Why won't CN promote this god damn show?

Why won't CN promote this god damn show?
youtube.com/watch?v=lBtJKi4Ciic

They've silently aired many episodes this season and last, Marvolo The Wizard, Pops' Favorite Planet, Pam I Am, Lame Lockdown, VIP Members Only, Deez Keys, Alpha Dome, and now The Ice Tape next week.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't promote the series finale, even if it was a fucking hour long.. oh no wait, the rules are, if you don't get a commercial, you premiere on TV silently, if you do get a fucking commercial, you get put on CN's website for anyone to see 2 weeks in advance, that's what happened with the final Halloween Special, which was inbetween Alpha Dome and Ice Tape.

Seriously this shit didn't bother me the first 3 times but it keeps happening. Stop shafting this show CN.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NlOAOTxUG1M
youtube.com/watch?v=-9QqNx7myHk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because the show is kinda mostly bad

>that's what happened with the final Halloween Special, which was inbetween Alpha Dome and Ice Tape.
I forgot to mention, due to the 3 fucking weeks of bombing the final season, this episode aired way out of order. It aired a lot later in the season than it should have, it wasn't supposed to be between Alpha Dome and The Ice Tape, which means they weren't bombing the 3 weeks to get to the Halloween Special in time, it means it was literally for the sake of pushing it fast, and an episode suffered scheduling. Glad it wasn't a story episode.

This means nothing in this regard. I'm not even going to defend this season because it has a lot of issues, but TTG, while some people on here like it ironically or unironically, and PPG which is almost completely disregarded, get commercials constantly.

It's not about if the show is bad to people, to anyone, it's about what they want to market, and I guess they don't want to market the 3rd longest running show on the network. One of the ones that pulled them from the rut they were in pre-2010.

Why is this show not cancelled yet? It was fun when it was new but it's the same bullshit over and over again with a unlikable self insert. Same with Adventure Time.

It has about 10 episodes left and then it's done completely.

Who's the self insert on AT?

>Video Title says Swordsday
>yet at the end of the Video, it says Thrusday

Did yoursday failed are something

They're promoting Your New Favorite Show #3 by changing Yoursday to Swordsday because of Mighty Majiswords. I think it was just for the initial airing of the first few episodes of the show and it reverted back to normal, but people are still calling it the new thing because they're probably kids who upload it and think it's still changed.

>Why won't CN promote this god damn show?
they said in the commercial
"we don't have a care"

Wait for the 1 minute version. Maybe they just couldn't squeeze it in between all the bullshit.

If it's not in one version it won't be in the other.
Here's the video for Alpha Dome's night.

30 second version: youtube.com/watch?v=NlOAOTxUG1M
1 minute version: youtube.com/watch?v=-9QqNx7myHk

In the 1 minute version they made TTG's clip twice as long as the others to fill the gap. That says a lot. I guess the show just won't be promoted anymore. Not to mention pic related.

>series is literally ending
>next to no reruns
>meanwhile TTG continues is campaign across the lineup unopposed
I thought this channel was founded 20 years ago on the idea of "all cartoons, all the time" not "one cartoon all day and then Family Guy reruns"

aside from the fact that they're not doing hard-watercoloring to the backgrounds anymore like they used to, what am i looking at? an animation error?

I left the filename so you could put two and two together.

That is a screenshot from Madridista's live premiere recording and not some rerun/online download. The past few episodes have gone without "New Episode" being above the logo. Luckily the Halloween one had it, but I expect it to go without the banner again next Thursday.

Here's "New Beds" too.

They don't care about it anymore.

>focused on shoving other shows down our throats (probably even gonna pull RS reruns off air completely after finale, to open slots for more new show reruns/premieres)
>channel is trying to grab an audience younger that RS was aimed at when picked up in 2010 (I know AT was premiered then too, but it was always first over RS)
>bad viewer ratings (again, CN screwing over the show since it's already being cancelled, as well as them not caring)

You made this post with about the same wording a little while ago too, but yes I agree with you completely.

At least PPG didn't become the financial success they expected and become the 2nd most airing show on the network.

>>bad viewer ratings
This season is astoundingly horrible when it comes to ratings.

Like I've said before, I know people have dropped the show, and I know the quality has been declining in people's eyes for years, but this is unusual even from how things have gone since the early seasons. CN is really fucking the show over.

>that RS was aimed at
than*

why

>.82
>.84
jesus fuck

>the final season's highest rating is going to be 1.15

>regular show has been on since 2010

Damn time flies. Anyway that shows been out for too long and isn't providing the revenue/attention they want from it compared to its earlier seasons, so there are just doing it old yeller style and hope everyone forgets about it.

I mean it can't even sell toys, what good is it even for if you can't push products.

