Event Horizon

Just saw this.
What did I think of it?

you fapped.

I enjoyed it, too bad we will never see the Director's Cut, fucking kikes ruin everything

Good premise and strong casting, but the pace is too frantic to be a good horror movie. The CGI has also aged poorly.

One of the few films that I would legitimately like to see remade. There was a good film in here, but the execution ruined it.

first two thirds really excellent, last third a bit rubbish

good when it came out
if you're a millenial baby then you will cry about the fx or something
or want a remake or something equally faggish

Falls the fuck off in the final act.

Like from 8/10 to 3/10 rapidly

What do you think?

Me want Penis I suppose

I saw this in theaters when it came out. Me and my friend had no idea what it was. I kinda expected just a neat sci fi story. I got pretty spooked desu. Haven't tried watching it since then. It kind of shocked me at the time

Now that you mention it, yeah, it was a bit short.

Only 1h36m altogether. Another fifteen or twenty could have smoothed things out.

>What did I think of it?
You tried to not thing about the gravity drive with a blackhole, being very similar to the Romulan warp drive with a quantum singularity. Then you realized that the Romulans are dicks because of their exposure to the chaos gods, because it is the deepest lore.

That black dude is such a better actor than Samuel l Jackson

School Daze (1988) has both actors.

You thought it had some genuinely creepy effective moments and some good acting work, but ultimately you thought it was in essence a rip-off of far better films that came before it and it was about a 6/10 at best.

They'd have to bring back Sammy though, he was made for those 90s lovecraftian horrors. His face can express extreme science-man sanity and off the deep end madness so well.

>thing
think

Best practical set design in the last 50 years

>be 9 yo me
>spending summer holidays with uncle
>he's big fan of sci fi, we watch a lot of movies
>sometimes im left alone while he's off to work
>we watched almost every sci-fi he had in his home library
>we start to go to vhs rental and randomly pick movies from sci fi category
>event horizon? huh, let's try it out
>movie starts
>uncle is off to work
>frozen bodies lost in the cold space
>swearing black people
>brutal murders
>more swearing black ppl
>sam neil pokes his eyes out
>more swearing black ppl
>lets open portal straight to hell

i was scared so shitless of the movie i didnt tell my parents and when uncle asked me if I enjoyed I said i-it w-was o-ok

rewatched as adult, still decent movie for the times it was made

Amazing opening and fucking fantastic set design. Really weak/rushed ending.

I really hope to God that the original directors cut get released one day. Even if it's only in VHS form, since the director has at least a tape of it.

LIBERATE TUTEMET EX INFERIS

This.

The practical sets really are amazing. If this had been made only a few years later, they would have been terrible CGI.

Normie intro to WH40K

>spending summer holidays with uncle

I always thought this was at least part matte painting.

laughably bad, aged poorly

>I enjoyed it, too bad we will never see the Director's Cut, fucking kikes ruin everything
>Directed by Paul WS Anderson
and nothing of value was lost

I'd like to see a remake, but only if they didn't go overboard with the CGI.

Also, keep the good set design while they are at it.

Maybe make the connection with hell and little more obvious and not have it just be a "chaos dimension".

Legit good movie but ruined by the studio.

The uncut directors cut is one of the holy grails of the horror community. People will lose their shit if it is ever released one day.

this.
chills.

The first time I watched I thought it was great
The second time I watched it I thought it was fucking stupid and terribly made

more like Doom prequel