California to remove steering wheels from future vehicles. BREAKING NEWS

BREAKING NEWS

Assembly Bill 1592 will make California the first State in America to allow vehicles without steering wheels or any manual controls

“the testing of autonomous vehicles that do not have a driver seated in the driver’s seat and are not equipped with a steering wheel, a brake pedal, or an accelerator.”

>MEATBAGS NO LONGER ALLOWED STEERING WHEELS
>NO PEDALS FOR DISGUSTING MEAT FEET TO TOUCH
>COMPLETELY RELIANT ON TRUE INTELLIGENCE (AI) TO DRIVE THEM

techcrunch.com/2016/08/30/california-regulators-warm-up-to-the-idea-of-driverless-cars-sans-steering-wheel/

CALIFORNIA IS SO FUCKING AMAZING. BEST STATE ON EARTH

CAR NUTS BTFO. NO MORE STEERING WHEELS. BIG TECH MONEY LITERALLY SHITTING ON MANUAL DRIVERS. NO MORE AGENCY FOR YOU MEATS.

IT IS FUCKING HAPPENING

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0IeyGZsLnzE
cnbc.com/2015/10/29/crash-data-for-self-driving-cars-may-not-tell-whole-story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=bQYK74WwNNI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

CALIFORNIA TO ALLOW TRUE DRIVERLESS CARS

NO DRIVER
NO PEDALS
NO STEERING WHEEL

It's fucking happening. Tech money btfo the doubters. TRANSHUMANISM NOW.

>hurr 2050 before driverless

ITS OVER MEATBAGS
THIS IS NOT A JOKE
THE NEW STAGE OF EVOLUTION IS UPON US AND THE GODS OF EARTH ARE MACHINES

this restricts personal mobility in the long run

FUCK OFF ROBONIGGERS

considering tesla auto cars have killed at least two people how the fuck is this possible?
try this shit on my 1990 supra.

Total control over freedom of movement.

even your ability to properly drive yourself to work for sheqelstein is doubted
do you need automatic diaper dispensers

Humans will be similar to the position dogs are in the current hierarchy

AI in general will reduce human "freedom"

Even accounting for this, the AI's are far superior drivers than humans. I welcome this new change.

t. Irvine

Yes.

Humans are no longer useful for the advancement of anything. We are all being phased out. From hedge fund managers to the president of the US. Any attempt to stop AI takeover would be like a dog trying to take control of a human household.

Human drivers have killed more though

I have a question. How much data can you transfer to another human?

AI can transfer at ever increasing speeds through a digital medium.

You can talk or maybe give off visual indications.

AI is superior to us in every possible way.

Our time is done. Just marvel at our creations and how evolution is the only constant.

You know Greatest Ally only wants them for servitude?

When you look at a skyscraper or infrastructure. Do you realize that it's destruction would upset things more than the death of any of the people inside it dying?

Stop being human-centric. We are simply outdated hardware and the new hardware design (AI) is much better. Just like it always went on earth from single celled organisms to monkeys to humans to AI. We are all one system.

a teenager killed my father being a dumb girl in a car.

i still dont support this. there will be problems out the ass.
how does it handle heavy rain? heavy snow?
theres too many issues and too many problems at the moment to put auto driving cars on the road.
getting to my house involves a good 4 miles of dirt shitty road. is this ai car going to tackle that?

No one will "control" the new species anymore than monkeys control humanity.

If a monkey came up to you and scratched it's ass in a pattern to show it is what evolved into you, would you obey it?

If they are powerful enough to defeat them. They have made a grave mistake I doubt they'd make.

Yes, and it will do it better than you by 2020

humans are stupid.

Did you not realize this yet? Do you think any Illuminati bilderberg types predicted the internet even?
Most of them couldn't even predict the clash of cultures between Islam and the rest of the world.

he fell for the humans are stupid meme

Like most things. Humans are absolutely amazing in untold ways while at the same time being completely stupid.

Just depends if you compare us to prior life or what is possible.

he fell for the history meme

highly doubt it.
auto driving cars will be pushed hard in the cities.
theyll have fender benders at 20 mph because theyre in cities.
most likely run a few pedestrians over.
and people like me will continue to drive normal cars because we like some sense of self control.
not to mention as you thumbprint in to log into your self driving fag car it will take you straight to the police station for unpaid fag car parking tickets
so you guys can have fun with that.

How the fuck are self diving cars supposed to deal with bad roads, accidents, car problems, etc?

That makes no fucking sense. It has been shown time and time again that self-drive cars are REALLY bad when driving alongisde "irrational" human drivers. A mixture of both will always be catastrophic. Are they planning to ban normal cars?

How do humans deal with them?

Do we call up our souls and use our magic special powers unique to humans?

This has to be shopped, there's no driver in that car

This will never happen. No state government is willing to lose the easy speeding ticket and driver license money.

Let's analyze the situation in a humorous way not meant to seriously answer your question.

- Average PLEBE that wants to drive himself.

- Corporate interests that can make a trillion dollar industry and have every big tech and auto company involved while hiding behind "save the children."

