Does a creator's personal politics have any influence on how much you enjoy their work?

Does a creator's personal politics have any influence on how much you enjoy their work?

Pic related. I love Doug Tennapel but folks disown him for being super Christian and homophobic.

Only if it bleeds into their work.

A black list thread? Nice.
OK, Tennapel and OP are already in my list.

So, always? Because it's impossible for a creator not to be autobiographical.

Highly depends. As long as it doesn't reflect what sort of stuff they delve into, it's good to go.Though I have to say, it gets really complicated since everyone goes all conspiracy theorist when they get the smallest whiff of shit.

>So, always?

It does not you prick. If it did Earthworm Jim would suck.

I don't get all the hate on TenNapel. I've never met him or anything, but from all the footage and interviews I've seen he seems like a pretty agreeable guy.

Neverhood was heavily Christian

Do like Spencer so I guess I don't care about his politics.
Might be that I always try to not read the names of the creator-team before I start reading

I'm bisexual and honestly, he's totally cool to have that opinion, in fact, I respect him and his opinions.

Gear is his Magnum Opus

Chuck Dixon is the same (though the fact that after the 90s he stopped making enjoyable comics doesn't help him)

But EJ sucks.

Go back to your twitter, Spencer.

His GI Joe was good.

Same thing can be asked to any other art form.
No, I try to separate the person from their work.

I like Greg Rucka's works

When I hit 40 I think I might grow a beard.
It depends on how fucked my face looks and even then I'm iffy.

If you like Rucka's works, you like his line of thought too. Because a creation is the creator expressing him/herself.

>Does a creator's personal politics have any influence on how much you enjoy their work?
Depends on how much he forces his opinions onto his work. Comic book writers usually use characters as mouth pieces so if I don't like the creator I most likely don't like his work either.

Depends on the creator and their view.

I can ignore Frank Herbert allegedly being homophobic when I read Dune. It was the style of the time, after all and he had many other progressive views.

Bill Wilingham is wilfully ignorant on a regular basis and once I found this out I couldn't not see it in his work. His work and popularity have gone down hill since then so I'm probably not the only person who felt this way.

>super Christian and homophobic.

Baller. What has he written? He sound like my kind of guy. Don't use the word "homophobic" by the way, because it's SUPER problematic.

>Because a creation is the creator expressing him/herself.
>implying there aren't different aspects to a person
>implying that by expressing yourself you are expressing your ENTIRE self

>implying there aren't different aspects to a person
Nope. Only hypocrisy, user.
>implying that by expressing yourself you are expressing your ENTIRE self
Yes. Little by little, but you do.

Roman Polanski got a 13 year old drunk then fucked her in the ass and I still think he's one of the greatest director ever so the politics of creators have little impact on me

>one of the greatest director
Well, you just sound like a pleb.

Pedophilia isn't "politics".

>makes Repulsion
>commits rape
Oh the hypocrisy.

>Does a creator's personal politics have any influence on how much you enjoy their work?

Yes, I don't give money to people/businesses I believe will then use that money to fund hate. So no TenNapel or Chik-Fil-A

Or Marvel.

This, and if the creator is a huge fucking asshole.

I don't care about a creator's personal views very much. Orson Scott Card has some bizarro mormon views or whatever but (as far as I've seen) he's not a huge fucking asshole or anything.

?

Am I in for something patently ridiculous?

>(as far as I've seen) he's not a huge fucking asshole or anything
Look again.

The Marvel CEO gave a million bucks to Trump.

>Marvel CEO gave a million bucks to Trump.

Hm. Well, way ahead of you, I haven't purchased a Marvel comic in the entirety of my life.

>Tfw gay but i still go to chick fil a when I can
I'm an awful gay person but those fries and that chicken. it's so fucking delicious.

autism

>I'm an awful gay person
You got that right. You should be trying to cure yourself.

What's Chick Fil A? I thought that was something about Jack Chick.

> people still spreading this doug tenaple homophobia horseshit

shouldnt be surprised considering its Sup Forums
the man doesnt hate gays
nor fear them
he just doesnt want them to get married because he's a christian

you people are retards

He's always been a christian nut, but the hate mostly came from him being against gay marriage and some remark he made about it during a heated debate that then got screenshot'd and passed around for others to start causing as much damage as they could against the Armikrog fundraiser.

>no caps or punctuation
This is what reading teabagger crap will do to your brain.

This word officially has no meaning here

It's an American fast food chain. Was subject of controversy due to funding anti-gay groups and its management speaking out against gay marriage.

don't feel bad about Chick-fil-A, almost all of them are franchises, and don't openly discriminate (unlike their customers)

the only thing you should dislike about CFA is that they mainly hire younger teenagers because they don't complain as much about shit pay, bad hours, and lack of benefits.

Its a chicken place, sandwiches and nuggetd they also sell really good walfle fries.

I have no problem with his beliefs on homosexuals, but I think Religious people belong in a loony bin.

>the only thing you should dislike about CFA is that they mainly hire younger teenagers because they don't complain as much about shit pay, bad hours, and lack of benefits.
Yes, you should hate a business for following good ol' capitalism.

He was fine until he started shoehorning his retarded bullshit into his work.

No matter what his views are, he's definitely a nice guy. People labelling him homophobic are mostly ignoring how many gay friends and coworkers he has, his opposition to gay marriage mostly comes from the whole religious part of it and has never carried over into how he treats people.

*Tip*

...yes?