strawpoll.me/13860616
instagram.com/p/BYoL386D9MJ/?taken-by=officialdeputyhawk
youtube.com/watch?v=WYn74HY1KgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VMeWQXE38dA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

strawpoll.me/13860616
>strawpoll.me/13860616
strawpoll.me/13860616

was jerry in the forests for weeks? constantly high? just walking across the country? what the fuck

WHERE THE FUCK WAS HE???

>Cooper: Phillip?
>Phillip: Please, be specific
>Cooper: The date, February 23rd, 1989
>Phillip: I'll find it for ya
>Phillip: It's slippery in here
>Phillip: It's good to see you again, Cooper
>Phillip: Say hello to Gordon if you see him
>Phillip: He'll remember the unofficial version
>Phillip: This is where you find Judy
>Phillip: There may be someone
>Phillip: Did you ask me this?

>Phillip: Cooper remember...
>MIKE: ELECTRICITY

These issues are undefendable
>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately ("fuck you, albert", glove, andy and lucy, coordinates, riddles, ...)
>bad acting (Bell, Lynch, Horse, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>roadhouse scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the return" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>extended pitch black scenes because of a lack of a competent cinematographer
>audio issues with microphone static left unaddressed because of poor sound design
>extremely poor editing with magically disappearing extras and production staff accidentally walking into frame
>somehow the best thing in tv history

I need your rarest Bobbys and Mitchums

What was up with that phone call between Coop and Truman? He asks "what was that" after he hears the shots, then there's a long pause and Truman says "I think this one's dead", and somehow Coop knows exactly what he means. It seems like everyone became psychic in the last few episodes.

>Created a timeline where Laura didn't die
>In that timeline he also never went to Twin Peaks to investigate the murder, which consequentally prevented him being stuck in Black Lodge for 25 years

How is this a bad ending again

mommy

Reposting since most of the discussion has been on Carrie:

Am I the only one who was more LYNCHED by the Diane scenes in part 18 than the Carrie ones? I get what was going on there mostly, alternate personas being in tune with their originals, but what the fuck was going on with Cooper and Diane?

I assumed the 430 miles thing was them crossing whatever threshold, but then it seems like the sex scene was the threshold instead. Why was Cooper so stoic in bed but himself in the car? Why was Diane covering his face like that? What the fuck did any of that mean?

He and Annie got married and left all this Twin Peaks fuckery behind.

SHE WANTS THE DDDDD

instagram.com/p/BYoL386D9MJ/?taken-by=officialdeputyhawk

comfy hawk, lads. stops just short of thanking /tpg/ but he knows hes /ourguy/

Is Lynch the Hidetaka Miyazaki of Sup Forums?

why are threadfags so mad? lol

THREAD THEME:

youtube.com/watch?v=WYn74HY1KgQ

so, what did she whisper to him?

semen demon

Any theories as to why those words "What year is it" made "Laura" remember herself?

YOU JUST KNOW

This scene made me want to find Sheryl IRL and put a ring on that ASAP

this is making me cry

So the blackface homeless guys literally had no point?
Why didn't Cooper or Gordon try to stop them from getting into our world and randomly killing people?

non /tpg/ frequenters don't read this
/tpg/ frequenters, david lunch lol

MY FATHER LYNCHED ME

based hawk

>few hours
>pasta is already stale
good job autist

because le coffee didn't explain the whole message to my le upboat

Why did Sarah Palmer destroy Laura's picture? I don't get it? Wasn't that the Sarah in the original timeline? Why would she do that?

sick bobe face in this.

He's completely displaced in that timeline. It's not like he has a loving family to go back to like he could have done with Janey and Sonny.

1 timeline. That can be altered.
Dale Cooper proper saved Laura Palmer proper.
Sarah Palmer is Juden and still screwing over Twin Peaks. She must be dealt with, and this is pilot to season 4.

I fucking hate Lynch for dragging these guys to Twin Peaks and then not giving them anything to actually fucking do when they got there.

uh cause she was fucking insane

the original was good because it was unlike anything else on the tv at the time.

the return is good for the same reasons.

like the finale or not, it will be talked about for a long time.

i think lynch is a great director and this season was pretty good, but i really think he could have an entire episode of people sitting silently as they drive and most people here would defend it.

what a bro

Because Laura repeatedly raped Leland.

Fuck that got me teary eyed.

WHERE THE FUCK IS HARRY

So, who is Judy?

hawk #1

I wonder if Lynch would be down for a Twin Peaks movie. I'm sure someone would finance it. Most of the cast seems down for more Twin Peaks.

Because Judy is in Sarah and she was upset that Cooper attempted to undo Laura's death.

>implying
They were the AUDIENCE.

She remembered because she heard Sarah call for her

they had the best line of 17 though

Hawk truly has a heart of gold

"You done goofed"

Finally, a rational post.

But I think all art is made with an audience in mind unless we're talking about outsider art, which is made in many cases as a means of therapy. No one truly makes art solely for themselves, and if they do, then there's no need to showcase it to others.

>i don't think lynch did intentionally go into this trying to piss anyone off however

If it wasn't intentional, then whatever feeling he was trying to transmit failed to transmit. Therefore it is bad.

