pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Meanwhile:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gImcsvtASQc
youtube.com/watch?v=_zXKtfKnfT8
strawpoll.me/13860989
strawpoll.me/13861025
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Does this mean that Cooper will become a teapot in the future?
What does Lynch mean by "dreamer"? In my opinion, he means not that anyone is sleeping in the sense of lying in bed, but rather that they're a creative force that "dreams" a possibility and then makes it real.

So sorry to be a morrowindfag, it's just an analogy I don't think Lynch and Frost read the lore or anything, but Jeffries, Cooper, and Briggs are dreamers. In a sense, Jeffries and Briggs go the Vivec path, and Cooper goes the Dagoth Ur path. Cooper is at the center, and all things are real and unsymbolic, but he does not know he is dreaming, and seeks to interpret things i.e. fix them.

I don't think Cooper will be a teapot / disembodied head. He's the Sixth House, seeking to remake the world (note both Cooper and Doppelcooper make tulpas - ash vampires). Only unlike in Morrowind, this doesn't signal that Cooper is evil, only that he's an active creative force in the world. What he's only beginning to learn at the end is that merely changing events is not fixing anything. The same forces at work. Again, he's at the point where reality is uninterpreted but he's still interpreting it. He's acting on a plan that he, Jeffries, and Briggs began together when they were all at the same place. Jeffries and Briggs transcended that place, but Cooper has not.

I think you can take the Briggs/Jeffries to have "given up" on the plan and to exist in uninterpreted space. They basically give Cooper "The Plan to Defeat Dagoth Ur" which they wrote together back when they thought it mattered. It doesn't matter: the plan is wrong, because it interprets reality in a certain way, which is that Cooper can go save Laura. But Laura is not a high school girl, Bob is not the "evil that men do," The Experiment is not just some entity to thwart.

There are some undefendable issues with this series.

That's Mark Frost dressed as Pete by the way.

t. worked on the show

Make sense of it.

friendly reminder that doppelcoop did nothing wrong and Cooper was the real fuck-up the entire time

Why does this thread hate Wild West?
youtube.com/watch?v=gImcsvtASQc

Normal Cooper saved normal Laura Palmer.
Then Judy (in Sarah Palmer) steps in to fuck with the future events because she gets really upset that DoppelCoop is dead and Laura is alive.

Now they must find Sarah Palmer to stop her from doing more damage. 1 timeline.

Media that prepared you for this?

Thank Dougie.

Catastrophic, right?

Laura wasn't taken by Judy. She was taken by the Fireman, they were walking just by Jack Rabbit's Palace when she disappeared.

>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing (Only Diane and Audrey were raped and only offscreen, green glove man doesn’t use his STD-proof glove and super strength to fist James)
>horrible dialogue that’s unoriginal or just bad ("fuck you, albert" “I was raped by Cooper” “Holy shit dougie your cock is 13 inches long” “Wilson so help me God if you fuck up one more time I will skull your entire family to death and ship your ass out Guantanamo Bay to get gangraped for the rest of your miserable life”,etc. )
> flat, one-dimensional characters (Major Briggs, Phillip Jeffries)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose (Homeless men raping people in the 1950’s, security guards running off to masterbate in New York alleyway’s, etc.)
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks yucky)
>roadhouse scenes (Not enough Eddie Vedder, everyone didn’t ask when Eddie Vedder isn’t on screen ‘Where is Eddie Vedder and what is he doing’)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking, very short descriptions of rape scenes with no use of floating heads or dog bones)
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly complex or "deep" (Cooper clearly never got his mind back as Eddie Vedder beautifully sang)
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (James beautiful storylines, Harry being pushed to the limit trying to stop the love of his life from killing his best friend, Windom Earle and his genius plans and very subtly villainous acting)
>extended pitch black scenes because of a lack of a competent cinematographer
>audio issues with microphone static left unaddressed because of poor sound design
>extremely poor editing with magically disappearing extras and production staff accidentally walking into frame
>somehow the best thing in tv history

Because we prefer the original, not the cover.

youtube.com/watch?v=_zXKtfKnfT8

so how did they film 2017 coop with 1992 laura?

was he talking to him unused footage that wasn't in the missing pieces or what?

>tfw you realize episode 18 doesn't mean anything because Lynch made it so even he wouldn't know what was happening

>no set design
What the HECK do you even mean by this?

This is Sheryl Lee, a very talented and lovely actress who worked very hard to ensure you all enjoyed the season finale.

Say something nice to her!

LISSIEEEEEEEEE

Thank you!

>Carl didn't get any kind of ending for his character
IT'S NOT FAIR, EVEN IF THERE IS A SEASON 4 HDS WILL PROBABLY BE DEAD BEFORE IT FILMS

Fireman = good Giant?

