twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Cooper: Phillip?
>Phillip: Please, be specific
>Cooper: The date, February 23rd, 1989
>Phillip: I'll find it for ya
>Phillip: It's slippery in here
>Phillip: It's good to see you again, Cooper
>Phillip: Say hello to Gordon if you see him
>Phillip: He'll remember the unofficial version(???)
>Phillip: This is where you find Judy
>Phillip: There may be someone
>Phillip: Did you ask me this?

>Phillip: Cooper remember...
>MIKE: ELECTRICITY

Audrey looks great

Honestly, what happend in episde 18. Is it the past or is it the future? And will there be a season 4?

Reminder a kid from a youtube viral video was the one who finally put an end to Killer BOB:

youtube.com/watch?v=dABo_DCIdpM
youtube.com/watch?v=riwKuKSbFDs&t

What's the EXACT second you would need to cut the series off at in order to make it look like a happy ending? I'd say Pete going fishing.

As a side note, the Sarah-attacking-the-photo scene is so fucking alarming.

None of the above

THINGS THAT DONT AMOUNT TO ANYTHING IN AN INTENTIONALLY DREAMLIKE NARRATIVE FROM A DIRECTOR WHO HAS THROUGHOUT HIS WHOLE CAREER USED THE NATURE OF DREAMS AS HIS INSPIRATION?!?!?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!

THINGS THAT HAPPEN THAT CAN'T BE EXPLAINED WITH PREDICTABLE LOGICAL RULES IN AN INTENTIONALLY DREAMLIKE NARRATIVE FROM A DIRECTOR WHO HAS THROUGHOUT HIS WHOLE CAREER USED THE NATURE OF DREAMS AS HIS INSPIRATION?!?!?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!

THINGS THAT DON'T MAKE SENSE WHEN CLOSELY EXAMINED IN AN INTENTIONALLY DREAMLIKE NARRATIVE FROM A DIRECTOR WHO HAS THROUGHOUT HIS WHOLE CAREER USED THE NATURE OF DREAMS AS HIS INSPIRATION?!?!?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!

LYNCH YOU FUCKING HACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please spoonfeed me an explanation about the finale

>It (Judy) is in our house now.
>It all cannot be said aloud now.
>Remember 430 (miles).
>Richard and Linda.
>Two birds with one stone.
>You are far away.

>Time isn't linear
>Moves into all directions (both past and future)
>In FWWM it's showed how both Cooper and Laura interact with the future and the past at the same time)
>Laura's death was neccessary for the balance and flow of time, like a simple gear of a big Machine, get rid of it and the Machine will not work.

>By avoiding Laura's death, Cooper fucked up the flow of time , changing the past and the future.

How could you not get this?

Laura's death shouldn't be avoided, but preserved

All I could think about when seeing these two
youtube.com/watch?v=DIrQ9ilL8aw

Can't believe I wasted so many hours on this season.

It was bad

its future's past

Did you guys remember to order your life-sized Cooper standee?

this thread has sucked the last month, it's all been sherylposting

thank god this general is finally dying

That's wrong
You're dumb
Life is a dream, dickhead

What happens to him now?

>to make it look like a happy ending?
Laura Palmer waking up for school and being alive wasn't a happy ending?

VOTE

strawpoll.me/13858324
strawpoll.me/13858324
strawpoll.me/13858324

What does it sound like again?

You watched 17 hours of something you didn't enjoy?

He gets to stay as lord of hell.

Reminder that Judy won and Coop and Laura are fucked.

His soul was utterly annhiliated, similar to what he did to Windom.

What was the point of anything he did, in retrospect?

Alternative timelines? alternative dimensions? living inside a dream? being stuck in the lodge still? No one really knows.

>lynch made an ending that can be interpreted in multiple different ways
>people arguing and trying to make sense of it in their own say
>people calling him a hack
>being so dumb that you cant even come up with your own explanation to what you think happened
>being that kid in class that gets called on and just doesnt have an opinion because hes a drooling retard
L Y N C H E D

>Fire, Sit With Me For A Bit Please

How exactly are people getting that this is a happy ending where Laura is going to wake up the morning where previously she would have been killed? Why would she let out a gut-wrenching shriek if that were the case? It seems to me that if Laura is "waking up", she's waking up back into her living nightmare where there's no perfect FBI agent who cares about her, no one punch lad to defeat the "monster", no nothing.

Well gee user, that probably would have been a happy ending, but what we actually got was a haunting scream.

