Lynch Learns After Effects Edition

strawpoll.me/13858324

Previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

911movies.co/tvshows/twin-peaks/
thesearchforthezone.com
strawpoll.me/13858564
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do you accept that GoT is a better show now?

>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately ("fuck you, albert", glove, andy and lucy, coordinates, riddles, ...)
>bad acting (Bell, Lynch, Horse, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>roadhouse scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>everything above is literally cringe-tier in concept and implementation
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the return" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>somehow the best thing in tv history

LYNCHED
Y
N
C
H
E
D

>innocent people are raped and murdered and there's literally no supernatural bullshit you can pull to change it
ending made me feel about as empty as I did the first time seeing Irreversible.

+1

Fuck you and FUCK your shitty show run by retards for retards

It would be harder to find a show that ISN'T better than this shirt

Fucking Walking Dead is better

i would be angry too if i spent the last 4 months trying to do some ARG bullshit, figure out the mechanics of the ring, solve "lodge lore", solve the mechanics of the text messages, read a terrible book by a senile hack, solve all the co-ordinates shit, work out complex meanings for random numbers above some power sockets and if i had written an elaborate fanfiction centred around audrey and then convinced myself it was going to happen.

Thankfully though I am not on the autistic spectrum and so I didn't do any of these things...

Is it safe to admit that I watched the majority of the series at 2x speed now?

wtf jerry

>be a Frost fan
>Lynchfags act as if you don't have a right to be here

>strawpoll
>a plurality of /tpg/ picks the answer most in line with a literal interpretation of ep. 18

we are no better than Reddit

Is that you, Polish Acountant?

REMINDER THAT WE ARE ALL LYNCHED

This didn't end like a Lynch film though.
Why are Twin Peaks fans so cancerous?

h-he's fast!

such sadness

>being this butthurt about wasting 18 hours of your life because you weren't paying attention
L Y N C H E D

>Frost fan
no such thing

in for best girls

Why weren't there any roadhouse scenes in the last 2 episodes? Did Lynch realize how much they sucked?

I watched the original series at 1.2x
>5 minute scene with the camera focusing on a dinner table

KILL, MARRY, FUCK.

GO.

>i wanted Northern Exposure because surrealism doesn't make normal sense

>18 hours
As if I would put that much time into this piece of shit

How can anyone be this Lynched?

Kill Booper, mary Cooper, fuck (lifelessly and tragically) Richard.

>Why weren't there any roadhouse scenes in the last 2 episodes?
Did you fall asleep before Julee Cruise came on, you fucking retard?

The whole thing has always been a mostly Mark Frost story seen through a mostly David Lynch lens.

Where is One Punch Meme

Kill Rei
Marry Misato
Fuck Asuka

meant to quote
FUCK

I got a theory that's just going to fuck with your heads even further

you need some sleep

>Being ashamed to admit you were L y n c h e d by lying that you never watched the show in the first place

Julie Cruise sang in the roadhouse in ep 17

if you are a pleb just ignore everything that happened after diane and cooper kissed and skip to the julee cruise credits and there is your pleb ending :-)

I wish Don S Davis and Frank Silva were still alive for Season 3.

fucking Poe's Law

>you are now aware david probably only made season 3 so he could fuck candi

I liked PART 17, but 18 was just a kick in the fucking teeth. I have so many questions.

What happened to Audrey?
What happened to Red?
What happened to Becky?
Who's Billy?
Who's the drunk that repeated everyone's lines?
Who's the screaming asian girl from PART 15?
Who's the 119 girl from the beginning of the season?
Who was the scratching drug-addicted girl at the roadhouse in PART 9?
Who was the dead man in Carrie Page's apartment?
Did Richard Horne survive?
Are Dale and Diane truly Richard and Linda?
Why didn't Andy act upon the vision he received from the Fireman?
Who is the Polish accountant?
Who was the fat woman with the sick, puking kid in the car?
What happened to Sarah Palmer/The experiment? Did they file any charges for her murdering that low-life trucker?
Why did we see a glitched reflection of Ed in the window of his gas station?
Why did Cole see a crying Laura Palmer from FWWM when he opened the door for Albert in PART 10?
Who is the girl in which mouth the big insect walked into in PART 8?
What was the weird noise Ben Horne and his secretary kept hearing at the hotel?
Who was the other Linda in the wheelchair?
Who was Duncann Todd working for?

Now I liked the Return overall, but why all those unanswered questions?

KILL RIGHT
FUCK LEFT
MARRY CANDIE

We now realize why the only relevant spoilers that's been leaked so far have been about Cooper waking up from a coma. Because that's been the only straight forward storyline to have taken place in this show. Everything else have been unexplainable nonsense.

Can someone bring me up to speed what the Russian leaks actually were because the only ones I happened to be spoiled about was the coma part.

Kill Janey-E, fuck Candie, marry Tammy/Chrysta Bell

He's nowhere neaar Mount Rushmore

It is I.

I don't yet understand the significance of the coop overlay. Was it him truly waking up? From the dream that is the earthly plane of existence (not dream in the sense that it was in someone's head, but in that any physical existence is a type of constructed reality of the consciousness)? After learning totally the lodge and practically becoming a spirit of sorts, he completed his mission and transcended past the "dream" to save and then later rescue Laura at the risk of his own "self". This is what makes sense to me. Why he tells Cole he'll see him at the curtain call; death is another way to transcend "living" (death is not an end but a change).

>911movies.co/tvshows/twin-peaks/

And I thought the Muholland Drive "explanations" were unbearable...