"M*A*S*H" is good

Sheryl Lee is a considerably amazing, remarkably genuine, extremely gorgeous, unbelievably lovable, highly intelligent, tremendously talented, unquestionably amazingly sweet, outstandingly caring, exceptionally kind, adorably cute, legitimately worship-worthy, particularly huggable, decidedly amiable, factually fantastic, comfortably well-mannered, undeniably compassionate, naturally real, understandably soul-strengthening, specially heart-warming and extraordinarily wonderful lady with the most stunningly beautiful smile and the softest, silkiest voice that has meditative and calming qualities not found anywhere else in this solar system who is unfairly inflicted with the blood disease of Neutropenia, which causes a lowered concentration of white blood cells in the blood, and she is not deserving of suffering from such illness!

Are you deaf? You hear the animal noises in Sarah's house just before she disappears and screams.

seems like it was just sheryl lee wearing a wig, filmed in the dark, with some cgi to de-age her

wow your new

Make-up, digital de-aging, lighting.

I'm sorry I ever doubted you Cuteposters!
The finale was amazing and Sheryl's performance was top tier.

Reminder that Dougie never woke up from the coma and the last 2 parts are his dream.

WIFE?

Would be funny if Laura Palmer was screaming again because she saw another Coop in the bushes.

strawpoll.me/13860989
>strawpoll.me/13860989

Look at the people in this thread, wanking over wildly different interpretations. You are nothing but rabid fanatics, trying to preserve the illusion that this is some work of genius. The irony is that, the more you try and dissect it, the more you expose it to be a worthless piece of art which entirely failed to transmit any proper, meaningful feeling to its audience.

This episode makes me hope Lynch's hypothetical last film is with her as the lead, it doesn't even need to be Twin Peaks related

There was so much hope after episode 16, one of the best episodes in this show, that Lynch could perform another masterpiece final like he did for season 2.

And he fucked it all up. First with the shitty part 17 and then even more dreadful part 18. Eat cement and die you talentlass hack, Lynch.

>Dougie was the dreamer all along

god fucking damn it i wanted 'belushi' not 'bellhop'

Do you guys believe in a season 4?

Which story is that, Charlie?

its alright sweetie

Is this the house from Inland Empire?

you got pleb filtered desu

I don't get it. Judging from the threads it seems very mixed with at least 50% not liking this new show.

Yet the polls seem to be mostly one-sided to loving it.

>next Sunday
>intro of whatever's airing instead of twin peaks
>paper ripping effect on the whole screen
>twin peaks intro music starts

post yfw

>shitty part 17
>being THIS mad
kek

The problem here is that Cooper doesn't even know a fraction of any of that.

When he gets his mind back he springs into action because stopping Mr C and BOB is an immediate and clear goal.

But after that the entire "save Laura" by hopping through realities is very weird since he simply does not have enough information to go on.

I mean he attempts to use the lodge in an expert level but is going off tard-level instructions by the Fireman.

He essentially doesn't know shit from shynola.

>Cooper: Phillip?
>Phillip: Please, be specific
>Cooper: The date, February 23rd, 1989
>Phillip: I'll find it for ya
>Phillip: It's slippery in here
>Phillip: It's good to see you again, Cooper
>Phillip: Say hello to Gordon if you see him
>Phillip: He'll remember the unofficial version
>Phillip: This is where you find Judy
>Phillip: There may be someone
>Phillip: Did you ask me this?

>Phillip: Cooper remember...
>MIKE: ELECTRICITY

vocal minority fampai

wtf i hate twin peaks now

This is why I had to ask.

I think most people nitpick because they love it overall. I get that.

What are your general thoughts on this series of Twin Peaks and its finale?

strawpoll.me/13861025
strawpoll.me/13861025
strawpoll.me/13861025

Whenever people don't like an episode of a show on Sup Forums they shitpost and spam really loudly about it so it looks like everyone hates it. Then people do polls and only like 10 people hated it. Happens every time.

Is Coolio Judy?

Is Part 18 the bleakest ending of any Lynch work? The only thing I think that compares is Mulholland Drive's.

Episode 17 was great, but 18 was irredeemable trash

If you watch the owl cave symbol break apart in the final Jeffries scene, it breaks into a seven, zero, and then an eight. The house number of the Palmer residence. This is right after Jeffries tells Cooper where Judy is.

Also, note what happened before Mr. C warped to the sheriff's station. When we saw the Fireman and his pals, the screen they were watching showed the Palmer house. But the Fireman waved his arm and the screen moved over to show the sheriff's station instead. Then Mr. C was dumped out there.

My interpretation is that the coordinates were "supposed" to warp Mr. C to the Palmer house — because that's where Judy is — but the Fireman hijacked things somehow, and sent Mr. C to the sheriff's station instead, where he'd walk into a trap.

So the year Cooper and Laura at the ep.18 are is 1989? That has been completly fucked with since Sarah Palmer is not in her own house?

That's not the problem. That's why Ep18 played out the way it did.

We had a sticky, so it's not just people who watched the show and didn't like it spamming, but you also get the general crowd who like to shit on popular things.

Plebs who didn't like it are literally seething and spamming while they cry.