NOW TTG AND PPG TOYS ON THE OTHER HAND.

>I mean it can't even sell toys
If they tried to make them interesting, or at least make the default character model based toys look like the actual characters, and include the characters on the list on the cover on the box inside the actual box, MAYBE people would buy it.

Season 3's DVD (no bluray) was the last season set to come out, 2 fucking years ago. They aren't trying to get money from it.

TTG I can actually see being markatable. For all my gripes I can see how it has an audience and is viable enough to sell toys.

Funny and actiony.

How the fuck is PPG selling toys? What is there to make toys 'of'? Who is the demographic?

>Funny and
funny doesn't sell toys, unless you're including an audio chip that says a funny line from the show in one of the figures, which they do not

>How the fuck is PPG selling toys?
some user in a ppg2016 thread works at a target and said that what they have in stock isn't selling, but it might be in other places

i keep seeing this playset on CN's commercials and it looks like a lot of effort was put into it, I think it's double sided as two rooms you can have the characters be in, and the characters look pretty decent, something a kid would easily want to buy

it is also "actiony" when it wants to be, even if in the show it's annoying and retarded

ttg isnt funny

>How the fuck is PPG selling toys? What is there to make toys 'of'? Who is the demographic?
Females. Females eat this shit up. I'm not even saying that because the main characters are female. It's a wonder the ratings aren't better considering most superhero female shows get so much attention, not to mention it's got all that retarded and quirky comedy to it, and how women are all great and shit.

I guess it knocked Tumblr out of the loop when they aired that gender changing episode and inadvertently made it seem like anyone who wants to change gender is a monster. Ever since that episode it's been scarcely approved of on Tumblr.

Before "that guy" shows up, by Tumblr I refer to common society that dwells there, the kind the site is known for.

this is sexist towards guys isn't it?

This is why RS is getting kicked. It's not female-praising enough.

Minty was pissed that it was about to be an all boys season so she shoved her self insert character into the mix, and continued the role of bringing more females onto the show, mixed with "strong and brave" aspects, and that women can be badass just like, even better than, guys.

Not sure about that, but I do know she was mad at JG for treating the girls on the show like "trophies" for Mordecai to get. She said Eileen was "the bombshell to change all that" because Mordecai didn't want her, and she wanted Rigby because he was "a project, to mold him into a more respecting person, for women and himself" and that he would end up coming out better than Mordecai.

Needless to say we're most likely not going to see Mordecai get with anyone because that would mean the jerk male wins and the female is stuck in a relationship only based on how pretty she is... or something.

is minty holding jg's cock hostage?

ah, just like my gravity falls generals

>she was mad at JG for treating the girls on the show like "trophies" for Mordecai to get
[citation needed]

>Females. Females eat this shit up.
unfortunately true. getting suckered into a bunch of cute plushes is my vice. nu-ppg has some too, but supporting that shitshow is not the greatest of ideas. there's probably bootlegs of the older designs on aliexpress or something

>gender gap
what the fuck, stop dealing with these subjects on a kids channel

and stop being such a pussy that you cry for attention about it

Boy, I sure do like all that source on those accusations.

>2 and a half more months
>the show will be dead completely
>CN will no longer acknowledge its existence beyond what they hardly do now
>no more chances for merchandise, good or average
>no one will care or even know

Because it's shit
CN should be working harder to burn off these final eps and move on

Good

>Because it's shit
so is most of the rest of their lineup

The Key to The Universe: The guys have to save Pops.

No Train No Gain: Before going on their first terraforming mission, the guys are given the chance to bring one member from Earth with them each. Mordecai has to decide asking Margaret or CJ to join him.

>The guys have to save Pops.
I thought he was already Christian

>Mordecai has to decide asking Margaret or CJ to join him
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

CAN THEY JUST GET ON WITH THE STORY ALREADY????

They're letting it die quietly. It had it's run and thankfully they're kind enough to give it a final season but pushing the last season of something that's on it's way out just isn't prudent. They need to drum up views for what they still have left in the roster.

im disappointed they wont be doing any real life songs anymore

its been quite some time now

I wonder if The Ice Tape is the christmas special we're getting. The plotline is "The guys have to play a very special VHS tape.", what if it's a message from all the characters down on Earth? Could be really bittersweet.

It's 11 minutes, and the special should be a half hour.

This episode is the followup to Alpha Dome, where it ended with them going to a new location. Sounds like they find some mysterious ancient vhs tape or something, and it's made of Ice. It would explain why the plot is about them needing to play it, they need to find something that can play an ice tape. Unless the plot is just loosely describing some of it and most of the episode is about showing what's on the tape. If it's what I said before, then I could see them ending it showing what's on the tape.

Provide source.

