They're never going back, are they?

They're never going back, are they?

don't worry user, when magneto said to send them back, rightclops said that it didn't matter

Sadly no... I think marvel is going towards a direction that is relatable to teens and preteens. They need the O5. That's why they have Laura acting like a typical teenage girl.

Bringing them to the future was literally just an excuse to bring Jean back from the dead once again.

>rightclops said that it didn't matter

But he almost disappeared when shota cyclops was dying.

There are several ways to keep them in the present without affecting the timestream, but they're not going to address that or why they can't go back.

>There are several ways to keep them in the present without affecting the timestream

Like what?

No, they can get Rachel Grey'd into irrelevance real fast tho.

Nope. The past is in the past.

So is the stuff that's happening to them in present affecting their current older selves in the past? Is oldBobby getting memories about him being in the future seeing him as he is now? Are they changing the timeline? Creating a new one? How does time travel work in Marvel?

Rucka had the right idea sending Yungclops out to space. At least break them up and seed them among a bunch of young hero team books, oh wait, Marvel shuttered all of those books.

This is the worst time travel subplot. They usually are sending people to the past to prevent horrible things in the future. Here they just sent them to the future because they needed more cliche teen drama.

so cyclops was wrong

Did this nigga just throw a chair?

Mutie time fuckery never made much sense.
See: Cable.

earlier i made a thread about boycotting DC because it's being bought by AT & T and it was deleted

Kidclops is in Champions isn't he?

Bishop and Cable have been pushed aside. forget 90s edginess, now we have the 90s edginess PARALLAX

Good.
I hate unfair competition as much as the next guy but Marvel is way more deserving of a boycott right now.

you don't understand.

as soon as Time Warner is bought be AT and T, then some other corporation will come along and buy Disney

it's a capitalist arms race. the big two are the republicans and democrats. the pepsi and the coke. it's bullshit.

time warner will be purchased for 80 billion

disney net worth is 85 billion

Yeah I still don't understand. Why do I care?

If anything, we're going to see less of the adults.

Marvel is planning for the future. People are calling them out on forced diversity, but that's only part of it. What they're really trying to force is legacies. They've got the O5, Champions, Wolverine, Captain Falcon, Ghost Rider, Riri, Whor, and probably more that I forgot, all running around right now. Sure legacies are nothing new, but when has Marvel ever unilaterally, as a brand, tried to create so many and keep them relevant at the same time? Why do it now?

Movies. Film deals saved Marvel from bankruptcy in the 90s, and later got bought entirely by Disney. The current MCU is a huge cash cow. More so than the comics. Problem is, actors age and move on to other projects. They're already likely to lose RDJ and Evans after A4, and Johansen and Renner won't be far behind. But those brands are too profitable to retire.

Marvel is forcing legacy characters into the comics so that they have characters to use in the movies when the actors move on or get old. They don't care if it impacts comic sales, because they're owned by Disney, and Disney knows the real money is in films and merch. The comics are just the testbed to see what sticks, while maintaining the false legitimacy of being stories "from the comics"

I want a complete reboot and overhaul of them

you're the problem

The need past-Bobby around to keep up their fag quotient.

meanwhile halo 6 is coming out.

next 20 years is unoriginal hacks pumping out repetitive schlock for the kiddies.

They will be sent back and brainwashed up and down before Iceman's 18th birthday.

Like almost everything else with them, it's already canon.

They have to go back

they'll be retconned one day

What I don't get is why Cyclops would ditch the X-Men for the Champions?
Cyclops even in his earliest days in the X-Men felt a grim responsibility for them and would be the least likely member to ever quit them.
So even if that Cyclops is transported to the future, he should still cling with the X-Men.

But what am I even saying? This thing in the Champions is not and never were Cyclops. He looks too young even for Cyclops' early X-Men days.
He's probably some dumb Skrull agent who didn't study X-Men history well enough. Yeah, that must be it.

It's simple : he's seen what's he gonna turn into if he stays with the X men and fights for chuck dream, not only he will die but his friends will loathe him and there'll be no rewards, just misery and hatred. So why bother, also Jean ditched him and the X men blame him for everything old Cyclops did, plus the X men got shit covered. So why stay with those ungrateful bastards that'll turn their back on him when he's no longer useful instead of supporting him like the friends and family they're supossed to be? That's the reason he ditched the X men to be with his dad, that will always love him unconditionally and that's why he's ditching the all new X men now, plus Waid > hopeless

Gonna build a time wall and get the past to pay for it

>to be with his dad

without alex, even!

