mediafire.com/file/0qf5e4w8af48mw5/shit trips Vol 2 Fin Ver.pdf
mega.nz/#!p08njCCI!40J2weokq3G1yx53PlkPTeAIbgwTh32fTT4LBwnmPLk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder it's here

mediafire.com/file/0qf5e4w8af48mw5/shit trips Vol 2 Fin Ver.pdf

mega.nz/#!p08njCCI!40J2weokq3G1yx53PlkPTeAIbgwTh32fTT4LBwnmPLk

hat

>not Shit Trips 2 edition

If you want to. I think we can assume the Doctor figured it out...eventually.

Thanks.

Any more thoughts on Shit Trips 2 entries?

what if doctor who was a gopher

Okay, I've put this together as a draft schedule for the book club starting this Wednesday. What do people think? I'm open to shifting stuff forwards and backwards a slot, but generally want to go in book order.

A combination of the 9th and 12th Doctors

>Any more thoughts on Shit Trips 2 entries?
I'm just stoked you managed to get Briggs to consult on lymerence's story.

>’It must be all those wee space particles, Jamie replies.

Surely that came from him right?

Looks good?

Catchphrase Crisis and the Tenth Hour's first page are awfully alike

they were written by different anons about the same doctor, what's the issue. 10 has those particular catchphrases

Obviously.

You just reminded me about the "WE LOVE STORIES" story I meant to write, about an alien that preyed on piraters of Big Finish. Guess that'll be for ST Vol 3.

Really? Huh.

Wasn't criticising, just found it vaguely amusing

fuck whyd i get all snide about it, im sorry user, just tired. my bad familia

No biggie user, it did sound like I was accusing someone of plagiarising a shit trip

>a make up artist had to cover Per'is cleavage with bird makeup by hands
Luckiest person who ever worked on Doctor Who ?
Just imagine having hours to cover Bryant's breasts with feathers, leaving nothing uncovered...

That would be odd.

for streamfags

And now an excerpt from Piss Heather by Simon Cyberman. Ahem

>"I nearly came early but she used her puddle powers to keep the cum inside me, furthering my organism."

Thank you.

kek, wtf

Masterpiece. Well done /who/!

two kino posts in a row

IIRC part of that whole miniseries (unless I'm mixing it up with another one?) is that the Doctors see various points at which each of them could have gone down a dark path. 11's involves staying in the TWORS bubble reality, I think 12's might have been kicking out Clara in S8? I don't entirely remember.

Sounds GOAT, what's it called?

The Four Doctors by Paul Cornell. We storytimed that right before S9, it was pretty poor.

Yeah. 12's is "When I told her to 'go to hell', she actually did!"

'The Four Doctors.' It's not quite as GOAT as it sounds.

Cornell is kino though, what went wrong?

Oh yeah, and then as a result 12 turns into an evil bearded Gandalf version of himself that looks absolutely GOAT.

SCP user here, real quick, I just want to say that I cannot describe my absolute joy and surprise when bumping into 6062 and Five Items, holy shit.

I just want to thank Immigrant, catharticspurious and whoever was responsible for Five Items for taking my simple little sad story badly written in one afternoon and taking it to a whole new level.
Special props to cathartic for writing an actual SCP entry, with terminology and formatting and everything, something that I tried to do in Solitude but gave up halfway through and took the lazy route.
Seriously, I'm giddy right now. Thank you all.

Also, was the cypher in Five Items an already existing one? Because I translated it all by hand :p

I'm thinking of listening to the big finish dalek audios, I've basically seen every classic/modern dalek episode but I want more, are any of the dalek audios good? I'm willing to pay for even the full price ones if it means a good dalek story

SHIT TRIPS 2 EARLY REVIEW-

For those of you who like Hell Bent, it's 10/10. Tbh its really comfy. And dumb. And comfy.

For those of you who don't like Hell Bent, you should get some taste.

I honestly can't remember a lot about the story, except that it had Voords in it.
I remember the art getting steadily worse and worse as the comic progressed.

Lel what is the relevance of Hell Bent?

You mean the Dalek Empire audios? Or just audios with Daleks in general? Cause i m o the best Dalek story of all Doctor Who is an audio

Bottle_Universe wrote the last entry. And thanks for your gratitude.It couldn't happen without your good start.

Any other stories you liked?

Its a /who/ meme, senpai.

