Judge Anderson

Can we have a Judge Anderson thread

Seriously what a cute

Sounds good to me.
How about a storytime?

thanks user

Any Fearless Dawn fans in the crowd tonight?

Gonna be a busy couple of weeks for old Cass. Her flashback Cadet Anderson stories are getting collected, her movieverse version has a story running in the Megazine right now, and once that is over, Alan Grant is coming back for a new comics Anderson story. Good times!

Dredd ages realtime why doesn't she

Or have I just not noticed

She does, but it's one of those things that depends a lot on the artist.

that doesn't look middle age that looks elderly kek

Well, she is getting close to 60 nowadays. Plus, her line of work is pretty damn rough on the... well, everything.

Also, this was her just last week.

Marry me Anderson

Pls ;_;

Movieverse Anderson is looking qt as drokk too.

Matter of fact, why not storytime that as well?

Well, this certainly seems like it'll end well. We'll just have to wait another month to find out!

Wish it went longer but I appreciate the serial style

bump

those lips damn

Damon she's CUTE

*Damn
So do Judge Anderson the psi files collect all her stories like the complete case files did for Dredd ?

>Somebody once told me that I'm just not cut out to be a judge
>I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed

>alan grant
thank christ, if i read another beeby story i would die

Cool

>So do Judge Anderson the psi files collect all her stories like the complete case files did for Dredd ?
I think they collect all her solo stuff. If you want to read the Dredd stories where she is a character as well, you'll have to get the Casefiles that contain them.

Same. Alex de Campi is scheduled to write an Anderson story soon. I haven't read anything by her yet, but I understand Archie vs Predator is pretty good?

huh, yeah it is actually, great fun little mini.

That said its not a patch on Afterlife with Archie, one of the best horror comics i've ever read. Go check it out.

Cool. Let's hope she does a good job with Cass, too! And thanks for the rec.

Comic Anderson>movie Anderson.

Let's get some Ranson up in here.

Well, that's one way to solve it.

Anderson or Hershey?

Objectively speaking, Anderson is the stronger character of the two. She's more well-rounded, has better stories and is able to stand out on her own two feet without having to rely on her relationships with other characters to define herself. Plus, she gives the reader an entirely new point of view for Dredd's world.
Hershey, meanwhile, suffers from never really gaining a unique character hook of her own, her solo stories being humdrum affairs of very little substance and her own character development being either nonexistant or far too similar to Anderson's. She could've had a hook back when she was climbing through the ranks of Justice Dept., struggling to keep her honesty in an increasingly gray world of politics, but that was an idea that was never really explored in depth. And once she became Chief Judge, her chances of getting solo stories disappeared, leaving her as a character who's almost entirely defined by her relationship to Dredd. And it sure doesn't help that an awful lot of writers nowadays portray her as obtrusive at best and dangerously incompetent at worst.

Hershey is still the best in my heart tho'.

A-any more Anderson storytimes?

Sure thing. Matter of fact, how about a more seasonal one?

Thanks Judge user :)

Anyone else not really feeling the prog right now, dredd and savage is the only thing im feeling right now.

the art is excellent on flesh but the story feels kind of muddled.

Arts just as quality on counterfit girl, but the pacing is horrible, feels like its been going on for ages but hasnt gone anywhere

its cool man.

Savage is definitely the star, yeah. Dredd... I wish we could just get over Titan/Enceladus already, I really do. Flesh definitely suffers from some muddy story but the last episode read a lot clearer for me. Same with Counterfeit Girl, and same with Hunted, which finally started actually doing something with the premise of exploring the Traitor General's mind and motivations.
Overall, my main problem with the prog is a similar one to yours: too much muddled set up. They take two or three weeks for the stories to start going anywhere, and while it's still better than endless months of fucking nothing, it's awkward as hell if you're expecting more compressed storytelling.

still keking at this

shit, forgot Hunted, which i am agreeing with you, but do like a lot simply for the traitor general always being one of my fave villains.

whats your opinion on the meg atm? I found it a lot more solid than the prog has been this year

Oh god, yes. The Megazine is kicking ass. Lawless in particular has been an absolute gem, and I feel like the larger 10 page Dredd episodes agree more with modern writers than the prog's 5 pages. It reads way better. Got high hopes for Alan Grant returning to Anderson, too.

I feel ya on the traitor general thing. It's a pleasure to get to see Rogue as well. That Willsher cover from two weeks ago was godlike.

>nightmare dimension

looks like if 80s metal met berserk

>you will never get your dirty thoughts read by the girl you're thinking of

That happens an awful lot to poor Cassie.

for sure, Lawless is fucking top-tier. Enjoying it more than i am Insurection, which is saying something.

Realm of the Dammed was fucking great, got the hardcover signed a few weeks back by Whorley

Fucking sweet! Didn't know there was a hardcover out. That's awesome. The mummy queen was the fucking best.

favourite character, Whorley's too.

He was working on the second book when i asked

Hah, that's great. Wonder if he regrets having offed her. Still, nice to hear there's more on the way. Hope to see it in the Megazine soon.

Any upcoming strips you're looking forward to? I have big hopes for Kingmaker.

Is Dredd 2 not happening then and we have to settle for comic continuations?

Right now it sure looks like it.

looking foward to deadworld book two and very much looking forward to brink book two, best thing this year in my opinion.

other than that i dont know, more lawless and RotD obviously, im digging the current slaine stuff though it has problems.

Grant Anderson ought be good, some more of teh Order might be nice.

i guess the upcoming Bad Company book will be good when Hillary starts war with Russia.

Fill me in on Kingmaker?

Kingmaker is by Ian Edginton and Leigh Gallagher. It's about a Tolkien-esque fantasy world that suddenly gets involved by aliens, and a random orc captain who in any other story would be cannon fodder for the heroes stumbles upon the key to drive the invaders back. Gallagher already mentioned in the Thrillcast having to draw dragons fighting spaceships, and I'm fucking game. Comes out in the Christmas prog.
Also, according to previews Book 3 of The Order is coming up around January next year. Good times ahead.

sweet

So... how much of this plot was just to get the name "Bottlebum" published as many times as they could?

You were young and your heart was an open book~

>absolutely_unlawful.jpg

I'mma go ahead and say all of it.

You just jelly 'cause you ain't that bear rug.

Pretty sure it's how she sees herself, the mirror looks a lot older. Heaven, Hell, at the end of the day she's just fucking tired.

It begins.

She looks like the slut from totally spies

A classic.

Artists seem to forget or just dont draw old women very well

They really need to tell these artists to cut this shit out. Its silly.

OR have a story showing her having some facial surgery or some shit for some contrived reason

Thirlby's career not taking off is fucking criminal.

To be fair they rejuve machines now that keep people looking young

Might be that they can do partial rejuv on psis? We did see Dredd get the treatment and its explicitly stated that you don't have to do all of the body.
Also Dredd acts a right retard at the end and it's interesting to ponder why.