Is there a possibility that you have a mutant gene that can be traced back to the inhuman...

Is there a possibility that you have a mutant gene that can be traced back to the inhuman? So you're basically a mutant and a dormant inhuman until the t. mist hits you.

I'm not that familiar with the details of the lore of their genetic blah blah but is this scenario possible?

No.

We don't precisely know what Inhumans ARE, in relation to humanity.

The Kree took human beings and - IIRC - 'upgraded' them using Eternal genes (from where?), although the way they change and their appearance is much more reminiscent of the Deviants; in any case, it's quite possible the Inhumans are a mixture of all three races.

Since all human beings on Marvel-Earth are potential mutants, because 'mutant' powers are a result of Celestial tampering, it's quite possible to view Inhumans simply as mutants whose mutation has been tamed to only be triggered by Terrigenesis. This would also explain why Terrigen is toxic to non-Inhuman mutants: it takes care of super-powered competition, which is what the Kree would want.

In fact, disregarding Hackman's nonsense ("Cosmic Inhumans"), you could very easily view this as the plan all along.
Black Bolt is the Inhuman king; it might even be a genetic imperative for him to trigger worldwide Terrigenesis.

>to non-Inhuman mutants

I assume you're talking about the mutation in Inhumans and not mutants that are inhumans.

No, I am referring to what are commonly called 'mutants' by Marvel. In reality, all people on Marvel-Earth are potential 'mutants', ie, super-powered humans.

Interbreeding with Inhumans made some people into what, I guess, we should call NuHumans, and who can be triggered by Terrigen. But there is no reason to assume their mutation can't be triggered otherwise, even if their Inhuman heritage protects them from the toxic effect Terrigen has on 'mutants' that do not have Inhuman ancestors.

The problem, as always, lies with the lack of understanding of what a 'mutant' is. But in the 1960s, when the X-Men were created, the term seems to have enjoyed some popularity as a description of some kind of hypothetical 'superhuman' who was emerging from normal humanity, and would possess a whole range of strange, unpredicatable, but awesome powers.

It was really stupid. I recently read a 'science fantasy' comic, really an anthology, and it had four or five stories with the same message: They Are Among Us. By dint of their strange powers, they no longer were human, and considered humans an inferior species to deal with as they pleased.

Frank M. Robinson's "The Power" is a similar treatment and garbage.

Anyway, it's all basically a hot mess. And mainly because most comic book writers don't know a goddamn thing about science, and do not respect each other's work.

No mutants were first.
It was Human's ability to evolve and mutate that made the Kree look at humans and make Inhuman experiments.

Didn't Quicksilver eventually restore his powers after massive terrigen exposure? Why is he still alive?

Haven't you heard? Quicksilver is not a mutant. Just modified by the High Evolutionary.

>Is there a possibility that you have a mutant gene that can be traced back to the inhuman?
No.
Any species with an Eternal, Deviant, or X-Gene can be traced back to Celestial experimentation. The Inhumans are the result of the Kree noticing that the Celestials invested potential into the human race and trying to make bio-weapons out of them.

:(

X gene was created first, Celestials tampered with early man and made it. Later the Kree came and tampered with other groups of early man and made the inhumans.

I wonder when that will come up in the comics. The proper definition of mutant.

It irks me to no end when mutants are defined as a "people" this way. That implies a common culture and viewpoint that people who had their own hugely-varied human culture until puberty.

An Inhuman city off in the mountains is a people. Xavier going and picking up Peter Rasputin from his communist farm and Storm being worshipped as a deity in africa did not suddenly make them a "people".

Until marvel starts reigning in on their writers and demand proper competent work from the editors, never.

That makes me want to punch people in the throat.

What makes them "a people" is the fact that they share an X-Gene and that apparently makes many if not most non-mutants want to kill them all. They may have grown up in Russia, Africa, etc, but they have been ostracized and vilified and forced together by the flatscans.

Oh yes, Homo Superior are a people, and they shall get their own back against the geneferiors.

But ALL humans have the "X-gene" (which is such a mindbendingly stupid concept anyway).

'Mutants' are only a people in the sense Jews are.

Or comic-book fans.

>flatscans
Why are homo sapiens tagged as flatscans again?

>But ALL humans have the "X-gene"
Do they?

This is the basis for a future event.

You inherit your genes from your parents, hence the parents of a mutant, have an X-gene. It's just that due to certain circumstances, the gene never activated, sort of like certain neurological conditions like ALD.

Yes but how common is the X gene within the population? Have they really confirmed that everyone has it?

There was that issue of the original Illuminati series that implied the Beyonder was a mutant and an inhuman.

But that wasn't set in stone as it seemed like the Beyonder was manipulating everything.

I thought it was suppose to be a rare mutation?

What's up with Hope though. How come her genetics survived Wanda? And how did her birth instigated the reactivation of the mutant gene?

Oh, so like, some are just carriers of the gene.

>What's up with Hope though. How come her genetics survived Wanda? And how did her birth instigated the reactivation of the mutant gene?
Special Chosen One meant to host the phoenix and reignite the X-gene, it's destiny don't question it.

Ok, Scott.

Flatscan spotted.

What's the ratio Mutants to Inhuman within the general population with dormant xgene/inhuman?

Mutation activates during preteen + traumatic experience. Inhumans just need the mist for activation. Does that mean an infant could attain his/her inhuman powerset when exposed to the terrigen mist?

Muties are scum.

>Does that mean an infant could attain his/her inhuman powerset when exposed to the terrigen mist?
Yes