Since bisexuals (or at least people who don't consider themselves "100% straight" or "100% gay") are way more common...

Since bisexuals (or at least people who don't consider themselves "100% straight" or "100% gay") are way more common than people who exclusively prefer the same sex, why are bisexual comic book characters so much less common than gay and lesbian ones? Speaking of the Big 2 companies here.

Hell, the only obviously bi characters I can think of are John Constantine and Mystique. Maybe Deadpool, if his flirting with men isn't entirely in jest.

And I don't know of literally any DC or Marvel characters who explicitly call themselves bi, unless John has said it at some point and I forgot.

Other urls found in this thread:

advocate.com/bisexuality/2015/08/20/study-1-3-american-young-adults-identify-bisexual-spectrum
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I just assume most superheroes and villains are bi unless otherwise stated.

I mean, that's a thing you can do, but when they go out of their way to point out that certain characters are gay, even showing them rejecting a member of the opposite sex and kissing a member of the same one in the same comic, trying to get it all over the place, etc., and then just ignore bi people, even going so far as to retcon same-sex relationships to make sure everyone's neatly gay or straight (I'm lookin' at you, Harley), there's clearly some bullshit going on.

There are over 1500 marvel and dc characters. The LGBTGTA community makes up less than 5% of the planet

There have been over 75(5%) lbt sandwich characters of which most have been bi or implied

Patience user, I'm sure within 10 years or actually less they'll bee more frequent

>The LGBTGTA community makes up less than 5% of the planet
Recent surveys showed that 50% of UK and 30% of US adults under 30 said they do not consider themselves "100% heterosexual." Given that only 1-2% of the population is gay, that means bisexuals, at least among younger adults, outnumber gay people more than 10-to-1.

It also means that, mathematically, if there are 1500 marvel and dc characters, like 400+ of them should be bisexual, whether they're open about it or not, and given that it's becoming more socially acceptable to be, more and more characters should be coming out as bisexual.
You're probably right.

>Since bisexuals (or at least people who don't consider themselves "100% straight" or "100% gay") are way more common than people who exclusively prefer the same sex

But that's wrong

>30% of US adults under 30

Yes with such fantastic sources as this how could it be wrong

advocate.com/bisexuality/2015/08/20/study-1-3-american-young-adults-identify-bisexual-spectrum

Not saying it's legit but
>of under-30's
>of (all) Americans
Two different figures broski.

And 80% of the world is starving, but you don't see that in comic books do you?

I nominate the following DC characters:
>Wonder Woman (her being entirely straight is silly since her attraction to women was meant to be implicit from the very beginning, and her being entirely gay is silly because she clearly is into Steve Trevor.
>Dick Grayson (because it's unfair for anyone to not get a chance at that)
>The Riddler (because why not?)
>Oliver Queen (but only a little bit)
>Iris West (she could just comment on how hot some actress looked in a movie and Barry be like "I don't disagree" and that's that)

I also nominate Michelangelo from TMNT.

Probably because putting complicated real-world problems that can be solved in minutes by any number of superheroes is insulting to the people actually suffering. Made up problems and social issues are much safer.

This is tumblr and retarded.

90% of the world see themselves as straight, get over your delusion that probably only exist for shipping.

see And you an also check 's image since if you ignore that individual's lack of reading comprehension (as illustrated in ) this says something similar.

Wonder Woman is already bi. Where have you been?

They will never make Dick anything other than straight because of Wertham. And probably not any male Robin in general.

Why wouldn't they? It's cool to do so in certain circles. You can claim you're Bi and get onto short lists for all kinds of shit online.

I'm thinking creative things like Comic book anthologies that only want LGBT people or wiki lists of LGBT youtubers etc.

Because Bisexuals don't make a big deal out of it like 100% homos do. And it isn't as much of a political statement if you're not exclusively into the same sex.

There's not that many bi people, straight chicks just say they're bi to seem cool, gay guys say they're bi because it beats being a total fag.

Fad, like slutty hippies were.

Also, it is better to check HOW these researchs were done.

Describe to me the precise superpower or combination of superpowers that one might use to *permanently* solve world hunger.

How we kill Sup Forumsmblr?

Joker seems a man-leaning bi guy.

Weather manipulation, generation of free energy and plant manipulation.

Wasn't there a JLA story where an alien version of Justice League came to earth and solved all the world's problems, including hunger?

There's Prodigy. I like how they connected it to his power without making it because of his power.

The weirdness of saying it out loud for the first time is pretty relatable.