She remembered by looking at the house because the house is fucking HAUNTED

Why did BOB say 'catch you with my death bag' to Freddie?

What does that mean anyway?

I was upset that Cooper didn't at least acknowledge it as being BOB.

But wasn't it in the original timeline? I don't get it this is too confusing for me I give up.

A reminder to the audience that there's no such whimsical and simple answer to save these people from the torment they have experienced.

Whatever Dale caused when he saved Laura was not what was felt in the real Twin Peaks, nothing changed there, there was nothing he could do to stop it.

haha

I cannot let go, /tpg/. I'm so LYNCHED.
On one hand, I totally understand that this is Lynch and this is what's to be expected from him - subversion of expectations, surrealism, loose ends left hanging, and a strange as fuck conclusion that will beget a shitton of fan theories, but will never be properly explained on the official, canon level. This is what we were in for, and objectively it's absolutely fine. Lynch delivered.
On the other hand, I WANT THE GODDAMN ANSWERS. WHAT WAS THIS ALL ABOUT? WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT? WHAT THE HELL DID THAT MEAN? EXPLAIN!
This is really like waking from a weird dream. You're sitting and trying to comprehend what the hell you've been witnessing - for such a long time, it feels, and during that time it all seemed to mostly make sense, but now, after the dream surreally and abruptly ended, you are left indelibly impressed, yet totally confused.

How is Frank Silva still so fucking terrifying after being dead for 22 years and getting transformed into a CGI soccer ball?

mfw when you aren't exactly wrong.

Wish Showtime had reeled Lynch in a bit.

What the fuck Netflix...

So episode 18 irrevocably BTFO the haters and forever cemented her status as /ourgal/, right?

Is Julee Cruise still having a freak out on Facebook because she can't sing anymore and they dubbed over her voice?

What a great guy. Really makes people like MJA and Cruise look like little bitches.

Sarah Palmer is Judy.
Judy was supposed to meet with badCoop.
BadCoop got tricked to police station to die by the hands of good gang.
Cooper proper saves Laura from death.

This upsets Judy.

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=VMeWQXE38dA

Sheriff Truman already knew there were two Coopers.
>really cold guy sitting in front of him, doesn't want coffee
>gets a call from the other Cooper: warm personality, asks if coffee is ready
Immediately realizes what's up. Coop hears shots, asks a question to make sure everything is okay (Coop doesn't even know his doppleganger is there at the moment so it's unclear to him why there might be shots). Truman then gives him a response which contextually is understandable to Cooper.

>NO, CHRYSTA, DON'T LAUGH WHEN I SAY IT, WHEN I SAY THE LINE, YOU LOOK AT ME AND PRETEND TO BE AROUSED, OKAY?

I legitimately believe she was warning him not to try and save her.

love dudes like hawk and james and even sherilyn usually who legit love the show and david. julee cruise, mja, et al can fuck off.

Anyone else pissed off Cooper gave zero fucks about Harry?
>oh my best friend Harry is terminally sick, oh gee tell him I said Hi now I'm off to fuck Laura Dern

>One Punch Man
lmao

Well yeah Netflix has a garbage catalog, not like they can recommend things they don't have (which is almost everything).

Episode 18 did a lot of things

>the finale was bad because it didn't pander to people

your post was pathetic and why we get so many shit tv shows and movies

leave.

Lodge spirits and such exist outside of time.

There is no "original" timeline, there is infinite timelines as Jefferies showed us. Judy is some kind of negative force "god" and was reacting in disapproval of Cooper's alternation of time.

>This idiot who thinks Judy is Sarah

Vedderpasta

>there are people ITT right now that seriously believe there won't be a season 4 or a movie

I bet you all thought that Vedderfags were wrong, too

>Phillip: It's slippery in here
this made me think of jeffries as being a normal guy still and he's just trapped inside the big kettle and it's really wet and gross instead of actually being the kettle

They fucking know

I just love how the Mitchum Brothers were there to see all this shit

It doesn't get any bluer

Season 4 when?

I don't even remember capping this. last night was a weird night man.

>imagine the smell lads

Is Judy the most powerful being in the universe? It seems like she just had to freak out once to fuck everything up, while MIKE, the Giant, the Arm, Jeffries, and Cooper all working together still failed to fix anything.

Fuck Sherilyn Fenn and Julee Cruise

He gave them parts because even though they're not relevant to the story anymore he knows they were an essential part of the charm of the original series

Instead of being appreciative of getting any screentime at all they throw hissyfits demanding to be treated like stars and badmouthing him months after filming

Fuck both of those stupid bitches desu.

No-one tell him! Let him believe.

but he does get to fuck carrie, so really it's a happy ending

This is what they told me.

yeah the difference between your own weird dreams and this is that you can figure out your own dreams if you really try to think about them, how you felt in the dream, what you feel when you try to see it again in your minds eye
but we'll never EVER have any idea what Lynch meant by any of this.

Hello fellow anti-s3ist. Please don't remove valid points from previous versions of this pasta. Also, please don't add minor issues (probably the audio stuff) that could lead to discrediting of this pasta. Otherwise, feel free to further improve it and spread the word to make reddit fuck off from Sup Forums.

"starring Kyle McLaughlin"

She was telling him he made everything worse trying to save her, hence his look of shock.