Do people seriously think the CN of now is better than the CN of the 90s-early 00s? Be honest with yourself

Do people seriously think the CN of now is better than the CN of the 90s-early 00s? Be honest with yourself

I really don't. I'd go so far as to say it's complete shit if it wasn't for Gumball

In 10 years time the kids who are now growing up with it will be asking the exact same question, except about what comes after them.

Just like how the kids who grew up in the 80's with GI Joe, Thundercats and He-Man look down on 90's fare.

>Just like how the kids who grew up in the 80's with GI Joe, Thundercats and He-Man look down on 90's fare.
But do they though?

I mean, really, do they?

Also there's a big difference between then and now, something that I bring up whenever somebody does the "In x years from now, the next generation will be saying the same thing about y" and that's that these days there's the internet so the idea of nostalgia and the like isn't the same as it was in the past.

I'd honestly say its worse because Cartoon Network are a lot less hesitant to experiment and take risks with their programming

They need to bring back a new version of Cartoon Cartoons or What a Cartoon to find the next big thing instead of relying on safe bets such as Teen Titans Go and a Ben 10 reboot

Alot of the American 80's cartoons are pretty crappy and were essentially half hour toy commercials

I certainly think that the 2010 generation of CN cartoons is definitely the best out of all.

They are not perfect, but they certainly tried something different on top of trying for the audience to actually care about the characters beyond just them being a source for entertainment.

It's become the fucking TTG network at this point. What do you think?

I like how people easily are able to demonize Nick for becoming the Spongebob network and having little else but somehow still think CN is okay despite being in the same situation

Alot of the American 90's cartoons are pretty crappy and were essentially self-indulgent wankfests about topics no one but the writers cared about.

I'm gonna need examples

I was just turning the statement around to form a criticism that could be applied to most 90s cartoons as best I can. Stuff like the Simpsons and the Steven Spielberg TV cartoons (Animaniacs, Freakazoid) had plots or whole characters dedicated to getting petty revenge on usenet nerds who criticized the show. Stuff like Mighty Mouse, Ren and Stimpy and, again, the Spielberg cartoons were basically catharsis for animators after spending the 80s working on shitty, bland, half-hour toy commercials. Stuff like Daria and Duckman were pretty much dedicated to social commentary, usually one-sided.

There's probably a better criticism that could be levelled at 90s cartoons though.

>He doesn't think 80's kids look back fondly on He-Man and Transformers.

Of course not mate, otherwise they wouldn't be pop culture icons would they?

Oh wait.

If anything the internet is more guaranteeing that they'll look back upon this era of CN more fondly, given that the internet provides nostalgia fuel at your fingertips.

>0s cartoons as best I can. Stuff like the Simpsons and the Steven Spielberg TV cartoons (Animaniacs, Freakazoid) had plots or whole characters dedicated to getting petty revenge on usenet nerds who criticized the show. Stuff like Mighty Mouse, Ren and Stimpy and, again, the Spielberg cartoons were basically catharsis for animators after spending the 80s working on shitty, bland, half-hour toy commercials. Stuff like Daria and Duckman were pretty much dedicated to social commentary, usually one-sided.
>
>There's probably a better criticism that could be levelled at 90s cartoons though.

Kek
I know the Simpsons took the piss out of Nerds but the writers were huge nerds themselves. The Animaniacs and Freakazoid bits were probably done as no-one likes people shitting on their work and the fact the Internet was new back and people didn't know how to handle anonymous criticism through the internet

The Spielberg cartoons were throwbacks to the Looney tunes era of Cartoons while Ren and Stimpy was mainly gross out humour

Daria took shots at everyone and I have no idea about Duckman

The nineties did give us the classic Simpsons, the start of the DCAU, Gargoyles and the Critic and a lot more

the only thing thats shit is

The Spielberg stuff didn't shit on people talking about their stuff online, they acknowledged it

Sure they took the piss, but it was in a light hearted way. A wink and a nod to their fans

Clarence is one of the best and most original cartoons ever made

poor jeff...
being raise by lesbians will lead to his eventual suicide.

I never said they don't look back fondly on those shows, but I don't think there is this big group of people that dislikes 90s fare especially these days

My point wasn't that they'd complain about specifically the 90's, my point was that they complain about anything that isn't their particular time period.

You'd be an odd person to focus on a decade that took place nearly 20 years ago while ignoring the cartoons of today.

Pretty much every kids show that wasn't action or WB was a boring jokeless waste of time.

Cow and Chicken, Johnny Bravo, Courage,

Absolutely.

Take off the nostalgia goggles, faggot.

Fuck you. This lineup is garbage