Find who?

Why is this image shown in complete shadow and lack of color now

What did Laura say, why is it relevant now when normalCoop took rescuedLaura to Sarah Palmer's former house

ANIMAL LIFE you moron

the fireman saying listen to the sound was a warning, along with "richard and linda" to the tricks that Judy was going to use

i was really impressed by this to be honest. i knew it wasn't possible, but for a sec i thought that was some unused fwwm footage

what's the top right quartet from?

What year is this? What year is this? What year is this? Hahahahahaaha What year is this? What year is this? Hahaahhahahaha What year is this? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah

>Bioshock Infinite

That's the most pleb ending in the history of "deep" endings.

Oh ok, so the people who watched it and didn't like it aren't allowed to comment? I'm sorry, I thought this was a discussion thread, not a fucking circlejerk

>episode 17 with its goofy fan-servicey wrap-up of the DoppleCoop plot is at a 9.7 on IMDB, the highest rated episode
>episode 18 with it's amazing ending subverting Cooper being this perfect agent solving everything is at a 9.3

Fucking normies, I swear

Oh yah totally forgot we have no fucking clue what that's about either... fucking lynch.

>modern cars and weapons
>1989
user, are you stupid?

It doesn't make sense for it to be 1989. They made no attempts to stage it as in that period.
>That has been completly fucked with since Sarah Palmer is not in her own house?
Chalfont / Tremond was "in" the house. Literally, watch season 2.

I think the finale was both good and disappointing.

Guys wtf happened to Audrey?

are you the dude who keeps talking about a Christmas Carol?

Is this house actually in Odessa?

Yeah I know what you mean. I don't know how I feel about it. But I don't hate it so I guess it's good for a finale.

>friend hasn't seen s3 yet
>says "well as long as it solves the cliffhanger it's alright"

Should I tell him?

Orpheus, highly recommend. Part of a surreal trilogy which at least in part informed some aspects of Twin Peaks.

Bottom line, this is a vision of David Lynch and Mark Frost, if you don't like it, watch something else. Whether or not you gave 18 hours of your life to go on a journey to see if everything is going to either make sense or work out in the end is on your heads and not David Lynch or Mark Frost. If you are a die hard fan who will hope a future movie, book or series will answer all the open ended questions, or you are a fan that has lost sleep or is no longer a fan, that's on you. All in all, you did not watch a series made for you but a series (story) made by two Artist who wanted to tell their story....period. However, we live in a post "Breaking Bad" world that requires TV shows and films to have a structured story that ties everything together in the end with a proper resolution. The exact opposite of what the fans witnessed at the end of Twin Peaks. Bottom line, if you want a narrative that has your proper beginning, middle and end with a climax, resolution and and overall message to the stories theme and plot, you can find this in most of the movies and shows that Hollywood produces. Lynch's fans pride themselves on enjoying an avant-garde mix of visuals and sounds that are not only entertaining but somewhat spiritual on the way they are showcased. To many, this has not been the case after the series finale. Most will question why Lynch introduced so many characters that were pointless to the overall story, why he left the audience with so many unanswered questions and why we the audience was witnessed to a circus of long winded scenes that either gave you a head ache or prolonged scenes to the point that you kept questioning Lynch's motive?

Sail Cooper lol

That was the exact point I knew there would be no definitive end to it all.

>Gotta light hobo is actually Cooper after a thousand time jumps

Very very well done effects considering the effects from the rest of the return. It felt so surreal.

lynch brand goofy fanservice is great tho dont disparage

So did they skip to a different universe here?

Like you said, 17 was a fan-service easy resolution that's hard to dislike, whereas 18 was much more challenging to the viewer. I'd be willing to bet that 18 has higher average reviews but more people rage-voting 1/10

Lmao, yeah, that's me

>Are you out there
>To take away my fear?
>I haven't lost my hope
>Even though I am so far from my home
>I've been living my life on the edge
>Slip and fall if I take one more step
>There's safety in numbers, I guess
>But I'm going rogue in the wild, wild west
>Wild, wild west

PIC WAS EVIL LAURA THE WHOLE TIME. LISSIEFAGS WIN.

Like George Lucas making a mistake with Episode 1-3, Lynch had no real collaboration with others but had full creative control with his vision. With that said, this is the final result. In a nutshell, I use the Monica Bellucci scene to rap up Season 3 as a whole. Lynch filmed a single scene in France and wrote a scene specifically for Monica Bellucci (who played herself) for the soul purpose of going to France and getting to work with Monica Bellucci. This is a perfect example of the Ego corrupting all. Lynch did not have to waste time and resources to fly a crew out to France or the cast a specific Actress in order to make the scene work. Lynch could have saved money and time by casting another actress and filmed this small scene on location to save time and energy. This is what 99% of most Directors would have been told to do and would have complied. However, Lynch's vision required this. As a fan of Twin Peaks, you need to answer the question on your own whether you decide to take it or leave it.

his hairstyle looks like he were Gordon Cole