Hastings blog:
>We will have to reconcile with the question that if someone from outside our familiar world gains access to our plane of existence, what ramifications will that entail? There might be forces at work from deep dimensional space, or from the future…or are these one in the same? Think of the events that could have splintered time? The things that could have laid the seed for a starting point for this development?

thesearchforthezone.com

Oh Mr Lynch! The shit has come out of my ass!

AYÚDEME

>that terrible fake Nance with loose fitting clothing

He must be spinning on his chair in the black lodge

>Lynched fags pretending they didn't watch the show
Is there anything more pathetic

FACES OF STONE

daily reminder Lynch and Frost never even wanted to reveal Laura's killer

Did you guys order your life sized Cooper standee yet?

Seriously, let go of this shit. People like you are why TV is so boring.

GOOLD?

Because they're normie plebs in 2deep4u clothing

> MUH NEATLY TIED UP PLOTLINES!!! THIS IS ALL DRUMPFS FAULT!!!

I hope this shit ain't getting renewed for another season, Lynch destroyed my favorite show of all time.

Doesn't the fact that the creators themselves not knowing or being able to explain what exactly happened IN THEIR OWN FUCKING SHOW explain how much bullshit this is? How can you defend this?

TUNE IN TO SEASON 4 TO FIND OUT

Well, Lynch got his audience lynched, who would've thought.
Nothing too new, really.
As always, as is the case with pretty much most of his movies (feel free to remind me of an exception if you can) - we've got some weird ass surreal shit, we are definitely getting no official explanation, and the best we can do is to rationalize it in a buch of fan-theories and choose whatever sounds the most plausible.
And yeah, don't forget that Lynch is a surrealist. A pop-surrealist, but nevertheless. Surrealist movies tend to feel like a dream: events just happenning, starting and then not getting anywhere - just alternating, almost like being forgotten. You know what I mean if you watched "An Andalusian Dog", for example. Lynch doesn't go full surrealist in "Twin Peaks", but leaving a fuckton of loose ends loose is what you should naturally expect.

he was stoned alright x)

worst special effects of the entire season

Why did Sarah start attacking Laura's portrait?

>Twin Peaks, WY
>also next to a town named South Park

unironically this

>/tpg/ loving almost every second of S3, knowing we won't get anything explained
>Finale ends and thread it full of people complaining about muh unresolved stuff

Stickyfags need to leave

THE KOSSACKS ARE ON RUSSIA ALBERT

>tfw no more Albert and Gordon hijinks
Living is suffering

lel get rekt

>I only watch something to have questions answered
Appreciate the journey you pleb

>It turns it out it was all a dream
>Lynchfags will actually defend the most hack ending

why is this shit not on showtime demand yet?

This season also kinda sorta reminds me of that whole Kit Williams' "Masquerade" affair, as in that book contained heavily encrypted clues to where a golden hare was hidden, but also had an assload of red herrings, and so everyone was coming up with different theories, but almost nobody got it right. Except this time we're never getting the confirmation which theory is right.

What's going on with Coop's face?

>daily reminder Lynch and Frost never even wanted to reveal Laura's killer

I wonder if we would have gotten this whole Black Lodge thing if they never revealed who killed her in the first place.

Maybe the introduction of the Black Lodge was a mistake.

NOW THAT THE DUST HAS SETTLED LETS ANSWER THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL:

strawpoll.me/13858564
strawpoll.me/13858564
strawpoll.me/13858564
strawpoll.me/13858564
strawpoll.me/13858564

Why was it the exact same portrait that went into the dragon ball? That image didn't even exist yet.

david lunch lol

Yeah the dead man in Carrie's house and screaming Laura at the end and the motel being different are things to consider. And whoever was chasing Carrie and Richard, and how Richard is still capable of taking down 3 dudes like that without blinking. With these things to consider the theory of anything before being a dream AND this not being one doesn't hold a candle, I'm sorry.

Get lynched

Which is a fucking hurrenous decision.
How long did Lynch want Twin Peaks to go on for? The FBI/detective plot would have gone no where, there would be fuck all lore for the lodges, and the show would have ended up like post-reveal s2 anyway (since there's no worthwhile detective story, and there would still be the poor soap opera stories).
I am certain that Lynch just made that up to save face - because the show would have gone downhill anyway without the reveal.

Judy knew Coop disrupted the timeline

>NOW THAT THE DUST HAS SETTLED
lol

Because Sarah is the evil Mother/Experiment/Jowday/Judy, and Cooper had saved her from being killed. Notice she was attacking the famous Laura picture but the picture remained unscathed

>Living is suffering
Not for Miguel

It's being pressed upon by an actress called Laura Dern.

Except he did change it. Voice of Sarah Palmer at the end was her from the pilot calling on her daughter to wake up for school the day her body was found. Laura is alive and the dreamer. Carrie Page is a dream.

I wanted to pick both options.

Is it just me or is Candie really attractive in the show but kinda odd looking in real life? No disrespect intended, candie is best girl

will the people who answered yes explain WHAT THE FUCK THEY LIKED? Had this been any other show made my who-the-fuck-know director you would have bashed like the crap it was.

I get that you should leave a few things unanswered, but this is just way too fucking much. Why didn't Lynch film some more scenes with Red instead of the French lady getting out of the room or the sweeping scene for example.

I liked it a lot, but I also feel LYNCHED as fuck.

are people really expecting another season / movie? that ending felt final despite the open-ended nature.

He reminded her of Mr. C.

Reminder that Judy won

I mean why is it coming apart like a mask? Look at his nose.

TOO SOON TOO SOON

Me too

>he thinks it was dream
You're a brainlet m8