Boycott DC thread

Time Warner might be bought by AT & T

that's too much power

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-failed-mergers-att-time-warner-20161026-story.html
npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2016/10/25/499185907/the-at-t-time-warner-merger-what-are-the-pros-and-cons-for-consumers
opensecrets.org/politicians/contrib.php?cid=N00000019&cycle=Career
youtube.com/watch?v=WuDwUnhwPAk
youtube.com/watch?v=2gNXfrMR_Lw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Comics#Licensing_partnerships.2C_acquired_companies.2C_and_studios
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Competition_law
opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=d000000076
huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/02/corporate-political-donations_n_1644375.html?slideshow=true#gallery/236422/0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randall_L._Stephenson
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gil_Amelio
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_C._Madonna
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynn_Morley_Martin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._McCoy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-failed-mergers-att-time-warner-20161026-story.html

npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2016/10/25/499185907/the-at-t-time-warner-merger-what-are-the-pros-and-cons-for-consumers

Maybe this is a good thing. Maybe AT&T can bitchslap CN (aka Calarts Network) an tell them to stop cancelling all their DC shows. Mayb bring back DC animation. Or create some new DC/WB network!

It's not really that much. It's not like they're trying to buy GE.

Will the animated movies get better?
Because if so, then it'll be worth it.

Not sure what boycotting DC will do.

do you people REALLY want your characters dumbed down even more than they already are so their back stories are based on cell phone videos?

hey maybe we could get vine to come back and just have capeshit vines? how's that sound?

how about NOT allowing monopolies to happen?

you want them made for cell phones?

everything was just fine after disney bought marvel and star wars, right?

You're a complete moron.

You really don't seem to understand how parent companies work. Marvel editorial is not forced into synergy by Disney, they do it because they are too lazy to do proper research so they just watch the movies and emulate them.

DC doesn't have a say in the matter, though. It's just a cog in a much larger machine.

Fuck off bitch. Calarts shows are what has saved animation from itself

>monopolies
Looks like someone didn't finish high school.

>not Occupy DC
ONE JOB

How is that not a monoploy you fucking smartass?

nah it's cool guys. yay! superhero fighting games for cell phones!

how else will the big 2 monopolize the comics industry by continuously pumping corporate cash? i mean gosh, how else can we keep non-capeshit comics marginalized?

You do realize this acquistion will only put them at about a 20 million dollar net worth over what Disney is worth don't you?

Of course not, this is Sup Forums.

well maybe people should stop oiling that part of the machine with their money

>muh corporate idiocracy

right up until disney buys something else, you idiot.

Shill or retarded?

Stop looking for a fight you stupid little faggot. My point was this acquisition doesnt even make them that big so there is nothing to boycott.

This board is filled with triggered faggots nowadays.

...Okay, buddy.

what's it say about capeshit that they're ready to go under and the only thing saving them is wall street?

what other comic publishers don't have that luxury? oh that's right, the independent ones.

How does it affect DC specifically? Will they try to change the comics or movies?

>faggot

you keep using the word. you have a fixation or something?

Its a term of endearment here faggot.

no one cares, smelly indieshit

So AT&T now owns Marvel and all indie comics?

It really doesn't, this merger is clearly about gaining another cable provider. Getting the movie studios and shit is just gravy.

>stop looking for a fight

LOL you just brought up some stupid arms race about net worth that will never end. you just afraid you'd lose the fight about a glorified game of musical chairs and monopoly money? go directly to jail. do not pass go, do not collect

>where do you think we are?.bmp

I cant even decipher the point you were trying to make through your terrible sentence structure. I was simply comparing it to another media conglomerate and stating that it's nothing to fret over.

oligopoly

Tumblr shows are cancer.

I would love nothing more then for AT&T to give a bitchslap to every Numale and Cunt working at CN (especially the cuck who drew over the Spike picture).

Say what you will about Disney, but you don't see them trying to screw over Marvel shows. They are even making a new Spidey cartoon.

AT&T needs to bring back the golden age of DC Animation.

your comparison will be meaningless once disney buys something else, mr. pepsi v. coke

>cold war toys are brought to you by brawndo

Yeah because the Mouse doesn't have any power at all? Actully i will boycott the Mouse which actually is ruining my comics, instead something that hasn't even happened yet.

