/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General:

When You Realize It's A "Dale Cooper Fucks Everything Up and Makes Your Life Even Worse AGAIN" Episode Edition

pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Meanwhile:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=guwl1w0yFGk
lostinthemovies.com/2017/09/twin-peaks-return-parts-17-18-past.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anyone else notice Pole 6 made another appearance in front of Carrie Page's house?

Have you guys discussed this Reddit theory yet?

>交代, that is "jiāo dài", is Chinese meaning 'to explain'. The ultimate negative force is explanation. Lynch's life philosophy. Son of a bitch.

90% of the twin peaks didn't make it

look how little Heather Graham and duchovny had to do with twin peaks, and they had a great career after twin peaks

Where can I read professional final reviews about this shit show?

Did i just saw Shark Boy and Lava Girl ?

Loved the ending, loved the season.

I maintain that normalCoop saved Laura Palmer from death. Now they just need to get Sarah Palmer down for she is the medium of ebil force.

Still here

How do I unlynch myself after episode 18?

so possessed sarah palmer is still killing people in twin peaks and that's just not worthy of addressing?

>last episode is a whole episode of Cooper which is not even Cooper
B R A V O
R
A
V
O

last scene was a dream

laura in 1989 is the dreamer

cooper asks what year is it

laura's mother calls out to her from the waking world

laura recognizes her mother's voice and realize she's dreaming

she screams and wakes up back in 1989 the morning they would have found her body had cooper not had changed the past

What happen with Mr. C? Did he reach White Lodge and now can create his own reality or he was just cucked by Coop?

will she be alright?

Gordon Pole lol

I miss Annie...

Cooper's dream, season 1 ep 3:
youtube.com/watch?v=guwl1w0yFGk
>in the finale, Laura/Carrie hears Sarah yelling "Laura!"
>this is the first thing Cooper heard in his dream, 25 years earlier
>magician poem
>Coop and Carrie literally just got cucked by the magicians temporarily inhabiting the home they wish to visit

Am I the only one who was more LYNCHED by the Diane scenes in part 18 than the Carrie ones? I get what was going on there mostly, alternate personas being in tune with their originals, but what the fuck was going on with Cooper and Diane?

I assumed the 430 miles thing was them crossing whatever threshold, but then it seems like the sex scene was the threshold instead. Why was Cooper so stoic in bed but himself in the car? Why was Diane covering his face like that? What the fuck did any of that mean?

>tfw you were just rying to save laura but you fucked everything up and now have no idea whats going on and are porbably going to be stuck in hell for another 25 years

So we can all agree that Part 18 was the ultimate pleb filter, right?

>tfw after watching the finale

Variety, IndieWire, Deadline, Vulture all pretty good
AV Club, cancerous
Slashfilm, meaningless

Memes aside, what was Booper's end game?

Why did he try so hard to avoid the Lodge?

Naido being reduced to a placeholder for Diane is another example of Lynch’s clumsy sidelining of non-white characters. In this case, she’s not even a character, but a symbol of a character.

I like BoC a lot but these comparisons don't make much sense.

Did Becky die?

wait, really? it does sound the same now that I think about it, but damn.

Lee was goat.
I think this is what's happening. Coop wanted to go and nail Sarah but he couldn't.

Season 4 is 100% going to happen, you can screencap this

Saving Laura was all he cared about which eventually got him stuck in the final scene

eh. shit happens

There are over 4 hours of unused fotage of Gordon Cole puting his penis iniside Tammys vavona. My dad works at Showtime.

It doesn't matter if she was because Lynch doesn't care

unironically yes

Also important to note that television wasn't prestigious at all in 1990, Twin Peaks was one of the first shows that set it down that path. It's not like today where the stars of the biggest tv show (GoT) get blockbuster movie roles.

in order to fix the timeline we have to rectify the original sin

when jerry stole mrs tremond's marble rye

fuck off

He was approaching the entrance to the White Lodge. The Fireman trapped him and moved him to the sheriff's station, where he already showed Andy what would happen.

>AV Club, cancerous

NEW TWIN PEAKS MOVIE WHEN?

Heh, even though it was posted here first. Ah, who the hell cares.

lostinthemovies.com/2017/09/twin-peaks-return-parts-17-18-past.html

This is the guy who does the Journey Through Twin Peaks vids, not exactly a review but a great writeup

It was her punishment for cultural appropriation.

Yes.

That's Cooper, I meant Bob.

These issues are undefendable
>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately ("fuck you, albert", glove, andy and lucy, coordinates, riddles, ...)
>bad acting (Bell, Lynch, Horse, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>roadhouse scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the return" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>extended pitch black scenes because of a lack of a competent cinematographer
>audio issues with microphone static left unaddressed because of poor sound design
>extremely poor editing with magically disappearing extras and production staff accidentally walking into frame
>somehow the best thing in tv history

Jerry stole the garmanbozia

>in this case, she's not even a character, but a symbol of a character
Wow, just like everyone in S3

WRONG

>hurr durr satisfying conclusions are for faaaaaags

Fuck those end credits were depressing.

nowadays, it's either tv actors getting movie roles and movie actors getting tv roles because their movie career is shit.