You could tell which was a new shot purely from the clarity difference between film and digital. Really took me out any immersion they had going.

Wrong general.

TWIN PEAKS IS SHIT AND YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES FOR THINKING YOU ENJOYED IT

>this is fine

Enjoyed most of it but the ending ruined it all for me. Never expected a resolution but that ending was just beyond ridiculous.

It wasn't a dream , it became a "dream" because Cooper fucked up time, so the OG story ceased to exist.

If it's not real, then it's fantasy , hence why it's now a dream.

Is it just me or was episode 18 Coop actually doppelCoop?

>the way Diane's facial expression changes during the sex scene
>Coop's tone of voice
>the shots used have a similar style to doppelCoop scenes
>more prone to violence/intimidation (as seen in the diner scene)
>the face being overlayed was actually Good Cooper being trapped

Sarah was semi-implied to be the Mother so maybe doppelCoop was trying to hand Laura over so she could have her way with her.

That can happen when you wake from a nightmare.

just like good coop, he had a plan but he fucked it up.

He is sentenced to an eternity of reposting bait with images of unrelated memes attached, he is now Sup Forums.

>being this mad the sherylfsgs won

You should have known it was going to be this way from the beginning with Lynch's Laura hard-on

The Experiment is metaphorically tied to the H-Bomb. You can't solve a problem like the H-Bomb by being a nice guy, or by living in a small town, or by trying to change the past.

Cooper didn't understand that and paid the price.

Is it the story of the little girl who lived down the lane?

Is it?

Lol

do did lynch film both seasons back to back?

140 days.
All the actors said everything was shot in 2 takes, unless someone forgot their lines.
All the Roadhouse performances were shot in 1 day.
Sabrina Sutherland will be doing a reddit ama with an announcement that their is something she can't reveal yet.
Madchen alluded to playing more than one character in an interview.
Kyle saying that everything would make sense in the end.

Proof another season wasn't filmed.

All the behind the scenes sneak/spoiler shots are of what was in this season. No new shots.

ever had a dream where you meet someone who looks exactly like your friend Dale but in the dream they are called Richard and act differently? and you don't even think about it until you wake up?

or a dream that includes your mother, but when you wake up you realize that the mother in the dream looked nothing like your real mother, it was a completely different person.

It was destiny, as the irish lad said.

Yeah, that's the issue. That along with laura and james flashback were not so well edited. I understand there are limits to what you can do but I'm thinking they could probably invest some in blending it all together a little bit better.

>irish
what

I wouldn't call it a waste, there were plenty of great episodes and moments in the season, the ending just wasn't very satisfying.

I took it more as Laura remembering who she was and that she was no longer dead and at peace, but instead alive and dreaming she wasn't a 17 year old girl being raped and tormented by demons daily

So yeah not exactly happy

>Past dictates future
>"Time isn't linear"
At least pay attention next time.

What does putting a gun in hot oil do

I want to grab her tight little ass.

probably gonna get a bit toasty haha

He wasn't Mr. C, it was just regular Coop, but the entire ordeal of being stuck in the lodge for 25 years and jumping across time and space had finally caught up with him. He flips from being Mr. C like in the diner to being Coop again when he finds Laura. He lost his spark, no longer the optimistic young agent who Diane fell in love with.

Black Lodge won bigly

Come to your own conclusions.
The way I see it, Laura woke from the dream and resumed life as normal in 1989 though clearly with the horrible emotional, mental, perhaps even spiritual scars of her life from before Coop prevented her murder.
It's my thought that this was the plan of the Giant, in order to best Judy in some sort of incomprehensible cosmic chess game in which human lives and in turn human misery are playing pieces and betting chips.

friendly reminder that once you get past all the Jesusposting on her Twitter you'll see that Sherilyn Fenn loved working on the Return and was glad people enjoyed the ending. Do not believe the plebs saying she hates Lynch.
twitter.com/sherilynfenn1

Why would people even call Laura surviving and being sent back to that house a "happy ending"? Did they even watch FWWM?

How did Cooper know to look for Freddie? Like he didn't know who he was, but he asked "Are you Freddie?"

Was this hinted at earlier or did he just...know?

>What year is it?

This is Cooper's attempt at rationalizing what is happening, that maybe he's farther in the future or that he's in the past. Any which might explain why they haven't heard of the Palmers.

But it dawns that he's irrevocably fucked up.

well he feels like a middleman, not a stone cold killer but not an easy going fbi man either

This, just because she's alive doesn't make it a happy ending. She was overjoyed to be at peace at the end of FWWM, now Cooper fucked that up.