Hmm. I wasn't comparing them in regards to one being better than the first there a Mouseketeer, simply that even with the acquisition they are nowhere near a monopoly that needs to be boycotted. Why are you so insecure?

OP here, i have no problem with that.

how about boycotting both?

>nowhere near a monopoly that needs to be boycotted

what's that? that email investigation has been reopened?

opensecrets.org/politicians/contrib.php?cid=N00000019&cycle=Career

nah

No problem. Let's start with Dr. Strange.

Your brain is broken mate. Seek help.

that's fine. i wasn't planning on it anyway

CTR fuck yourself. :)

>tumblr is the problem
>the only answer is for them to make more unoriginal cartoons based on over used superheroes

nah capeshit is shit, it was good for a while but its all pretty over done right about now. The last thing anyone needs is another half assed Batman cartoon or another Justice League cartoon that probably won't have a proper ending anyway

>AT&T needs to bring back the golden age of DC Animation.
Geez. Never thought I'd see that said. Life is so worth it sometimes.

I don't give a shit as long as the product has quality.

>golden age of dc animation

what is that exactly? raising dead comic artists from teh 30s and 40s from the grave and forcing them to draw stuff?

indie comicsfag? or a fan of some shit like Steven Universe?

I get the sense that you buy into every meme you see here instead of thinking for yourself.

You have to be 18 to post on this site.

>You do realize this acquistion will only put them at about a 20 million dollar net worth over what Disney is worth don't you?
Uh... no. AT&T has and makes so much more than Disney it's ridiculous. In the merger announcement, they estimated that Warners will make just 15% of what the new combined company will do. People joke about mouse money keeping up Marvel, but if AT&T and Warners were to combine, DC would basically have an unlimited source of cash to draw from should daddy AT&T want to go ahead with one of their projects. DC could probably publish a years worth of comics that nobody bought and the impact would be the same as loose change falling out of AT&T's pockets.

does it matter?

I'm just sick of people who only want entertainment to be rehashed shit instead of original work

so you know you aren't allowed to be here. that's good

youtube.com/watch?v=WuDwUnhwPAk

> Implying a monopoly has any reason to give a flying fuck about anything at all
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
The goal of business is literally to make money for the least effort possible. A monopoly has no one to oppose them, meaning they can turn no effort shit into $$$.

So high budget HBO DC shows? I dont see the issue here. Also idk what site you use but those figures are not accurate whatsoever as of 2016.

you assume that AT&T would care enough to support DC comics though

honestly if I was in charge I would say that since its the IPs that are actually worth something why bother supporting such a small scale medium that loses money anyway, its owning the old IPs that matters not publishing new comics

Since you're memeing on and on about capeshit it's very important to me so I know what memes to use in reply to you ',:^)

>hurr durr muh imaginary money
>muh infinite growth

you're literally cancer, user.

>It really doesn't, this merger is clearly about gaining another cable provider. Getting the movie studios and shit is just gravy.
You're an idiot. Warners sold off TWC to Spectrum. Warners sold off everything that isn't related to producing media so they can be attractive to this kind of sale. Warners, as of right now, is a pure media production company. This sale is about a purely internet and service provider purchasing a purely media production company to make exclusive media.

Why? People are cord cutting and people are going to the movies less. For AT&T, this is an opportunity to get exclusive content (Warners movies, HBO, DC, Harry Potter, etc.) for their DirecTV service as well as any other service they could dream up in the future (ex: more online streaming) as people transition to a digital media consumption model. For Warners, this is getting together with the largest internet and service provider in the world to have their media reach anyone and everyone with a phone or internet connection.

I said capeshit once bro

also if you want superhero stories fine

but how about we get something original for once instead of something with in origin that is over 20 years old

do you really just like see the same characters over again endlessly?

the corporate idiocracy wants unoriginal material for the dreamboxes, anons

>over 20 years old

superman has been around since the 30s. that shit is old and outmoded and they want to keep shoving it down people's throats. real cults don't ask for you to register on your own.

> He thinks businesses develop billion dollar profits by charging competitive rates and paying employees fair wages
Fucking kill yourself nazi.

nazis were corporate whores as well, user. come on now.

youtube.com/watch?v=2gNXfrMR_Lw

If it's shit then I wont watch it.

