Describe Wonder Woman's personality

Describe Wonder Woman's personality.

Compassionate and understanding to her friends but in a down to Earth approachable way, ruthless to her enemies.

greedy slut who hangs around so all the dudes have someone to bang

The nicest lady in the world who will break your ass if you don't comport yourself in a civilized manner.

>Woman
>personality

Stupid whore, and manslut who likes to steal people's men before leaving them after they get in too deep.

Boooooooooring

If she's on a team, she's a violent warrior bitch

If she's in her solo, literally the exact opposite

go to bed lois

You know warrior women like Wondy or Red Sonja, they are usually sexual predators.

She has none
She is essentially mommy mode with a look that implies feminist power agenda

Which version?
Like most cape characters (especially DC's) it's all over the place depending on where you look.

She doesn't have one. She just does whatever the writer that week wants. Sometimes naive, sometimes compassionate, sometimes a crazy warrior bitch. It's the big reason why she's not as popular as Batman or Supes. I mean they both have extremely well defined personalities, you tell what movies they like without ever even being told or you can tell when some line of narration or a joke doesn't fit them, they can practically write themselves. WW is just boring and empty. Wondeisha probably has a more defined personality than she does.

Next question.

Asshole feminist "strong womyn" sterotype that's always angry.

>there are people who unironically don't like Diana

When plebs go too far.

this t b h

I honestly don't think I've ever seen a version of Diana I've liked. Not even for the sake of fanservice. They're all just... bossy and unpleasant. She should be more like my japanese animes.

Pretty much spot on. No wonder her main love interest is as bland as she is.

Someone please elevate Artemis to the big leagues please.

Tough love

This
Also like metal music.

Depends on who's writing.

Which run?

Good post. Anyone who says Wonder Woman doesn't have a personality just doesn't read comics.

For some reason, I like the idea of Diana being a fan of GWAR. I think it's because she's already a fan of Dethklok.

Is that the killer kung fu wolf bitch?

SHE TRIED TO TAKE MY MAN!

She's the most compassionate major DC character, even more so than Superman. She may be a fearless warrior but she was raised in a culture that taught her to avoid violence if she could.

Is there any evidence or moments in canon that show her as particularly more compassionate than Superman or Billy Batson any other super hero?

Is hating necks a personality?

No it's a fetish.

Not in Geoff Johns' Justice League or Charles Soule & Peter Tomasi's Superman/Wonder Woman.

In SM/WW she likes electronic music.

Explain pic related then, where Superman had to school her on the importance of protecting the lives of bystanders and respecting the wounded.

DC doesn't really have heavy guidelines for their characters. There's no bible that writers look to for guidance. This means that many errors happen and many people write or draw characters differently. This is why Batman is varying degrees of grumpy, no one has settled on Barbara Gordon's eye color, and no one can figure out whether Harley is a psychiatrist or psychologist.

WW is a Big 3 member but her personality is the less definite. I don't know why but no one interpretation sticks forever. Some write her as compassionate like she's supposed to be, others want her to be Xena 2.0, and others want her as hyper violent and justicey in contrast to the softy Supes and non-lethal but aggressive Bats.

I'd say that DC will go backwards to try to make Superman stand out.

For example when he's paired with Batman, to make Superman look better, Batman's reduced to an grumpy and obsessed creepy fucker who can't compromise in anything, no matter how sensible the situation.

So when Superman is paired with Wonder Woman, all the compassion and understanding is sucked out of her. She becomes a naive and violent woman who Superman has to teach what's what and contain. She's basically reduced to "the warrior".
Even her idealistic trait is shown as something bad, making her out to be a naive and forceful person that see in Superman the answer in implementing her ideas of "utopia", forcing Superman to teach her about the nuances and complexities of the modern world.

Shitty nu52 writing.

>tried
. . . sure.

Try hard and Fake.

Math checks out.

she's just....so inspiring, you know?

>ctrl+f "dominant"
>0 of 0
Alright, then.

Turns out bad comics have bad characterization.

Women don't have personalities
Shit bait, OP

sjw, guys, sjw. the original. she'll put you back in line, and you'll love it.

Even if this is shitposting I hate your guts

>Translation: DC's got some pretty shitty writing even with its most popular characters, and making endless multiverse storylines, reboots and alternate timelines is just making it an uphill battle

...Go on

t. /r9k/

Yet, here you are

Lot of dudes who can't get dares in this thread.

Wonder Woman is Disney Warrior-Princess. She's everything little girls want to be and Bros want to date. Kind, compassionate, loves all things and will kill the fuck out of anything dangerous with no remorse...but only if there is no other way.

Congrats on making today's cringiest post.

She's like such a legend yknow like an ideal

Trained in the deadly art of the kumete (HYA!)

kind, compassionate, loving, determined, brave, protective, decisive, wise, hopeful

its not hard.
what are you trying to prove

Very generic, nothing to make her stand out from anyone else.

S/WW was a shitty book and no one liked it. The end.

So Wondy is constantly jobbing to threats if Woorf is apart of her equation?

kek

Whoa so things I don't like aren't a part of characters anymore?

Great. I guess Peter is back to his job at the Bugle, because what I like and don't like shapes reality.

Batman? OK, do you think that stands out against Batman?

I swear this feels like a Sup Forums thread with the not getting it.