>Is it just me or was episode 18 Coop actually doppelCoop?
He was both

no pasta, wtf?

>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately ("fuck you, albert", glove, andy and lucy, coordinates, riddles, ...)
>bad acting (Bell, Lynch, Horse, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>roadhouse scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>everything above is literally cringe-tier in concept and implementation
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the return" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>somehow the best thing in tv history

And the future dictates past too (FWWM)

It's one of the plot points I feel they dropped. I would imagine Bob taking over Cooper body would've been like POTUS after 25 years, or some really powerful FBI agent working for evil deed. At the very least, be a serial killer with raping and pillaging young girls like what he did as Leland.

Nah, he's just a random crime lord. After 25 years of crime lording, he suddenly decided to find the coordinate, get fucked over at every turn, teleported into the Sherif department, walked in there with no plan whatsoever and got his body shot by Lucy and got beat by ONE PUNCH MEME LAD.

He is menacing, and Kyle did a great job portraying him. But overall he dindu nuffin at all.

Coop and Mr. C had a baby. Don't confuse it as the baby being the "original" or "real" one. Season 1 coop is still the original.

>Kyle saying that everything would make sense in the end.

Ppfpfpffffffffffffftttttttttttt

He tried to avoid returning to the lodge, and the way to stop that from happening was to do something with Judy, who I guess was in the white lodge (it's in our house now). He enters the white lodge only for Garland to send him to the Sheriff's Office. Not sure why he didn't just bail instead of entering the office though.

DAMN LAURA LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?

Friendly reminder that ''Twin Peaks: The Return, Part 18'' is actually Season 4 Episode 1.

Good ending. Left it open for a new plot in season 4 (I'd rather not), or a movie (yes please.)

Loose ends that bother me:
>we still have no idea what exactly the Owl Cave ring does, concretely
>Audry got cliffhangered worse than she did in the S2 finale and I've seen no decent theories
>What the fuck was the glass box in NYC and who was the billionaire who paid for it?
>What did Laura whisper in Dale's ear? It clearly didn't shed any light on the Richard/Claire "timeline(?)" so what could it be?
>Nadine and Glove Kid never arm wrestled

I don't know if he was full Booper, I think he was just scared shitless and knew that he'd fucked everything up.

Despite how bipolar she is, Sherilyn's always seemed like a sweetheart.

He pulled an evangelion that means that there will be a movie that will confuse us even more.

After all the effects during the entire season, this is what bothers you the most?

He knew a lot of things, but what he knew, nobody could really know. Because he didn't know about what would happen later on.

>ending retroactively ruining what you enjoyed
thats dumb

WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THE VALERO SCENE

To be hardcore, no matter if his mom would let him or not.

Honestly? Odds are that it does a whole lotta nothing. But are you gonna stick your hand in any time soon to grab 'em?

I asked the same previously, but some have said that the punch that shatters the BOB orb literally removes him from existence across past and future, therefore Laura would be waking into a normal life. That doesn't really add up for me with the amount of attention paid to the past dictating the future and so forth, but I don't know. What a fucking ride.

>>What the fuck was the glass box in NYC and who was the billionaire who paid for it?

1. Judy
2. Booper's Vegas Contacts

But I didn't say it bothered me the most.

Why didn't Richard just call Gordon?

>>What the fuck was the glass box in NYC and who was the billionaire who paid for it?
The FBI/Gordon Cole

GAS GAS GAS

That's how it usually is with movies and games. When there is a build up that leads nowhere. Anti-climatic as fuck.

He's not super hyped about coffee too. He just nodded slowly.

>people are still confused as to what happened with Audrey
coop splintered the original timeline to the point that the entire world changed, but Audrey was likely the only one in twin peaks who was aware that reality was warping around her (or at the very least experienced the jump between realities– she obviously doesn't have a fucking clue what's actually going on). The fact that she was one of the few who encountered dopplecoop after dale was trapped in the lodge would probably be enough of a traumatic experience that would puncture through to her present psyche in the same way that sarah calling out laura's name broke through to carrie.

you're delusional if you think this show will be nominated for an emmy

BadCoop was responsible for the glass box, there were pictures of him setting it up, I forget which episode.

to show you that they were in present day

>This is my cousin.
>Doesn't she look almost exactly like Laura Palmer?
>I'll see you again in 25 years

Was the Laura in the Red Room actually Carrie Page?