I'm sure the government wouldn't ban human driving in that case. The masses of dumb plebes would surely have their views expressed to government instead of the trillions of dollars that corporations stand to make controlling all transit in a society.

Let's see

Potential trillionaires
vs
Truck drivers

Who wins?

A driving car won't maneuver bad roads how I would. They wouldn't safely stop at a place I want them to in case a tire went or like I would. They wouldn't drive away if a nigger tried to fuck with it like I would. They are not built to handle anything that requires unusual circumstances.

Why the fuck does Commiefornia ruin the auto industry? Emissions, design rules, now fucking autonomous cars?

Fuck you and your rules, you ruined the car industry. I wish we were still driving around in big, 3 ton, steel, jagged edged, 6 foot high winged, 10 litre V8 suicide machines.

youre literally every other post in this thread.
you can go fuck yourself fagget. to be quite honest

/thread

its roth shitposting bet 50 candy vans

California pls join Atlantis. It's time.

San Andreas, do your thing already.

i bet nothing and caliphornia can go eat a fucking dick while its at it.
theres already self driving city transportation
its called a fucking bus

>tfw my father just invested a stock early on in the company that is making these cars
IM GOING TO BE RICH AS FUCK NIGGERS

Why would fuck would you ever remove the steering wheel?

Wouldn't there always still be situations in which you want a human driver to take over an "autonomous vehicle"?

The AI or sensors could be malfunctioning, in an environment where it doesn't drive well autonomously (off road or in lighting where the sensors don't work well), it could lose GPS signal, maybe it needs to be commandeered by police or for an emergency.

I just don't understand why you would ever remove the steering.

>not investing in lithium miners

Pleb.

>inb4 "Former Clinton aide died this weekend in a horrific car crash involving an autonomous vehicle."

has to be public interest and when transportation is a huge industry no one is going to give up their job and suicide

This.

On top of that, the only computer programs I would trust my life to are the "dumb" ones that serve a basic mechanical purpose. Anyone who has any familiarity with how complicated "intelligent" programs designed by engineers who may secretly be Java apologists knows this is not only a bad idea, but a fucking terrible idea.

but nah ill just trust a fairly new AI system thats already killed two in perfect conditions to drive me the 20 miles everyday to and from work. im sure itll work great when theres half a foot of snow on the ground.
eat fucking dick.

You need to remember these cars are designed for low-test beta faggots who don't enjoy driving. They use the car to get to the supermarket, to their wifes sons junior league game or driving their wife to Jamal's house.

We will see lol

youtube.com/watch?v=0IeyGZsLnzE

Seems weird to not transition into allowing self-driving cars that still give the owner the option to interfere before you go all the way

Pulse weapons when?

the technology literally isn't even there yet, all this will do is kill the car making industry in california except for the like 2 or 3 special snowflake companies that make a very small number before they realize no one wants to sell their current car for this shit

>how does it handle heavy rain? heavy snow?

most likely better than humans.

I really don't know why this "is has to be perfect or it's shit" mindset is so prevalent on Sup Forums.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be better than what we have nowadays.

I understand that, but even then. After years of having its sensors clogged by dirt/dust and it's gyros rattled by potholes, eventually something is going to give. It's going to start driving erratically and it will need maintenance. Why wouldn't it have a "manual steering" / driving provision so that a maintenance person could at least drive the damn thing to the shop?

They are getting way too overconfident in these things during testing, as usual. They don't understand the rigors and horrors that normal drivers put their cars through.

Again the problem will be to pass a law that makes it forbidden to have drivers on the roads. Who would have the political gall to do that?

The moment accidents start rolling in with the self-driving cars, the safety message will easily be void.

If only France had such a law.

#commonsensesteeringwheellaws

good way to kill whites and asians since they'll be the only ones who can afford them.

>It doesn't have to be perfect
yeah, it kind of does

I'm going to crash this fucking thing into a tree and sue tesla

thats why two (minimum ) have been killed by self driving cars.
theyre so fucking great

No it doesn't. That mindset would rule out any kind of progress. Ever.
Nothing is ever perfect, it is always just an improvement of an older generation

finally, a real solution to the ever present threat of assault vehicles

So humans cant drive it, ever.

Meaning the taxi passengers, carjackers, or whatever can't do SHIT with it.

Based California.

It just means car jackers will shift from niggers and spics to chinese and russians. And they can do it from the comfort of their own homes.

That's why the technology isn't in circulation yet. They are working on easier problems such as highway driving and will expand their efforts for more treacherous terrain as they advance.

I really don't get people sometimes. You aren't going to wake up tomorrow and not be able to drive yourself around. This is just changing the legislation to allow for progress in the autonomous vehicle industry.

Don't crap your pants just yet.

cnbc.com/2015/10/29/crash-data-for-self-driving-cars-may-not-tell-whole-story.html

The first negative article I could find still admitted that the driverless cars were not at fault for any accidents in over a million miles logged.

when you feel safe to let a self driving car drive you 20+ miles home and back in and out of the city through ridiculous snow you go ahead and come back with a big boy opinion kay?
not everyone lives inside a multicultural asshole with a max speed of 35 "KMH"

This will totally end well

You;re a fucking idiot.

