LET'S MAKE A HORROR MOVIE ABOUT NOTHING

>LET'S MAKE A HORROR MOVIE ABOUT NOTHING
>THAT'S GOLD JERRY
>GOLD

>brainlets in charge of understanding kino

It couldve been good
But the ending sucked

Was Black Sun Blackson the one infected? I've only seen the first 10 minutes and then proceeded to fuck my gf but I figured it out from the nightmares.

>great directing
>great acting
>don't explain anything specifically because the message itself is clear
>slow tensions building

>
If you didn't like it that is your problem. Everything was an amazing display of how fragile your psyche would be in a situation like this.

>>don't explain anything specifically because the message itself is clear
Around blacks, never relax?

whats this about? no i wont just watch it.

Nothing comes at night.

pretty much

nothing happens in this movie

I found the whole race mixing thing quite horrifying.

How? Things literally don't stop happening from the first frame till the last.

But no one thinks like that. No one says "I'm going to make a *whatever genre* movie"

You are only arguing about the misleading marketing.

>No one says "I'm going to make a *whatever genre* movie"
YAH BRAH LETZ JUST SHOOT DA SHIT & WATEVZ HAPPNZ HAPPNZ NO HOMO #HOMO

The "it" in "It Comes at Night" refers to the nightmares/sleepwalking that portend the onset of the disease.

I agree, though, it's kind of a mediocre movie. It's well-made, but not ambitious at all. Flat characters and a plot that's been covered a thousand times over through various iterations of zombie and post-apocalyptic movies. Solid acting and excellent score, though.

Would have been good if they had at least some reveal of anything at the end. A monster, the black kid being infected the whole time, anything at all. Instead no closure and a shitty story is all you're left with.

>the black kid being infected the whole time
But that's literally what happens?

nothing implied that except his dreams maybe

ultimate pleb filter

Did you even watch the movie?

just explain your point dork dont make me reply twice

you clearly didn't watch the movie. why do you need attention so badly?

Because he touched the kid that also got infected by the doge.
Also, this movie is not a horror movie.
Its a drama.

what part of "the whole time" don't you get? lrn2read faggot

Black kid was infected from the start (nightmares, it's in the fucking movie title), the white kid was immune and the last hope for humanity.

>white dad
>mixed mom
>black son

i don't get it

what part of "don't set expectations when seeing a movie" don't you get? and what's the net difference between how it happened? he died either way and suffered through it.

stop shitposting you dorky motherfucker

great movie.

the movie is about paranoia. its not scary, it's horrific.

good, kind people end up murdering an entire family, child included, at the end. then their son gets infected and dies also.

it's what happens when you try and do the right thing, and let a family inside your home.

all of you who wanted a big monster reveal at the end are plebs of the highest order

Dont change the subject you were wrong.

>tfw paranoia was the monster the whole time

you said something retarded. you're a fucking loser for trying to troll about something so dumb. kysmm.

It's the other way around. Motumbo got infected before and he passed it to the kid during the sleepwalking incident. The dog was just mauled by a bear, that's why the cuckdad didn't want his son to see the body.

About a dicease that turns the dead into a collective hive giant monster that lurks the woods and attacks at night.

at least I can read, retard.

your point was moot from the beginning. no need to respond to it because you're literally whining like a little bitch about something that would have no change on how the story played out.

order the helium tank, my guy. it's already in your cart. do the gene pool a favor.

your mum does faggot.

>no need to respond
>still responding
>still defending this shitty movie

i unironically think this is true

Is this the movie where the poster was 1000x scarier than the actual movie?

looks like you're the one who can't read. i love responding so i can call you a fool. i'm not gonna go over why your criticism is retarded five more times, dipshit.

the movie was below-average, much like yourself.

I dare you to respond again

>It's part of the experience for your answers to be left unanswered
no, fuck you director

rack up the fake internet points, redditor

Thanks, one more though?

you get hard to this, faggot?

Yeah, now give me another one like the good little bitch you are.

lol nice try, puppet master.

enjoy Satan's lava sperm drying up in your butthole for all of eternity, cocksucker

>the white kid was immune and the last hope for humanity
how the fuck did you figure this out? or is it just your headcanon?