No, it's not simple. It's bullshit.
This is some DC tier shit having two versions of the same character exist in the same timeline.
Bad decision to bring them back. Bad everything they did with the X-Men.

My favorite thing about this is that it completely negates every story with time travel in it. There are no consequences for messing with time, because the time line will correct itself to make the paradoxes work
Nothing should keep anyone from going back and change an unfortunate event since it'll sort itself out. Thanks Bendix

I like young Jean but the rest can go back.

Wait so by that logic they should never fight Kang.

>How does time travel work in Marvel?

In general it used to be that time travel caused a fork and a new universe was born rather than creating a time loop.

Don't know how things work now though.

The Crossing reloaded incoming.
The X-ing.

If I recall right that was a more modern creation/answer around 2000ish that also had a scale for being able to correct it before it forks over.
Most witters however just write how they want it to work.
Modern Marvel stop worrying about continuity over a 13 years ago

Young Scott Summers wants to die.
But he can't. He already did.
The whole universe-shattering paradox threat is just too great to undo that timeline.
So he has to live this out.
He's been told that he destroys the lives of everyone he loves, everyone who's ever loved him, he's just wrong, it's the nightmare of his whole life becoming as destructive as his optic blasts left unchecked. He now embodies the threat he fears more than anything.
So why burden everyone with his presence? Hasn't he done enough harm?
But there's no out. If they stay like Jean wants, and he -will- do absolutely anything she asks of him, then it's just a matter of time before the paradox destroys the universe... and it's all his fault for going insane when he grows up and inspiring Beast's time-travel mistake.
Or maybe they will find a way to go back, and Jean will be convinced to do so of her own free will... That best-case scenario has him telepathically lobotomized so that he can live out this nightmare life that leads to insanity and deaths, after hurting everyone he cares about and destroying any chance of mutantkind achieving Xavier's dream.
That's on him, that's his fate if things go right.
So all the time he has allotted in his life to not do harm is right now, and he knows that he'll just fail at being an X-Man like the other Scott, if he does that.

Yeah, his whole existence is miserable. I think his purpose is to do as much good as he can and enjoy life as much as he can before going back to his timeline and face his inevitable fate of turning into something he doesn't want to be and destroy everything he loves

But it'll feel good to help people... for a little while... it'll feel better...

What was over 13 years ago?

Rise of Bendis.

In Marvel comics Time is a living thing. Literally.
FYI: So is Existence, Chaos, Order, Entropy, and Death, among others.
These are cosmic personifications of what is... or in Entropy's case, what isn't.

So sometimes, TIME will heal itself: some time traveler will go back or forth in time and muck things up, well things will readjust - fate will intercede in order to keep things on plan, Rachel Summers and Bishop have both noted that events from their own alternate reality future's history will manage to play out in one manner or another no matter what steps are taken to change history.
A good example of that is Rachel's knowledge that her mother's entire family, the Greys, are killed by Sentinels, well that fate was prevented when a time-travelling Kitty Pryde altered Sentinel history, nevertheless the Greys were all murdered by aliens afraid of the Phoenix's family line - the same motive the Sentinels had.

Jean should just stay dead. Has ahe done anything of note lately besides brainwashing Bobby into being gay?

>Relatable
>Need the O5
>That's why X-men sales have been at their lowest in 20 years.
Ha. I can't wait till it gets worse.

No. All-New O5 are waste of space in current year. Or they drag other characters down, like Angel.

This isn't the gaybashing thread. It doesn't exist for you to air your personal issues.
Suck it up for once and pretend you're a decent human being. Pretend hard.

Not him, but how could anyone ever defend the gay-Bobby retcon? It was just awful in every aspect, from concept to execution.

Pretty much that, although there were stories where characters went into the past, and events would seem to conspire to keep them from changing the past, or they were te cause of a set event in the past -- I think the "forking" idea may have come about with the advent of "WHAT IF-?" in the 70s.

I actually like the idea that this is not the actual O5. That this is actually Beast just fucking with Scott because he has just turned into a spiteful bastard. I mean the whole Scott vanished when his young self can easily be retconned as Jean brainwashing everyone so they couldn't see Scott.

Seriously the Battle of the Atom makes it incredibly easy to write the O5 as an alternate reality team.

>I mean the whole Scott vanished when his young self
Just to mention in case you didn't read Ultimates, if you kill Kidclops now, nothing will happens to Rightclops.