G.I. Joe A Real American Hero #233

G.I. Joe A Real American Hero #233

New issue.

Just came out this week.

Didn't get ripped until like yesterday, but I didn't have time to post it until today.

Anyway, let's see what's up with that new ninja bitch.

And everybody else, of course.

Time for a...

STORYTIME

Other urls found in this thread:

www99.zippyshare.com/v/mSPnlg9Q/file.html
www58.zippyshare.com/v/tDd1adms/file.html
www58.zippyshare.com/v/4yePVlvj/file.html
www58.zippyshare.com/v/SCXo66DS/file.html
www58.zippyshare.com/v/QPl3DB8K/file.html
www58.zippyshare.com/v/t5rHeTHH/file.html
www58.zippyshare.com/v/B0fP0zKx/file.html
www58.zippyshare.com/v/edD1MHwG/file.html
www58.zippyshare.com/v/L5m8Cxfb/file.html
www58.zippyshare.com/v/Uni58q7k/file.html
www58.zippyshare.com/v/5Cva1KYn/file.html
www58.zippyshare.com/v/jbTqM6vv/file.html
www58.zippyshare.com/v/J7P4iYYl/file.html
www57.zippyshare.com/v/wo5RbUW7/file.html
www57.zippyshare.com/v/wKMkegGn/file.html
www57.zippyshare.com/v/aU7B8tfM/file.html
www98.zippyshare.com/v/8Y6S7A2L/file.html
www57.zippyshare.com/v/DpH3BKBd/file.html
www26.zippyshare.com/v/K4NpCAZH/file.html
www68.zippyshare.com/v/fvzq3S1c/file.html
www99.zippyshare.com/v/oLUmn6g3/file.html
www38.zippyshare.com/v/Pl49utgI/file.html
www17.zippyshare.com/v/LQcyDel9/file.html
www87.zippyshare.com/v/ffE1ocji/file.html
www66.zippyshare.com/v/Pi0SnxA2/file.html
www109.zippyshare.com/v/YuyLhXED/file.html
www96.zippyshare.com/v/Pi16xTQn/file.html
www26.zippyshare.com/v/OkwmwJca/file.html
www62.zippyshare.com/v/Vsbt10is/file.html
www48.zippyshare.com/v/72liYidi/file.html
www54.zippyshare.com/v/7CQ1DrC3/file.html
www54.zippyshare.com/v/TKr96KUZ/file.html
www54.zippyshare.com/v/9grM0qvi/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump if you're reading.

Anybody else kinda cautious about the upcoming new IDW series? Looks like they're going full fantasy/sci-fi with this one.

I kind of checked out after Snake Eyes died and was replaced two pages later, is it true they've started spotlighting girls for some godawful reason?

>is it true they've started spotlighting girls

Not really?

G.I. Joe has always had dozens of female characters. There are current sub-plots with the new female ninja and Bombstrike and some politician, but that's about it.

I guess I'll pick it back up in a year or two when I get the itch.

Is the server super slow tonight or is my connection just shit?

I should save that reaction image for the next time the Sup Forums smokers fight it out with the legbeards.

Lets see. I see astro boy, doriemon, I don't remember the name of the guy with the hadband, ultraman, a couple of kamen riders, godzilla, domo, meowth, tetsujin 28.

And that's that.

Download in the Win-O'.

Predictable cover.

They've been giving this bitch a lot of attention lately. And she's not even an interesting character.

That shading in the second panel makes Roadblock look like he's balding.

ohfuckdontkillroadblockhamawhathefuckareyoudoing

How long is the fucking timer on that?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I've seen people survive some ridiculous bullshit in G.I. Joe, but this is hands down the most unrealistic and absurd.

Dig all the figurines.

>Freds

lol these guys.

>Saffron

Who is this?

>Black Major

well shit...

bumping for others.

Man, this issue really makes 'Block's Ma Deuce seem as impractical as it would be in real life.

>New Snake Eyes gets a job at Hot Glue Collectables.

>The doors and side panels are lined with plate and kevlar

I mean, yeah, it's pretty bullshit, but he did throw in some rationale behind it.