That would be pretty cool. It's also the only feasible way of ever getting Constatine back on the air.

>i have shit taste because i like poorly done adaptations of good comics

>Bilderberg chart vs. Hypercrisis chart

I am honestly surprised they have not done this yet. The CW shows are fine to compete with Agents but they need something more big budget to compete with the Netflix shows.

>compete with netflix

you mean they want something to waste consumers' time with, like more commercials?

>How is that not a monoploy you fucking smartass?

Marvel, IDW, Dynamite, Darkhorse all exist. It's only a monopoly when you buy up all the same kinds of business but there's no law saying a phone company can't own a comic company

>walmart isn't a monopoly because of all the services it provides

fuck yourself. this is way past diversification.

*passed*

DC also owns Vertigo. DC also owns Wildstorm

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Comics#Licensing_partnerships.2C_acquired_companies.2C_and_studios

But thats what he said at all

Don't argue, he seems to think a monopoly means owning a lot of companies.

>It's only a monopoly when you buy up all the same kinds of business

DC already fits that description. see post above yours

>phone company
they're a multinational telecommunications conglomerate. it isn't just "phones". they sell media, they want a greater monopoly on media

If they bought Marvel and DC you'd maybe have a case for them being a monopoly but with just DC, that isn't a monopoly.

and you seem to love to truncate and oversimplify, like any merchant

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Competition_law

>DC already fits that description
How? It only owns DC, Vertigo and Wildstorm. That is far from all the comic companies

except DC owns comic companies already

it's a monopoly because both of the big two are getting funding now which will perpetuate more marvel bullshit in response to this corporate buy out by the other company engaging in another. the big two is already a monopoly. has no one ever explained to you that democrats and republicans are basically a one party system as well? that coke and pepsi are the same shit? this is not a difficult concept to understand.

>DC also owns Vertigo. DC also owns Wildstorm

DC MADE Vertigo

see
see the part that says

" en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Comics#Licensing_partnerships.2C_acquired_companies.2C_and_studios "

DC doesn't have enough clout to even come near being a monopoly and I cannot understand how Marvel/DC being funded makes two different companies somehow a monopoly. They have a very large share of the market sure, but they aren't pushing shit like Image or Dark Horse to the death. You have the choice to read any comic you want, no one is forcing that hot All New All Different Marvel Rebirth #1 in your face.

and really monopoly laws where only made to make sure no one company gains to much control of essential industry like oil or transportation

>You have the choice to read any comic you want

i didn't even know boom studios even existed until 2 months ago. eat shit. it creates the perception of a competitive market while smaller companies are being absolutely dwarfed.

media control is propaganda

propaganda ---> politics ---> big companies that include oil and transportation

found those WMDs in Iraq yet? not the ones that the u.s. sold in the 80s, mind you. you know? the ones that were destroyed in the khamisiyah weapons bunker to cover up violation of international law?

>i didn't even know boom studios even existed until 2 months ago. eat shit.

That is literally your fault for being uninformed. Do some research.

you can't do research on that which you are ignorant of. many, MANY comic stores do not carry boom studios comics. eat shit, user.

are you christian? tell us about the gospel of barnabas. if you're christian, take that and smoke it, muslim

opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=d000000076

huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/02/corporate-political-donations_n_1644375.html?slideshow=true#gallery/236422/0

>you can't do research on that which you are ignorant of. many, MANY comic stores do not carry boom studios comics. eat shit, user.

There is this wonderful thing called the internet user. It lets you search for things that you might not know enough about to broaden your horizon. Like did you know that First Comics recently started publishing again after being closed down since '91, but merged with another company? Google does.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randall_L._Stephenson

>google knows

yeah, if you know what words to put in the search bar, jackass. you can't do research on something of which you do not know the name of.

there's a word i'm thinking of. go do research on it.

oh wait you can't because you're unaware of it. thank you donald rumsfeld.

>industry

how do semiconductors sound?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gil_Amelio

>industry

ever heard of Phelps Dodge?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_C._Madonna

former u.s. secretary of labor

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynn_Morley_Martin

>bank pic

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._McCoy