At what point did he pass the point of no return?

At what point did he pass the point of no return?

Considering his ego? The moment he started.

when he married a cheating bitch who smokes while pregnant

When he let that janitor go to jail for Walter stealing the school laboratory equipment.

when he started wearing those tightie walter whities

He literally did nothing wrong.

When he threw the pizza on the roof

this quite frankly

when he smoked lucifer's lettuce

when he chose a career of being a high school teacher instead of making millions at gray matter

when he let jesse's gf choke and overdose on heroin so he could have jesse back to make more meth

since his marriage

unironically this
i never understood people blaming dealers for retard's drug problems

Since he had an army of naked oiled up muscle men at his disposal

Did you forget he murders people?

he hasn't passed it yet and once he does he will keep going just to see what happens ;)

when he didn't drop that faggot jessie the first chance he got

Friendly reminder, Breaking Bad should have been a tight 2 season show instead of a 6 season shitfest.

all the people who he killed was in self-defence or he wouldve get killed eventually

She deserved to die though, she fucked up Jessie's life by introducing him to heroin.

Nothing of value was lost when she died.

this.
this is the one thing britcucks get right when it comes to a tv series.
it would have definitely been one of the best shows of all time, instead of fading into meme territory.

when he didnt smack the shit out of walter jr for renaming himself floyd

>she deserves to die for introducing a loser, former meth addict, and current meth manufacturer to heroin

wat?

IIRC, she was threatening to turn him into the police.

The worst thing Walt did was set off a bomb in a nursing home.

>she deserved to die because jessie's a simp pussy with no self control
JJessie is such an awful character at that point in the show. They should have died together.

at what season should I stop watching the show?

You really shouldn't bother at all. There is too much shit and no way to stop early on a satisfying-ish note.

That is unless you like really overhyped mediocrity then just watch it all.

4 is the natural end for the show. 5 is like the parts after the ring's destruction in LOTR.

When he sold his shares at Grey Matter. All this could have been avoided and he would've been a billionaire and never met Jesse.

Mike

>all he had to do was work with Gus
>when he fucked that up and pulled off the train heist he could just sell his third of the chemical and walk home with 5 millions
>killed mike because of his giant ego and because things couldnt go his way
at the start I always thought Jessie was an idiot but they really switched sides towards the end

Like it or not, Walt was a good influence on Jesse.

Jesse went from being a nobody who was addicted to meth and destined to go to jail to a guy who owned his own place and only smoked weed. Jane came along and got him smacked out on heroin and she was acting like all of his hard earned money belonged to her, she was a parasite. The saddest part of their relationship was the fact that he was better than her even though he was a meth producer.

If Walt hadn't kicked the door in he wouldn't have been able to save her anyway. It was in his and Jesse's best interest to let her die.

When he started working for Gus.

Or better yet, when he started working for Tuco.

Once he was known to the local drug lords he would never get his regular life back and they could pop by any moment to demand shit of him and threaten his family.

The right thing to do was to rig up a portable meth lab, produce a finite quantity of meth and unload it through Jesse as fast as possible and move out of town.
Jesse is a liability and would rat him out first chance he got if pressure was applied.

Mike wouldve probably kill him eventually, he was just smart about it

there is literally nothing in the show to suggest that. you are a delusional Walt fanboy

>britcucks
>meme territory
Stop sharing your opinions.

Mike literally said he was going to go and vanish right before Walt shot him

Mike asolutely would have killed Walt after Walt killed Mike's guys. Suppose Mike flees and gets away and Walt has all those jailed guys Mike was paying killed. Mike would have come back and killed Walt. Everything about the show suggests this to be true. Walt impulsively killed mike, but still needed him dead to do what he wanted.

Breaking Bad had such a fucking great pilot

When he shaved his head.
I'm serious.

Thread lightly OP

>that episode where Hal became a meth kingpin

>"I'm in the skyscraper buisness"
What did he mean by this?

When he got Jesse to kill that guy.

