting comics or was that just a rumor?

>bill wasn't defeated the way the prophecy predicted

I feel this series was meant to get a third season.

Shame he couldn't handle the pressure

it just reinforces what wendy said that if they were closer in age she'd consider dating him

Alex is a faggot. Nothing else to say senpai.

My good and cherished colleague whom I have known for a considerable amount of time has contemplated and come to the conclusion that you are visually appealing though not necessarily in a manner that is sexual

It was. The original plan was three seasons, each set over the course of a month.

So what's the reason for it ending in two? It had pretty good ratings and Disney should be desperate for something to replace Phineas and Ferb

I think Disney wanted three seasons, but Alex always only planned for two.

I think he planned for three then burned out on the show, almost ended it after one, but did one more just to give fans closure. From interviews.

when did she grow a fifth finger?

>always only planned for two
Lol no.
He planned 3, then said he would do 2 seasons and a movie, then just fuck it and settled for 2 seasons with a rushed finale just to get it all over with.

Really? A lot of the stuff in late season two reeks of being rushed at the last minute

I think someone said that alex wanted 3 seasons but disney wanted the show to continue forever, so alex had to rush it and only make two seasons instead of keeping it going until it becomes absolute shit

>I'm going to risk the apocalypse destroying the world because I don't want to hold hands with my brother for five seconds and I'm going to beat him up for being a grammar nazi

I excuse a lot of stuff in kids show but that was some of the worst writing I've seen.

Still better then the bitching that already happened about how Mabel is selfish

Bill Cipher again

>“I knew from when I first pitched the show, that it had a beginning, middle, and end. I said then that it would be two or three seasons. But I didn’t know how long a season was, I had also never made a TV show before or even written a script before. So it was always finite. But the exact contours of it are something that I needed to feel out. And to be very frank, season one was very difficult.”

>“It had so many demands that by the time I was two thirds of the way through season one, I had already made up my mind: I am not making anything more after this,” Hirsh said. “Season one is the only season, even though I’m ending on a cliffhanger. Originally it was: I’ll make two or three seasons. And then it was: I’m not making anything else. I was wiped out. This is so difficult. And I didn’t think anyone would watch it.” He then added: “I was very, very dead set on not making any more because I was so burnt out.”

>Ultimately two people convinced him to come back and do another season: Jon Stewart, the former host of The Daily Show (and eventual Gravity Falls guest star), who told Hirsch that his kids loved the show, and Pat McHale, who created the similarly genius animated series Over the Garden Wall. McHale had been watching the series, which meant a lot to Hirsch, and then told him: “Look, after that cliffhanger, you’ve got to finish it.” Hirsch decided that he had about ten more episodes left in him. Then he went to the network, who said, “We only take seasons in twenties.” “So I said, ‘Okay, one more season,’” Hirsch told us. “Before we started the season, it said in my contract, before I put pen to paper, that this is my last season.” The studio agreed, under one condition: Hirsch couldn’t tell anybody.

ohmy.disney.com/insider/2016/02/15/inside-the-decision-to-end-gravity-falls/

I NEED GREENTEXTS.

>bill wasn't defeated the way the prophecy predicted
Wendy being the ice was pretty stupid though

The fact that Bill referred to people solely by their symbols made it seem like it was supposed to play a bigger role.

Then Ford says that the symbols were general and didn't have to be specific. It was kind of a letdown.

Hirsch is a moron, Disney should have just fired him and gotten someone else to take over for Season 2 onward

>Pacifica symbol was originally reference to a scrapped Llama episode
In show reason was a random Mabel sweater

You bitches should at least make a Monster Falls thread for Halloween if you're gonna whine about GF.

When was Jon Stewart on the show?

He was the cat judge in Escape From Reality.

>Bill Cipher again

Biru-chan will always live on in Japanese hearts, parties, weddings, bento boxes, and fan merchandise.

That doesn't happen anymore. This isn't gfg

>Not dumping Hirsch after the first or second season and preventing all the shit with the pacing, lack of development and payoff and the missed opportunities by continuing with a third season.
Man Disney, you fucked up.

