previous thread:

UN Security Council meeting number 8039th about nuclear proliferation and DPRK

Was it kino?

thoughts on twin peaks "the return"?

5/5 best thing in 5 years.

>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately ("fuck you, albert", glove, andy and lucy, coordinates, riddles, ...)
>bad acting (Bell, Lynch, Horse, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>roadhouse scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>everything above is literally cringe-tier in concept and implementation
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the return" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>somehow the best thing in tv history

wget some taste kiddo

I'm pretty new to the site so the movies in my favorites aren't necessarily accurate but are just the ones I was able to think of off the top of my head. Valhalla Rising and Bleeder are from when I was pushing my way through Refn's filmography. Good early stuff but couldn't bring myself to watch Only God Forgives and Neon Demon. Silence was a great movie. Beautiful. Something I'll have to watch a second time or more to fully appreciate the nuances and weight of. Chinatown was pretty masterfully crafted. I think it will become a favorite if I get to revisit it.

Surrealism sucks. Reality is art.

>Something I'll have to watch a second time or more to fully appreciate the nuances and weight of. Chinatown was pretty masterfully crafted
How? It was barely the first flick to be done from perspective let alone tackle incest. Try Chinatown Nights if you want something with more intellectual and social weight.
Also
>jew
*sneers

Ancient Beans :3

Bruce's taste is impeccable.

FUCK YOU

I enjoyed the story but, more importantly, I enjoyed the pacing that led the audience through it. I may not have felt like everything in the story was unique but with each scene I felt that I was being given enough information to keep me interested in the story and it's outcome. I would only want to watch it again to see if that consistency is apparent in the entire movie.

Why did you take a half star off Birth

Because he's afraid to look like a racist

Is this true? You're the only one that can answer for yourself

Go film a bag caught in the wind you little cocksucker

It was pretty good, but jesus christ it caused the biggest flood of 18 year old pseuds I've ever seen on this website.

RIP old twin peaks threads, you were my favourite thing on Sup Forums but you're home to the biggest pile of cunts on the board now

*sniff* I...I-I'M SORRY *sniff* please let the shaming ENNNDDD

what a pile of ass

Yet, tpg is far better thread than lbg.

letterboxd.com/27AMDi34/

>avant-garde
>short form
>nonobjective
>verse-film
>structuralism
>video art

a
m
d
j
e
e
t

Little known fact. The 1920's and 30's to this day still have the largest American commercial film output.

Little known fact. Eating a whole pie for 8 minutes gives you gas.

Nice 911. Little known fact, Ronald Reagan was considered for the lead role in Casablanca

If you were to do such a thing, where would you release those fumes might I ask?

Get the fuck outta here and go poo in the loo, 27AMDi34.

letterboxd.com/farre/

What are some commie kinos?

youtube.com/watch?v=P1CyPjQQTAM

>you're home to the biggest pile of cunts on the board now
I guess /lbg/ got dethroned

POO

Bruce what do you think of the early 2000's Spider-Man movies

Freebie and the Emily Bean

They're good but something's missing

love love LOVE emelee jeane!!! cutie patootie!!

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

Original Name

really liking It Happened One Night so far

I literally just got finished watching this lol

haha me too!!! xD

me tooooooooo!!!!

prove it

says the fucking cumskin

"pigskin" is better desu

Just thought the timing was pretty good

Honky sounds good too,quite funny word actually

no

But you hate Frank Capra

that wun't me

Why did you skip American Madness, The Bitter Tea of General Yen, The Miracle Woman, and The Younger Generation?

because i watch films from the point of view of an 80 year old in the 1930s who only watches movies that some anonymous old men think are the best because "I only watch the best!"

Why did you skip the Criminal Code, The Dawn Patrol, and Scarface?

Why did you skip The Big Trail and Hello Sister?

It Happened One Night wa my first Capra movie but I'm hoping to watch more. Thank you for the suggestions.

>Scarface
i may watch that as a bonus, as Paul Muni is in it

Yes it was, Bruce. Don't lie to me.

The Academy committee wasn't comprised of 80 year old men in the 30's. Some may disagree but I generally consider just like the Golden Age, the 30s and 40s were the absolute peak of the Oscars

really?
youtube.com/watch?v=Kt0mgFtdQwk

But The Big Trail has early John Wayne

John Wayne wasn't an awards man until True Grit
Paul Muni was nominated for I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang the same year

These don't look like 80 year old men

why don't americans sound like this anymore? they sound less intelligent now desu

>What are you watching? Start a diary and tell your friends…

Why?

True Grit was a pity award

>why don't americans sound like this anymore?
Rule of Subtraction: the human race has continually genetically devolved since modernism

Because

>the 30s and 40s were the absolute peak of the Oscars
well duh, they had more movies nominated back then!
I guess the Oscars have been going through a renaissance since 2009, huh? understandable, it had The Help,
Birdman, and La La Land

Paul Muni did John Wayne before him though

i watched more shitty movies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you noncecases kidding me? You all suck at film. Go back to video games.

letterboxd.com/sylvydra/

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon will be the last film I watch before moving out...

BIG MEATY CLAWS

You're right, friend. Dragons do have big meaty claws.

Are they for attracting mates?

letterboxd.com/deathmaumau/

You mean Deathmurnau

Good one.

नमस्ते

IN

THE

Yes :)

LOO

*tickles
Brucie poo, time for your warm milk and nap

gay

t. pooboy

Your first mistake was existing, /lbg/. Your second mistake was thinking you know more than me. I'm here to correct both of those mistakes. No matter how much time it takes, from now until the end of time, I'll be here to prove you wrong and destroy you. Give up, /lbg/, you can't win. I will always outmatch you physically, mentally, genetically and sexually. I never tire, I choose to sleep. I never hunger, I choose to eat. I can prove anything. I choose not to. Now get off my board and go back to plebbit. This is your warning.

Is this pasta?

no

Is this poo-sta :3

gay

pastafrola

yay!!!!!!!!

wahoo!!!!!!!!

woo wee!!!!!!!!