Hold the fuck up, what happened to Snake Eyes?

He's dead.

How?

Fuck, I can't even remember. It was like a year ago. Happened back in #118 IIRC. I wanna say he was in a helicopter crash while trying to save somebody, but I might be thinking of something else.

really?

Yeah.

>Anybody else kinda cautious about the upcoming new IDW series? Looks like they're going full fantasy/sci-fi with this one.
I'm hyped for it. It's definitely different but I'm considering all the potential for fun. Sky's the limit when you're incorporating sci-fi AND fantasy into your story.

Who the hell replaced him?

Bump

>I've seen people survive some ridiculous bullshit in G.I. Joe, but this is hands down the most unrealistic and absurd.
>I mean, yeah, it's pretty bullshit, but he did throw in some rationale behind it.

Bombstrike getting shot in the head and the bullet curving around her skull was the most bullshit this book has pulled.

Is GI JOE the longest running American comic?

Hasbro's shared universe makes no sense though.

Obviously no.

IDW ARAH continues from the original Marvel run after several years.

Some new guy. Like a new Snake Eyes. He was the kid Snake Eyes was writing to in the last issue of the Marvel series.

Since the storytime is done...

Snake Eyes is the guy in black running towards Serpentor so I think that speech bubble that he has was meant for Serpentor

Snake Eyes is dead!
Long live Snake Eyes!

You mean in terms of issue numbers?

What's with Hama rolling out all the obscure characters lately?

Not that I'm complaining.

Frankly, it's better than more badly done Hama-lite, and it's not like ARAH is going away.
The reason GI Joe is a dead franchise is that the fans insist on it only ever being one thing, while Transformers is a hundred times as diverse and going from strength to strength.

bump

In this continuity is Billy the son of the first Cobra commander or Krake the second Cobra commander?

Krake isn't a thing in this continuity

The original Cobra Commander has been killed and replaced before but he came back

and yes Billy is his son

Transformers is more popular because of the movies.

Transformers was going strong from 1996 to 2007, even before the movie came out. Armada, Energon and Cybertron may have been shit, but they were successful.
GI Joe didn't really have a comparable consistent brand presence, which is probably why the movies didn't share the success of the Transformers ones.

>The reason GI Joe is a dead franchise is that the fans insist on it only ever being one thing, while Transformers is a hundred times as diverse and going from strength to strength.

This so much, when Renegades happened the Hamafags cried how it was bad because it was different but that show was fucking good.

The thing that killed it was being on the Hub.

I think that's the IDW continuity.

This is the original continuity.

Prime did okay.
The thing that killed it was being completely mishandled and underadvertised (it debuted on the same day as TFP and flew completely under the radar) and only getting toys in the "classics" style in the "classics" line, instead of a line of its own in the show's style.

The fucking weird thing is that "Hamafags" don't even seem to get all the non-milsim stuff in Hama GIJoe.

Are shapeshifting gloop monsters really that much more outlandish that a girl absorbing the memories of an impossibly badass American Ninja, robot footsoldiers, ninja robot footsoldiers, or prefab airbases with sound generators that cause riots?

>shapeshifting gloop monsters

wat.

The Biovipers from Renegades, the main thing more or less that the team fought, were shapeshifting blue slime that was really, really hard to kill.

Basically a way for gunplay to happen without S&P being an issue, same as their blaster weapons.
Also, both justify Cobra/MARS as being comic book grade superscience, which is also a good thing.

