/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General:

Carrie Page is Best Girl Edition

pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Meanwhile:

Other urls found in this thread:

jdnews.com/news/20170904/twin-peaks-sustains-fire-damage
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

friendly reminder that doppelcoop did nothing wrong and Cooper was the real fuck-up the entire time

I want to be comfy with dougie

From the moment BOB gets defeated and Coop's face starts to get superimposed over the footage to me it signaled that the S3 reality of the show is a fabrication, a dream. Coop knows that so he without pause exits the scene and enters the lodge again where MIKE welcomes him with the magician's chant, which conveys to us and Coop that he is now a lodge spirit and can use the full range of abilities the lodge has to offer.

He goes to talk to Phillip and moves to a different part of the "dream". I think the dream reality is flexible and in flux and can be changed and rippled and so on. He does that but fails to snap Laura out of it. He basically needs for her to exit the dream as well since that solves his particular main task.
He fails at that since another major player (the Experiment) intervenes.

Then he goes back to the lodge to try again. We see him opening curtains with a commanding twirling motion of his hand, suggesting he already knows how to use the lodge magic.

But at this point things are a bit weird.
Why that whole thing with Diane? Why take her along with him? Why the whole weird motel sex segment? It kind of suggests some sex magic ritual since they're so cold and methodical about it, but even afterwards Coop doesn't seem to concerned about where Diane went, like she means nothing to him.
Coop from then on acts like he knows it's all a dream reality and doesn't particularly care about finesse and wants just to get the job done the most efficient way possible.
The end, again, suggests the Experiment trumps his powers and can alter reality faster than Coop can react and anticipate for it.

I'm so sad it's all over :(

Look at the people in this thread, wanking over wildly different interpretations. You are nothing but rabid fanatics, trying to preserve the illusion that this is some work of genius. The irony is that, the more you try and dissect it, the more you expose it to be a worthless piece of art which entirely failed to transmit any proper, meaningful feeling to its audience.

>...is it about the bunny?

LYYYYYYYYYYNNNNNNNNCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHH

>Showtime says the show is about Cooper's odyssey back to Twin Peaks
>Odessa

So it was about the goddamn bunny all along.

What did this superimposition mean

>deus ex stuff like one punch lad

You don't know what that means.

why did Chad take so long to get the key out of his boot?

also he was the most realistic character in the history of Twin Peaks

>twin peaks came back and ended after 27 years
>still no 4.0

nge what a joke of a series and a franchise LMAO

Twin Peaks JRPG where you play as Freddie who goes on an epic quest to fulfill his destiny when?

showtime got lynched

>"You can't save Laura from BOB" is all a meta reflection for "You can't save Sheryl Lee from Lynch"

I hate David Lynch so fucking much.

you think that was Laura Dern's real tit? perky for a 50 year old

any other films/tv shows that feature nudity of old people?

He was dreaming. He was in deep thought. We live inside a dream.

The gas prices, gentlemen. The gas prices.

They are in 2017.

Another case closed.

Regret

Who the hell was Red?

Who was the guy in the cell who kept repeating everybody's words?

would explain why Jeffries has been in hiding and other take hosts while coop is is still trying to seemingly save everyone himself.

Was it all Laura's dream or not

>epic quest
>moves to some nothing happening town and works security

Despite everything I really liked both scenes of the woodsmen reviving dopple coop. The entire thing was surreal and it was entertaining watching normal people's reactions to freaky black lodge super natural hijinx

My character is going to be important, right David?

anyone have a raw of coop's face? i need this filter

What was the POINT OF THAT ENTIRE FRENCH SCENE

Hey OP you gucking retard. Next time make the new thread links more obvious instead of practically hiding it.

Yeah what the fuck was with the coin he flipped?

Post yfw when

>can't take out my key while drunk is awake
>will do it when one punch lad and james are at peak attention thanks to naido

did anyone else even react to the drunk other than chad?

Reminder that anti-hawk pasta is the most accurate review of Twin Peaks: The Return to date.

I didn't understand that line. What was her understanding of cellular phones got to do with shooting doppelCoop?

How so? He acted like an edgy man child in relation to his bosses son killing himself. He was also a crooked cop, a traitor to his home and his country.

BASED LYNCH

Lynch is a
H A C K
A
C
K

Anyone dress up for a finale party?

>Kyle McL saying it would all make sense

What did she say?

Red was a drug dealer. Drunk was Billy.

Cow tools

honestly her final scene was pretty transcendent

that two people can be at two different places at the same time

He was Billy, who had slipped in from the dream world somehow.

>交待 or Jiāodài in chinese means to explain. The ultimate negative force in the universe is the process of throwing back the veil to shed light on something which must remain ineffable.

