Haven't seen anyone else on Sup Forums give a shit about what happened to Victor, so I'll be the one to say it

haven't seen anyone else on Sup Forums give a shit about what happened to Victor, so I'll be the one to say it.

>gets character assassinated in King's Vision
>then literally assassinated

let it RIP for my man Victron. All he wanted to do was prove his programming and destiny wrong, and be a superhero.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WsOlT-q89f0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

;_;

I don't give a shit about Victor. I was barely interested in the Runaways by the time he came along.

>gets character assassinated in King's Vision
Not at all. King was clearly very respectful towards his character. What happened was tragic, as was everything else in that fucking book but there was nothing wrong with the way he was portrayed. Just a scared confused teenager like any other time. In fact it was the best ending Victor could have possibly hoped to get. "I will not be Victorious." That shit was great.

He turned him into a junkie.

And?

I just can't buy that Vic would become a vibranium junkie (what the fuck?) he's always been a huge dork and boy-scout. He was literally programmed that way through hero worship.

People dog on volume 2 of Runways for not being as strong as volume 1 but I thought it maintained quality and Victor and Xavin were strong additions to the team. If it weren't for Whedons slog of an arc, nobody would be insisting Runways should have ended with volume 1

>He was literally programmed that way
Isn't that the exact sort of thing he wanted to avoid?

>quad 4s

and he always wanted to avoid the part that ended in him killing the Avengers, but there was never a sense that he resented being a good kid. Even after learning that it was programmed into him, he was still a devout catholic.

and this is a larger point that I totally admit is a bit autistic but I HATE that Marvel has been splitting up the Runaways. More so than any other team, these character depended on each other for survival and had a healthy mistrust of others. So Nico joining A-force, and Victor spying for the Avengers just seemed wrong.

>I just can't buy that Vic would become a vibranium junkie
>I can't believe that honors student became a heroine addict
Its not even like Vibranium is really a drug. He didn't get no PSAs on the dangers of vibe'n. He thought it was just a chill out rock.

It's not like this is the first time that he's died.

That one was resolved by the end of the run. This one seems permanent until Runaways gets a movie or tv show

Or until someone wants to use Victor for something.

Why would anyone want to do that? To kill him again?

Unfortunately I really doubt anyone will. Even if Runaways gets some kind of branding push, I imagine they'll go with a classic line-up. So there's a chance we'll never see Victor again

I'm more surprised that Vision built such shoddy robots for family members that they can be killed so easily, at least Ultron's robot children can be rebuilt with little trouble.

It's really the only thing robot characters are good for.

>at least Ultron's robot children can be rebuilt with little trouble
Yeah, but one of them ended up sleeping with Hank Pym. So clearly there's work to be done all round

Are you implying that Ultron doesn't get off on that?

Yea, I mean Ultron literally has had Pym inside him for more than a year now

L-lewd.

She was Ultron's bride Jocasta. So I guess he's a cuckold with an Oedipus complex

>let it RIP
youtu.be/WsOlT-q89f0

I thought Pym was considered AI God. Mixed with the scientist supreme title and you have a very good case for Zeus'ing it.

Wait Victor's dead?

for fuck's sake, marvel.

I don't think Jocasta slept with Hank, she kissed him but she didn't sleep with him.

Of course Hank was still not over Jan which pissed off Jocasta because he wantes to revive her using one of Jocasta's bodies that he was turning organic.

Poor Jocasta, even Ultron prefers Janet over her.

See, this would have made more sense if they, I dunno, grew up.

But it's obvious that the sliding timescale is in full effect and they are still children. So why decide to split up at all?

>That one issue where Nico and Vic admit their scared and use prayer as a means of coping with it.

See that's a nice scene. It wasn't about forcing their beliefs on the viewer or any which way but given them something they can confide in and bond over. It was a nice brief touching human moment.

At least it was key to the story it happened in. Wasn't a 'so shocking, he's dead now' death.

>shocking, he's dead now
It was for for a certain somebody

Victor was the most worthless Runaway. Even more than Plant-Girl or the Trans-Skrull.

Honestly...
Alex is gonna be in PM/IF
Nico was in A-Force
Molly shows up in X-Men sometimes
Gert is still dead

Does anyone really care about the rest of them?

Nah fuck off, Klara was the only dead weight on the team, all of the BKV characters were interesting and added a good dynamic to the group. Victor/Molly's dynamic alone was gold. I even like Victor and Nico's relationship.

he's a fucking robot

hell be back eventually

>Alex is gonna be in PM/IF

The fact that Alex is even alive at all is insulting

I don't buy Nico joining A-Force, but I can absolutely buy Victor working with the Avengers. That's his whole thing. He's the only Runaway who wants to be a superhero and actually looks up to the Avengers.

Dude BKV promised at the end of the first arc Alex'd be coming back as a villain, he just got his usual wandering eye and fucked off to do other shit.

Isn't Runaways going to Hulu? If it's successful, I could see Victor showing up in season 2.

Word.

yeah and then he had Alex sacrifice himself into oblivion for his friends at the end of the second. That was pure BKV.

Nico joining A-Force makes sense. Did you read Arena and Undercover? You think she's just gonna go back to playing Runaway with Molly after that?

What are you even talking about, BKV's last act on the title was to tease Alex's return.
Just because it took nearly a decade for someone to follow up on this (ignoring the obvious reason for his survival BKV had teased out) doesn't make the end result any less amazing.

What's insulting?