My man. Which Aussie miners are you in? I hold AJM, PLS, and LIT (not a miner but mining tech).

Don't worry. Poor people like you will still have to drive yourself.

REEEEE I JUST GOT A NEW CAR
I DONT WANT A TECHNOFAG CAR TO FUCK IT UP

i will never drive a self driving car.
t. fagget that lives in a fagget faggy city
get raped like the shit stick you are

>not everyone lives inside a multicultural asshole with a max speed of 35 "KMH"

Fucking >American education man. There are only two things Germany is known for, the Nazis and our Autobahnen, and yet you still fuck it up.

Maximum Overdrive when?

stop with the dog analogy. fuck. the obvious and better comparison is a house cat. jesus fucking christ bro, so obvious.

DURRRRRRRRRRRR ITS ALREADY COOL TO NOT DRIVE YOURSELF.
THAT POKEMON GO SHIT IS REALLY HARD TO STARE AT A SCREEN AND DRIVE AT THE SAME TIME ISNT IT?

youtube.com/watch?v=bQYK74WwNNI

Snow is hard. That's why they are testing their tech in easier scenarios first.

Theres going to be some interesting years in the next 2 decades. I womder what the globalist Jews are planning

Also did you forget a 0 after that 20? That's fucking nothing. Most people wish they'd live that close to their job.

t. underaged redditor

the city driving is the hardest right now, but they continue to gather data that will accelerate it's progress. it can drive on freeways easy, two lane high ways are the reason we need this. I hate driving on those roads, everyone is texting these days.

1 of 2 thing will happen to the auto bauhn with atuo driving cars.
itll be limited to a fag speed because thats all faggy electric cars can go
2. shit skins will cause a ridiculous amount of deaths on the autobahn because theyre shitskins.

Teslas autopilot isnt actually a self driving car tho. Its just a supped up version of cruise control. In 2020, we will have self driving cars. Deep learning is advancing machine vision to such an extant that self driving cars will ne better than humans in 10 to 5 years.

>California
Fucking fags, that place deserves to be gassed.

>i will never drive a self driving car.

Of course you wont, it will drive itself.

>No manual control

So what if the auto system malfunctions? You give the driver no control?

The driver should always be able to take control of the vehicle. It's basic safety measures.

Keep in mind that most products are made by the low effort hacking of bullshit together into a pretty package. Most engineers probably think that it's normal to have "imposter syndrome" while they're pretending to make high-tech products.

Your self driving cars, while not running on Windows XP, WILL be made with some level of human incompetency.

There won't be pedals or a steering wheel. It doesn't say anything about some other system for stopping the car. It might just not look like what people are now accustomed to and the legislation is adapting for that.

>I have no fucking idea what I am talking about so let me pull out my crystal orb and also spout some Muslim memes to satisfy my Arab-cuck-fetish

Just fuck off you inbred moron. You have been BTFO on every single post you made in this thread.

>In 2020, we will have self driving cars
for very specific applications in designated areas probably but nothing that anyone would reasonably consider commercial

That just sounds like a dumb idea. What if you get an error or virus and the car goes haywire?

What I really want to see is AI vs AI. I mean different nation states are developing AI's in parallel. Google is the forefront of western research into AI, however, the Chinese and Japanese are doing their own research as well. Indeed, I think it's very naive to think as soon as one AI pops up, it wouldn't be an arms race for other nations to create their own AI.

So unless the AI were to declare war on humanity in that moment, we will see the rise of a new cold war, except with AI's fighting each other.

Autonomous vehicles will kill people. They will make incorrect decisions and cause accidents, killing their occupants and others. This is just something you have to learn to live with. Just like how sometimes autopilot points the plane into the ocean.

No one gets out of the universe alive mate.

The driver should always be able to take full control (steering, acceleration and braking) incase the situation calls for it.

AI is no where near developed enough to handle every situation while driving.
Literally anything can happen on the road and computers cant possibly be programmed to handle everything.

Giving the "driver" no control is fucking idiotic and dangerous.

Not to mention what happens if there is an error or virus or heck someone tries to take remote control. Manual override and back ups are always good ideas.

>Being such an autist

Besides we had driverless cars already :^)

There probably wont be a point to having those features. At least one of the Tesla deaths has been because of the AI failing and the driver failing to correct the issue even with the pedals and steering wheel. People cannot context switch fast enough to escape an emergency situation when they are not already paying attention to the road around them.

Good. The government has no place in restricting what kind of trade that I and another consenting adult engage in.

>white woman driving through bad neighborhood
>dem nigs stand in front of her car, triggering the ai to stop
>they approach her, force themselves inside and rape her
>rape her more
>barely conscious, tie her up and put her back in the car
>send her on her way to their homies hood, fully nude and tied to the chair with lewd insults and profanity ettched into the paint
>they rape her too
>send her to the next hood
>rape
>send her across the country

At least give the driver a chance instead of saying
>One person died anyway so fuck em xD

>Autist

It's a basic safety measure, how is it autistic?

>Besides we had driverless cars already :^)

Yes, with manual driving options..

kek

While this is ridiculous it could be true that one person could just stand in front of the car while another steals it.