Thank you.

Well, he didn't get sick from the black kid, and it's probably genetic since his family didn't get sick either, and the other family did (the final scene shows the dude and his black wife clearly diseased).

smegma-slurping brainlets always have my sympathy. let me know if you need more (You)s to tickle your baby dick to

they clearly lacked a cinematographer and a good set designer
it's obviously they didn't want to make a pretty movie but every angle looked bland besides the exterior scenes
other than that, zero character development besides all the contemplation and intense starting they all kept doing

>its actually just a disease movie

Yes

if son didn't get sick then why the hell parents didn't let Edgerton examine him? did I mis something? I thought that everyone got infected in the end.

they did all infected. don't listen to the retard trying to do special brain gymnastics

"It" is just fear, sadness and paranoia in my opinion, when else does devastation hit you except when you lay your head down to rest. Dont know where you retards are getting this "black kid was phone all along" theory as the film is set over like 4-5 days and they state it takes like a day to become obviously infected. Fuck this board is pleb. Was a good movie.

>>if son didn't get sick then why the hell parents didn't let Edgerton examine him?
Because they realized that the other family is sick and wanted to get away as soon as possible, to the point that they held them at gunpoint to do so?

The kid looks perfectly fine later on when you see him (when the black chick makes him and his mom stand in the corner).

(((recessive genes)))

lol, now people think this movie is great just because it's The Thing but without an actual monster so pseuds will feel smart.

> Everything was an amazing display of how fragile your psyche would be in a situation like this.

Thats my problem with this entire film. It's a tired trope they made a whole fucking movie out of. This is the part in every horror movie we all hate to see because it all develops into a 20 minute round of blaming game where everyone gets hysterical and the usual twist is that there is some malevolent force behind it all. But here it becomes very obvious that there isnt and it doesnt manage to convince the audience that there is so there's nothing to play off.

By the third act we all know how this will end, people will start running around the house with "jack" running around with and axe, shouting "DAAANNYYY" and people will die by eachothers hands.

It's just so predictable and when neither the plot, acting or visual/audio manage to carry any of it, it just gets tedious.

We've seen this a hundred times before, just because you dress it up in a minimalistic handheld european/canadian psychological thriller outfit, doesnt make it a good film.

>amazing display
Hardly, everything in this is bland and average to the nth degree.

I've been entertaining that possibility in my head for days now.
Note that we never saw the little kid with signs of infection, we only heard him crying. His dad also never said he was infected, he just said he wanted to leave.
The black kid & his family, though, paranoia got to them before the infection. So after they killed the other family, they let themselves die & we clearly see them suffering through it.
The black kid was sleepwalking for days & having recurrent nightmares of his grandfather vomiting blood. Could he have gotten the infection from his granddad but it just didn't start till all this time later down the line?

The granddad was in a way the source of all the shit in the film.
His infection spread to the grandson.
The smoke from his body guided the other family to them.

Not his sneed, he got chuck'd

>Could he have gotten the infection from his granddad but it just didn't start till all this time later down the line?
>
>The granddad was in a way the source of all the shit in the film.
>His infection spread to the grandson.
>The smoke from his body guided the other family to them.
That's how I interpreted it.

See, this is why we need IMDB boards. I bet there's no discussion about it on any of the replacements.

I liked the sense of dread and the abrupt ending, but nothing really happened. I went in blind and I wasn't expecting zombie, but maybe something demonic or zombie like.

Everything about the film was good, but something needed to actually happen. Also, random as fuck did anyone else notice someone sitting on a log when they were driving past just before they get shot at? am I seeing things or was that meant to be obvious?

It should have had both you twat. And by both I don't mean constant monster attacks. They could have kept it subtle.

Also, if after they killed the family, they saw that the little kid was healthy, that would add to their guilt later on. And it would be a factor in why they decided to end their lived.
Killing innocent people made them no better than the monsters they feared outside, that's why we never needed to see any monster.