The first two times he killed in self defense and the second time he did nothing.

Those were old """"people"""""

4 but you will watch 5 and be upset

It was 5 seasons

*fanboy rationalization intensifies*

marrying Skylar

He.did.nothing.wrong.

grey matter

when he didnt know what hodling is

>le too many endings meme
Pleb/woman detected. Every ending of LotR was important

>it's the writers didn't even have a plan with the whole Grey Matter story line until someone reminded them about it before the last season, episode.

It's wrong to kill someone because you think they might kill you in the future.

4 isn't the natural ending at all what are you talking about
You think after he kills Gus it's "natural" for him to just stop there?

I feel like season 3 and 4 drag abit however season 1, most of 2 and 5 are good. Could have been a more condensed 4 season show I think.

After the finale in season 5 numbnuts. People say stop at season 4 but that's when he kills his boss and becomes the kingpin, gotta watch it, to belief it. Also his best acting is in osymandias episode in s5.

was jr retarded because of that?

Am I the only one here who likes to rewatch the series? Sometimes I leave the show on all day and just catch glimpses of it. Must have seen it all fully atleast 5-6 times now.

Good. Have you seen her feet? He did jessie a favor

When he got cancer

Probably she drank hard liquor the whole time.

One of the most fucked up things he did was trick his old lady next door neighbor into going into his house to see if it was safe for him to enter.

gus had two guys in his house who would have killed him as soon as he entered. for all walt knew he was sending his neighbor to her death.

What about that innocent native american guy he killed? When the nazis steal his money in season 5, they leave one barrel for walt and he rolls it up to a house and the indian says his car isn't for sale, later walt is seen driving that car and there's a quick scene of him driving with an red eagle feather resting on his ear, implying he killed the guy.

when he started doing crossword puzzles

that's retarded. he bought the truck

yes, and walt also got lung cancer from her smoking

flynn*

This.
The fact that he did all the things that he did shows that he was always capable of doing such things. The person that he is could not have possible taken any other path given the circumstances he was presented with.
But I believe in determinism so yeah.

2bh

I forgot about that. I was actually half on walts side during the show but whenever I remembered that I always turned back. Also I think he only got fired.

The first episode, he took the risk of being shot at, was ready to shoot a cop and be killed. He knew deep down he was never going back to what he was

Determinism has been heavily debunked though. The universe inherently has randomness, quantum physics is reaally well tested and established.

This show is awesome because how people interpret it lets you gauge just how big of a naive bleeding heart fucking pussy they are. If I ever meet someone and the topic of Breaking Bad comes up I know with 100% certainty they would cool with me fucking their girlfriend/wife if they don't agree with Walt from start to finish, don't believe Jane was a useless trash barrel that was better off dead, and don't think Skyler was a big part of the problem all along,

most shows are like this. Anime is the worst offender, shows with 500+ episodes are a crime against humanity

at the time the slow buildup was very enjoyable to watch butI can imagine it's a bit of a slog to rewatch.

He put his family's life in danger.
H refused to take a good job that would have taken care of all his problems. That is his most baffling decision in the show and one driven entirely by his ego and not the objectively right thing to do.

I want to blame some scene with his wife but I don't think there is one. I don't think he is really that rare in being able to go that far though.

Immoral way to make lots of money, death sentence, tons of regrets about missed opportunities. He just took some time to psyche himself up

I just meant insofar as free will is concerned. Every single choice we make is fully determined by factors external to the will. So every choice a person makes is the only possible choice they could make in that exact situation.
If this is related to quantum physics somehow and/or has been debunked as well, let me know. I formed this opinion years ago, but it's always possible that new science could change things.

>There are people who view Walt as a genuine unironic badass crime lord

Are they autistic or just edgy teenagers? The show could not make more clear that he's a pathetic old man that desperately wants to be respected.

The "I am the one who knocks" monologue was just a geezer trying to intimidate his bitch wife, not a badass speech.