There's one every week.

That would also mean dumping the VA of half the cast

It's impossible to replace voice actors, though! I mean, who would they get? This guy?
youtube.com/watch?v=Ln3Jm55Abl8

Or this guy?
youtube.com/watch?v=I-9I8oanNnk

Or him??
youtube.com/watch?v=2-Sf_jBXCwY

And these are just from fucking amateurs, I'm sure there are enough professionals in the industry who can imitate rough, gritty voice or hillybilly idiot.

Keeping him on just as a VA would still cut his workload down immensely.

Though what fucking idiot has one person voice so many major characters?

If only we had thought of this while the show was still relevant.

A person with a particular vision.

I wish Season 2b didn't happen.

But that's just Kim Possible, and the majority of Sup Forums loves the shit out of that.

For you

I hate Alex so much.

>Hirsch decided that he had about ten more episodes left in him. Then he went to the network, who said, “We only take seasons in twenties.”
No wonder 2b felt so phoned in.

>furry Wendy
MODS

She meant "This is a poorly executed dig against people who want WenDip"

Superior Robin

You know you want the wereginger.

>harpy robin

more

And Disney isn't able to continue without him? Why couldn't they just get him to review the episodes and not write them?

(that's actually just a short haired mabel I think but there's some 63 too)

>genki male mabel
Making everyone cute boys solves everything.

gravityfalls.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=rule_63

themarysue.com/gravity-falls-rewatch-soos-and-the-real-girl/

Making Gideon a desperate fat girl is sexist. And racist.

ok which one of you wrote this

>Fake!Wendy not showing up as Dipper's age to tempt him made me very disappointed. It was even set up that the
>real Wendy wished she was 12 again.

Dipper's whole arc was "I want to grow up faster!"
"I want to be involved in cool grown up stuff!"
"Wendy is so cool!"
"I want to be involved with her!"

12 year old Wendy would not have been tempting to Dipper. Being older is a big part of what made her 'cool'.
They even showed Roach!Wendy tugging a flower upwards to illustrate the idea of Dipper being any age he wanted.

I just wish real Wendy had witnessed Dipper call out fake Wendy...

The whole bubble thing was irredeemable shit because no one ever thought it was real and there was absolutely zero pathos except maaaybe Soos dad. And the flashbacks but they weren't part of the bubble.

The bubble was 99% "lol 80s and 90s" jokes that were already old.

Show me some shit were the characters don't know what's real and what's not, there are real emotional stakes, and shit actually matters, you might have something. Fuck as is why she was even in there doesn't make sense it was just a plot device to show up stuff they had leftover when they were going to have Mabel's mind in Dreamscaperers.

It was the nadir of Weirdmageddon which sucked for similar reasons: zero stakes (right away you knew it wouldn't go past the town or change anything), do one doing anything interesting, a bunch of doofy monsters they just introduced running around trying to eat people is lame and corny and not weird or scary, Bill just making a big dumb castle to take over the world and sit on his butt is He-Man level and boring as fuck.

It doesn't matter how old Wendy is nothing could really salvage the middle part of the finale arc.

Wasted Potential: The Show

Pinecest is cute

Cute

A rumor
For now

p i n e c e s t p o s t e r s o u t

You can post more Gara though

This isn't a cringe thread

>not liking /ss/

is that lazlo in the top right

wtf i hate manlets now

Hey! Is the danger Ranger! It has been a long time since I saw it

Man, the animators were so lazy they forgot to remove Wendy's earring in her past self.

Underrated post.

>mfw TLH will have at least twice as many half hours as GF and has more likable characters and much better sibling dynamics

MORE LIKE GRAVITY FAILS AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GET IT?

That's because she's cool.

*vomits*
Go back to /trash/ loser house.

What's the diff?
Both are flat as a board.

That was perfectly in-character for Stan.

They really should have fallen back on the reveal that Mabel gave the rift to Bill. That would have been more likely to start a fight.