>It couldve been good
>But the ending sucked
This comes to mind

if black son was infected all along then why didn't symptoms show up earlier? it's been at least a week from his grandpa's death when the murder of other family occured (movie stated that it takes from 1 to 3 days for symptoms)

>we never saw the little kid with signs of infection
his parents acted like he was indeed infected

>The kid looks perfectly fine later
he's not. that was a very brief shot anyway so I don't think we can draw conclusions b/c of it.

+imo black guy was sllepwalking too and it was him who infected the others, not the kid.

>didn't want his son to see the body.
Thats useless considering the other guy was with him.

The big mouth monsters look so goofy

I got halfway through this movie before I turned it off. Boring af and totally predictable.

So what the fuck happened to the dog and how did it get inside the house

lmao, fuck off faggot

>nothing happens in this movie

did you watch the movie?

There is no answer, the director is portraying the situation to the audience just like the characters experience it so the feel or paranoia and suspense is the focus, not solving plot points. We don't know just like the characters don't know, they all suspect each other.

>LETS MAKE IT A VAGUE FLICK ABOUT NIGHTMARES SUGGESTING A MONSTER, BUT THERE IS NON, BECAUSE GET THIS JERRY, GET THIS: THE MONSTER IS IN US, WERE THE FUCKING MONSTER JERRY, WE ARE

He isn't, stop this shitty reddit meme.

Andrew was infected, travis got infected after holding him. Morons try and act like there was a twist and travis was infected the whole time and his nightmares were real - essentially betraying the fact that they didn't get the film at all and are in the same class as those saying "it's boring".

Hi director, that's a lame copout and you fucking know it.

>they didn't get the film at all and are in the same class as those saying "it's boring".

Wow. What a severely complicated and unexpected turn of events. One could assume that to reach such a mesmerizingly complex explanation of plot, one would have to have an IQ of atleast 153.

Oh, wait. The film still shit and a boring piece of shit without the remotest sense of entertainment, moral message about human nature, interesting plot, clever story, or even characters one can identify with. The only character I actually cared for was the dog, until it ran off into the woods after biting his own master.

11/10 kinography. Please shovel more shit down my visual throat. I havent been satisfied with trashy vague "mood flicks" enough.

I'm more interested in what killed the dog and then broke into the house to display its corpse as a primitive psychological tactic.

It's like one of those spoopy /k/ skinwalker stories

I don't think he was infected all the time. I think he got infected when he came to save his doggo at night. kid was simply too short to open it desu.

>It's like one of those spoopy /k/ skinwalker stories

Youre gonna get (you)d to death my people with intellectually inferiority trying to make a point about "VINCENT OPENED THE DOOR!!!!!" or similar shit.

Wanna know how i know the director/writer is a piece of shit?

Rewatch the film, go to the scene where the door runs away and also during the dream sequence. You will hear a very interesting sound.

Come back and apologise.

>the scene where the door runs away and also during the dream sequence.
The....what? Where the black son goes to the doors and runs away? I'm hearing some dog howling, what should I be hearing?

Listen to when the dog runs aways into the woods. Listen carefully at the exact moment the dogs stops barking. Then watch the scene where the boy goes into the woods at night and "sees" the dog.

It's not too farfetched considering one of the main themes of the movie is paranoia. Do you think the very title "It comes at night" is supposed to ilicite paranoia? Because it never tells you what comes at night.

Oh that scene, I thought you were talking about the door opening.

I'm listening and it sounds like generic horror movie scary sound, what am I supposed to hear? The first time it sounds like heavy footsteps, the second time in the dream I can't hear shit, it's just dog howling.

so then why the fuck does he die of an infection at the end of the movie, you absolutely unbelievable retard?

Then youre deaf.

wrong, his night terrors come at night

Guess I am, why won't you tell me though?

Not him but I'm legit interested in what you can hear.

this is like saying nothing happens in 12 angry men

>Paranoia is the monster

Yeah except they could have fucking killed Will and it would have saved their own family. If they were more paranoid there would have been no issue surviving.

>Yeah except they could have fucking killed Will and it would have saved their own family.
They were already infected, they would have died anyway.

The film is a metaphor for anti-vaxxers.

Ok fine I'll tell you, there's a faint voice whispering "this movie is boring"