I would say it was when he banged Skylar in the car. And he said it felt good because it was wrong. This showed him becoming addicted to the power and the feel of doing something he shouldn't. The final straw was when he chased the two meth startups away from "his territory" when he had quit.

My defence for siding with Walt for the longest time even through decisions like letting Jane die was that he always clearly felt fucking awful about those misdeeds. So for me really the first time he broke bad was pic related, he clearly only felt shitty about it in hindsight. Junior was a pretty fucking tolerant son

No, it was 6.

Season 5 and "Season 5 Part Two" that happened one year later are no different than a Season 5 and Season 6.

I think the show was written in a way so that you sided with Walt even though when you thought about it he was shitty. Even though it gets a lot of shit here I still think it was one of the all time greats.

same here, but then i also believe the shield belongs on the same list as the wire and the sopranos. my priorities are fucked because i consider the sopranos the lowest of the greats, i liked deadwood better than it. it's an incredibly well-written show but i found it more fascinating than enjoyable, i never felt any of the defensiveness for tony as i felt for other protagonists, he was always clearly an asshole and his immediate family were always the characters i engaged with the least. my respect for the show is reduced to the timing and the fact that it came first.

I've never seen deadwood but I really can't believe how underated the shield is. Did it just have bad marketing or something?

I blame everything on his bitch of a wife.

Sidenote: I only found out about and watched the shield a couple of years ago on Netflix.

Quantum physics only established for quantum world (very small particle). There are works ongoing, but it's not yet established beyond macroscopic realm. It could be that determinism/randomness is a false dichotomy

Quantum physics doesn't have anything to do with free will. Some people thought that QP debunking determinism meant that free will had been proven, but that's retarded. Randomness in the physical universe does not equal free will. So yeah, as far as I know we can still say with confidence that free will doesn't exist, at least not in the sense that most people think of it. That would require the existence of a soul or something similar, "you" would have to be some entity that is separate from the rest of the universe, and not intertwined in all of the universal events. Without a soul or a metaphysical mind, free will cannot exist.

According to flashbacks, before episode 1.

Most retarded post I have ever seen. You don't know jack shit about quantum mechanics so stop posting about things you saw one YouTube documentary on. Until someone manages to experimentally validate an interpretation of QM the theory remains silent on the question

We're like totally connected man, like stardust made me right this post.

>far out!

>trying to intimidate his bitch wife
that's debatable, he was trying to tell her not to worry imo, he did it in a very aggressive way because of his pent up anger but he didn't want to intimidate her

It never ceases to amaze me how much better this show is than the Sopranos.

When he refused to take his ex-colleague's money.

>anons discussing science
>mockingly imply they are hippies
if you actualy think real science sounds like new age hippie bullshit you must be pretty dense bud

i've tried to come up with an adequate answer to that, because ratings-wise it was strong and easily received a 7-year run, it had a strong fanbase too. i honestly think it's underrated by critics more than anyone, and i have to think the channel might have something to do with it. FX it was on, basic cable and in recent years they've been doing amazing output-quality-wise. easily comparable to premium cable competitors now but the numbers are somehow still modest.

i'm glad to know people are still stumbling upon the shield, a lot of its case-of-the-week storytelling gives off an air of being low-brow but it beats brba for me in terms of harrowing and ugly material. that finale was unmatched and that suicide letter was one of the most perfectly summarized relationships i've ever seen written about. and on a much lesser note i've never been so stunned and horrified as watching aceveda being forced to provide succ at gunpoint.

i don't think there's any method to popularity, or it's just beyond my comprehension. breaking bad got on everyone's radar around season 4 too with no discernible reason. i'm surprised so many normies loved that show, even my little sister who watches CW-tier network garbage fell in love with brba and always brings it up to me (we don't discuss anything else TV-wise). i'm glad because it probably made BCS possible which i've been enjoying the shit out of but i just can't wrap my head around it.

If I was in his position I'd do the exact same thing.