I have no idea. I can tell you about all the other superheroes (hell, even fucking Ant-Man), but, for the life of me, I can't describe hers. I can talk about her powers and her general goals, but strip those away and there's nothing really there.

>implying Batman and Superman isn't all of those things and more.

You basically just described any hero.

Her personality is certainly jobbed to make either Superman or Batman look good anyway.

Nah, that only happens for Superman.

Batman's popular enough that he can be used as an asshole to serve as a contrast to any character. So usually Wonder Woman's portrayed fine when teaming up with him.

Allways thought like this is the case. It seems like since they are power women, it extends to their sexuality. Does this mean Powergirl, Xena would go into the same set too ? highly likely. But no experience on reading those two.

The problem with Wonder Woman when standing next to Superman is that they're too similar.

They're both idealistic, determined, kind, compassionate, naive, brave, protective, decisive, hopeful and yadda-yadda.

So when they're featured together in stories one has to bite the bullet and play the "bad cop", which can't be Superman because he's the motherfucking Superman. So since Wonder Woman has "amazon" and "princess" as a background she ends up being reduced to: arrogant, brutish, stubborn, cruel, aloof, fiery, cold and so on. All so she can serve as a contrast to Superman.

That's also why Superman and Batman team-ups gell so well, since Batman's already perfect to play the "bad cop" with Superman. So very little is changed about Batman. Writers only accentuate his famous characteristics a bit more to serve as a foil to Superman.

The only stories where Superman and Wonder Woman team-ups work are the ones where Batman's there somewhere to act the asshole for the both of them, but even in those sometimes try to make Wonder Woman to be more extreme than Batman himself, usually by showing Batman as the calm and collected one and she as the fiery and brutish one, while Superman remain his perfect kind and understanding self.

Can we replace Worf with Teal'c? He actually gets shit done.

Then again the "they are not gods" thing might fuck up the equation

Fuck off, MGTOW.

Nearly all women in comic books have the exact same personality. They're spunky, flirtatious, fiercely independent, witty, fiery, brave, determined, and decisive.

It's like you put the same person in a different body and give them a slightly different story to explain their identical traits.

I noticed this problem in the Supernatural TV show as well. For whatever reason, all the female demons in the show are exact replicas of each other personality wise. And whenever a new one shows up, she'll have the exact same flirtatious and witty personality as the last one.

Not all media suffers from this. For example, all the women on Buffy had very different personalities.

A bitch who wants to conquer shit by using another super hero in tow.

This primarily happens when a narrative has only one major female character (whether in a given part of the narrative or throughout the whole narrative). She has to represent "all women" in order to seem like a "real" character, and she ends up being "too much" of a character to be believable.

Which is weird, because in a female-heavy narrative, no one ever thinks a singular male character has to represent "all men", y'know?

(Buffy circumvents this by having multiple female characters, so each one could get their own fleshed-out personality over the course of the show.)

Torn between being a royalty, a warrior, an icon, a champion of love and peace while serving justice in an unjust world that she's mostly ignorant of.

Those are motivating factors, not actual personality traits.

When Barbara turns back into Cheetah and we all know she will, replace her with Helen Sandsmark, an expert who is called in to assist Diana by the organization Steve works for. Retcon New 52 Teen Titans hard: Cassie already has daughter-of-Zeus powers but keeps it on the DL because this is a soft reboot so she's back to the wig and glasses phase.

Etta already exists, but needs characterization that prevents her from becoming either the generic black lady or a second-rate Amanda Waller.

Artemis as Themiscyra's political ambassador would be hilarious and give her another immortal to hang out with.

Hey look, a female cast!

Name ONE time Worf jobbed. Just one, I dare you.

I think it gives conflict to her innate personhood. She cannot balance all of them so whichever duty takes priority will affect and determine her personality.

Maybe she doesn't have a concrete personality but one that ebbs and flow with her duties. Or maybe she has only one trait that is constant: Fortitude.

why she has a jet when she can fly?

carrying more shit with less effort

Women can fly jets?

She originally couldn't fly so it's just a holdover from that time period pre-crisis.

easier to carry the groceries.

why do we drive cars if we can walk

Which Wonder Woman?

why do you post on Sup Forums when you can live?

Hi Bendis.

Why do you stay anonymous when you can be a namefag?

>I'd say that DC will go backwards to try to make Superman stand out.
>For example when he's paired with Batman, to make Superman look better, Batman's reduced to an grumpy and obsessed creepy fucker who can't compromise in anything, no matter how sensible the situation.

That's because you live in a fantasy world where you think DC would sacrafice it's golden cow to make anyone look good. Come back to reality batfag where Bruce can kick anyones ass including Superman and WonderWoman at the same time.

Pretty laid-back and keeps to herself when she's not working. ...Funny, she always seems very calm and kinda quiet. Doesn't crack jokes, doesn't have loud hobbies...

I mean, she probably reads and does gardening in her down time.

Gogo, she ain't. Or Barda. Although she has a lot in common with Barda.

Were there any other character that took the mantle other than Artemis and Hippolyta?

I would greatly agree on this. It would explain why there's a different depictions of Diana from every writer that handles her. I guess it all boils down to which of her duties are more important to her at the moment.

Fixed, it was triggering my autism

A foxy slunt

I got it, she's like a schizo then.