Lynch would agree with you that dissecting his work is unreasonable, but in no way does it make it worthless, or suggests that it failed to communicate genuine feeling. If you weren't touched by the las vegas arc, you are a terrible human being. Unlike all the complicated theories, Dougie needs no explanation whatsoever.

wtf why are your colors muted in the pic, fix your player

good cooper called her through his cellphone, and she realized he couldn't be there and on the road at the same time

one of them is an impostor, duh

jdnews.com/news/20170904/twin-peaks-sustains-fire-damage

Twin Peaks Restaurant located at 302 Western Blvd. sustained fire, smoke and water damage when a fire ignited around 7 p.m. Sunday evening. All patrons and staff evacuated the building without any injury.

Twin Peaks Manager Mike Brannen was called shortly before 7 p.m. by his manager on-duty that a fire had started had inside the restaurant.

>Fire walks with Twin Peaks restaurant shortly before series finale airs

white people............. s m h

kale crackin a smile there

What was the significance of Billy again? Other than that people were looking for him? And what did this reveal add to the overall narrative?

post yfw

>Lynch drove Sherilyn Fenn, MJA and now Julee Cruise insane
>Naomi is still traumatized by being forced to masturbate on camera
>Raped his daughter and murdered Jack Nance
Why is he so evil?

wtf I hate twin peaks now

>u r faget

Anybody hear anything about the Blu Ray release yet? I want to watch it again already but I don't know if I should do so right away or wait
>post yfw there's a "Missing Pieces" level collection of outtakes

wtf mine are too i didnt recall it being that muted my eyes and memorry are betond shit

No one ever doubted that though. It's an alt-reality/dream.

It came up earlier in the season and in FWWM (or maybe just TMP) with a radio. She didn't understand the idea that someone she was talking to could just show up. She understood on the phone that that was the real Cooper and he was on his way, not in the other room.

He erased his own reality, now his memories are pure fantasy as they never "happened", so he gets depressed as fuck

looks like leaping lad stopped leaping.

suggestibility.org

broasting my thoughts in this thread

I think that if it was more clear as to what actually happened people would have less of a problem. The s2 ending made perfect sense, it wasn't a resolution but it was clear and easy to understand.

The finale gives clues about what kind of things are going on at the end but thats it. That's why all the explanations are on a similar track but very different. There's obviously some kind of alternate dimension/ dream world thing going on but it doesn't seem clear exactly what.

People will just shout LYNCH IS A FUCKING HACK and claim that "it's intentionally left open to interpretation" is defense of his inability to tell a coherent story but I honestly think that he could have easily made it more straightforward as to where characters were and what was happening but didn't. Dreams are vague after all.

We're living inside a dream.

shes the one who forwarded the call to sheriff truman so she knew the real coop wasnt the one that just came in

i honestly loved that the characters didnt go through any 'WHICH IS REAL DALE?' nonsense, it's clear as day to everyone which is truCoop

Not to mention he runs a literal cult.

the emperor does what he pleases

L Y N C H E D
Y
N
C
H
E
D

We're never going to find out. Lynch was pissed when CBS made him reveal Laura's killer and what she whispered in Cooper's ear, there's no way he's ever going to reveal what Laura said here. He's going to die with that knowledge.

why was the ending so sad & cold?

This is the true ending

loved the ending, but holy shit

>3
Because great evil is sabotaging Twin Peaks.

Why are you resposting this from the last thread when you were already given the answers.

The two people you see driving at night are Richard and Linda. Richard and Linda drive to a hotel. Linda sees a vision of another version of herself standing by the hotel. This is Linda seeing a vision of Diane, not the other way around. Diane and Coop are trying to enter their world. Then Richard and Linda have sex. When Coop wakes up in a different hotel that is actually the real Cooper.

Also, for the people still confused about the year. If you were to stop reading this and go to Odessa, Texas right now and look at the sign this is exactly what it would look like. The next population census is in 2020.

I wish we got more Carrie. She was so likable.

Do you guys want a season 4 or do you want this to be the end?

>You can't believe how deep my throat is

what a crazy bitch. she says she was so disappointed to hear twin peaks was returning - did lynch force her at gunpoint to take his money to perform again on the show?

So is Bobby's daughter dead?

Billy showed that some of what we see among the rest of the show is Audrey's dream (and thus further expanding generally the idea that this is all just living in a dream). Looking at how no one recognizes Billy bleeding out for days, or how the girl at the end of part 15 crawls around the Roadhouse unseen, it seems like most people are unaware of these slips, but they're there.

I know that the order of the day is vedderposters getting btfo but I would have been fine with all Dougie all the time

>true ending

>Diane more relevant in season 3 than Audrey
>Lucy more relevant in season 3 than Audrey
>Random English kid who didn't even get introduced until the last quarter of season 3 is more relevant than Audrey

It did.

me sitting down

There were actually a lot of account references in the last two episodes. I don't know why the hell Lynch and Frost had so many accountants in the show. Maybe it's a tribute to David Foster Wallace and The Pale King.

best I could do

that makes a lot of sense, thanks user.

but why bother showing us Richard and Linda? what relevance is their story? literally just to confuse us?

>He's going to die without having to come up with any answer.
FTFY

I was talking about the ending and the major arc which runs throughout the whole series. I was not talking about the minor arc of Dougie, which I liked to an extent