What your country's cultural view of crow (aside from scavenging)?

What your country's cultural view of crow (aside from scavenging)?

Attached: crow.jpg (562x599, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZerUbHmuY04
youtu.be/cbSu2PXOTOc
youtu.be/dg3ApNJct6Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malphas
aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article13893034.ab
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ravens_of_the_Tower_of_London
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_depictions_of_ravens
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Flag
Generally positive. According to folklore from the past, the bird used to have silver-white feathers, kind-hearted and intelligent bird. It also used to have beautiful voice. It became black and has ugly cawing call because of betrayal and sabotaged. Poor bird.

cвpaкa is cute :3
youtube.com/watch?v=ZerUbHmuY04

We usually see it as an ugly bird with an ugly voice. We also have the idiom "Qisek ċawla", which means "You're like a crow"; used to describe someone who keeps talking and talking without stopping.

Motherfuckers keep dropping things on my car

The ancient norse considered it to be a sign of Odin being close. A messenger of some sort, if you will.
Today it's just some bird lol.

I don't know honestly

To elaborate, Odin had two ravens, Hugin and Munin. His eyes and ears on Midgard, the world of man.

it's a stupid fucking nigger

Eats other birds eggs, ruins bird diversity.

Look here and here youtu.be/cbSu2PXOTOc
youtu.be/dg3ApNJct6Q
Cool. And I read old European stories about crow or raven is the side kick of the witch and wizard?

literally the devil

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malphas

Attached: malphas.png (512x261, 98K)

Highly intelligent. The best corvids. Norwegians eat them though, which is just nasty.

Attached: 1448817017370birb.webm (480x360, 386K)

>Norwegians eat them
I can never tell with you. Do Swedes actually think that we eat these birds, söta bror?

Very intelligent beings. They also remember you and thank you for helping them.
If you crack open walnuts for them regularly, they will bring you shards and shiny things like that.

aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article13893034.ab

>Allt kan ätas. Jag äter mer än gärna kråka. Allra helst från Moss, säger Hellstrom till VG, och berättar att han helst lagar kråkan på samma sätt som ripa.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ravens_of_the_Tower_of_London
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_depictions_of_ravens
I once saw a tame crow on a school field–trip when I was ~11 years’. it took food from its keeper’s hand and would allow him to stroke.

Attached: based crow.jpg (144x219, 10K)

>2011, 6 år siden
Men ja, æsj.

damn. It can fish using a bait too.

I had some sort of pet crow a few years ago. I would always feed it at the same time, and after a few days it always came at exactly the same time waiting for food. It let me pet it after a while. Bird feathers are really soft.

Smart birds, but a bit noisy.

Long ago, in Japan, crows were sacred birds which carry spirits.
And crows were birds showing favorable sign.

Attached: Military_intelligence_command_JGSDF.png (402x392, 211K)

>Yatagarasu, three legged crow guided Emperor Jimmu towards the plain of Yamato
>now used as logo of JFA

mythical

Attached: Japan Football Association.jpg (448x277, 26K)

negative
they're considered smart, but more in a cunning way
they mess up trash bags and wander in graveyards to eat offerings

They are smart. In old tradition, they are seen as gods here, or gods who travel to another place. Gods used to be able to transform into crows and travel faster.

Also, they helped people to find a way out of the forest when you are lost. They sign you the way to the next open field. They are wise birds.

Attached: Wotan_7922132.png (600x429, 1.25M)

Yes he is almost the sidekick of a wizard, or Witchs turn into them.

In Portugal there is a legend from the Muslim Reconquista, where our King was defending a castle from Spaniards Castilians, and legend says in the darkest time a crow sat down on the walls and started trashing against the invaders as if trying to shout them off.

It reinvigorated Portuguese defenders and the siege was won.

Its still featured in the City symbol today.

Attached: Leiria.jpg (413x432, 43K)

Depends on the type of crow. We don't get normal carrion crows in Ireland but rooks, jackdaws, magpies, ravens and scald crows are common.

Scald crow is associated with the war-goddess Morrigan, and if there are a lot of scald crows it was an omen for war. They were also associated with fairies and peasants would leave offerings for them

>I once saw a tame crow on a school field–trip when I was ~11 years’. it took food from its keeper’s hand and would allow him to stroke.
my friend had a pet jackdaw. He would fly onto your shoulder and dance on your head. You could take him on your arm like a falcon and throw him at people and he would fly at them.

Attached: corvus-cornix.jpg (537x414, 48K)

It is called "the bird of misfortune"

why?

ravens are universally respected, although they're also seen as edgy and a bit spooky (mostly in folklore).

crows (more specifically eurasian hooded crows), however, are usually seen as something closer to pests. both crows and magpies have a bit of a stigma to them because they raid other birds' nests, and there are (baseless) rumours that songbird populations are declining because of magpies and crows. they're usually tolerated, though, and all the recent popsci coverage about their intelligence has made the public more positive towards them, at least in the cities.