I'm 2 pages into this 1 & Slitheen story and already loving it

I've heard about the Dalek Empire audios, are they good? I'll buy em all if they're worth it
Also are there any other Dalek audios that are worth getting?

The Short Trips: Dalek Empire anthology, which had stories somewhat based on the Dalek audios, actually made the Daleks scary again.

I don't mean this as an attack but as a genuine question, but how can an audio make the Daleks scary again?
No offence to the realm of audio media, but for me the best scary Dalek scenes have been the visuals

>Also are there any other Dalek audios that are worth getting?
Jubilee!!!

Haven't heard Empire myself, but heard good things

Jubilee is what was adapted to become 'Dalek', right?
Which is better?

The Parting of the Crisps might go over a few people's heads but that's why I love it. Well done neo, the ending nearly killed me.

Jubilee, 0 question. Dalek is a good monster story. Jubilee is a masterpiece, one of the best Who stories there is.

I think the Daleks are always scarier as an idea, like a mobile manifestation of death, than they are physically. The TV show has gotten lucky a few times and managed to make them visually imposing despite their silliness, but I think you can make them just as much of a threat in a book or an audio if you write them the right way.

fantastic, i'll check it out, thanks
any other good Dalek audios?
and just out of interest, do any Dalek episodes actually come across as scary to anyone? I remember as a kid being terrified by Dalek when it first aired (the scene with the people being slaughtered in the rain) and also the scene in Resurrection with the gas, still gets me even to this day.
But are any Dalek episodes 'scary'?

Jubilee is easily better, it's not really a fair competition when it has a much broader canvas of 2 hours and is able to work with more themes plus a unique setting. (Also Evelyn is a better character than Rose but that goes without saying.)

Doctor Who is dead.

You make a very good point.
My dream is a Doctor-less Dalek Empire style mini series that demonstrates on-screen the 'power of the daleks' that has never been truly shown on-screen aside from I guess the short scene of the Fall of Arcadia in the 50th

Parting of the Ways, for the sheer brutality of it I suppose. For kids especially, I know my kids refuse to watch it past the part where the woman dies in the corridor.

They're both brilliant on their own merits, I honestly wouldn't know which one to pick. Jubilee is perfect for audio, Dalek is perfect for TV.

Despite it being a fakeout, the bit in Magician's Apprentice where they're all just sitting silently waiting for Clara to run was probably the most intense Dalek scene in a long while.

Very glad you enjoyed it! I've watched/read those interviews enough the details had drilled deep into my mind.

>any other good Dalek audios?
There are a lot that are kinda arc-heavy, I might get back to you later today after looking through my audios

I agree, I liked the fact that Magician's Apprentice showed a more animalistic and brutal side to the Daleks. Despite being lectured by Missy on how it would be a tactical advantage to keep her alive, they disregard all that and fire on her anyway. Davros' description of whats going on makes it too.

I'm not sure if I read it somewhere, or it was said in an episode. But somewhere, I recall that it's been said that a Dalek's weapons in engineered to, in the final moments, cause the maximum amount of pain to the enemy, right before death. For no other reason, than pure spite.

That is the difference between Cybermen and the Daleks. The Cybermen are the threat of unrelenting effeciency without true empathy or consent. The Daleks are the threat of unrelenting hate.

I remember that. You are referring to the Tenth Doctor novel 'Prisoner of the Daleks', in which the Daleks exterminate the potential 'companion' in the first act of the book, and the Doctor laments that she took longer than normal to die at the hands of the Dalek due to that alteration to their weapons.

I bet you guys fucking LOVE fucking Hell Bent

neo unashadmely loves it, he writes essays on it all the time

bottleuniverse here. The cipher was original, so hopefully it translated okay. It was a lot of fun to work out how to do it. Glad you enjoyed!

I want to die, /who/

Don't die.

Stay living, please. We need you for ST Vol 3.

Are there any good memey Shit Trips?

Seconded, chumbleys vs abzorbaloff is GOAT

loads. chumbleys vs abrosovaolf, parting of the crisps, 13 trips, list goes on and on

No death allowed

>abrosovaolf

Guest of honor was good, also /who/niverse: never trust randomness for the twisted spectacle of it

Into the Dalek came close but realistically the only way the Daleks are ever gonna be scary again is if an episode set in the future ends with the Daleks arriving at whatever planet/colony/space station the story is taking place on and just destroys everything while the Doctor runs away. Scenes of people being gunned down by the Daleks never happen, despite that being their forte

>that "Who is Doctor Who?" reference in "The War of the Doctor"
GOAT

For ST3 someone better write a story featuring the doctor battling the fearsome abrosovaolf

>Scenes of people being gunned down by the Daleks never happen, despite that being their forte
You just hear the Daleks screaming Exterminate and people screaming in pain.