>Mordecai has to decide asking Margaret or CJ to join him.

If this shit is real, I'll be laughing my ass off for days to come, as I know that the writers will make a showcase of nu-male Betacai nice guy cuckoldry out of it.

Jesus, I actually thought this show was over and done with years ago. Methinks CN just wants this show gone at this point.

>CAN THEY JUST GET ON WITH THE STORY ALREADY????

It has been going places for quite a while now. And Quintel is seemingly still deluded that people want to see his blue-feathered self-insert have yet another bad turn at his life.

Still waiting for that source on that episode description.

Either you people are very gullible, or it's one samefag.

>more interpersonal drama involving Mordecai
Frownyface, frownyface, frownyface.

To be honest, I wouldn't put it past the writers. By now Mordecai the /r9k/ bird is utterly cringeworthy, yet creators keep cramming as much of his shenanigans as first season could contain back in RS's heyday.

Was it really worth it to turn chill, friendly loser into a douchebag who sticks to those whom he considers beneath him and gets salty when they fare better at life than he does?

>To be honest, I wouldn't put it past the writers.

After one entire season where it wasn't important and hasn't been since?

>Was it really worth it to turn chill, friendly loser into a douchebag who sticks to those whom he considers beneath him and gets salty when they fare better at life than he does?

Mordecai was always chill but had problems with girls.

I like how you highlight the one time it happened with the dude who straight up ruined his life. Who goes "That's messed up dude!" when Mordecai confesses that to him despite having been infinitely worse towards him their entirely life. And that confession being "I always kinda liked being the better of us two." Which he is.

That counts as "turning someone into something else"? Your opinion has no foothold and is ill thought out.

>Still waiting for that source on that episode description.
theres been someone post descriptions for awhile now without source and no one ever asked, they just turned out true

but that second one does feel off, im positive its fake, which means the first one probably is too, but it is more believable

>Which he is.

Whatever you say, bro. :-{D

>theres been someone post descriptions for awhile now without source and no one ever asked, they just turned out true

That's still not a reason to believe anything.

Weird how you not addressing anything else. Here's that (you) you want.

Mordecai's problem in the season finale made perfect sense. It was tackled pretty well too. It doesn't make you a dick, but it does sound messed up when you say it out loud, to hate that the guy who has been beneath you for years is suddenly in a more progressive path than you. He was jealous sure, but it makes sense. He doesn't stay with Rigby because it makes him feel good about himself, it was just a thing that "was", but never the driving force behind their friendship. He only felt stuff about it when it started changing and he realized he has done nothing with his life.

It's entirely real for a character to feel like that about such a thing, it's just not tackled on shows without that guy actually being a dick.

Who are you explaining yourself to?

I'm not explaining myself. I'm bringing it up because apparently its an issue for

It's ogre guys just let it go. Let's hope the ending isn't fucked up like Gravity Falls.

It makes sense, but it's messed up. But I have a hard time feeling sorry for Rigby about it.

Actually, I think I remember in the unofficial commentary for the episode they said that the producers wanted more Mordecai in the episode. Which makes me wonder whether that subplot was originally planned at all.

Alex wanted to quit at Season 1's finale but kept going because a celeb's son said he liked it. Alex was young when he started, he couldn't handle the pressure and admitted it in an after-series interview. He said he was overworked and that's why the season 1 finale was going to be over. That's also why Season 2 was so late to be renewed. He blamed Disney but he was already packing his bags before changing his decision.

JG is older, has more experience with media work, and he went on with this show, without wanting to quit, for a few extra years. I think if he has a good story in mind, it should end well. We just have to hope he doesn't turn retarded and think the lamest story ever is great.

>Actually, I think I remember in the unofficial commentary for the episode they said that the producers wanted more Mordecai in the episode. Which makes me wonder whether that subplot was originally planned at all.
That pissed me off when I heard it. I wonder what we lost in it's favor.

I'm sure the Mordecai thing being under Rigby now was supposed to be an underlying thing, just not to be mentioned yet. It seems like Season 8 still has him suffering the story.

I too have seen your comment and agreed in mind alone but I reneber that commercial promoting the idea you speak of.
"All cartoons. All the time, 24 hours a day. 7 days a week, forever and ever And ever and ever until the end of time"
It wasn't bad enough when they added CN live, now they go against it by doing this shit

My ex would be turning in her urn if she could see this. It's a fucking travesty what they're doing to regular show during its final days.

my heartless corporate side says "why promote something that can no longer turn a profit" though

>spoiler
like someone else said, they aren't trying to get a profit out of it, they haven't in a loonng time, and when they did, they put so little effort into it that it was only for them to say "well, we tried!"

It looks like Mordecai is getting a really good blowjob..

