Who ruined Star Wars more...

Who ruined Star Wars more, Original Trilogy worshipers who hailed it to high heaven and treat it like it was the Second Coming or nerd culture appropriators who insulted Star Wars before 2007.

>Who ruined Star Wars
People who thought it was any good, ever.

OT neckbeard worshippers.

George Lucas.

The fact that the sequel trilogy doesn't properly expand upon the story and is all about OT wanking proves it.

>MUH HAN AND HIS PARSECS
>MUH VADER
>MUH EMPIRE
>MUH REBELLION

Fuck OT worshipers. Because of them we can't have anything legit new since they'll hate it like the prequels

OT worshipers

TFA being bland, obnoxiously self-aware fanwank isn't the fault of the OT or the OT's fans. It's the fault of Abrams and Kasdan.

I more or less find the prequels mediocre at best, but I still dislike TFA too. My issue with the prequels has less to do with them being different from the OT and more to do with the fact they're a bit shit.

George Lucas and the quest for more money ruined it.

Original Trilogy worshippers allowed for this beast to become like it is, and now the appropriators are jumping on board because money can be made.

Star Wars was ruined even before it was released in the 70s, it was doomed to ruination as a result of its own success.

OT worshipers and their nostalgia is what ruined Star Wars.

>Muh TIE Fighters and X-Wings, and Han Solo. I can't wait to take muh kids to see da new movie so that I can relive muh childhood with them!!!

Lucas was never in it for the money though and didn't want it to become as popular as it did in the 70s. He already said that he was pressured by the fans back then and it all started from there.

Harry Potter fags suffer from the same delusion. The all have the "IT WAS MY CHILDHOOD THEREFORE CAN NOT BE WRONG!" delusion. I'm willing to admit stuff I watched as a kid was pretty shit but the fact they can't let go of the fact and personally attack anyone is beyond fucking stupid.

>Tfw pop-culture infantilism was a mistake

All of the biggest and most sincere Star Wars fans I've met (I've met some of the most hardcore ones in the world) actually liked the prequels and appreciated the series moving in new directions and despise the new stuff. I feel the same way only not so hard, Lucas got a disgustingly raw deal from a lot of people who claim to love him. RLM are horrible.

>Lucas was never in it for the money though

That's a fucking lie and you know it. Maybe he was a maverick auteur doing it for the art back in 1977, but he was no different than your typical executive in a suit after the success of the original movie.

Prequel-shitters are directly responsible for the glib facsimile that is NuWars

The first film is a great space epic. The other films are mediocre blockbusters

greedy jews

First time I watched the entire saga I did not care about Jar jar binks, and was actually surprised and kind of sad about he getting a smaller role in the other films. Later I discovered Internet and found out he was universally hated, for some reason

>Lucas was never in it for the money

Yeah, at first probably but when he got his big ol' check from Star Wars, suddenly something like the Star Wars Holiday Special and another commercial, non-artistic hot garbage came spewing from his asshole.

>0.02 cents have been deposited into your account by Disney.

Keep shilling to maintain that bottom line, you guys! Disney can't make its billions without your help maintaining the value of their shit series.

This. Even as a virgin 12yr old I was patrician enough to be crushingly disappointed by the Phantom Menace enough to not even see the other prequels to this day.

Disney ruined starwars
inb4 mousecuck shills and RLM dick riders

Lucas is a visionary who is willing to take risks and try something new. The '''''''''''''''''fans''''''''''''''' are the ones to blame who ridiculed Lucas and couldn't handle anything new, riskier, fresher, only to delude their minds with the OT.

>inb4 lol Jar Jar binks tho xDDDD

Ironic...

Jar-Jar did nothing wrong. Shitting on Jar Jar was the beginning of pseud nitpicking culture. The original idea behind him was awesome and even as retarded comic relief he was never unbearable.

Did you not marathon my entire post-kino? All of the turbo-nerds I know hate Disney's shit, as do I.

Prequels >= OT > the various video games and whatever else >>>>>>>>> Disney-shit

>Who ruined Star Wars
People like you

The prequels have a few interesting ideas, but most of what constitutes the core of the story is already present in the original films. The issue with the prequels isn't their basic ideas anyway, just the details of their execution.

But I never liked it, I always preferred Gundam.

Then just don't watch the movies
how hard is that

Neither of them. The real cancer of the Star Wars fandom are the nu-males who grew up with the prequels and who think Revenge of the Sith is actually good. They shit on the new films despite them being pretty well made.

It's impossible because I'm always having DUDE STAR WARS GREATEST SHIT EVER! shoved in my face not only by normies but the media every day. It's impossible to escape from.

You brainlets needs to stop listening to everything RLM tells you. If Lucas was such a moneywhore then why did he give all the money he got from Disney to charity or even pay $2 million per episode of a tv show that wasn't even making a profit? We would've had loads of soulless garbage like TFA by now.

How does that mean you have to watch the movies?

Did you never learn how to ignore shit?

>They shit on the new films despite them being pretty well made.
>pretty well made

The one thing I liked about TFA is that it is going to age better than the prequels despite still feeling incredibly sterile. I got no excitement out of any of the new environments but the OT aesthetic was kind of nice.

>it is going to age better than the prequels
Yeah, no.

The prequels have already aged poorly in terms of visual effects
TFA will be less memorable but more accepted

>the sheer delusion of prequel babbies

No more than the effects from the OT. How did we get from Grevious to something like Snoke in a decade?

>prequel babbies
>delusion
okay u

/thread

>No more than the effects from the OT.
Yeah but the Phantom Menace effects look weirder somehow. Go back and watch them they stick out.