Heh, I first read that when I was a kid in 2005 so it's always stuck big in my mind, I can't imagine the regen without it!

Adam Orford X Jenna Coleman is best couple

The Daleks have been handled badly. They need to be left out of Nuwho for a while and then come back in a big way, a shock reveal that turns the end of an episode on its head. Imagine a story where the Doctor saves a random planet from a random monster and everything turns out ok, only for the shadow of a Dalek saucer to appear and within minutes the planet is lost. That is what Terry Nation first envisaged with his Dalek War, but the budget did not allow for it so we ended up with Planet of the Daleks. We need the Daleks to demonstrate their menace, both to the universe within Doctor Who but also to the audience in general. We need a scene that we can show to non-Who fans and say 'Look at this. This is what the Daleks are and this is what they do.' that makes them seem scary, threatening and tragic at the same time. So far, the episode 'Dalek' is the closest nuwho has come to this, with Parting of the Ways and perhaps Into the Dalek in second. give me any other examples of the Daleks doing what they do best in Nuwho.

Dalek

Just had an idea for a story for shit trips 3, but i think it would be too long for a short story compilation:

the was master has gathered all the doctor's enemies that arent allied with the daleks to form a coalition to win the time war.

Suddenly time lords are shot up by dalek weaponry.chaos ensues and everyone gets paranoid and carves up the planet into home bases. In paranoia everyone is at an unofficial
Armistice. All except one lone group of 30 humans who was invited to represent the 3rd great human empire.

As the group aims to get back home through the hordes of foes, the mysterious eighth doctor aims to guide them home through the zones and armies to a space port. But when the humans are blamed, every army seems poised to hunt them down as they pass. Worse still when the doctor leaves promising to return, and an old man in an old leather coat shows up claiming to be the one to fulfill the promise.

Itd be like anabasis meets doctor who, but i think itd be really really long

You could get away with it if you divided it into shorter episodes, there's a very long one in ST2 that does this.

if you compress it down to just key scenes u could fit it in, catharcticsuprious and neocloister have some pretty complicated fics they made work like that

BBC has to have them show up once a season though or they lose the rights

For those who listened to Doom Coalition, how would you describe Helen? Like, what's her character?

Sounds like you should start writing, user. Shit Trips 3 is at least a year away, so you have time. It's a great idea.

>For those who listened to Doom Coalition, how would you describe Helen? Like, what's her character?
Bland, nondescript, dull.

Never been an iota of evidence for this and the showrunners deny it, though it's possible.

Speaking of which, should we do a 2.5 after the christmas special? Its not like we're going to have who during the summer to inspire us

maybe reassess when we get there. if we do them too often they wont feel special.
maybe we could do a purely spinoffs edition

If /who/ wants it. Maybe 10 to 15 stories? I probably won't have the time for a whole set.

A spinoff and alternate Doctor only Edition might be nice.

for now, lets just enjoy ST2 instead of planning for ST3 anyway :)

Yes!

Comments and critiques, of course.

The proof, as they say, is in the pudding. The Daleks have shown up once a season in NuWho as far as I'm aware, even if in a brief cameo appearance. Why else would the Beeb keep trotting them out when they've shelved the Cibbermen for long periods before

Yeah, but would you a Bird Peri?

Because they're good trailer bait.

That's conspiracy type thinking. The showrunners have flat out denied it, and the Daleks are hugely popular enemies they have a tonne of easy props for, and a reliable actor for.

The version of this urban legend I find myself believing is that they have to show up on TV once a year, rather than strictly per season.

It seems too much of a coincidence that even in a year when the show was literally off the air, the sodding Daleks still aired in new televised material.

Someone reply to this with a classic episode title. Dubs and I'll photoshop the DVD cover to fuck it up.

wait where were they in 2016

The Mind Robber

Showrunner's denying it means nothing if the BBC told them to do so.

That was easy.

Doctor Who and the Silurians

Well, that was quick.

Friend From The Future aka Bill's introductory clip that aired during the football.

Vengeance on Varos

The BBC literally cannot lie, they'd be in massive strife if they did