/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

>scenes with Carrie Page were a dream and Laura from 1989 is the dreamer
>Cooper seems a little different because he enters her dreamrealm and Laura's subconscious more or less takes control from here
>Cooper is "Richard" now because that's the name Laura's subconscious gives him
>last scene Cooper asks "what year is it?"
>we hear the slowed down voice of Sarah Palmer from the Pilot episode calling out to her daughter Laura upstairs to come down for breakfast
>people often hear outside sounds from the real world in their dream before waking up
>Carrie recognizes the voice and screams jolting her out of the dream and in her bed as Laura Palmer
>the morning they would have found her body had Cooper not had altered the past

Meanwhile... strawpoll.me/13858324

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R1E5SJaXc30
youtube.com/watch?v=S8eRDkiwGMM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Did lynch film the Return and a movie/another season back to back?

>140 days.
>All the actors said everything was shot in 2 takes, unless someone forgot their lines.
>All the Roadhouse performances were shot in 1 day.
>Sabrina Sutherland will be doing a reddit ama with an announcement that their is something she can't reveal yet.
>Madchen alluded to playing more than one character in an interview.
>Kyle saying that everything would make sense in the end.

for the guys that are saying that "coop" fucked up trying to save laura and he created a crack in reality with that

Remember that coop got out of the red room and when to 430 mile and that he knew that after passing that they would probably be someone else. So, he did know what they were doing

Also the sex between coop and Diane in the motel was filled with sadness and resignatión, It was like something they were forced to do so the things could work in a certain way

finale was fucking terrible

What's she telling him?

finale was fucking terrible

No it wasn't

>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately ("fuck you, albert", glove, andy and lucy, coordinates, riddles, ...)
>bad acting (Bell, Lynch, Horse, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>roadhouse scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>everything above is literally cringe-tier in concept and implementation
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the return" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>somehow the best thing in tv history

Does anyone know what music was playing during the end credits for Part 18?

Why don't we keep our nauseatingly bad theories out of the OPs?

what a disappointment

MILF

>all that greentext like it's an amazing revelation that even a retard couldn't have surmised from watching the finale
Christ /tpg/ is entry level as fuck.

>Sabrina Sutherland will be doing a reddit ama with an announcement that their is something she can't reveal yet.

thats not what was said at all. They said there will be an AMA, and she wont be able to answer certain questions because she is not allowed to yet. They didnt say there would be an announcement

in some recent pictures sheryl lee actually looks pretty good but here she looks at least 60 years old

Diane wanted to have sex with Coop but she could only see the doppelganger. That's why she tried to cover his face.

>Cooper: Phillip?
>Phillip: Please, be specific
>Cooper: The date, February 23rd, 1989
>Phillip: I'll find it for ya
>Phillip: It's slippery in here
>Phillip: It's good to see you again, Cooper
>Phillip: Say hello to Gordon if you see him
>Phillip: He'll remember the unofficial version(???)
>Phillip: This is where you find Judy
>Phillip: There may be someone
>Phillip: Did you ask me this?

>Phillip: Cooper remember...
>MIKE: ELECTRICITY

where is the DIANE ASS WEBM

So we agree this is the best TV show in decades, right?

>saggy butt being held up by tight jeans

No

I miss Candie

This season is literally a dream, a doppelganger. That's why it feels so different and has that empty and somewhat lifeless feeling. Lynch is breaking the fourth wall.

and remember that one page was missing from the diary, Carrie PAGE was the page missing.

She dreamt about cooper, and about all we saw in part 18, but the page was lost.

Look at this image

Hello Sup Forums friends! Hope you enjoyed the return!
I'm willing to answer some questions. Don't not ask about what things mean. That is not a beautiful thing to ask about.
Also tell Showtime to give us SEASON 4!!!!!

>It (Judy) is in our house now.
>It all cannot be said aloud now.
>Remember 430 (miles).
>Richard and Linda.
>Two birds with one stone.
>You are far away.

meh i preffer the walking dead

Two major things I still don't understand
>the arm and audrey both saying "is this the story of the little girl (laura?) who lived down the lane?"
>richard and linda, two birds, one stone

>87303812
you're not funny

Stop lying. Lynch has no interest in a Season 4.

>Cooper doesn't tell Diane she's nice and wet

that's why she left him.

>>Phillip: He'll remember the unofficial version(???)
after Coop changes history, Gordon will remember the unofficial version.

No, cooper wasn't enjoying it neither, and it was his idea, Diane didn't know what were they doing there. He asked cooper what to do.

fuck that was dark. ultimate running theme of the getting old and dying and loss and being forgotten got me fucked up. hope I didn't just watch Lynch's "lazarus." nothing new for him but ain't that just like him.

>tfw I love endings like these where things get reset to absolute zero

Hello Sup Forums friend! I would love to do a season 4 with my pals Kale and Mark!

So if the finale is set on Ukraine, why are they speaking in English?

You've been lynched.

"you have 25 years to work this Black Lodge pussy Daddy Coop haha wouldn't that be crazy if the finale was an ambiguous confusing mess just like the rest of this series haha nobody will expect that"

This was literally the perfect ending to the whole series. Now I see why Lynch wouldn't want to do Season 4. The whole Laura Palmer arc has been resolved, which was the whole point of the show.

LYNCHED

Odessa is worldly city.

