Is The Boondocks anime?

I'm scared that I've been watching anime. What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GzmV3_czyFc
huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/24/michael-b-jordan-sprite-films-partnership_n_5207757.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is just a debate of semantics. It's a show produced in the US but using all the tropes of Japanese animation. Whether that qualifies it as such depends on your definition of "anime" but it's not produced in Japan as far as I know and that's where most people draw the line

You're a coward and a bitch... make that Bitch ass nigga.

And for the record, it's as anime as the transformers and thundercats.

Boondocks needs better fetish material

Debouis Wife should be proud of her race

It's art style is just based off anime, like the Avatar Nick shows

They also made Voltron.

It doesn't even do the typical anime bullshit like face faults, chibi randomness and whatnot

You're fine, user

Not anime, though seasons two through four were animated by a Japanese studio.

The Boondocks proves that finally, in this day and age, society can accept that a black man can marry an anime girl.

Huey was woke as fuck, the show was ahead of it's time. Surprised it wasn't bigger.

I wish Mir got to work on more shows, but I suppose they only do so much at a time

No. The creator of the show like to read manga. Before the it was a show it was a comic and the art style was like the art style to manga which is why the show looks like anime. Manga is like amine in comic form.

It's not, but it's certainly anime-inspired.
Especially Samurai Champloo.
youtu.be/GzmV3_czyFc

African-Americans being into ching chiong bing bong stuff isn't exactly new.

>surprised it wasn't bigger

all the traits you just listed. networks want stupid consumers, not informed citizens. this is why when time warner is bought by AT & T, they'll just be pumping out repetitive media about characters from the 30s and 40s, to overtake marvel-that is until disney is bought out by something as well.

It's not just that, there are references to specific animes in Boondocks... well Samurai Champloo anyway (the kickball scenes and the blind samurai scenes specifically).

Season 3 does, and it was the last good season.

The Hateocracy lifts a fight scene straight from Naruto

For those who didn't get the reference in the pic.

Yep. You're a weeaboo now faggot

Wasn't that originally lifted from something else?
I'm getting confused.

I thought so too but as far as I know that scene is actually Naruto's original choreography, they did lift a scene from Cowboy Bebop's movie

That's probably what I'm thinking of.
I guess that makes the Boondocks' lift a very fitting hommage.

To be fair there's no indication that lack of network support is the reason it never found a larger audience.
Hell McGruder himself is more guilty of the show's death than the network.

Are you just finding any excuse to shitpost about this AT&T thing? Because it's coming up in all sorts of threads.

The guy who voiced Pretty Boy Flizzy in season 4 said Adult Swim fired Aaron from The Boondocks.

huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/24/michael-b-jordan-sprite-films-partnership_n_5207757.html

Well yeah the guy was fucking around doing other shit for half a decade. He didn't care to continue the show.
But, when he did work on it, the network was pretty supportive, the show had a decent budget and was advertized like any other show.

And maybe it was for the best that Boondocks died, it's nice that not all good show get dragged into shit for 12 seasons. Too bad we still got season 4.

Ed Wuncler wins again :(