The rain is a visual metaphor for that warm downward-weighing feeling you get right before you climax.

I do see both sides. Of course they could be doing more to promote it but at the sane time, why promote a show that's ending. The viewers who are still watching will watch until it's over and they don't want new ones.

I don't agree with their lack of DVDs fir the show unless the cost > the profit of said DVDs. Then it's perfectly justified.

Even as a fan who's been watching since the first episode I can be logical about their decisions.

Atleast when it comes to this, everything else CN is doing is terribad and I'm not 15 I'm 26 so I don't use that word lightly. There's just no other way to describe how much CN is fucking up.

I think nuPPG is doing much worse than this too. But that's getting another season (hopefully the last)

It's old news, Teen Titans Go! gives them merch out the ass.

What do they merchandise of it that RS can't do?

Well, funny to kids.
I had to watch a 9 year old, 11 year old, and 5 year old one day and TTG popped up. They didn't wanna change the channel and they laughed up a storm. (The 5 year old didn't like it though)

>not "one cartoon all day and then Family Guy reruns"

This is nothing new for Cartoon Network. I remember when my friend and I (although I'm sure many others did this as well) would mock it as the "Scooby Doo" network.

i had rewatched the graduation episode. But like why were people shitting on rigby when mordo was being a straight up chode? i understand mordo's reasoning but thats still kinda fucked and rigby i can understand somewhat when he didnt ask mordecai what was going on. Is this the reason why people were shitting on rigby since he failed to ask the former what was going or did i miss some underlying thing?

They didn't have such a vast inventory back then.

You are not making any sense. Be a bit more elaborate please.

Jesus christ, did no one notice the 4 hour marathon they just had of TTG?

Give that shit to RS. Air the movie, do SOMETHING.

Sickening.

Okay:

When i first saw the episode for Rigby's graduation in one of the talkback threads people were shitting on rigby more than mordecai even though the latter was being a complete faggot. I am wondering the reason for this. I rewatched the episode again and didn't really see how rigby did much wrong in not the episode aside from not asking mordecai whats wrong but then again rigby was already trying to deal with on how to do the speech. were people shitting on rigby more due to him failing to ask modrecai what was wrong or was it just a case of Sup Forums being Sup Forums?

>starts off with an episode paired with "more of the same"
p o t t e r y

I don't remember much except arguments about how Rigby is suddenly better than Mordecai and that not being true etc.

fucking supernoobs? they're airing a boomerang exclusive?? fine, yea fuck ttg, but they're stretching to show fucking supernoobs?

>I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now.

This but without kinda or mostly.

I got you covered.

>This is why RS is getting kicked. It's not female-praising enough.

What? No. Not even remotely.

Today, TTG is 51% of the schedule.

what a record breaking low

Fuck off FluffyDipper you obnoxious cock sucker.

Do they? I only see DVDs. DVDs of Season only releases. RS got too many Compilation releases.

Actually stay on model

ttg is not pg, what the fuck

Because his shoulders are raised instead of slumped it just looks he's jerking it.

with both hands?

i know right? I love how Sup Forums loves bashing on specific shows when in reality most of whats out there nowadays is pretty shit in general. you just got sorta through the shit and find the more sugar coated shits. like do you guys honestly think TTG is better than RS? or uncle grandpa? come on, lol.

They do here. (UK)

UK promos are awesome, shame they censor the show like hell.

Maybe not UG, but TTG is definitely better than RS and has been for a while. And that's RS's fault for having such crappy writing for the past two years. Its time is done, it deserves to die, its even dying with some dignity, a full season where they can do whatever they want, all the whining about promotion for a dying show is moronic.

>TTG
>better than anything that isn't the new powerfemales
im not even being a defenseful fan, but your bait is too obvious, next time don't come into a thread and say the topic's show is shit and that the website-deemed garbage of a show is better. It's just too easy.

First, type in uppercase like an adult if you want to try and take some authoritative tone. Second, defenseful isn't a word, but if it was, you are absolutely being a "defenseful" fan by accusing me of baiting. I assume by "website-deemed garbage" of a show, you mean Sup Forums thinks TTG is shit, which is partly true, yet it gets more attention that Regular Shit ever has. And finally, if I was indeed baiting by giving my widely shared opinion that TTG has been better than RS for the past two years, if for no other reason than people bother with TTG and wrote off RS long ago for its constant crappy writing and whiny status quo crap, you fell for it hook, line, and sinker. When it comes to this long since dead show that's finally getting the proper death it deserves, and the crybabies who think it needs an extra commercial out of a faint childish hope that maybe it won't be canceled into oblivion for good, like you said, it's just too easy.

PPG doesn't fucking matter, that show is getting bankrolled just so CN has an excuse to make merchandise