"We aren't real"

SEASON 4 EPISODE 1 WAS RELEASED IN CROATIA

>Phillip: There may be someone
>Phillip: Did you ask me this?
this is a big clue that coop fucked up

I honestly think this is more of a "fuck you" to Twin Peaks's former network that forced Lynch and Frost to say who the killer was. Just watch an interview where Lynch has to talk about season 2 and you see his frustrations.

Well not really a "fuck you" like how some people who are let down by The Return interpret it as. But more of a Lynch and Frost SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT.

Now we'll never hear what Laura was whispering into his ear. No "My father killed me." Not even much context. The mystery that the show is dependent on lives on.

We live inside a dream

Explain

Brainlet detected. I guess Game of Plebs is more your speed!!

>Also the sex between coop and Diane in the motel was filled with sadness and resignatión, It was like something they were forced to do so the things could work in a certain way
TSHOTP goes into detail about Thelemite occultists, a group who sometimes practised sex magic rituals.

Original Series:
>Through the darkness of future past
>The magican longs to see
>One chance out between two worlds:
>Fire walk with me

New Series (according to subtitles)
>Through the darkness of future past
>The magican longs to see
>One CHANTS out between two worlds:
>Fire walk with me

What does it mean???

>you have to let me die. You've can't change what's already happened.

ODESSA

=

ODYSSEY

>Greek meaning full of wrath. Feminine form of Odysseus (M), therefore meaning odyssey

COOP

=

ODYSSEUS

>in the Odyssey, Odysseus returns home in disguise (Dougie) after being gone for 20 years and defeats suitors (doppelgänger) trying to take his wife (Diane)

Whenever shit gets too real the editing freaks out. Also applies to THIS IS WHAT WE DO IN THE FBI

Why does Doppelcoop wear slip-on shoes?

I don't get it.

>What do we do now?
>You come over here to me.

This was the saddest scene of the entire fucking season. Dale and Diane were lovebirds but the lodge destroyed both of them. Diane became a shell of herself who resented Dale for apparently raping her, and Dale is clearly feeling the pressure of years chasing shadows catch up to him, as he's basically Mr. C once they run away together. The fire between them burned out, and Diane starts crying and gripping Dale's face because she knows they can't rekindle it.

The bullet went right over his hat.

so what the fuck happens to cooper? he's trapped forever?

I guess we're back to starting positions.

What year is it?

"Buy Mark's book"

a show thats fun to watch, where the viewers are treated with respect?

Sure, ill take that over this

Hot take

For fuck's sake

>gloved kid punches a black orb to death
>a talking teapot that can time travel
>a talking ball of flesh skewered in a tree
>an alien that cames out of a glass box and kills people
>a floating head in space

But somehow people expected a total resolution and explanation for everything

It was always chants

Ep. 1:
"Do you understand?"
"Yes."

Ep. 18:
"Richard? Linda?"

????

Give me a hat wobble

Notice how in Part 18 it changes to Chuck's

alternative timeline confirmed

youtube.com/watch?v=R1E5SJaXc30
>redheads are the wildcard

He's wiped out of existence when Laura wakes up.

>Harry! It's Coop
fucking hell man.

FUCK THIS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'M GONNA HAVE TO BUY THE BOOK TO UNDERSTAND THIS SHIT NOW AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK

>“I stopped watching that show because it got so bad,” he admitted.

anti-skip fags BTFO

Coop wasn't paying attention.

youtube.com/watch?v=S8eRDkiwGMM

>where the vieweres are treated with respect?

What the fuck? Why do directors/writers need to treat their viewers with respect? It's their show, Lynch doesn't owe anyone a single fucking thing.

only one thing can save this dumpster fire

Just finished watching episode 18. I got Lynched didn't I? I feel just as empty and confused as I was before S3 started.

Did SNEED kill CHUCK?

Wait so whole Twin Peaks we saw and knew was a dream/alternate TP and Coop at the end landed in REAL TP?

People watching The Return expecting David Lynch was going to solve every mystery (or really any) of the show have obviously never seen anything else by Lynch.

Well, he understood that he needed to remember.

I took his reaction in ep 18 as his realising that this was what the Fireman was talking about,

>Coop's face

:(

You guys got my book yet?

Serious question: does Lynch hate Cooper? It seems like he was especially devoted to fucking with him this season from all the fakeout Dougie moments where you think he'll get his memory back to the fact that we only get the "real" Cooper back for the last three episodes. And then there's the ending which puts him and Laura in a worse position than season 2. I can't tell if it's malicious or not but it definitely feels cruel.

Why did Harry's hat flew off here?

Was Dougie Jones a tulpa?

and im glad the doesn't, the average viewer just want to see what they already saw a hundred times and liked it.

This ending was fucking incredible, but plebs will need a lot of time to realize it.

Wait, so the Richard the Fireman was talking about WASN'T Richard Horne? It's just Coop and Diane's alternate names in the dream or wherever the fuck they are?

Fuck's sake, Lynch really is a hack. He fucking wrote this as he went along.

Literally got it in the mail today.

I wouldn't have minded this one little bit honestly

>I will swallow every single drop

see this expression is what tells me that people who say this is doppelcoop are wrong. this is the exact same expression he had when he was tardcoop and realized the socket was his Out.

I think it more confirms the dream theory as they are often inconsistent. Like the motel changing.