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 233 (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www99.zippyshare.com/v/mSPnlg9Q/file.html

~

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 204 (2014) (digital) (Minutemen-BigLob)
www58.zippyshare.com/v/tDd1adms/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 205 (2014) (digital) (Minutemen-BigLob)
www58.zippyshare.com/v/4yePVlvj/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 206 (2014) (digital) (Minutemen-BigLob)
www58.zippyshare.com/v/SCXo66DS/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 207 (2014) (digital) (Minutemen-BigLob)
www58.zippyshare.com/v/QPl3DB8K/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 208 (2014) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www58.zippyshare.com/v/t5rHeTHH/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 209 (2014) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www58.zippyshare.com/v/B0fP0zKx/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 210 (2015) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www58.zippyshare.com/v/edD1MHwG/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 211 (2015) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www58.zippyshare.com/v/L5m8Cxfb/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 212 (2015) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www58.zippyshare.com/v/Uni58q7k/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 213 (2015) (3 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www58.zippyshare.com/v/5Cva1KYn/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 214 (2015) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www58.zippyshare.com/v/jbTqM6vv/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 215 (2015) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www58.zippyshare.com/v/J7P4iYYl/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 216 (2015) (3 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www57.zippyshare.com/v/wo5RbUW7/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 216 (2015) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 217 (2015) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 218 (2015) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www42.zippyshare.com/v/opQbBMb5/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 219 (2015) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www57.zippyshare.com/v/aU7B8tfM/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 220 (2015) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www98.zippyshare.com/v/8Y6S7A2L/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 221 (2015) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www57.zippyshare.com/v/DpH3BKBd/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 222 (2015) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www26.zippyshare.com/v/K4NpCAZH/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 223 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www68.zippyshare.com/v/fvzq3S1c/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 224 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www99.zippyshare.com/v/oLUmn6g3/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 225 (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www38.zippyshare.com/v/Pl49utgI/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 226 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www17.zippyshare.com/v/LQcyDel9/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 227 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www87.zippyshare.com/v/ffE1ocji/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 227 (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www66.zippyshare.com/v/Pi0SnxA2/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 228 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www109.zippyshare.com/v/YuyLhXED/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 229 (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www96.zippyshare.com/v/Pi16xTQn/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 230 (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www26.zippyshare.com/v/OkwmwJca/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 231 (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www62.zippyshare.com/v/Vsbt10is/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero 232 (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www48.zippyshare.com/v/72liYidi/file.html

+

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero Vol. 1 (2011) (digital-SD) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www54.zippyshare.com/v/7CQ1DrC3/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero Vol. 2 (2011) (digital-SD) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www54.zippyshare.com/v/TKr96KUZ/file.html

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero Vol. 3 (2011) (digital-SD) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www54.zippyshare.com/v/9grM0qvi/file.html

> Black Major

Awwwwww yeaaaaah!!

G.I. Joe is a dead franchise because everything ever done with it other than the Hama comics, the toys, and a few of the IDW comics, has been GARBAGE.

Ah, right. I keep forgetting that IDW has published the ongoing Joe by Hama and their own spin on Joe.

The only thing that concerns me about the new G.I Joe by Sitterson is Cobra commander. Please replace him with a crazier one. I know this isn't supposed to be Hama but this dark, intimidating CC that IDW left us with is no fun whatsoever.

>Black Major

GET HYPE!

The relaunch is going to have so much crazy shit. It'll be like a totally new continuity for all intents and purposes.

Action Comics is the longest since even if you deduct the New 52 issues as V2, the run still hit 900+ of continuous publication.

>tfw you will never fight for Cobra.

>It'll be like a totally new continuity for all intents and purposes.
Thank God.
Everything beyond vol.2 became incredibly boring.

I just hope that whomever is the new CC. They follow the original IDW CC. That or the insane craziness like the "What if" version.

>That or the insane craziness like the "What if" version.
If the "what if" is pic related I want this CC and want him now. What's the source of this by the way? I've never seen this before.

Renegades had promise and was easily the best cartoon version the franchise ever had, and I wish it had gotten a second season.

I didn't care for Resolute, but I'm sure you could find some Ellisfags to go to bat for it.

In terms of the style and overall treatment it's going to be pretty different, but the continuity is still "officially" the same. Though I don't know how they'll manage to pull that off given how extremely different it's going to be from the previous comics.

IDW did a "What If" series of one-shots earlier this year called Deviations. In the G.I. Joe one Cobra won, and Cobra Commander got bored and did something fully insane: he plotted his own downfall so he could just retire and let someone else take over. He changes his mind at the end and decides.. FUCK IT. I'm just gonna start all over and conquer the world again.