Sup Forums posts are worth more than professional reviews at this point. They offer no meaningful analysis or commentary and basically just say "it was great, classic Lynch"

>The number 7 is the seeker, the thinker, the searcher of Truth (notice the capital "T"). The 7 doesn't take anything at face value -- it is always trying to understand the underlying, hidden truths. The 7 knows that nothing is exactly as it seems and that reality is often hidden behind illusions.

Sheryl is a fucking national treasure. At first I was disappointed we only got her briefly in two episodes but goddamn Lynch knows how to make her short appearances fucking amazing

Twin Peaks: Dougie Play Ball With Me

WHY IS HER HAND SO RED

i think he enjoyed having a physical presence in the world and inflicting suffering. the real question is why the fuck he didn't just continue with this after he avoided going back to the lodge and dougie got taken back instead. he didn't want to go back to the lodge but was the point in going seeing jeffries and all that?

Now you're getting it, user.

Wait so who killed Laura?

Never.

I cringe just knowing that my mom will watch this later today and sit through the 4 minute sex scene

who here /supportingthetwobestwaifus/?

She was 10/10 in FWWM too.

So she's actually saved? Is it a happy ending then? because it doesn't leave you with a happy feeling at all. The tone of the final scene contradicts with the context. Also what would be the point?

>no interesting ideas
Stopped reading there

Hi, I don't know if you remember me. I posted around here in the first few threads for the premiere.
I was the guy whose mom watched the show when it aired and was a massive fangirl back then. She introduced it to me when I was a teenager and was inhumanly excited for the Return, she got the whole family together to watch the premiere and made pie, coffee, all that shit.

The atmosphere around the house now can only be described as somber, it's like someone died.
As a woman who didn't really like FWWM back in the day I was scared that she would dislike everything about the new series. I was pleasently surprised that she liked it each week, she loved Dougie, the new characters, the FWWM vibe at times and legit cried when Coop fully returned and when Ed finally got with Norma. She lost her shit, in a good way, when the seasons retcon started and we started the finale in absolute hype.

But even then she got crushed by the finale. She reacted was like they killed her puppy or something, she didn't even like scream or got mad or anything like that. She just asked for some time to think about it and hasn't really talked about it since, I don't she wants to.
She spend the whole day kinda bummed out and it's kinda killing me inside that she lost all her energy that much. It almost looks like she doesn't love Twin Peaks anymore.

But basically, I need help, how do I cheer her up about the finale? I'm leaving later today to go back home and I don't wanna leave her like that. And I don't want to shame her into liking it by calling her a dumb plebeian that can't appreciate high-level television or something.
Please, I need ideas.
Thank you.

So uhh, what did the extensive amount of exposition, scenes and screentime devoted to Gordon Cole/Albert/Tammy even accomplish?

serious question, do you autists actually believe you enjoyed this shit or do you just pretend to make yourselves feel different from everyone else?

Bobby

ronald mcdiane lol

Pure retard Dougie spinoff Series with 25 seasons when

Identity politics memes aside it was pretty lazy. It's like Lynch/Frost couldn't figure out what to do with the character so they just turned her into Diane at the last second. It reminds me of Devil May Cry 4.

Still alive.

I watched it with my mom

No, Sarah Palmer is still Judy.

Season 3 makes it so that Laura Palmer WAS NOT KILLED.

Your question is moot.

Great television

Because when you wake up from bad dreams you're normally terrified.

That they are the FBI

Her ass game is fantastic though

People will discuss this ending for 10 years desu

the redhead agent that works with lynch gets my hard

i've forgotten - how were the FBI even aware of dougie?

No, that post is b8. Protip: If you ever find yourself reading the words "is the dreamer," stop reading.

t. gotfag

No because Sarah Palmer is still Juden and killing people to collect pain and sorrow for the otherworldy spirits.

The spirits are allegory of the viewer who needs pain and sorrow like Twin Peaks to get their kicks and thus the characters need to suffer because of the viewer.

>only 6% were right

wouldnt the return be tomorrows harvest?

Sheryl Lee

>tfw she said my name in an episode
Was jerkin' it to that shit for days

this is probably pasta, but still, discuss the finale with her. Like, bring up the different theories surrounding what it all meant and if she's still feeling shit about it, take the easiest, most happy-ending like theory and try to make it seem like the true thing.

>judy
>jew day

Unsure if it was just my copy or what (or if it's been pointed out already) but did anyone notice that this had no electricity sound on the final ep?

>Cooper never met Harry
>Cooper never met Audrey
>Cooper never met Andy
>Cooper never met Hawk
>Cooper never met Annie
>Cooper never met Briggs

Not where it counts.

>The actual Special Agent Dale Cooper character gets exactly 37 minutes of screentime in a 18 hour series